Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Yes I think that you mentioned that before. I have fond memories of checking that site out years ago :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Of course, they say that you have to be very careful though what you download there. Not everything will work and some can potentially cark up your game. I thought I downloaded all Sims 3, but when I went through with Delphy's Dashboard, I found several Sims 2 packages that were causing the major slowdowns in my game to the point where it was taking over 45 minutes to load my game. Luckily with Delphy's, I've got the Sims 2 packages removed from the game and my load times are down to about 10 minutes at most bc, I'm running this off a HDD.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Lookie what finally arrived in the mail!! A sealed copy, so the code should work just fine and dandy. I have a bunch of EPs from my son's girlfriend for 2 so I'll probably check it all out this weekend.

23771551068_4f83211e12_c.jpg
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I have not heard of TS2 files finding their way into TS3 before unless they got put their accidently. It has been a long time since I have downloaded CC though and the most recent that I have is a hairstyle but I cannot even remember where that is from lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Charlottesmom I love the way you amend your rules. If I even make a rule....I amend them all the time too. :) Totally hot old lady with Vlad! I love the snuggling too. My heart just melts when I see them do that.
    Oh, wow the dejection from the refused flowers! She wants Killian. :love:
    I enjoyed the update and the extras. Poor Shane musta got probed!
    Thanks for the comments on my update. I think I am a hopeless romantic, because now I want to find someone to fix Joseph up with even though I don't play townies. Not enough teens in MH, so maybe I can import Betty for him? What do you think about that? Autumn is scared, and putting it off, but, I'm gonna make her go search.
    Congrats on the Sims2 disk. Hope you enjoy it. I dl'd it and liked it, but, the load screens and time issues drove me nuts. Spoiled by sims 3. :)

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks, do you like the story?

@Nikkei_Simmer I thought the title of your update was cute. Females can be dense too. I'm like why did Liandra even bother telling Tosh about Meg if she didn't think he should talk to her. Head bang moment. Love the snuggle shot!!

@CravenLestat Thank you! :)

@Mikezumi I don't think traits make a difference. One of my little ghost boys in the Annabelle story loved sleeping in the treehouse. :)
  • Options
    It was more than likely USER error on my part, downloading something from MTS or TSR that was Sims2 rather than Sims 3... Y'know, the ol' Ooooh...this looks pretty...I'm going to get it. :D...uh...whoops...why's my computer so slow now? D'OH!!!!! ~Homer Simpson Facepalm~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1923

@Nikkei_Simmer Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Although I do have a lot of well muscled males in my saves the truth is I barely look at more than their faces. I am all about the facial expressions and the genetics of the children. You might have noticed that although my boys come to breakfast in their sleepwear, they are generally dressed during the day. They do it themselves. They nearly always spin into their everyday clothes when leaving a room after woohoo. My SS prefers to stay in her sleepwear after woohoo but at least her sleepwear is not revealing.
    Jensen is breaking space rocks on his own. The grown ups are barely directed in this save.
    Risky is on and I am waiting for another pregnancy but nothing is happening so far. The first pregnancy took quite a few woohoos before it happened.
    I pause as soon as the kids age up and then take them into CAS. The sparkles remain.

@Charlottesmom My husband rarely complimented my cooking but he rarely complained unless I fed him pasta. He would jokingly say "improvement needed" if I asked him how the meal was but I suspect he said that to rile me and I am easily riled ;)
    R on the other hand is a little snot and very critical of my cooking! I do suspect it is not my cooking he is complaining about, though, but my choice of food. He will eat any vegetable I put on his plate but doesn't like it LOL
    Hubby was very critical of his mother's cooking but I think there were underlying issues there because he never liked his mother from what I could tell.
    Poor Becky! If you had mods you could keep her in town and stop her doing anything you don't want ;)
    My elder SS has the rack slider up high but her rack doesn't look as impressive as my young SS. I always thought the rack slider didn't work on elders.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Still no pregnancy although lots of woohoo is happening and risky is still on. Maybe when I play today :)

@CravenLestat Hysterically funny headline :D

@Nikkei_Simmer Good to see you showing some pics just for the boys :)

@Namaya92 Your Robinson Challenge looks like a lot of fun!

@Nikkei_Simmer Teen love <3
    I have never tried pranking the school - I always cancel those wishes.
    Congrats on not getting caught, Haruo!
    Nice Susan makeover!
    Fun day for Haruo and River :)

• Options
    @bekkasan Yes it is a nice start to the story are you working on more of it? :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I thought the title of your update was cute. Females can be dense too. I'm like why did Liandra even bother telling Tosh about Meg if she didn't think he should talk to her. Head bang moment. Love the snuggle shot!!

I think she was trying to "enlighten him on the error of his ways..." Unfortunately...Tosh has about the cranial density of a thick hunk of granite. And that's mostly because he's thinking with the other brain.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    This is too much! I feel like I have been at it forever already! I will do the next two pages (plus any more that happen while I play) later.
  • Options
    @CravenLestat This will take more than a pot of coffee. Maybe leave the coffee out of that "pot" and it might work better ;)
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I hope that you enjoy TS2 Double Deluxe. Have you ever played TS2 before?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Although I do have a lot of well muscled males in my saves the truth is I barely look at more than their faces. I am all about the facial expressions and the genetics of the children. You might have noticed that although my boys come to breakfast in their sleepwear, they are generally dressed during the day. They do it themselves. They nearly always spin into their everyday clothes when leaving a room after woohoo. My SS prefers to stay in her sleepwear after woohoo but at least her sleepwear is not revealing.
    Jensen is breaking space rocks on his own. The grown ups are barely directed in this save.
    Risky is on and I am waiting for another pregnancy but nothing is happening so far. The first pregnancy took quite a few woohoos before it happened.
    I pause as soon as the kids age up and then take them into CAS. The sparkles remain.
    Good to see you showing some pics just for the boys :)
    Teen love <3
    I have never tried pranking the school - I always cancel those wishes.
    Congrats on not getting caught, Haruo!
    Nice Susan makeover!
    Fun day for Haruo and River :)

I think I'm getting better at keeping up when I set a specific time to comment. And I have to figure out the balance between commenting and playing my game so that I can put up more "content." :D

100%...I agree. I just tease you because of all the "well-muscled men" in your stories, but I love the facial expressions - especially Sam and Dean are exceedingly expressive in their facial expressions. I tend to focus on the facial expressions as well, especially Kimber, because her face is so expressive and you can tell that she's 100% in love with Tosh, where as you can tell that Tosh is confused half the time, so I tend to focus in on his face because he's got a confused expression on his face when he can't figure out what's going on. Sims 3 faces are so expressive that one doesn't need to see over-exaggeration of emotion to get the point across. That's how come I'll never get Sims 4. It's just too campy and ridiculous for my liking. I focused on Meg's face right after the "conversation between Kimber and Tosh" and I had no idea that Meg would be making that face in the bathroom upstairs, the half-lidded "I'm absolutely miserable" face and I swear, that just struck me that you could almost think that Sims have actual feelings, that what we do...has a real effect on their reactions.

I don't know if it's the combination of traits or what, but my Sims...they're content to stay in their gonch or sleepwear all day. I have no idea as to why? :D Well my wife says...that "if I'm not going out anywhere...I'm going to stay in what's comfortable. :D) And I don't know...for the way I figure, this JAG family is like a great big family...it doesn't matter to them what the other person is dressed in. Sure they want to pair off, but well...if it happens it happens. If not, I wasn't going to force it...but it just so happened that Kimber outright flirted with Tosh in the home gym bathroom. And I'm sitting here going "What the..."

I figured the boys needed some enjoyment of some eye-candy, I know Craven was mumbling something about that a few months ago. :D

I'm surprised Haruo didn't get caught. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Annd to end the day of sims, feedback time:

page 1918

@Silverofdreams30 that's also a good way to go, switching between males and females. I usually prefer females though since I can do more with their looks because of makeup and such :).
    Lovely update, congrats on the engagement between Rose and Mahmoud. We need more babies! Liam and Kiara look great as kids.

@nikkei_simmer Great update. Tosh and Kimber are quite the couple :). I expect babies soon since I saw that crib!

page 1919

@King_of_simcity7 nice to see a story update from you again! Always with the love trouble... all the women go through such hard times in your stories, it's actually 'refreshing' to see a man heartbroken even though it's sad as well xP.

@Mikezumi Ahh I see. Not even stuff like self-employed gardening or painting? Thanks for your comments!
    The commitment issues trait can be a difficult one when u leave the sims up to autonomy since it can cause a lot of trouble.
    Lol I love that pic of Sam staring at Gryph XD.

@Charlottesmom That is one héll of a party! xD Everyone sure loves Billie haha.

@LunBeauty ok good to know! It almost seemed like your babies were a complete overhaul of the burrito ones. My teens always get prom queen/king as well, but when you have multiple teens it's always fun to see which one of them gets it.
    Lol, my households are never bigger than 8 sims since I can already hardly handle that many and I always get the feeling some get neglected in my stories when I have so many characters. I might need more spots in Descendants of the Sun though, since there will be some sims in the dungeon, and 5 babies to add with that. I wouldn't have to take care of the ones in the dungeons though so that's a win XD.
    Lol at Haku and Cheri wanting another kid XD. In my Avesnes household, Billy rolled the wish to want 10 kids after the triplets were born. I was like: NOPE. Too bad the butler wasn't doing a very good job. I can recommend a plumbot ;).
    All the toddlers in your household are very cute! I don't blame the parents for lining up to take care of them or the infants ;).
    Lol at Persephone using her own kid to test a pill XD.

page 1920

@Mikezumi Aww Gryph, such a good kid taking care of dinner :P.

@Nikkei_Simmer I definitely feel for River and Haruo about the whole homework part. I still need to read a 60 page chapter for a lecture tomorrow afternoon ugh... what is sleep? Mayumi is quite possessive, isn't she? :P. LOL at Yasunobu's face here:
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Ohhh a fight!! Those two really hate each other :o.

@emorrill thank you for your lovely compliment!! <3 That song is amazing I love that scene it made a great impression on me when I was young and watched the movie. I want to watch it again now... but it's past midnight lol.

@Polrbear Thank you for all your comments on my stories! I do apologize in advance Aiko's life is going to get a lot worse before it might get any better XD. I hope you'll enjoy Justine's history that I posted here today :).
    Aww Harper is so cute playing with his blocks. TS3 toddlers really are the best. Lol I love the scene between Bonehild and the repairwoman :'D.

page 1921

@king_of_simcity7 Lovely pics of Roaring Heights!

@Coco no problem that you missed out on the voting! Luckily plenty of people voted I'm surprised to hear some readers didn't vote actually, I never expected to have this many :). Thank you for all your comments ^^.
    Your game looks amazing with the dynamic shadows!

@Mikezumi aww I'm sad to see cute toddler Lycan age up but also excited to see what he'll look like in the future! As a child he looks pretty cool already. Sam and Dean's genes mix well with your SS's! Will we get more babies? Your sims do like to woohoo a lot!

@Nikkei_Simmer well you managed to capture that uncomfy feeling pretty well with that close-up so well done ^^. Thank you for your vote as well. I am glad we live in an age without nobility as well, though if you look at society closely there are still social classes with differences. Highly educated people tend to marry other highly educated people, they earn more money later and are able to send their own children to university, etc. It's kind of like monetary nobility! Especially in countries like the US where the college tuitions are insane. But even in the Netherlands with cheap universities, children from low educated parents tend to go to university less because their parents tend to provide them with less means to be able to get good grades and such.
    Lol, I missed woohooing with Grim Reaper as well XD They should've let that in the game imo.

page 1922

@Bekkasan sorry for the cliffhangers but I didn't want the chapters to get too long considering I post them on tumblr haha. Luckily you didn't have to wait very long ;).

@Nikkei_simmer lovely relationship chart lol. I'm not confused yet, but that's because I'm used to having very complicated family trees xP.
    Thanks for all your comments once again ^^.

@king_of_simcity7 the French and German monarchies are gone, but there are still a lot of them in Europe: Spain, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Norway, Monaco, and Lxuembourg all still have monarchies :).
    Nice update on your story. Jamie needs to step up his game and stop watching his girl get swiped away in silence. Nice photoshop as well! Lovely close-up pics of Ziggy <3.

@emorrill I'm glad you like Justine's history! I had a vague idea in my head for a while already, but when I started writing it just formed itself and all came out in one go haha. It's how my writing brain works, as if it's a subconscious really. It's why I don't get writers who plan out every chapter of their story before they write it :p. The quote in your signature is very true. Unfortunately, it wasn't just a teenage infatuation but Justine got trapped into a royal political plot!
    Great pics of naked Sam haha!

@Silverofdreams30 Beautiful pics of the engagement on the beach. Mahmouds hair colours nicely with the sand ;).

@Charlottesmom You'd think Justine would do that, but unfortunately she never knew a different life than one of nobility and social climbing. She was raised to be a princess and a queen, she could never be happy among commoners because it would differ too much from her way of life.

I have to stop here because it's 1am, will continue tomorrow.

• Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    I got my sim to the 8th career point in her journalistic job, over the past few days ive got her a full degree in communications, decorated her house, been to uni got a boyfriend at uni - i text broke up with him LOL and then got a bf in monte vista, they seem to be doing well just need to work out how to move him in. :D
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options
    @Namaya92 Thanks for the comments :smile: I am glad that you noticed that the guys get trampled on as well as the girls as that is also reality
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Anyway just had a quick mess around in Photoshop again with some recent pictures: :smile:

22339585_10154948512126497_7439370060067178820_o.jpg?oh=37c48d161e1f9f724793cb7303dd75d8&oe=5A6EFD54

22291185_10154948512106497_46996426719184669_o.jpg?oh=b7099b08904c4be8274a0acb837d9376&oe=5A456FD3

22291328_10154948512121497_3714784982802007229_o.jpg?oh=ecb60d11d5502b47e13124c0e26c4bb7&oe=5A8317EA
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer The relationship flowchart is confusing to say the least. There's got to be a lot of tension in that household!
    Sturgis is smart! LOL

Well, you know what they say... Men, including myself, tend to think with the head that is incapable of cognitive processes. A women says "Come hither" and we turn into brainless zombies.

I think Sturgis is the smart one... and I agree with you. Given the same situation, I'd probably take the same tack as Sturgis and sit and watch the fireworks.

Before @Charlottesmom started her free for all save I was thinking of putting my elder SS into a household of sims that would be on total autonomy - I mean all the way in that I would make them inactive with MC and just have my SS sit back and watch. I might still do that but not until she has finished because I don't like to step on toes.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Charlottesmom I hope that you enjoy TS2 Double Deluxe. Have you ever played TS2 before?

@king_of_simcity7 , Nope, never played 2 before..I was even late to the party for Sims 3, just started playing 2 years 10 months ago (3 years in December). Did you play 2, scratch that I know you did, did you like it?
  • Options
    baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    @bekkasan It was great. If I ever get more into throwing parties, I'm sure that I'll throw more. :) Oh yeah, I think the relics and gems more than cover the cost of traveling. Especially with the photos in addition.

@Mikezumi I see, that makes sense. :) I'm planning to do the free will legacy challenge after this, so I'll probably keep posting this save here and then that family I'll start a thread in there for. But before I start doing challenges, I want to know all about what the game has to offer, so that's why I'm trying to experience all of the sim things I haven't tried yet. The mummy curse was a little scary, but you have 2 weeks to cure it and it'll be cured instantly by kissing a King Cobra. I definitely researched up on it before letting anyone get cursed! How did you learn to stop micro-managing?

More adventures in Egypt today. Batgirl dropped the adventure she had been stuck on and started a new one, so they're back in business so to speak. She's super close to completing the "photograph 60 strangers" challenge too, so when they go to China I'm sure she'll be able to finish it! It's her last photography challenge left, although she's definitely going to get all the photos. (Or all the photos that will actually work. There are definitely some that she "hasn't gotten" that she's definitely actually gotten but it wouldn't register as such. But I know that's common. Once those are all I have left, I'll make a thread and see if anyone's got tips.)
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I played TS2 when it came out in 2004. It was a great game back then and only TS3 could beat it with the Open World :smile:

It is worth a try though and you should have fun with it. The main aim is to try and ruin Pleasant View as much as possible :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    One last one of Kimber (for the guys) ~innocent expression~ ~whistles a happy tune~
    Screenshot-93_censored.jpg

OK...that's it. Shhhhhh! :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited October 2017
    @polrbear , Hope your kitty didn't freak you out too much playing with the baby toy!
    **I was running low on boys names and dug up a list on the internet Chase stuck out as one of my favorites, I too love that name. :heart:
    **Awwww! Rylee and Harper too cute!
    **Eddie's painting with the black bird...nice!
    **Wonderful shot of Harper and his peg block toy..
    **Bonehilda! I luv her to death...
    **"Love Day activities" what would they be exactly... :wink:
    **I've been doing this feedback for 3 hours so far, it does take a lot of time if you want to say anything more than "great update" :wink:
    **69 or if that gets plummed..Sixty Nine (your inappropriate numbers in your ID??)

Although I had a real good laugh at your guess of polrbear69, my number isn't a sexual(this word might be censored, idk) number. Haha. Thank you though, my friend and I died when I said polrbear69 out loud. :D
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member

@king_of_simcity7 , Nope, never played 2 before..I was even late to the party for Sims 3, just started playing 2 years 10 months ago (3 years in December). Did you play 2, scratch that I know you did, did you like it?

You've played Sims 3 longer then I have. I only started the summer of Last year, think it was about May or March. Like usual, I joined the forum a few days after I started seriously playing Sims 3. Mostly so I could post in this thread.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    Page 1924

@Namaya92 I feel very sorry for Aiko :( I imagine she approached Izanami knowing that she wouldn't get what she wanted but she showed great courage by giving it a try.
    Izanimi getting pleasure from making her own aunt miserable shows the depths of her evil! :o
    I don't much care for Holly because she's a rather insipid sim but I am worried for her!
    Great update :)

@MoonandStars83 My old dinosaur ran the sims very well except it was slow to load the game. This laptop is not the top of the range but seems to be a lot speedier in loading than what I was used to. Ideally I would like desktop but I need to work out where I can fit it.
    I don't think Sam or Dean needs to do anything special to impress Zumi! ;)

@bekkasan Awwww Nothing like a hug to break the tension :)
    What a beautiful spot to swim!
    I can't wait to see the meeting between Adam and Alice's parents :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top