Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fanmade WORLD MAPS

Guys, these are about to get you dreaming. Check out these map-views of imaginary TS4 worlds and what they might look like, made by filipesims from deviant art.

_sims_4_fanmade_map__monte_vista_by_filipesims-dapdgex.jpg

_sims_4_fanmade_map__downtown__sims_2__by_filipesims-darder2.jpg

_the_community_worlds_project__santa_rosa_by_filipesims-db16dyt.jpg

_tcwp__west_bridge_university_preview_1_by_filipesims-db2nxz4.jpg

_tcwp__diamond_crest_by_filipesims-db7wdzl.jpg

_sims_4_fanmade_map__sunset_valley_by_filipesims-dan5qq3.jpg

Check out the rest of them here.
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• Lucy1213Lucy1213 Posts: 28 Member
    West bridge
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    OH MY GOD. This makes me want them so bad!!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Congrats, Eliharb, you just ruined my day with things I can't have.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2017
    That Santa Rosa map is everything that I want in a vacation world. Add surfing, stir, and Let'sGO!!!

I'm seriously fiending for a change of scenery and activities. Hell, I can't even get a danged pool table in this game.

This is the first of the Sims series where I'm compelled to keep trawling for new poses to tell a story because there is so little for the Sims to do in the actual game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    It is very painful to live without a world creator tool.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would love for a world from either the sims 2 or 3 to come back! I want all those worlds <3
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    That Santa Rosa map is everything that I want in a vacation world. Add surfing, stir, and Let'sGO!!!

I'm seriously fiending for a change of scenery and activities. plum, I can't even get a danged pool table in this game.

This is the first of the Sims series where I'm compelled to keep trawling for new poses to tell a story because there is so little for the Sims to do in the actual game.

Imagine if it came in a pack where you can run a hotel\resort!!! Yes please!
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    These really are awesome!!!!!
    I can't wait until brindleton bay is out and also for all the other new world's coming in the future. I hope we get another holiday destination and won't have to wait till the next expansion :/
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I would be all for a game pack with just a bunch of diverse worlds. I made this thread so it can maybe inspire the devs to give us worlds FASTER!!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    Oh my god, Sunset Valley has so many lots, it would be amazing! I want more 64x64 ones...
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Ugh, we need a CAW tool so badly. Santa Rosa and Diamond Crest look amazing I want.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    they're so awesome it's actually sad...

-Yarden.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I wish you could have custom worlds, these look amazing :love:
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    Yes, CAW is so desperately needed! Not just simply because it would give us more places to explore in TS4 but also because creating worlds or neighborhoods is what some people actually enjoyed most about TS3 (and to some degree also TS2).

I miss imagining places, planning them, creating them, building houses for them and finally moving in families and playing in these worlds. Granted, I enjoy game play much more in TS4 than I did in TS3 (rabbitholes, anyone?) but CAW would make this game quite literally a dream come true for me.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • OmixAdvancedOmixAdvanced Posts: 3 New Member
    I love it!!!
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    These world maps look amazing, almost as if they are real! It is very nice to see some nostalgic maps from the Sims 1, 2 and 3 in Sims 4 style. I really wish they could remake Old Town/Neighbourhood 1 from The Sims 1 at some point in The Sims 4. I also really like that Diamond Crest map.
    Yes, CAW is so desperately needed! Not just simply because it would give us more places to explore in TS4 but also because creating worlds or neighborhoods is what some people actually enjoyed most about TS3 (and to some degree also TS2).

I miss imagining places, planning them, creating them, building houses for them and finally moving in families and playing in these worlds. Granted, I enjoy game play much more in TS4 than I did in TS3 (rabbitholes, anyone?) but CAW would make this game quite literally a dream come true for me.

It's not that CAW doesn't sound like the best thing ever - no more five-lot worlds! - but how would it work? I mean, would it work?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I love these. Very creative.
  • DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2017
    Now I want CAW even more. I want a grittier world to play out a story in, it's hard to try and create a storyline about a poor family when their "run down" home is in the middle of a posh middle class suburb like Willow Creek. San Myshuno is the closest I can get but it's not right. Centro Da Cidade would be perfect.
    edited October 2017
    Now I want CAW even more. I want a grittier world to play out a story in, it's hard to try and create a storyline about a poor family when their "run down" home is in the middle of a posh middle class suburb like Willow Creek. San Myshuno is the closest I can get but it's not right. Centro Da Cidade would be perfect.

Sims Game Pack: Poverty Trap!

Create a family that is about as far from ideal as possible and see seven people and a dog live in poverty in an apartment with two beds, and send them to a low-quality public school that ensures their poor education results in a life slaving as a Gas Jockey or Shelf Monkey and then bear four children into this same life and die at 60.
  • DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Sims Game Pack: Poverty Trap!

Create a family that is about as far from ideal as possible and see seven people and a dog live in poverty in an apartment with two beds, and send them to a low-quality public school that ensures their poor education results in a life slaving as a Gas Jockey or Shelf Monkey and then bear four children into this same life and die at 60.

It comes with a new career as well! "Politician that couldn't care less!". Trick people into voting you using the new lying skill!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Those are really great, too bad no one can actually build them and share them with the rest of us.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > sundaysimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Yes, CAW is so desperately needed! Not just simply because it would give us more places to explore in TS4 but also because creating worlds or neighborhoods is what some people actually enjoyed most about TS3 (and to some degree also TS2).
    >
    > I miss imagining places, planning them, creating them, building houses for them and finally moving in families and playing in these worlds. Granted, I enjoy game play much more in TS4 than I did in TS3 (rabbitholes, anyone?) but CAW would make this game quite literally a dream come true for me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not that CAW doesn't sound like the best thing ever - no more five-lot worlds! - but how would it work? I mean, would it work?

I really don't know. I know nothing about coding so I'm really just guessing but I could imagine that the backdrops as well as the maps might be an issue with custom worlds. The backdrops probably don't fit other world layouts (let alone styles). And since the maps don't show the world zoomed out but rather a stylized version of it, they're probably not just created automatically like they were in TS3. Instead, world creators would need to include maps like the ones in this thread. And not everybody might want to do that.

So, as much as I want it, I don't think a CAW tool like in TS3 would be possible. What could be possible (again, I don't know what the limitations of the game are in this regard!) is a world template system like in TS2. So maybe the developers could implement a tool that would let us choose a world layout and a backdrop style. Something like this would at least give us more space. Plus, it would also mean that we wouldn't be limited in terms of building styles within a world (I know some people aren't too bothered by this but I don't like building houses that look too different from the houses in the backdrops, for the sake of realism).
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    As usual fan made worlds look better
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    These are amazing! Would love to see Three Lakes, I think we're missing something like that.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88