Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the reason you keep coming back to the sims 4 rather then play 2/3?

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity... if sims 5 came out tomorrow would you guys give up sims 4 to play it or keep both? I’d probably jump ship pretty quickly depending on if 5 has better sims/gameplay.

I always look at gameplay footage BEFORE purchasing any game. That is why I purchased Sims 4 and not Sims 3. So, it would depend on what was in the actual gameplay footage. I would most likely wait for it to be out a full year as well.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    At first I did not know how to play Sims 4 and it took a year for me to actually start playing it. I think it was around when GTW was released and I saw how well EA had made aliens made me get exited about it. Then it felt like the game had more interesting things to do. So...I started playing and begun to like good things they had done. I love how well TS4 runs compared to TS3. They really made great improvement on that and it proves they really listened us..fans.

Sims 4 has some great tools I love to use. Town modification is awesome and it is so easy to use. I don´t need to buy any separated world to play with a certain theme. All I need to do is bull zone a world and fill it with the theme I like. For example, Oasis Springs can be set up with many fun themes such as scifi, survival themes, trailer parks, homeless sims etc. And the same with rest of the neighborhoods. And if I want a town full of banilla sims or aliens I can just go to town population tool and remove regular townies and replace them with one easy click. So..yeah so many improvements on that too. Previous games have them too but TS4 has the easiest and fastest tools for all of it.

Graphics are beautiful too...it´s clear and cute. CAS is the best because of the body types and molding options. I thought I can´t live without color wheels but I can. I thinks it´s actually easier and faster to create sims now that there is no color wheel. I don´s spend too much time on CAS...I actually play the game now. I do not need to fix every detail with certain pattern or color. But..what I wish for is more options to the presets. There should be more colors available. I am hoping they will add more skintones, haircolors etc. later with patches or something.

Well..I go back to Sims 3 sometimes to play with seasons and pets (horses mainly and other farm animals). I really hope EA will make EP for horses and farms sometime later. So for that...I am happy I have TS3 still installed even tough it feel like It does not have anything new to offer..I played it so much I am just not that interested in it anymore. Sims 4 seems more like a game Sims 2 was...it´s more fun to actually play. Sims 3 was more a game for creativity and I remember all those fun decorating etc. competitions we had. With the TS3 you can pretty much do anything, but the playing part is a pain. Its painful because of all the bugs and lagging that TS4 does not have. I would play all these games sometimes but I do not have time for all of them so I choose playing Sims 4. I enjoy the bug free smooth experience and the cute graphics the most.

Also TS4 has already made many of my dreams come true such as: the baking skill and bakeries, restaurants and all the food recipes (lots of them), spas and yoga, town modification tools, body molding, smooth gameplay, interesting and good game packs, collecting stuff, toddlers, supernaturals (aliens and vampires so far) are very well made, all the cute objects and stuff the game has for decorating and playing with fun themes. I also love Get Together and clubs because It makes building up skills so much more fun. I do not like City Living EP so much (there is no so much content for my taste), but I think that Dogs and Cats EP is going to be great.

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I like sims 3 but sims 4 is just easier and quicker. Like building a house in sims 4 will take me maybe 2 hours while in sims 3 it takes me several days.
    Idk why but sims 4 just seems faster in that sense. And it is easier to play in a few free minutes.
  • raybagginsraybaggins Posts: 30 New Member
    probably come back
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Sims 4 has some great tools I love to use. Town modification is awesome and it is so easy to use. I don´t need to buy any separated world to play with a certain theme. All I need to do is bull zone a world and fill it with the theme I like. For example, Oasis Springs can be set up with many fun themes such as scifi, survival themes, trailer parks, homeless sims etc. And the same with rest of the neighborhoods. And if I want a town full of banilla sims or aliens I can just go to town population tool and remove regular townies and replace them with one easy click. So..yeah so many improvements on that too. Previous games have them too but TS4 has the easiest and fastest tools for all of it.

Town modification? Really? I had no idea. Can you rename the towns? Setup your own house lots?

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »

Town modification? Really? I had no idea. Can you rename the towns? Setup your own house lots?

No you can't. That is not what I ment. That would be great and hopefully we will get more of some kind of world building tools in the future but for me what we have is good enough for my gaming style. I would love to be able to decorate the towns too but I doubt it..its just that personally I do not have time for that or interest because I like TS4 town..they are nice enough...so Im not missing CAW etc..I prefer playing fun challenges instead.
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I remember sims 3 had a ton of content but most of it was just stuff. I always try to go back and play sims 3 because of everything you could do. I'll build my family and then my house and start to play then my sim will wave in the air and get stuck or they put there food down to talk. I realize once again why I'm playing sims 4 even though there is a lack of content.

I was just carious, I know a lot of people play both on and off.

That’s a really good question. I guess TS4 is the newest and the other ones look dated. Plus, TS3 crashed too much for me. Out of three years TS4 has crashed on me twice. I like the art they implement into TS4 and the attention to minute details from the Sims reactions to their interactions. It’s not as fun to me as 3 (yet) but it’s a beautiful game.
    71rbpi.png
  • NadiaMoanaNadiaMoana Posts: 13 New Member
    I really like the Sims 4, the CAS, the build mode. But Sims 3, in my opinion, is so much better gameplay wise.
    I can't actually play the S3 anymore because my new computer can't run it.
    I always get bored of the S4, but I keep playing it because it looks and is just so much newer! It runs a lot smoother, and I always come back to it.
  • recino2recino2 Posts: 10 New Member
    While The Sims 3 was awesome, and had a huge amount of content, I have trouble going back to it for 3 reasons.
    1) the load times are abysmal. I know it sounds petty, but I cant stand having to wait so long to go from CAS to gameplay. And once you get too many EP's installed, it gets even slower and bug-ier. People talk about how they can play TS3 for hours, and I'm sure some of those hours are loading screens.

2) The UI is nicer. Sims 3 came out in 2009, and boy is it showing. It's hard to describe, but I feel like 4 gets what I'm trying to do when I use it.

4) I prefer the aesthetic of 4. Subjective? Absolutely. None the less, I just like to look at the Sims 4.
  • BBWBBW Posts: 3 New Member
    I never liked the sims 3, i didn't understand anything about it. But the sims 2 was amazing because the cheats were so good. You could do anything with just a simple word or with the tombstone of life and death or sim modder. Example: you could get your sims pregnant by the tombstone with anyone who was on that lot (even the reaper) then you could simply use the cheat forcetwins to get twins and then you could speed up your pregnancy with the tombstone! But i love the sims 4 graphics!
  • ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    My favourite was TS2. I had pretty much all the EPs and just loved it. I never recall being bored of TS2 ever. In fact as a child I used to set my alarm for 1:30am and sneak into the computer room to play it more at night.
    I don't play it anymore because one, I lost the game/expansions. I gave them to a friend to borrow and never got it back. And I missed to opportunity to download them for free from Origin. But I am not sure I could go back to it because of the graphics.

TS3 I enjoyed, but felt it lacked some of the quirkiness from TS2 and TS1, and other elements that just made it super engaging. But again was enjoyable. I do not go back to play TS3 because it is just too buggy. It's not that my computer couldn't handle the open world. (Well it couldn't, not well. But my brothers high end computer which plays GTA V as smooth as a babies bottom, could. And yet TS3 was still so buggy, I found it unplayable after playing with a family for not even a generation. This suggests that TS3 was just made on a poor game engine that couldn't support the content, rather than "we don't have the technology to make a game like TS3 not buggy" or 'you don't have a good enough computer to play it properly".)

TS4 bores me to death. But as a fan (ex loyal fan) from the Sims 1, I have such nostalgia for the game, that I keep hoping if I come back to it, it will be more engaging than the last time. Unfortunately it's not. But Nostalgia and being a fan of the franchise from the beginning is also the reason why I am so disappointed, upset and why I complain a lot about TS4. The Sims has so much potential, and I want to see it succeed to the standard it could and should. Although now i'd be very happy to see this life simulation type game succeed from a different company (hence, ex loyal fan).
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited November 2017
    1. Smoother framerate and performance than TS3.
    2. More clothing variety than TS2/TS3 (except for Create-A-Style).
    3. More fluid control than TS3.
    4. More user-friendly buy/build mode.
    5. More user-friendly UI.
    6. To an extent, the artistic style of the graphics.

If The Sims 4 had Create-A-Style, its Create-A-Sim would pretty much be invincible.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Haven't owned Sims 2 in over 10 years. Never played Sims 3. So I don't have any Sims 2/3 to go back to. Whenever I see any video clips of Sims 2 or 3, I know there's no way I could ever play either one again....the graphics are so outdated....I wouldn't enjoy it.
  • bpm103bpm103 Posts: 10 New Member
    Not only does it load/save completely fast, but it also has some of the best editing options. I don't miss sliders, and I certainly don't miss spending a lot of time on trying to fix walls when I can edit with just a few clicks. I do miss the styling tool from TS3, but I'm not desperate for it.
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited November 2017
    The fact that it doesn't explode in a burning car fire every time I try to play it. I enjoy 3 the most (both gameplay and visually), but it runs so horribly and I can't go more than a few days without some catastrophic glitch happening. TS2 has great nostalgia value, but every time I've fired it up I just end up going back to 4 because of the graphics.

TS4 has a better build (minus CAST) and CAS, but I prefer TS3's style and the content it has, plus the worlds are so much better and you can use ones created by other players. I'm the kind of simmer who needs a new view every legacy gen, and TS4 has fairly limited worlds that I never quite feel at home in. And building/furnishing-wise, there's so much creativity lost by not having CAST. I'm not a fan of the UI style either, but it's functional and more modern than 2 and 3's so whatever.

Basically, I only come back to 4 because I'd rather half-enjoy a game reliably, than enjoy it for a day and have to spend the next day or two troubleshooting.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Well, TS2 and TS4 offer different things for me. TS4 has that in-depth CAS (probably the deepest thing about the game), vampires and aliens in this game are pretty good, Build Mode has some nice improvements, no social worker punishing me for having latchkey kids, and way better toddlers. TS2 has overall deeper gameplay, an actual meter for keeping track of sim weight gain instead of having you have to constantly check their character model, emotions that aren't always drowned out by nice furniture, and a whole lot of random surprises.

Both games are fun, TS2 is objectively the better game, but TS4 has a lot of good points too.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited November 2017
    My computer is basically like an old car at this point, but its specs are high enough to run The Sims 4 pretty well before it crashes due to my PC’s dumb 3 GB RAM limit.

Despite my PC’s specs exceeding way beyond The Sims 3’s system requirements, I experience unstable framerate, especially when there’s a lot of activity on-screen.
    Post edited by MMX on
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Well, TS2 and TS4 offer different things for me. TS4 has that in-depth CAS (probably the deepest thing about the game), vampires and aliens in this game are pretty good, Build Mode has some nice improvements, no social worker punishing me for having latchkey kids, and way better toddlers. TS2 has overall deeper gameplay, an actual meter for keeping track of sim weight gain instead of having you have to constantly check their character model, emotions that aren't always drowned out by nice furniture, and a whole lot of random surprises.

Both games are fun, TS2 is objectively the better game, but TS4 has a lot of good points too.

@SimsLovinLycan , I have to agree with you! I think TS2 had the best gameplay. (it also had fantastic music)! I would still play it but that was 2 computers ago, and I would have to start fresh and miss all of my stories and Sims I created, so it would be impossible to recreate. :'( It is just best I don't try to play it again because it would reinforce what I was missing.
    TS3 felt empty to me in comparison, except for CASt and those multicolored fireflies I was obsessed with collecting! :D I did really enjoy Seasons, Supernatural, Pets, and Generations, and the Into the Future packs. But I still think TS2 was my favorite. That said, I still miss a lot of the TS1 style and gameplay, but not the graphics! LOL The CAS was the worst of them all, but I adored the pack with the Hollywood theme (was it Superstar?) that had all the Art Deco décor and items <3 and the Makin' Magic pack. <3 And I loved ALL of the music in TS1 B)<3
    While I miss something from each version of The Sims, I still enjoy TS4. CAS is easier, as is building (however building is not as in depth at TS3), and the graphics are fantastic. Toddlers from TS4 are the best (followed by TS2). o:) One would think since TS3 had better graphics than TS2, that the toddlers in TS3 would be better, but they weren't half as cute as TS2 toddlers (or TS4 toddlers)! I do like the moods in TS4 and it is so much better cleaning up dishes than in earlier versions where you had to make your Sim do it. ;) I'm really loving the in-depth family play from the Parenthood pack! B)<3 It makes the gameplay much richer for me since I mostly play families!
    In a dream world I would take everything from all 4 versions and combine them! :* But then I might never do anything else in my life but play the Sims, so it is for the best that this can't happen! :D I want to spend time with my real-life family and dogs, as well as watch TV shows, read, crochet and knit, go on hikes, paint, and learn other things. So maybe I should be thankful that no version of the Sims is perfect and that despite that all version are great! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I love the sims 2 but the graphics get to me, still I do play it from time to time. The sims 3 is horrible after playing a while and I really miss it but it’s so clunky that after a bit I start to relive all my past frustrations with the game. The idle staring off into space face of the sims 3 sims also freaks me out a bit.

I do return to both on occasion because of missing seasons so much. I really can’t wait for seasons to be added to the sims 4, it’s a huge thing that is missing for me.

The sims 4 is my favorite in terms of graphics and the smooth gameplay. There are bugs in the sims 4 but they typically are fixed with changing lots or restarting the game which is a huge improvement on past versions.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I still play TS2 and TS3, I just don't play them as often. The first time I went back to TS2 it was funny because I had forgotten how to play.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really love the sims 2. And 1. I play them from time to time still. I have trouble with 2 because as a rotational player, it bugs me that my households are living in different seasons. It also bugs me when I take them out for the whole day to a lot, and then send them home when they are dead tired....it's back to the time they left the house at. I love the continuous flow of time and that it's all the same in sims 4 no matter which house I play.

I haven't touched 3 in a long, long, long time. ( can't stand the way they look). But sometimes I miss the adventuring of WA. It's the only reason I would start that game up again because I still haven't cleared every tomb in WA. I want to do that some day. It's on my bucket list. LOL. ( If only I could stand to look at the sims....
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I really love the sims 2. And 1. I play them from time to time still. I have trouble with 2 because as a rotational player, it bugs me that my households are living in different seasons. It also bugs me when I take them out for the whole day to a lot, and then send them home when they are dead tired....it's back to the time they left the house at. I love the continuous flow of time and that it's all the same in sims 4 no matter which house I play.

I haven't touched 3 in a long, long, long time. ( can't stand the way they look). But sometimes I miss the adventuring of WA. It's the only reason I would start that game up again because I still haven't cleared every tomb in WA. I want to do that some day. It's on my bucket list. LOL. ( If only I could stand to look at the sims....

@fullspiral , funny how you would rather look at a tomb than look at a TS2 Sim! :o:D:D
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Rich2017Rich2017 Posts: 12 New Member
    I still play both Sims 3 and 4. I only have like 6 or 7 expansions on S3 but they are the ones I like. I love setting up a farm and training and breeding horses in S3, so I am happy with the Cats and Dogs in S4, I only wish they had horses. We will see...
  • NunnDuuRaah1NunnDuuRaah1 Posts: 35 Member
    It's absolutely CC for me.

For a long time I had this irrational fear of mods. I dunno, they just seemed like a big hassle to get into. But I'm extremely glad I got over it.

As much as we love certain games, and as much freedom and content the game can offer us, sometimes you gotta admit that things get stale. But when you open that door to the realm of CC, your Sims experience really starts expanding.

And the graphics are a big deal for me too. I know you shouldn't judge things based purely on the superficiality of it, but this game is beautiful. And if you get sick of the more cartoony look, you can always get some o' that sweet CC for a more realistic feel.

PS: No I'm not being paid by custom content creators to give praise to CC. ;)
    But it's really amazing what people can do, and it just makes me proud of the community/fandom.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I still do love The Sims 3, but... Sims 4 is just quicker.

Quicker to start up, quicker to jump into, quicker to make things in general, and it also doesn't lag as much. Also, I like its (very few) supernaturals much better than their previous iterations. They were just handled better. Except for ghosts and plantsims, those were way better in earlier games imo.

And the sims just plain look better too?? Mostly how diverse they can get. Body type, pupil size, being able to accurately create several different ethnicities, and so on. The presets for most of the face parts kinda all look the same for the most part, just judging from the thumbnails, but still.
    I don't like the default texture of the TS4 faces, though. Too shiny. Not my taste at all. So I'm that glad mods exist to fix that one aspect I don't like about them, now I am way more inclined to play this game more often.

At some point I've also tried to create some of my Sims 4 sims in Sims 3, and realized that TS3 was really missing some of the sliders that would truly allow me to make some of my TS4 sims look like themselves.
    Such as this guy:
    mort_compare_by_magdaneela-dbu1nwv.png
    Made me realize I was missing a neck size slider. And something for the jaw. Overall face shape, really. Probably doesn't help that TS3 dudes also look rather square overall?
    I never really felt the need to get custom sliders for this game (besides, like, essentials like height sliders and pointy ears), but trying to do this just shed some light to problems I didn't realize existed. See, this is why I like Sims 4 sims better.

I dare you all to try going in reverse like this. Recreate your stuff from Sims 4 in the earlier games instead, be it houses or sims. Disaster or not, it's still kinda interesting to see.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr