Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will there be a mod to add natural disasters to the sims 3 seasons?

The sims 3 seasons was a good game and it had good weather effects but I wonder there will be a mod to add natural disasters to the sims 3 seasons? Natural disasters include tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods.

Comments

• shesclassyshesclassy Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2012
    That'd require some entirely new weather effects so... doubtful unless someone really wants to devote the time to it. EA said it wasn't included because those things weren't "in the spirit of The Sims." Rightfully so, I guess-- I lived in an area of the world that was ravaged by typhoons annually and they're not remotely fun.
  • briansimpsonbriansimpson Posts: 82 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I gotta say I think that would be pretty awesome though! I just had my first meteor; it crushed my front walkway and set fire to the whole lawn and part of my house as well. It was intense and fun to have no control over the incident and to see my Sims running around extinguishing fires and such. I think something like that would rock - sort of force me to be out of any ruts I find myself in while playing. Though rendering a tornado graphics-wise might be a tall task. LOL Still, I think it would rock!
  • crimescenegirlcrimescenegirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I often wondered that myself. It's great that in some things in the sims you can't control, you just work through it like you do with robbery. It should be incorporated in a new expansion pack called Natural Disaster, but you have to have Seasons installed in order for it to work. That is the one thing that is missing. Another thing that needs to be tweeked a little more is the Island Paradise with the sharks you encounter. I also think that when you send your kids off to school, you should be able to see them in school and interact as well. Most jobs should have you do that too. You want to make the Sims world be great where you can have things happen beyond your control and of course your own destiny. Another is adding more places to travel to besides Egypt, China, and France. I have been an avid fan and player of Sims since 2005 I believe. My first purchase was Life Stories. Then I just got involved. What I don't understand is why keep getting a new Sim number instead of just adding it to Sims 3. Why make a Sims 4 and all its expansions and not add them to 3 instead. So now you have to have a computer system that has to accommadate these games. Listen to your fans because we play these games and give you feedback on ideas that should get popular among your fans. But why can't we as adults, not teens, see our sims naked in the shower or bathtub or skinny dipping in jacuzzi? And why is it always Teen rated and not mature? I am over 40 and still play the Sims. Now my 18 yr old daughter plays them.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,281 Member
    @crimescenegirl, As much as it would be nice if EA could add more EP's to TS3, it just isn't possible with the gaming engine that the game has as it can only hold so many EP's. EA was really pushing the limit of the gaming engine with the last couple of EP's. And I believe it's also one of the reasons why they had made patch 1.69 as the patch had given the player the alibility to either play with some of the EP's to all of them depending on what the players computer can handle. Of course the bad thing about the patch is that you need to depend on Origin to start your game with.

And EA probably will never add anything in the game that's going to make it a Mature rating to it as they want to keep to a teen rating in the USA. Granted that the game is rated Mature in other countries depending on what that country's rating system is as it's not the same as the USA rating system.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2017
    Nearly 5 year old thread? Alright.

It's extremely doubtful. Excluding engine limitations, someone would have to dedicate an awful amount of time to getting it to work and, while I enjoy the game, I doubt the game would recieve anyone determined enough to create such a complex mod.
    I often wondered that myself. It's great that in some things in the sims you can't control, you just work through it like you do with robbery. It should be incorporated in a new expansion pack called Natural Disaster, but you have to have Seasons installed in order for it to work. That is the one thing that is missing. Another thing that needs to be tweeked a little more is the Island Paradise with the sharks you encounter. I also think that when you send your kids off to school, you should be able to see them in school and interact as well. Most jobs should have you do that too. You want to make the Sims world be great where you can have things happen beyond your control and of course your own destiny. Another is adding more places to travel to besides Egypt, China, and France. I have been an avid fan and player of Sims since 2005 I believe. My first purchase was Life Stories. Then I just got involved. What I don't understand is why keep getting a new Sim number instead of just adding it to Sims 3. Why make a Sims 4 and all its expansions and not add them to 3 instead. So now you have to have a computer system that has to accommadate these games. Listen to your fans because we play these games and give you feedback on ideas that should get popular among your fans. But why can't we as adults, not teens, see our sims naked in the shower or bathtub or skinny dipping in jacuzzi? And why is it always Teen rated and not mature? I am over 40 and still play the Sims. Now my 18 yr old daughter plays them.

Basically what @lisasc360 said. Though I must add, this wouldn't be the only reason why the Sims 4 was made. Excluding fan requests for the game itself, this is EA we're talking about. The Sims 3 was quite the success, selling over ten million copies worldwide. Of course they'd make a sequel. As a matter of fact, dump the EA part, who wouldn't make a sequel to a series where its latest iteration sold remarkably well if the series wasn't intended to end at the latest iteration?

For your last point, Sims are censored because the game is openly marketed towards teenage girls. Teenage. 13 to 17 year-olds. Just because someone is an adult and enjoys a product doesn't mean that product is specifically marketed towards adults nor were adults intended to enjoy it. That'd be like saying Minecraft should be rated M because there are adults that play the game.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hmmm...so open "child neglect" and social workers fit into a T game and doesn't rate a M-rating but storms earn the Sims 3 a M rating? Somehow that logic isn't clicking.

So basically, a tornado knocks down walls, takes the roof of your house, and pretty much rips a hole in your yard...(in Sims) so you have to do repairs on your house, costing you §§§§§. Yes, it's traumatic, but its a part of life. SInce it's the Sims, it would more than likely not cause fatalities.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2017
    And a mod that unlock earthquakes it'll be stunning addition to get new weather patterns disasters not only to experience them where you're a firefighter.
    But sadly we can only trust on independant modders.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)