Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons hint in Create A Pet

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
ppXKA2D.jpg
Well why would they include motives of leaves, rain drops and even a thunderstorm as a pattern option? :)
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Those are just symbols for you to add to your pet. There's also a Saturn symbol, does that mean we're getting a Space Exploration Pack? There's also some fish symbols, does that mean we're getting a deep sea adventure pack?

I'm sure we'll get Seasons, probably next year because it usually follows Pets, so we don't need hints.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Those are just symbols for you to add to your pet. There's also a Saturn symbol, does that mean we're getting a Space Exploration Pack? There's also some fish symbols, does that mean we're getting a deep sea adventure pack?

I'm sure we'll get Seasons, probably next year because it usually follows Pets, so we don't need hints.

Yes but why did they choose to add weather symbols? :) They could've chosen anything from sausages to coffee cups
    a256aFi.gif
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    They're just symbols for pets. There's already been data found that hints at Seasons and since it went the same way with Pets and Vampires, it's not too unreasonable to assume Seasons are the next EP.

I think you're reaching.
    The expensive DJ machine flashes a puppy face. Was that a hint or just a puppies face? IMO, just a puppies face.
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    While I think Seasons may be the next EP down the line (maybe), this seems like it's reaching as far as hints go.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes this is very obviously a hint. I'm not sure why anyone would try to deny that? There were pretty clear Pets hints in City Living, too. So I would guess it's just to let us know that Seasons is the next EP which I would be more excited about but it's way too far away and I just don't have any cares left in me.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They also added jellyfish, moon, planets and other stuff. It may be a hint, but we already know that seasons is probably coming out next year. I wouldn’t read that much into it. They added a bunch of random stuff.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited October 2017
    There were already hints about dogs and cats. Many reported hearing meows and barks in the distance. I can't remember which objects but one describes having a toddler riding a dog or something?! They definitely sneak in little hints of future content whether they admit to it or not. :) If I'm being honest I wish it was Seasons next instead of Cats and Dogs. However, I am very excited at how customizable the animals are this time around and glad that we can't control them because I realized that is what made Sims 3 pets so darn boring!!!
  • ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Interesting! I honestly never believed when people thought these things could be hiints, but they almost always were true so I'm a fan of speculating now, too! The new outfits that come with C&D also look very seasonal to me (lots of coats and sweaters)...
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    What I noticed is that big color wheel at the top, with color blocks just below. Is that only for the pets, or will it also be in CAS so we can finally get creative with Sim's outfits, as in TS3. A lot of folks have been wanting that wheel for a long time now, me included. Is it finally coming?
    What I noticed is that big color wheel at the top, with color blocks just below. Is that only for the pets, or will it also be in CAS so we can finally get creative with Sim's outfits, as in TS3. A lot of folks have been wanting that wheel for a long time now, me included. Is it finally coming?

It is only for pets. They said there were no plans to implement it for the Sims CAS. So that's unfortunate, though I can't be surprised anymore.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Seasons!? Why has no one picked up that little symbol on the right next to the last red box? It's a ball of yarn! And not because kitties like playing with it, because we're obviously getting a knitting skill! It will come in Seasons, and we'll be able to knit jumpers and scarves and mittens which we'll do in Autumn to get ready for Winter. In Summer we'll be able to go crab trawling - cause of that pic of the crab - and get stung by jelly fish, which is there too. While cleaning up our dog droppings, we'll be able to teach our parrot to talk and get a thistle from that cactus with a face, all while thinking about when it's next going to rain, and hoping we don't get struck by lightning when it does. I can't wait!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Seasons!? Why has no one picked up that little symbol on the right next to the last red box? It's a ball of yarn! And not because kitties like playing with it, because we're obviously getting a knitting skill! It will come in Seasons, and we'll be able to knit jumpers and scarves and mittens which we'll do in Autumn to get ready for Winter. In Summer we'll be able to go crab trawling - cause of that pic of the crab - and get stung by jelly fish, which is there too. While cleaning up our dog droppings, we'll be able to teach our parrot to talk and get a thistle from that cactus with a face, all while thinking about when it's next going to rain, and hoping we don't get struck by lightning when it does. I can't wait!

Are you being sarcastic?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I see a Bird! I want the Freezer Bunny pet, too. =D
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Are you being sarcastic?

I hope not, because knitting would be awesome :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    They're just symbols for pets. There's already been data found that hints at Seasons and since it went the same way with Pets and Vampires, it's not too unreasonable to assume Seasons are the next EP.

I think you're reaching.
    I don't know, I don't consider that a reach. I can think back on all the previous Sims games and see in retrospect that they dropped tiny little hints about upcoming EPs within the game. I think the OP might be onto something...
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2017
    Seasons!? Why has no one picked up that little symbol on the right next to the last red box? It's a ball of yarn! And not because kitties like playing with it because we're obviously getting a knitting skill! It will come in Seasons, and we'll be able to knit jumpers and scarves and mittens which we'll do in Autumn to get ready for Winter. In Summer we'll be able to go crab trawling - cause of that pic of the crab - and get stung by jellyfish, which is there too. While cleaning up our dog droppings, we'll be able to teach our parrot to talk and get a thistle from that cactus with a face, all while thinking about when it's next going to rain, and hoping we don't get struck by lightning when it does. I can't wait!

You forgot to add that we can also bring our pet freezer bunny with us on our Summer vacation on Saturn.
    Yes, I am pretty sure she is being very sarcastic.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    ppXKA2D.jpg
    Well why would they include motives of leaves, rain drops and even a thunderstorm as a pattern option? :)

There is also poop, does that mean the next pack will be poop and suck? Why else would they put poop if not a subliminal message of what the next pack quality will be?

Seriously, sometimes I think people read too deep into things, it's just patterns, for people that want to make pets that look like carebears mixed with ponies.
    gCQKjq4.png
    I don't know why there is so much speculation about a pack that normally follows the Pets pack.

If you see a drop of water and want it to be a hint for a seasons pack, then go for it. But that drop could be a water drop from a leaky facet which could indicate a plumbing pack.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I will wait for someone to find code in the game files first before i get hyped.
  • JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Those are just symbols for you to add to your pet. There's also a Saturn symbol, does that mean we're getting a Space Exploration Pack?

We can already travel to an alien world in Get To Work.
    I don't understand the animosity towards calling this a hint. No, not everything is a hint. But some things are. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that they have hinted at future GPs and EPs. And unless you are omniscient or work for EA, no one here can say they already knew Seasons would be the next EP. That was never a guarantee. It's maybe a good guess, but it wasn't (and isn't) by any means confirmed. The inclusion of these decals, not to mention a few other clues in the game, reveal that Seasons has a good possibility of being next.
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I don't understand the animosity towards calling this a hint. No, not everything is a hint. But some things are. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that they have hinted at future GPs and EPs. And unless you are omniscient or work for EA, no one here can say they already knew Seasons would be the next EP. That was never a guarantee. It's maybe a good guess, but it wasn't (and isn't) by any means confirmed. The inclusion of these decals, not to mention a few other clues in the game, reveal that Seasons has a good possibility of being next.

No, some things aren't a hint. They have stated several times that they don't hint.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2017

No, some things aren't a hint. They have stated several times that they don't hint.

If that's true, then that pretty much shuts down this whole discussion.
    Haids5987 wrote: »

I think you're reaching.
    I don't know, I don't consider that a reach. I can think back on all the previous Sims games and see in retrospect that they dropped tiny little hints about upcoming EPs within the game. I think the OP might be onto something...

How? The Sims is a game very loosely based in reality. It's more or less a real life simulator. Whether or not it was intentional, there's going to be things that look like they're going to be in a pack due to previous iterations, but that doesn't mean it's a hint. If a child Sim gets a shirt with robots on it, that doesn't mean we could be getting a pack about robots. It could be added simply because you expect RL kids to like robots.

If you took real life as a whole and then took away aspects for it, say weather, there's still going to be things that are like weather. Like turning a hose on a spray nozzle and aiming it up at the air.

We see cars all around the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean we could be getting them. I would take seeing a DLC related to vehicles on a survey and a Guru asking us for ideas on vehicle gameplay than the in-game models themselves as a clue. They're obviously there to add to the enviroment, not be a hint to something.

If we took everything we see in the game as a hint to something, it only raises expectations and could end up with more disappointed people.

Take City Living. It was released November 1st of 2016 while Newcrest was released June 11th of 2015. At the moment, now it could seem that Newcrest was a reference to City Living with the high-rises in the background, but before City Living came out, I doubt you could honestly say then that it really was a hint.

For this case, I agree with @MissCherie, it strikes me as designs they'd give to Simmers that want to do a recreation of cartoon animals. For example, take Disney's Bolt.

And just in case there's room for misinterpretation I'm not against speculating for Seasons. I'm not against speculation as a whole, actually. I want the EP as well. In the Sims 3, I had Seasons on full blast, all settings turned up high, all weathers activated. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just think it's a bit puerile to look at CAS items, kids toys, decorations, etc as clues.

Edited for spellcheck.

They have denied things are hints before but they turned out to just be stringing people along. And in the recent interview with Simguru Drake she admitted that nothing they do is subtle because the community picks up on the hints right away. They do hint. They have to deny they are hints because they can't reveal any info before the appointed time. Do we expect them to actually say "yep you guys, that's a hint about pets!" Obviously they can't say that. That's why they said silly things like how the toddler render didn't mean toddlers were coming. If you really believe them every time they deny a hint... okay then. Nothing I say will convince you.