Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finding Uncommon and Rare Grapes from World Adventures

Where can I find and harvest Avornalino Grapes, Meloire Grapes, Gralladina Fran Grapes, and Cranerlet Nuala Grapes.

Comments

• smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited January 2014
    you should be able to find them around the Nectary in France. Alternately, you can find them in a variety of Perfect Gardens around the exchange.

[shameless plug]

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7083086

It's woefully unupdated at this point. I'm still working on the "final" version that includes all the new updates including Grandpa's Grove and ITF stuff. like I said, completely shameless plug...
  • treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited January 2014
    There's this really small hidden pond in France :lol: It's not on a lot, so no adress, alass.
    If you've got the Pangu's axe you can smash the boulders to find a hidden garden.
    This is where all of the rare grapes can be found for free in France.

Because travelling is highly glitched, I've built a small nectary in my hometown.
    Through buydebug I put some of the special fruits there and the travel fruits.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    Swim out to the island in the middle of the river. Both rare grapes can be found there. You may have to choose the right day to harvest them. There are also gems, insects and dig sites. The uncommon grapes are planted around Landgraabs mansion. The common ones can be harvested at the nectary.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Swim out to the island in the middle of the river. Both rare grapes can be found there. You may have to choose the right day to harvest them. There are also gems, insects and dig sites. The uncommon grapes are planted around Landgraabs mansion. The common ones can be harvested at the nectary.

That island is part of the tomb the previous person mentioned. It is Tuatha's garden. You get in after smashing the three boulders at the little fishing hole. There are often various grape varieties growing in that part of the tomb. When you get to the dive well it takes you to the rest of the tomb that is under that small island in the. Middle of the river.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member

My sims are not able to swim onto the island. They can swim around it, but are route blocked from actually getting onto the island. I either have them access the island via Tuatha's garden, per @Karritz 's suggestion, or I have them zenport to the island. If your sim uses zenport to get to the island, you can have them either zenport off, or, if you have the Right and Left Eyes of Horus you can use those to get off the island. Of course, there's always TCE and the teleport option as well.

If you use zenport try to get the rare grapes on the island, it's best to bring a tent and some food and plan to spend the night. Plants transition to the next growth stage at 5 am, so might as well get to the island at night, check for harvestable grapes, then sleep in the tent until morning, and check again before leaving. That will save a few hours of meditation if both rare varieties are currently harvesting the day your sim visits the island.

All 6 varieties of grape can be found in Tuatha's garden. If you explore that you can always return the next day to harvest everything before and after the dive well and end up with plenty of all varieties.
    I've put off exploring Tuatha's Garden, waiting for an adventure associated with it. Because it requires Pangu's Axe, I've assumed that it would be a later adventure. Is this a stand alone or should I wait for the adventure to come up on the board?
    I've put off exploring Tuatha's Garden, waiting for an adventure associated with it. Because it requires Pangu's Axe, I've assumed that it would be a later adventure. Is this a stand alone or should I wait for the adventure to come up on the board?

There is no adventure associated with that tomb. It's a stand alone tomb. (As is Abu Simbel and the copper quarry in Egypt.)
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    There is no adventure associated with that tomb. It's a stand alone tomb. (As is Abu Simbel and the copper quarry in Egypt.)

Thanks. I'd love to know other stand alone tombs, so that I don't have to wait around for them to show when they never will. I wish there was a list somewhere.

BTW - The Copper Quarry in Egypt is not truly a stand alone tomb. It comes up with the adventure to find a missing relic (forgotten childhood of insanity or something - I'll try to remember to edit this when I come across it again. It has only come up lately when another sim is exploring a tomb. It's hard enough keeping on top of one entombed sim and keep another busy above ground. I don't like two underground at the same time.)

edited December 2017
    The copper quarry does come up in a repeatable quest, that's true. I was thinking of story related quests.

As for other stand alone tombs: there's no story related quest for the Ruins of Karnak (just the repeatable one), and I don't recall ever getting a quest for the Pyramid of the Wind. I don't remember any stand alone tombs in China. In France there are 3 tombs around the forgotten burial grounds but only one is associated with a quest I know of.

edit: I haven't found a complete list of all the quests in each location. This list is the most complete list I've found, but it's missing stuff.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • auburn54auburn54 Posts: 1 New Member
    You can find gralladina grapes and cranlet grapes on the island with ruins. They are not ready to harvest so it helps to have a fairy make them bloom. You don't have to destroy the ruins as others suggested, just go the the center square room that is broken open and has grass & flowers growing.
    All the other grapes can be found on the fenced in farm section next to the Nectary.