Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top load washing machines

Can't y'all see, we all need them to the Laundry Day Stuff, we have them since Ambitions, Town Life Stuff, and University Life! If we don't have them, guess what? I'm about to be extremely upset and disappointed as heck!

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Prepare for disappointment my friend.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    We're getting front load instead, which will be stackable so they can work in smaller areas (you could stack them in a closet if you're in an apartment; many newer apartments are provding in unit laundry rather than a laundry room that they have to do the upkeep). Or if you put them side by side you could stack things on top of them (the stacked folded shirts that came with GTW, for example, or if we're getting a detergent box clutter item.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    the practical part of a fron load say you have your sims living in an appartment and there not much room you can stack the washer dryer in the kitchen or the bathroom even if i would love a top load for my sims sometime you have to accept the content that comes with the game @12JEREMIA
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    @Chazzzy @stilljustme2 @friendlysimmers
    That's OK! I will wait until the new pack comes when there's top load washers!
    edited October 2017
    @12JEREMIA you should look at this pos where they show the washer dryers from a tweet from SimGuruGraham http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926274/new-washing-machine-colors#latest
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @12JEREMIA you should look at this pos where they show the washer dryers from a tweet from SimGuruGraham http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926274/new-washing-machine-colors#latest

Those are nice washers and dryers. I'm wondering do the basic ones match any and all cabinet/counters in the game? Maxis has a bad habit of not matching base game counter tops, bases and appliances.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I'm not all that keen on the colors. Pink is a flashback to the 1950s. Orange is just atrocious and my least favorite color of all colors. But, I'm very happy to have the machines, front loading or otherwise. I'll just have to make them fit into my decor. I predict I will have many a back laundry room, out of sight, more or less. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I'm not all that keen on the colors. Pink is a flashback to the 1950s. Orange is just atrocious and my least favorite color of all colors. But, I'm very happy to have the machines, front loading or otherwise. I'll just have to make them fit into my decor. I predict I will have many a back laundry room, out of sight, more or less. LOL

Yeah, I'm likely to do that as well; if Seasons is on the drawing board yet maybe there will be features to turn it into a mud room of some sort. Don't have much of a use for mud/snow rooms here, but I've seen some nice ones on home improvement shows so it would be fun to recreate some of those. I suppose I could put a locker in the back room and Sims can change their clothes there.

I think the colors are so you can have more of a fun type of laundry room rather than just blah white/grey and stuff. Also ties in with a lot of the current brights in the game already.
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @Chazzzy @stilljustme2 @friendlysimmers
    That's OK! I will wait until the new pack comes when there's top load washers!

AFAIK there are only front loaders in the pack, so don't hold your breath waiting for top loaders.

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    You can stack the washer and dryer onto each other.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Can't y'all see, we all need them to the Laundry Day Stuff, we have them since Ambitions, Town Life Stuff, and University Life! If we don't have them, guess what? I'm about to be extremely upset and disappointed as heck!

Top loaded washers are so 1952.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    i prefer front load
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

my main choice might of been top load washer but I accept the front load washer dryer set makes sims homes more modern and its also a big plus if you have sims living in an apartment you can stack the set same if you eidt modify a log cabin to add toddler bedrooms or decide to build a future laundry room and @12JEREMIA if you went a top load washer I am sure in du time site like mods the sims will make some when the sp comes out

They're handy for some things; I know crafters who have an old topload washer to use for felting wool for knit/crochet projects. But for standard washing front-loaders are becoming the standard because they're often more efficient, plus the ability to stack them and save space.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    You'd figure with Laundry day as the packs title there would be more washer and dryer options... oh well just another thing for modders to fix
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member

Not really. Where I live, top loaders are actually more common, and they usually are modern looking and have a transparent lid like the ones in the images below. The one I have in my real-life house looks quite similar to the one in the first image.
    electrolux-blue-touch-ultra-clean-lbu15-superior-15-kg-branco_600x600-PU479d8_1.jpg
    4f79a08b88c6be3b8e209ea5fa639622.jpg
    Here, front loaders are usually dryers or washer + dryer combos (both in just one appliance). Front loader washers (without dryer) are quire rare. But for The Sims it doesn't really bother me that there are only front loaders, I'm pretty happy with what we're getting.
  • Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    When is this pack available? I haven't really kept up on it because I could care less about Sims doing laundry...but I remember seeing a round table that fit 6 chairs that I can't wait to use in all my homes
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would guess that they are only using front loading so the animations would be the same.
  • oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    It would be good to have washing machines because that's part of the game and we are missing lots of stuff we had in the sims 3
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

Since they have the main feature now, they should be able to add to it. Maybe the top load and the ability to turn them into coin machines for a laundry mat could be added to university or a home pack and be usable if you have the laundry pack.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    davina1221 wrote: »

Since they have the main feature now, they should be able to add to it. Maybe the top load and the ability to turn them into coin machines for a laundry mat could be added to university or a home pack and be usable if you have the laundry pack.

The pack is done. I saw the trailer for it over on face book two hours ago - it comes out on the 16th. So they aren't changing or adding nothing - it's done. Cute trailer too.

I thought they'd also have the trailer here - shocked not to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/videos/1670281929677537/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I thought we'd have both options - front load and top load - but guess not. Unless they just didn't show it in the trailer. But we know with S4 everything is only half done. lol I'm still excited to get my sims to washing clothes once more! Wish the could vacuum as well.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I never saw a dryer in real life, neither a front load whatever. Here the same kind of top load machine also does both functions.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've learned more about laundry machines in this thread than I ever even thought of learning in life.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    > @lexus20 said:
    > Beardedgeek wrote: »
    >
    > 12JEREMIA wrote: »
    >
    > Can't y'all see, we all need them to the Laundry Day Stuff, we have them since Ambitions, Town Life Stuff, and University Life! If we don't have them, guess what? I'm about to be extremely upset and disappointed as heck!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Top loaded washers are so 1952.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not really. Where I live, top loaders are actually more common, and they usually are modern looking and have a transparent lid like the ones in the images below. The one I have in my real-life house looks quite similar to the one in the first image.
    >
    >
    > Here, front loaders are usually dryers or washer + dryer combos (both in just one appliance). Front loader washers (without dryer) are quire rare. But for The Sims it doesn't really bother me that there are only front loaders, I'm pretty happy with what we're getting.

These toploaders look cool, i have never seen one with a transparent lid. I would love to see them in the sims. (however i could also appreciate an alien washing machine)
  • angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    Wouldn't it have been nice if the washing machines malfunction and start wobbling and you had to sit on the top of them to keep them steady.