The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

SOMETHING WEIRD!
    OFL2WhU.png
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    SOMETHING WEIRD!
    OFL2WhU.png

@FoundMarbles - Have you used the invisible foundation from buybebug? It happened to me once!! Either that, or you could try replacing the flooring.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited October 2017
    Oh wow! I love how everyone's builds are turning out!

@FaithofKaela that craftsman style home is very well organized! I really like the multi-story living area.

@mannanna I really like how you have multiple stories on this budget! I had a hard time fitting everything into my little one story home and staying in budget. That must've been difficult, but you pulled it off!

@Oliana your build is very will done! the colors are really pretty and the kitchen is the perfect size. I also really like how you've laid out all of the rooms, it's a really creative space saving layout!

I dunno if I'm gonna enter again for a while. It took me 2 days to build the house and then more than a week to work through the pictures and slideshow! I kept going through the pictures and finding one tiny little thing that I wanted to change, (like the coffee table or the terrain paint). Then I'd have to delete all my old pictures and take all new pictures with the new item/small change... It was so frustrating! I am really impressed by everyone that enters these challenges consistently, it's a lot of hard work!

@oXseashellXo - You're not wrong about the organisation that goes into the media, like you, I usually end up re-taking my pictures at least two or three times. I usually don't spot things until I'm trying to get the imgur thread sorted, so that means I am constantly uploading, deleting and rearranging that! Worth it though, I do love taking part. And thanks again for your lovely comments on my build, much appreaciated my sweet!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • NHubandNHuband Posts: 12 New Member
    > @NHuband - nice!! But, don't forget for your entry to count as an official one, you'll need to provide us with a link to the download.

I uploaded the lot onto the gallery where do I find the link?
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2017
    @FoundMarbles that happened to me when I first was coming up with ideas for this build too. I think it has something to do with removing the floor in an exterior wall that's not connected to any exterior foundation-I have a build that has a sunken floor like that, but on the other side of the exterior wall is a covered porch and I didn't have any issues with that room. I might be wrong, but it seems like that's a requirement of the game (like if you delete the floor of a room, all of a sudden the roof goes through the walls)

@FaithofKaela That's exactly what I went through. I even took the house off the gallery and retook all the pictures so I could repaint 3 tiles of wall, that ended up hardly even being in the pictures (thigh I still think it was the right choice)

@NHuband go to the gallery on a web browser, like chrome or safari and search by username, then for your own username. Scroll through your uploads and click on the one you want to share. Go to the website text/link at the top of the browser. Copy the entire link and paste it into your post. If your not a full member, it won't show up as a clickable link, but others can still copy and paste it to get to your build.

@emere cocoa is so pretty! Love how you have a second floor loft as the master suite.
    CHALLENGE #79: The Third Sister - Carrie
    FORUM ID: NHuband
    ORIGIN ID: NicHub
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) - Starting out
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery) - https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F77ED81EA6FE11E78DD7FCAB6C5DEC93?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=NicHub&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000.00
    BUILD COST: 42,784
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) - 44,784
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) - https://www.photosnack.com/NicHub/challenge79thethirdsistercarrie.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) - I have built a single level one bedroom home for Carrie using browns, greens, and orange. She has a half bath in the main area of the house and an ensuite in her bedroom. The back yard has a pool and tall hedging for privacy. The open concept kitchen and livingroom, along with the large windows, makes the space bright and appear larger.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry - yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) - none

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    CHALLENGE #79: The Third Sister - Carrie
    FORUM ID: PersRealmsShadow
    ORIGIN ID:PersRealmsShadow
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Established
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery) Carrie
    LOT COST: 2.5?
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 44,928
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/sQRNk
    ENTRY DETAILS: Not really entering it, not happy with it at all other than the building shape XD. DID NOT DECORATE (i.e. I used premade room and shoved the items around to fill the areas) Really just wanted to show off the house build itself XD I tried to decorate I did... I couldn't even get out of downstairs before I'd blown budget, let alone the upstairs bedroom! LOL. She's got 2 trees and 2 security cameras and it's in earthy tones :P that's about as close as I got XD
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Nopenope
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Sims Premade Rooms! :D

7Mppzu1.png
    JhJIcHG.png

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS79
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2017
    #BnS79 - The Third Sister - Carrie - Is Now Officially Closed
    Good luck everyone, some awesome creations this round :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#BnS 80: Wishes Of The Dead

Erisa Bonekeeper stood, silent, on the uneven ground with its patchy, weedy, grass. She didn't like what she saw.

The Old mausoleums roof had collapsed in on itself, taking part if the walls and crypts with it. The walls surrounding the cemetery were even worse, with huge gaping holes where stones had been stolen or tumbled down to be covered by weeds. The tombstones were obscured by weeds and many had fallen or been kicked over.

There was nothing left of the groundskeeper's cottage. Indeed, the only signs that humans had been there at all any time recently was the graffiti decorating some of the standing walls and the remains of some sort of ritual in the shallow cracked remains of what might have once been a pond or fountain.

More important than what she saw, however, was what she heard. "Can you hear them?"

The sudden address from the still figure you had been picking your way towards made you jump. "I'm sorry?" You ask, stopping in your tracks. The figure turned and you nearly jump aboard the nope train to destination anywhere but there.

It was not that the speaker was horrible or terrifying to look at. She was tall and slender, and, in her black coat and pants, looked almost ecclesiastical. Her hair, long and straight, is such a pale blonde as to be almost white. Her face isn't skeletal, despite her stark features and somber expression. Instead her face reminds you of a statue you once saw of an aesthetic angel.

No, what made you nearly nope out is her eyes. All black, even the whites, with silver irises that almost appear to glow. Looking into them is like looking into eternity and that is a very uncomfortable feeling.

A faint smile touches her lips as you avert your eyes. "The dead." She says, "Can you hear them?"

Her voice is surprisingly soft, gentle with a soothing note that eases your uncertainties.

"No," you say hesitantly.

"I can."

"What do they say?" Your inquiry is cautious.

"Complaints mostly." The amused exasperated tone in her voice makes you smile. "They do not like their resting place. I am hoping you can help us with that." She holds out her hand, "I am Erisa Bonekeeper. I'm the new groundskeeper."

After introductions, during which you avoid looking at her eyes, you wave a hand at the dilapidated graveyard. "So how can I help?"

"Well, for starters. I need a groundskeeper's cottage. I do not require anything fancy. Merely a bedroom, bathroom. Some place to cook and work. With enough room so I don't trip over my lady and her boys."

"Family?" You ask curiously, uncertain who would want to raise children here.

To answer Erisa lets out a loud long whistle. From different areas of the graveyard, fast and silent as fog, come three huge dogs. The smallest of the three comes to sit next to the groundskeeper. The other two flank them. At a gesture the three sit, still as statues. "This is Lady," Erisa says, stroking the back of the nearest. "And her boys Cerberus and Dante. They guard the graveyard at night."

Privately you guess them to be hellhounds. Aloud you simply say "i see why you requested space. What else do you need?"

"New fence for the graveyard. New mausoleum. I will move the dead for you as needed. Landscaping, which I will leave to you. I wish for this place to feel welcoming. When the living are comfortable coming here, so to will the dead be."

"All of that is feasible."

"Good." she looks around, "There are 12 graves here now, but the city is going to re open this cemetery and has added land to its boundaries. They have also given a budget of 55,000."

"I can do a lot with that." You assure her.

"Thank you." She turns away, walking over to kneel at one of the grave stones where she begins to weed the ground.

Brief:
    Create the graveyard on any lot as long as it's 30x40 or over. It must include:
    • a Mausoleum
    • a groundskeepers cottage, consisting, 1bedroom, 1 bathroom and the usual living and kitchen areas, an office space of some kind, with ample space for three large dogs (they'll be joining Erisa next month :wink: )
    • landscaping
    The styling is your choice.
    Your budget is $55,000

Sim Challenge:
    Create Erisa with whatever traits you thin would suit her and show her maintaining the graveyard.

Room Challenge:
    Create Erisa's bedroom, you have just $8,000 for this.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #80: Wishes Of The Dead

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS80

The deadline for this challenge is 25th October 2017
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    You already got me at the title "Wishes of the Dead" :) I'll probably give this challenge a go. :D
    pronterus wrote: »
    You already got me at the title "Wishes of the Dead" :) I'll probably give this challenge a go. :D

Glad to hear it @pronterus :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member

SO MANY TALENTED PEOPLE HERE!
    @faithofkaela - wonderful build and I just adore what you did with the patio and the planters. Inside is tres chic. The house is absolutely lovely!
    @mannanna - Fabulous wall pattern variations and wonderful entrance. Love the z shaped pool. Nice job!!
    @oliana - love the lines of your house, and the awning and the splashes of color in the bedroom. Wonderful outdoor sitting area. Very cool.
    @oxseashellxo - Very pretty and unique build. Love all the stone and wood and just how your brought everything together. Really like the outdoor dining area as well. Very nice!!
    @emere - I don't think you can do a bad build if you tried. Wonderful house; love the bamboo in the kitchen with the angled bar and the vase fountain. Cool!!!

@buildnshare - I am so liking this new challenge. I haven't really been online much as it's, well, really nice outside:) But I'm looking forward to this one!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Surprisingly after three hours, I've finished my graveyard. Haven't taken screenies so I'm not uploading it yet. :D But this was a great challenge! Tight budget for a big lot :)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2017
    The figure turned and you nearly jump aboard the nope train to destination anywhere but there.
    I am seriously going to steal ... er borrow this line :lol:
    The figure turned and you nearly jump aboard the nope train to destination anywhere but there.
    I am seriously going to steal ... er borrow this line :lol:
    I'll let the author know that you like it :wink:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Gotta say I really enjoy reading your little Sim stories @BuildnShare . This one sounds fun! But ooh the budget, doesn't sound like much. I will try it though.
    Thank you @Ainsleyf for your nice comments <3:) Can't say that was a very good build but I had fun and to me it's what it is about.
    mannanna wrote: »
    Gotta say I really enjoy reading your little Sim stories @BuildnShare . This one sounds fun! But ooh the budget, doesn't sound like much. I will try it though.
    Thank you @Ainsleyf for your nice comments <3:) Can't say that was a very good build but I had fun and to me it's what it is about.

Thanks @mannanna - a lot of thought goes into our little world and it's nice to know it's appreciated! As for the budget we gave the TS4 simmers an extra $10,000, so think of the poor Sims 3 players :lol:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Hahaha, okay I am not complaining :D
    edited October 2017
    ATTENTION HAWTHORNE PROJECT PHASE TWO PARTICIPANTS

A decision has been made on the next recipient of the Hawthorne Legacy. You can find out who won here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Caretaker's Cottage on Straud Manor lot in Forgotten Hollow
    LOT COST: 2500
    BUILD COST:52499
    TOTAL COST: 54999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Caretaker's Cottage at Forgotten Hollow Cemetery
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cemetery is sparsely landscaped. I wanted it to look like the cemeteries I'm used to visiting. It has a lovely outdoor sitting area and public bathrooms as well as a walk-in mausoleum with plaques for 16 interments, so would be a nice quiet place for reading a book or sneaking off on lunch hour for a sandwich. There's a fishing pond and the lower floor of the cottage has a viewing room, chapel and office. I planted plasma trees around so Erisa would have something to garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    I'm gonna be cheeky here and add my Sim info even though there's no space on the form for Sims or Rooms:
    SIM: The Caretaker
    Link to Slideshow:The Caretaker
    Details: Erisa is a minor vampire who aspires to be a freelance botanist. She has high vampire lore knowledge and level 5 gardening skills. She is a creative loner who loves the outdoors. She's also an independant, observant night owl, and a collector due to her aspiration, and has some basic vampire powers. She has a dark form that I based on Sadie Frost's portrayal of Lucy in Brahm Stoker's Dracula (1992) which I'm showing below, but there are pictures of her gardening in the slideshow.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: uve3TQn.pngDTGEppi.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @Ainsleyf LOL I'd move in there :D love it
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) - Starting Out
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery - Avarice Acres - https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/64CA7063B16311E787E205A57EEC9667?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=NicHub&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 51,986
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 54,986
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) - https://www.photosnack.com/NicHub/bns80wishesofthedead.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have built a graveyard with a small mausoleum and a 1 bedroom cottage for Erisa with a separate entrance for the office and a separate entrance for the small viewing or funeral room. The graveyard has some benches for people to sit and visit their loved ones, with lots of room for more gravestones. There is a little landscaping with flowers and a fountain with seating close by. There are two gates into the lot, one by the mausoleum and one by the gravestones.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry - YES PLEASE
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) - n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please) - not sure how to add pics to this.......
    edited October 2017
    @NHuband - if you post the links to the pictures you want to showcase, I can edit your post so that they show in a quote. When you are a full member you'll be able to post your own :wink: If you want help with becoming a full member head over to @rosemow's Rosemow’s Introduce Yourself Thread and also to the Member vs New Member Thread. Good luck and happy simming!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) - Starting Out
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery - Avarice Acres - https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/64CA7063B16311E787E205A57EEC9667?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=NicHub&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 51,986
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 54,986
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) - https://www.photosnack.com/NicHub/bns80wishesofthedead.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have built a graveyard with a small mausoleum and a 1 bedroom cottage for Erisa with a separate entrance for the office and a separate entrance for the small viewing or funeral room. The graveyard has some benches for people to sit and visit their loved ones, with lots of room for more gravestones. There is a little landscaping with flowers and a fountain with seating close by. There are two gates into the lot, one by the mausoleum and one by the gravestones.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry - YES PLEASE
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) - n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please) - not sure how to add pics to this.......

I don't think you can get a link to a single pic on photosnack. You could set up a free imgur account for the purpose of just sharing individual photos. Just a thought. P.S. I like your viewing room and office. The benches and office furniture you chose are perfect for the theme!
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    @NHuband Carrie’s house and your graveyard are both great! I can tell that even though your a beginner you have great potential! I really like the wooden pews you used in your graveyard build. :smile:

@PersRealmsShadow Carrie’s house is so big! I love the minamlist southwest design, and how the fence covers the entire lot. Very creative! :smile:

@Ainsleyf the caretakers cottage is awesome! The whole lot is put together very well, the way you placed the statue in a peristalsis and then on a foundation to make it stand out is really creative! I love you you made it look like a realistic place that I could see in real life, that makes it seem very creepy :smile:

I said I might not participate, but I saw the new challenge and it just looked so cool that I had to try :smiley:

I do have a warning for anyone who doesn’t know this already or has forgotten, but if you place the buydebug tombstones, they cannot be removed. Even if you bulldoze the lot, they stay behind. They will also travel with your sim in the family inventory. I recommend working on this lot in a separate save file so they’re not there forever. Also, because they’re not tied to a ghost, you can’t release it to the netherworld to make the tombstone disappear (I dunno if that normally works, I don’t really let any of my sims die cause that makes me sad).

Because of this I want to not really share my build on the gallery. What’s the minimum amount of time I have to keep it up on the gallery to qualify for the challenge? (I don’t want a simmer to download the lot and then get stuck with tombstones forever)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top