Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would like a home improvement pack

new windows, doors, archways , new colors for walls and floors, new stairs types, and roof types .

Comments

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    roof types i know are coming soon but i don't know when one of the gurus leaked the roof types
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    new windows, doors, archways , new colors for walls and floors, new stairs types, and roof types .

I would LOVE that especially stairs, I want split level (L shaped) stairs and spirals.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    When you said home improvement I had visions of a new job in the carpentry career with new interactions like, make home improvements or some such. That'd be cool I think. That said, I can't wait for some new build stuff :) maybe new build mode tools too!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Home Improvement pack is such a cool idea. They could also add furnishings and I picture it kind of like The Sims Livin' Large expansion pack.

@duhboy2u2 - I love the idea of a carpentry career! I think an architecture career would also be a great add to a home improvement pack.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Ooh I'd love an architecture based career.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    spirals stairs would be real cool and l shape stairs
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We get most of those things already in EP's when they are released. And if you want to change the wallpaper in your sims house, you can. I don't see what a HOME IMPROVEMENT pack would add that we don't already have or can do.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i totaly agree 300% with this idea
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    From what we've learnt with the community pack, @SimGuruGraham has contracts with third parties to produce around that same specified amount of BB objects and CAS items for each pack, so maybe he could realocate budget of CAS entirely for the BB in a pack like this or, if it's mandatory have the two kinds of items in production, plan to make at the same time a fashion SP and a building one :mrgreen:

Lol Speculating is fun.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    An Architect active career like in TS3 would be cool as gameplay in such a Game Pack! :)

I loved renovating my neighbors houses and earn money by it
    It was also cool that there was a certain budget limit you had for renovation, so it sometimes was tough!
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I would love this. I would like a few complete sets of windows, doors, archways, etc. To be added in the game.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    I agree with all of this, but what would really sell me is if objects broke down or decayed over time, like doors falling off the hinges, floors boards getting busted, termites in the walls, etc. It would really add more stuff for the Handiness skill plus give rich Sims more things to do with their money, especially on legacy lots. Maybe even make it so dusts and dirt collect on lots so there can be more chores and stuff for maids and/or butlers to clean. Tweak the Filthy/Grunge lot Traits a bit too. Sims with high Handiness can make things that can slow down or completely stop the house falling down.

And while we're at it, add stuff for lawn care. Maybe gophers mess up the grass or dogs/cats dig up the lawn, weeds returning, maybe even add mowing. There's a lot you can add gameplay wise for a home improvement GP.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »

Circular staircases as they should take less of a footprint for those smaller houses or apartments
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    We got new roof types . Thank you sims team