Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1000 Sims Add-ons

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims (2000)
I found an old PC Format magazine CD from 2002 when turning out my boxroom today (shows how often I do a turnout doesn't it)?

"A Massive pack of 1000 Sims add-ons, Sims themes, decor, utilities" (The Sims) Does anyone remember this?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2017
    Wasn't that the first pack... *Living Large? =/
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    @Rflong7 It was so long ago I can't remember if it came after "Living Large" but no, it was a pack of houses, etc., lifted probably from Simmers' websites. I was such an addict in those days that I bought everything (plus magazines) that included the mention of "The Sims" as it was a bit of a phenomenon. I got "Job Factory" (still have it) and another suite of addons on CD's that there was a bit of a commotion about online as a lot of it also came from other Simmers' work I understand. It might have come from them. Pre TSR?

I was on very expensive slow dialup in those days and was more downloading stuff than entering disputes. If you played "The Sims" from the start can you remember any problems about the "lift (or elevator)? I vaguely remember something about copyright as the only small lifts came from a couple of websites and Maxis never made any, only 4 square). I just frequented the "News" sites at the time.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, Right. I remember reading about it in a game magazine... or online. How someone put a bunch of CC together and sold it.

I didn't play it from the start. I started playing near the end, before MM was released. I did get the game early on as a free game with my computer but I put it away until years later when my hubby was deployed overseas for a year. :)
    Then I bought all the expansions to slowly add over the months. :mrgreen:
  • gH2536gH2536 Posts: 1 New Member
    That's Life maybe?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/517FSB8SBYL._SY445_.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    @gH2536 I've got that one too. "Electronic Arts" shop sold it then. (now Game)? It could share some items but I can't remember. I've got to dig out an old laptop or PC to play "The Sims" these days and might try it out to see.

I made a CD of "pruned" free items myself which I had checked against all the helpful programs that modders made to sort out .inf files. I steered clear of "paysites" then but somebody evidently saw some profit from selling theirs. Maybe this is why EA is so firm now in their copyright ownership details.

Somewhere in my CDs I have all those Maxis, modders programs and Favourites' sites too. Always "Save" is my motto!
  • wendellhillwendellhill Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, Guys I know this is not right way to ask the question. Maybe I have no privileges to create the new thread. I am playing The SIMS free play on my Android Mobile. how I can fast increase my levels
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    > @wendellhill said:
    > Hello, Guys I know this is not right way to ask the question. Maybe I have no privileges to create the new thread. I am playing The SIMS free play on my Android Mobile. how I can fast increase my levels

go into the freeplay forum, you might find someone willing to talk about it.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
    > @theFella said:
    > > @wendellhill said:
    > > Hello, Guys I know this is not right way to ask the question. Maybe I have no privileges to create the new thread. I am playing The SIMS free play on my Android Mobile. how I can fast increase my levels
    >
    > go into the freeplay forum, you might find someone willing to talk about it.

Thanks. Can you give me a link
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    > @wendellhill said:
    > > @theFella said:
    > > > @wendellhill said:
    > > > Hello, Guys I know this is not right way to ask the question. Maybe I have no privileges to create the new thread. I am playing The SIMS free play on my Android Mobile. how I can fast increase my levels
    > >
    > > go into the freeplay forum, you might find someone willing to talk about it.
    >
    > Thanks. Can you give me a link

nope. new member. sure someone else can.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
    @Simburian Thanks