Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling Pets

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Marktn wrote: »
    They said you could sell puppies and kittens born in you home and they would go to “rescue” to be adopted. It was stated several times.

Where was that said?

It was in the last 1/4 of the live stream. Grant also said you wouldn’t be able to sell them in a retail environment because of ethical concerns with puppy mills, and then said they would have 1-3 in a litter and repeated you could sell the ones born in your home and they would basically go to be adopted. So it sounded to me like you can’t literally sell them and it would be more like how you sell things back and get money in buy mode.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    well I'm glad they added selling sometimes bad people will take dogs if there free I've heard stories

I’ve heard that too, it’s horrible and disgusting. :(
  • Options
    What @comicsforlife said. I didn’t see that comment, but basically the same thing I said in my last post.
  • Options
    Yelleb wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote:
    Marktn wrote:
    They said you could sell puppies and kittens born in you home and they would go to “rescue” to be adopted. It was stated several times.
    Where was that said?

I don't know if it was stated multiple times, but I know it was at least stated once in today's livestream. I can't give you a time stamp because I can't find a video of the stream at the moment, but it was when they were talking about litters and how many puppies or kittens there can be in one litter (1-3). Someone asked if you can sell the puppies and kittens if you don't want to keep them all.

He said it at least twice. Wow, so much passion around every comment stated on here. My point was it was stated more than once like many things were as Grant was reading the chat comments.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We are talking about in the game, right? I don't have any evil sims in my game that would mistreat animals, do any of you? I mean, it's not like some NPC sims are going to start breeding pets in small cages on hidden lots. I don't see why there is all this talk about evil breeders that won't actually be in anyone's game. While I can't confirm this, I imagine if you mistreat your pet, it will be taken away. So, what is the real issue here? We can't control what happens in the real world but we can control our games, so what is the problem? Is anyone planning on breeding pets and mistreating them?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Leaving the arguing about adding monetary value to lives behind, I wonfer if this isn't just a standard fee, like in the adoption process; beureocracy.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Leaving the arguing about adding monetary value to lives behind, I wonfer if this isn't just a standard fee, like in the adoption process; beureocracy.

Or a rescue fee at an animal shelter to cover the cost of running it. That is the way I see it.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Well it was said on Twitter that pets will be removed for neglect.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I don't think you will see anything pitiful in the sims treatment towards animals from EA/Maxis. Anything like that would come from a mod. Remember the baby in the barbeque?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We are talking about in the game, right? I don't have any evil sims in my game that would mistreat animals, do any of you? I mean, it's not like some NPC sims are going to start breeding pets in small cages on hidden lots. I don't see why there is all this talk about evil breeders that won't actually be in anyone's game. While I can't confirm this, I imagine if you mistreat your pet, it will be taken away. So, what is the real issue here? We can't control what happens in the real world but we can control our games, so what is the problem? Is anyone planning on breeding pets and mistreating them?
    This is the Sims 4 all the good features are always cut for our own good the Guru's know best.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    well I'm glad they added selling sometimes bad people will take dogs if there free I've heard stories

I feel like they said something about puppy farms, so maybey they want to steer away from the whole 'breeding loads of dog for profit' deal. It was when someone asked if we could use get to work to sell them in a shop.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited October 2017

Where was that said?

It was in the last 1/4 of the live stream. Grant also said you wouldn’t be able to sell them in a retail environment because of ethical concerns with puppy mills, and then said they would have 1-3 in a litter and repeated you could sell the ones born in your home and they would basically go to be adopted. So it sounded to me like you can’t literally sell them and it would be more like how you sell things back and get money in buy mode.
    LunaNova wrote: »
    I feel like they said something about puppy farms, so maybey they want to steer away from the whole 'breeding loads of dog for profit' deal. It was when someone asked if we could use get to work to sell them in a shop.

they could have come up with a puppy mills condemning version of retail if they are as concerned
    but instead they remove the gameplay feature alltogether - as so many other things in this version of the game

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member

Where was that said?

LunaNova wrote: »

they could have come up with a puppy mills condemning version of retail if they are as concerned
    but instead they remove the gameplay feature alltogether - as so many other things in this version of the game

I guess they don't want to promote puppy mills in the game, just like other taboo topics.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    We can't sell animals in a pet shop, but we can set sims on fire, kidnap them, starve them, and drown them? I think having a prison in your house was literally promoted.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    We can't sell animals in a pet shop, but we can set sims on fire, kidnap them, starve them, and drown them? I think having a prison in your house was literally promoted.

I don't think anyone would be encouraged to actually do that to a human in real life though, you know that your being evil to your sims when you lock them in a room and leave them to starve. The problem with pet stores that actually sell pets is that it's very easy to play a game and see it as normal, especially when it's already seen as normal by many in the real world. I would rather the game focused on portraying animals as living creatures that need homes rather than a money making tool. Also I don't know what it's like in other countries but here in the UK cats and dogs are no longer sold in stores due to the mistreatment that tends to go along with it.
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    I get that they don't want to promote puppy mills, but with litters of only up to three puppies or kittens I think it'd be kinda hard to do anyway lol.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »
    I get that they don't want to promote puppy mills, but with litters of only up to three puppies or kittens I think it'd be kinda hard to do anyway lol.

True, but if a dog has the realistic number that could use all the household slots and most likely not have enough. I mean my dog has 10 puppies. I can kind of understand why that's not possible in the game. Although a part of me would like to be able to make my sim self and family accurately!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    remember the Mrs. pongo from the book 101 Dalmations (Pertida isnt Pongo's wife in the book by Dodie Smith..but is the wet nurse)-delivered 15 puppies.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    remember the Mrs. pongo from the book 101 Dalmations (Pertida isnt Pongo's wife in the book by Dodie Smith..but is the wet nurse)-delivered 15 puppies.

I read the original book when I was a kid and it bugged me because, before she "married" Pongo, she was just Missis, then Missis Pongo. Perdita was a liver colored Dalmatian whose pups were sold to Cruella. Her mate was Prince whom she met in the park one day.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

I read the original book when I was a kid and it bugged me because, before she "married" Pongo, she was just Missis, then Missis Pongo. Perdita was a liver colored Dalmatian whose pups were sold to Cruella. Her mate was Prince whom she met in the park one day.

yep..the "Prince" is the end "1" in One Hundred and ONE Dalmatians. So basically if we take away movie!Perdita and Pongo, and their 15 puppies (17) and subtract it from 101 it means there are 84 puppies in the movie that Perdita and Pongo "adopted".
    6adMCGP.gif