Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is no longer fun and many are quitting

Comments

• HaphazardlyHaphazardly Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm really late on this thread, but oh well.

With most mobile games, TSFP takes up a ton of space on my phone. Most apps like this I usually play for a week and I get bored so I uninstall it.
    I do appreciate all the work EA has put into this game, but it looks like it's coming to an end now that the Sims Mobile is coming into play.

You've had a good run TSFP.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I'm really late on this thread, but oh well.

With most mobile games, TSFP takes up a ton of space on my phone. Most apps like this I usually play for a week and I get bored so I uninstall it.
    I do appreciate all the work EA has put into this game, but it looks like it's coming to an end now that the Sims Mobile is coming into play.

The Sims Freeplay still get huge updates and the Sims Mobile is a very different game. Besides that the game is only launched in Brazil and there are other soft launched mobile games that were soft launched almost a year ago but still haven't been launched worldwide even though they got new updates less than a month ago. So the worldwide launch of the Sims Mobile could easily be more than a half year away too.
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru

It's not goodbye :) We're very excited to have The Sims Mobile in the family with us, however The Sims FreePlay will still continue to exist side-by-side. We're not going anywhere.

Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've had this game on my phone for about a month and while it was addicting at first, now I got bored with it. It's too time consuming, no queues to have multiple actions and I'd rather do something else than stay on my phone for hours.
    Also, if I don't play for a day or so, my sims' motive decay so I'd have to go back and play daily and fill their needs since they have literally no free will and they will just sit around and (maybe) die if I don't attend to them. Sometimes I can't complete tasks because some take a ridiculously long time and the time in which I have to do them is too short.
    I might uninstall this game soon. The good thing is I spent no money on it so nothing was lost.
    NK4koaX.png
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I've had this game on my phone for about a month and while it was addicting at first, now I got bored with it. It's too time consuming, no queues to have multiple actions and I'd rather do something else than stay on my phone for hours.
    Also, if I don't play for a day or so, my sims' motive decay so I'd have to go back and play daily and fill their needs since they have literally no free will and they will just sit around and (maybe) die if I don't attend to them. Sometimes I can't complete tasks because some take a ridiculously long time and the time in which I have to do them is too short.
    I might uninstall this game soon. The good thing is I spent no money on it so nothing was lost.
    In the Sims Freeplay your sims will never die unless you tell them to :)

I have played two different games on two tablets (iOS and android). But on my android tablet there can even be months between that I play it. My observations are:
    1. The sims don't ever age unless they do something. So they stop their aging when they have finished the tasks you gave them.
    2. Their motives decay when they don't do anything. But not when they do something.
    3. If you haven't entered the game for a couple of days then their motives will be very low and they wet themselves and pee on the floor. But if you don't enter the game at all for a week or two then all their motives will usually suddenly have been repaired by magic. So if you haven't played for a very long time then the developers apparently have decided to help you to get back in the game :)
  • katkategal1katkategal1 Posts: 44 Member
    I agree, the game is decaying slowly. I'm just forgetting about this game, The Sims Mobile is the new Sims FreePlay, I am kinda sad because I wasted about 100 dollars buying money, life points, and VIP... This is just :neutral:
  • katkategal1katkategal1 Posts: 44 Member
    > @Haphazardly said:
    > I'm really late on this thread, but oh well.
    >
    > With most mobile games, TSFP takes up a ton of space on my phone. Most apps like this I usually play for a week and I get bored so I uninstall it.
    > I do appreciate all the work EA has put into this game, but it looks like it's coming to an end now that the Sims Mobile is coming into play.
    >
    > You've had a good run TSFP.

Your right, but the game was already becoming boring before the sims mobile even came out! I kind of feel sad that it is coming to a end it had a lot of potental (so many times updated).
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    The game is made for little kids lol XD
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    I'm not sure if FreePlay is enjoyable today compared to before. While the French Romance Update removed the LP requirement to reverse aging which made Simmers happy, many Simmers are getting upset with the game constantly throwing Event after Event espeically with them being impossible or diffcult to complete without spending real money, not being helped with the Social Point requirement. I have looked at The Girl Who Games and saw posts about Live Events implying the game is focusing more on these Events.

I definitely agree about the events! I don't have as much time to admittedly play this game as I'd like to, but the lack of time given for the events (and the frequency) honestly left me feeling overwhelmed with the game. It's as though they've thrown so much at us, I feel like I can't keep up with it all or end up missing stuff (or not having enough time to complete tasks). I've lost track of how many events and things I've missed out on and the near-impossibility to sometimes complete the tasks (unless one spends money) has sometimes served more a deterrent. I get that the company feels a need to make money, but if anything, taking such an approach seems more off-putting to me to want to actually spend it.

I also agree with you on the social points. When I see that requirement come up, it's a huge deterrent for me to even consider completing something or joining in.

I don't have a single monument that's even close to completion just as many of my sites where I need so many of certain orbs are far from complete. With the orbs, I admittedly don't have as much time to devote to playing and getting to a level and needing x-number of orbs per thing seems like a tall order, to be honest. However, I may be in the minority in feeling that way, who knows.

However, while I am glad to finally see that the forced aging has been removed from the game, I also feel it should have been a choice from the get-go rather than imposed upon us with an update the way it was.

• SmokingFoxSaysSmokingFoxSays Posts: 79 Member
    Like @LauraMSim I played the TSFP since it has been out and now just cant even bring myself to open the app, yet don't have the heart to delete it.
    So right, so many updates and challenges and hustle and grind...just to much. Your so right @Wulfsimmer . I mean for me, personally there is no comparison for the awesomeness that is TS4.
    https://smokingfoxsays.com/
    (Check out the link, for my Sim Story Blog : SIMPEAKS)
    Watch me play:
    https://twitch.tv/smokingfoxsays

To those about to Sim I Salute you :)

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I never liked sims free play any way. There were too little customization options, and it too forever just to unlock a simple new thing for your game.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I just tried it for the first time a few days ago, and I don't like it too much, especially the fact that the sims wont take care of their own needs while I'm away.
  • LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2017
    I just started playing. If the game doesn't hold my attention for long, I won't be disappointed since most games on the tablet (I won't use the phone for this) do not hold my attention. But for now, it's fun, and it keeps my Sims cravings at bay when I can't get to the computer at home. :smile:

Also, when looking at Freeplay from the lens of "this is a mobile game" - it's rather complex and beautifully done. A mobile game is never going to compete with a computer or console game for me, but for what it is - a game on the go powered only on my little tablet - it's very nice!

One thing that would make it better, and this speaks to the complaint of too many goals and time limits, would be a tweak to the balance between having to make money and fulfill quests and challenges, and pure exploration that doesn't eat a lot of time. As a mobile game, I want to get into it quickly and play for a few minutes here and there. Having all my Sims tied up in jobs, gardening, or long-term goals means there isn't a Sim to play with when I have a few minutes and often when there are smaller goals to accomplish, I don't have the time to play through them.
    Post edited by LillyPutian0 on
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    i think no free will is Sims Freeplay biggest fault,sims just like some stumps
  • Aggravated2019Aggravated2019 Posts: 1 New Member
    I been playing sims free play for 4 months now I have so many glitches I email the link no one helps or get back to me. It take entirely too long to finish alot of the takes its getting so boring for me you really have to wait sometimes 19hr just to finish the task then 24 hrs to finish the next one its just too much for me I will pass signing off (TSFP) MOBILE IT GOT CORNY FOR ME
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Wow! I am surprised by this thread. I have had no problems completing any of the recent timed events (and have never spent money to complete them either). This is my favorite mobile game and I have played for the last 4 years at least.
  • Inactive_5532Inactive_5532 Posts: 54 Member
    edited December 2021
    DELETED
    Post edited by Inactive_5532 on
    hello there, xoxo
    black lives matter and trans rights!
    i like musicals, video games (duh,) and books. also, some anime! have a great day, you beautiful person! (she/her)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yup. I just completed two SimTown Market events and 2 Live Events with two days left in each event. Haven't spent a single penny on the events.
  • dontknowbabedontknowbabe Posts: 6 New Member
    agree. i remember the first few week after download it in apknite, it was so fun. but as i progress, the game features do not have that many of exciting and cool things to explore, and it's getting boring. one big factor to me is the graphics. sim supposed to be nice and real, but the graphics can not satisfy players and i see many left the game, including my friends. now i log in the gmae every few days just to kill time, not for the excitement of exploring the gmae
  • whoamidude312whoamidude312 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @dontknowbabe said:
    > agree. i remember the first few week after download it in apknite, it was so fun. but as i progress, the game features do not have that many of exciting and cool things to explore, and it's getting boring. one big factor to me is the graphics. sim supposed to be nice and real, but the graphics can not satisfy players and i see many left the game, including my friends. now i log in the gmae every few days just to kill time, not for the excitement of exploring the gmae

yeah, i understand it. i open the game just as a habit. not so interesting anymore. i am forcusing on pc game now
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited March 2019
    Since I bought this new phone, I recently got back into Freeplay after like three years of not playing at all. I was able to recover my old savefile, and I think I've been playing it daily for about two months now?? Kinda lost track.

So I'm still very much at the stage of unlocking stuff. I still find it kinda fun!
    I think the few other newcomers that currently exist would feel the same.

But that may change by the time I've got nothing left to do but events, I dunno, they've always seemed kind of impossible to me anyway? Especially when there's an RNG involved, like with the hobbies. RNG+timer is not a very good combo to me, so I tend to give up on those kinds of events. The simtown market events seem incredibly daunting and I can't really imagine doing that on a regular basis??? With the timer???
    I do want some of the stuff they offer, but man... Grinding is so annoying.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SamibearSamibear Posts: 6 New Member
    So I left The Sims Freeplay for a few reasons (I haven't played ever since like September of '17), all of which have already been stated. Would it be nuts of me to try the Freeplay again? 🤔
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @SimiBear

The Sims free play at its base is a really great game, but I am thinking of quitting myself. I quit once before for 2 months, because since I maxed my levels experience points no longer had an effect on the game. Now game advertising are disrupting the game numerous times a day. Since the started I have quit buying from the store, but my patience is warning thin.
    @nolurk .

I agree with everything you said.
    @your_everyday_simmer for

In that case you need to do some tutorials