Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Mom511Mom511 Posts: 9 New Member
    Are yall going to add a color wheel like in Sims 3.
    Im tired of using the colors you provided me. I want to switch it up once in a while.
  • reginakaiserreginakaiser Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims - Makin' Magic (More supernatural creatures would be great too, all we have right now is vampires :/)
    The Sims 2 - University (College life!)
    The Sims 3 - World Adventure (I'd love to have mummy themed sims so I can make sims that resemble the Mummy movies)

If the Sims 4 could have all of this - I'd forever be happy!!! <3

OH, mermaids too like what they have in the Sims 3! :):):):)
  • Sims4xAnonSims4xAnon Posts: 1 New Member
    Can please bring back the options to,have babies with ghosts and the Grim Reaper? Those added a more creative tone to the storyline in my sims' lives.
  • XKatXrinaXXKatXrinaX Posts: 8 New Member
    So I love the Sims 4, but I played the Sims 3 again recently and one thing that stood out that I missed in the Sims 4 is opportunities like in the Sims 3! Like the work/skill/community ones, I feel like they add fun things to do in the game quite easily and kept me busy while I was playing. I also much preferred how the skills had goals to complete under each one that made it a lot more fun to build skills too! I wonder would it be possible to put those kind of things into the Sims 4 again to add some more things to do that aren't socializing.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    Would liked if the paintings you make on easel provided environment too, like say excellent picture gave 1 environment and masterpieces 2 environment. So they competitive decoration valuable to buy able paintings without making to overly good compared to antique masterpiece paintings, since regular no emotions paintings only really offer sell valuable no real environment bonuses
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited October 2017
    It was said many times in the Forums that the romance in TS4 needs to be improved. I realized that there's in fact one option from TS3 I miss - confess to cheating.
    I also wish there's a simple 'Chat' option.
    Post edited by MissNightOwl on
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I was said many times in the Forums that the romance in TS4 needs to be improved. I realized that there's in fact one option from TS3 I miss - confess to cheating.
    I also wish there's a simple 'Chat' option.

Yep, I'm one of them. I think the animations are much better than they were in the Sims 3, but the Sims 3 had more depth in terms of romance and relationships.
    On the other hand, I really like that we have separated relationship bars for romance and friendship in TS4 :)
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    It would be nice if the doctor at the hospital would do something besides just stand at the analyzer. Like treat patients? And since when do children show up at a hospital without a parent?
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    WillKDavid wrote: »
    It would be nice if the doctor at the hospital would do something besides just stand at the analyzer. Like treat patients? And since when do children show up at a hospital without a parent?

Doctors at the analyzer and stupid nurses just standing around doing nothing while you do all the other work, that needs to be fixed pronto. Its just your Sim who does the work, the NPCs stand around doing nothing, even the receptionist is somewhat useless, but at least she doesn't stand around and do nothing like the nurse NPC.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
    Oh, I know. I wish that a filter by pack in CAS would stay when going between different categories. It's a little tedious when you want e.g. check a new content and you have to tick the new pack separately for tops, bottoms etc.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I would love to see more stuff for birthday parties and wedding parties

Also there's a huge lack of solid garden content I miss my TS2 sprinklers and ladybug houses
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • ninjaconorninjaconor Posts: 105 Member
    I'm sure it's been said a million times before, but the neighbourhoods need to be opened up. There are millions of brilliant community lots available in the gallery, but I find I never use them, because when one Sim is off visiting the gym, their family are just sitting around in Sim-limbo, out of my control.

I know a full open world like in TS3 would probably be impossible in the Sims 4 engine, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to load up the 5-or-6 lots in an individual neighbourhood and keep them open. Or, failing that, keep all the lots that your Sims are visiting active in memory so we can switch between them without loading screens.
    I agree with what @ninjaconor said, they need to open up the neighbourhoods a bit more, so if visiting a neighbour within the same neighbourhood, we don't have to face a loading screen, unless going to another world or neighbourhood.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Marryrose232Marryrose232 Posts: 2 New Member
    Body hair catergory
    Random Trait generator
    More trait slots
    Turn ons/offs
    Favorites and Astrological signs
    Way to set relationship as Boy/Girlfirend or fiancee
    More variety of natural hair colors
    All Hair colors available for children
    Eyelashes and length slider
    Interests
    Opacity sliders for makeup
    Option to assign initial skill levels for sims
    Way to select poses for gallery icons instead of having poses randomly assigned
    Lots bigger than 50x50
    Larger neighborhoods (more than 5 lots)
    No Population Cap and more control of Population size
    Way to split funds when merging/splitting households
    More venue types (grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants, cemetery, arcade, coffee shops, town hall)
    Reactions to events (cheating/death/divorce)
    Military career
    Political career
    Allow babies to be removed from bassinets
    Option to change last name after marriage
    Option to change babies' clothes
    More interactions with babies (like bathing them)
    Nervous=>Scared=>Frightened emotion
    Compound emotions (angry & focused, angry & playful)
    Carpools & buses
    Way to reorder actions that have already been queued
    Way to influence other sims
    Option to homeschool children
    Clothing racks that function the way dressers do
    Fully adjustable lifespans
    Pre-teen lifestage
    Story Progression
    Remove load screens between lots (if possible)
    Increase 20 sim load limit
    Create-a-world (if possible)
    Recolor tool (even if external program)
    Sims reading skill books not increasing skill
    Revert Never Weary trait
    Children's skills negated when they become teens... why?
    Children/Teen leave homework all over the house.
    Would like family trees and memories back!!!
    Faster eating/drinking.
    Can break bones/get hurt
    Skill books actually improving the skill
  • mchkicamchkica Posts: 8 New Member
    1. TRAITS in TS4 are nicely done, however I desperately miss SHY, COWARD, INAPPROPRIATE, EASILY IMPRESSED, SCHMOOZER... from TS3.
    It would be really cool to have those traits in TS4.

2. BETTER ASPIRATIONS:
    There is no matching aspiration for several careers, and there is 3-4 aspirations for collectors...
    so if I choose a career with non-matching aspiration I have to fulfill 2 aspects of life, which is impossible unless I cheat.
    I didn't have this issue playing TS3...
    Maybe the fact that takes ages to get a promotion has it's impact, taking all the focus off the aspiration.

3. CUSTOM LIFESPAN: It would be cool to have a custom lifespan like in TS3.
    It takes ages for babies/todlers/children to grow up and adults become elders after max 4 promotions, and their children are still teens.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2017
    I wish a lot of things, but I want to be realistic, I want things that we can have in update :

- Outfits category for teenagers & elders.
    - Relax & read on the bed, relax on the couch
    - Caught insects from Granit Falls in every worlds (we'll need Outdoor Retreat of course)
    - Woohoo in shower-baignoir
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    fix babies
    make teens a little more teenish
    arcades, amusement parks and carnivals
    multiple/single piercings

bolded is the ones i want the most
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • marcmmmarcmm Posts: 6 New Member
    After watching the create a pet stream, and the fact you can paint all sorts of patterns onto a cat or a dog, why not then on clothes or furniture?

In short why can't we have create a style?
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    The obvious for me is probably the most for everyone: change babies into a real life stage and remove them as an object, useless as they were in the previous games, you could take them out of the crib and move around, sit down, feed them from the fridge and just bobble around like a real parent would. That is one of my important changes that needs to happen. Excuse my grammar it’s been a long day.

The next would be the child life stage, bring back toy ovens with the option to bake a small cake, bring back the lemonade stand and the school bus in general. Improve their abilities to gain skills and introduce more ways for everyone to bond as a family. Maybe they can bake with dad and play sports with mum, dress up the dog and annoy the cat, ruin nice clothes, break something like a vase and become overly hyperactive after eating desert.

For me it’s the small things that will add more life to the game and save it from the greed putting the sims 4 at the bottom of the barrel.

Cars are a big thing, similar to ambitions, let teens learn to drive, pass their tests and have them it possible to see neighbours and such drive around your area, carpools, trips out, cars and taxis and buses, maybe a coach if you plan on visiting another world altogether.

Swimming, unlock the fishing areas so sims can swim wherever they please as in the sims 3.

I won’t say open world, but open up the neighborhoods. Make the loading screens happen in different neighborhoods, unlock the one you live in so a trip to Nancy’s doesn’t take five minutes because your computers a little slow.

Give aliens more interstellar personality, new traits, skins, clothes and design choices, give them ships as cars like in sims 3, give them more options with their suits, more eye options, vocals, maybe even introduce a few with no idea of human sim language, have them come to earth with no idea and need language skills, it’ll be a task but give players more story protential. If a sim has an alien baby they can find them levitating randomly for run, this ability can be unlocked for all ages or just a thing toddlers do when they’re bored.
    Make disguises for aliens harder to see through, and when they are seen through, give more intricate hints like maybe the eyes flicker or their vocals stutter from sim to alien, instead of a glow or handshake, they can faulter one way or another.
    When it comes to alien worlds, give them players the option to live there, or perhaps visit the alien children they send back after birth, let them know goodbye is not forever.
    Introduce more alien foods, some deathly to regular sims, some giving random perks like increased skill or health or a cure for illness.

Give sims the ability to slam doors in a rage, it’s minor and stupid but I’d love to see my teens storm off and slam their door in a huff, same with an adult sim. Give them options to scream into pillows or hit the wall, break something or tear books with actual animations.

More food options, bakery related as talked about by the users above and beyond, gourmet and such.

Improve businesses and restaurants, take us back to sims 2 where you could run it from your home, or could be staff instead of head chef or be forced to run the show straight from the jump. More options on what to sell and pricing options, better staff systems and maybe even the ability to sell puppies and kittens, become a breeder or run a pet store.
    Sell cars, real estate, furniture, flowers, have a veggie stall, endless options for us to use.

Personality when it comes to the sim population limit, up it, keep it but up it. Maybe have it as a slider that can be turned off, or can be set to around 270, better to have options than a this or this situation as we’ve come to know with the sims 4.

More ways to die, more ways to mourn and funerals, not as realistic as real life but you get to visit a church and say goodbye and them put their stone in the graveyard or keep it.
    Let ghosts have the option to have families after death, I was never a fan of ghost babies but hey it’d be fun to see in sim stories and plenty simmers want them back.

More dirty little secrets with premades. Bring back memories and story boards, story progression in itself where I don’t have to go to so and sos and match him with Bella acorn or jessy perkerwitz, let him or her or them choose on their own even if we don’t like who they end up with and inevitably change or kill them off. Again, optional.

I have plenty more but for now this will do.
  • marcmmmarcmm Posts: 6 New Member
    The occasional free stuff pack, just to say thanks to all the people that have bought stuff packs, who have bought game packs, who have bought expansion packs over the last 17 years. We are up to the 21st content pack for this iteration. Maybe a more full featured Sims 5 would be a better request at this point.
    marcmm wrote: »
    The occasional free stuff pack, just to say thanks to all the people that have bought stuff packs, who have bought game packs, who have bought expansion packs over the last 17 years. We are up to the 21st content pack for this iteration. Maybe a more full featured Sims 5 would be a better request at this point.

I haven't bought all the stuff packs, but slowly buying them. Only Stuff Pack I'm passing on is the Fitness Stuff Pack, still considering if it's worth getting or not.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    Bring back Celebrity fame and status level, I enjoyed that aspect in Sims 3, now I'd like to see if appear in Sims 4 with some new aspirations and traits, I know there is a mod for this, but I don't like using mods all that much, please add celeb fame and status soon! Would be fun to mind control the paparazzi with the SimRay or just freeze them for the fun of it. >:)
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    I know it has been suggested before but definitely octagonal and conical roofs :) It would also be cool to have more roof ornaments and items as well as more stuff to put on walls on the outside of the house. I like to model builds after very old and grand mansions and what not and it is hard to mimic their ornate outdoor architecture but would be cool to be able to haha :)
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Oh and no idea if this feasible but it would create a lot of design options if we could delete the actual roof but keep the individual walls (like the triangular walls created by a gable roof) so as to have some cool pointed walls to place at the roof sections. A lot of the old buildings I see often have such a pointed wall in front of and taller than the actual gable roof, like the Drachenburg Castle. Without the CFE options, it is hard to do something like that now.
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg