Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack name & icon vote results!

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Now it just looks MORE like a cupcake with the lippy bits on the side!

vanilla_strawberry_thumbnail.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Any chance at all of getting solar panels?
    I'm kind of sad what started out as something eco-has turned into washing clothes
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I'm kind of sad what started out as something eco-has turned into washing clothes

That's a huge problem with this vote. This all started when we voted for an eco-themed pack, but were shown a washer and dryer, which sidetracked the majority of the people. :o Some people didn't even want an eco pack, but just voted for the eco pack theme because they saw the washer/dryer. :D But still, a great many people loved the eco pack idea and that is what they voted for. When the eco-theme "won" it looked like a win-win situation of an eco-themed pack with additional laundry. Now the majority of the initial voters have been left in the lurch. :( I have no problem with a laundry pack; what I do have a problem with is how laundry hijacked the eco-theme! :# While I love that we get to vote, I think they should have put more thought into that initial themed vote. Maybe if laundry was one of the initial topics to choose from, then that might have won over the eco theme and we wouldn't have teased a great many people into thinking we were getting a eco-pack! :/
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    > @PugLove888 said:
    > JojoMOMSTER wrote: »
    >
    > Any chance at all of getting solar panels?
    > I'm kind of sad what started out as something eco-has turned into washing clothes
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's a huge problem with this vote. This all started when we voted for an eco-themed pack, but were shown a washer and dryer, which sidetracked the majority of the people. :o Some people didn't even want an eco pack, but just voted for the eco pack theme because they saw the washer/dryer. :D But still, a great many people loved the eco pack idea and that is what they voted for. When the eco-theme "won" it looked like a win-win situation of an eco-themed pack with additional laundry. Now the majority of the initial voters have been left in the lurch. :( I have no problem with a laundry pack; what I do have a problem with is how laundry hijacked the eco-theme! :# While I love that we get to vote, I think they should have put more thought into that initial themed vote. Maybe if laundry was one of the initial topics to choose from, then that might have won over the eco theme and we wouldn't have teased a great many people into thinking we were getting a eco-pack! :/

I agree, and can I also point out that washing clothes isn't exactly eco-friendly either.
    edited September 2017
    Tezzie7645 wrote: »
    > @PugLove888 said:
    > JojoMOMSTER wrote: »
    >
    > Any chance at all of getting solar panels?
    > I'm kind of sad what started out as something eco-has turned into washing clothes
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's a huge problem with this vote. This all started when we voted for an eco-themed pack, but were shown a washer and dryer, which sidetracked the majority of the people. :o Some people didn't even want an eco pack, but just voted for the eco pack theme because they saw the washer/dryer. :D But still, a great many people loved the eco pack idea and that is what they voted for. When the eco-theme "won" it looked like a win-win situation of an eco-themed pack with additional laundry. Now the majority of the initial voters have been left in the lurch. :( I have no problem with a laundry pack; what I do have a problem with is how laundry hijacked the eco-theme! :# While I love that we get to vote, I think they should have put more thought into that initial themed vote. Maybe if laundry was one of the initial topics to choose from, then that might have won over the eco theme and we wouldn't have teased a great many people into thinking we were getting a eco-pack! :/

I agree, and can I also point out that washing clothes isn't exactly eco-friendly either.

@Tezzie7645 , true, it is not eco-friendly, but the idea was to be eco-friendly by having a washtub/washboard with a clothes line, which is eco-friendly. But they simply could not add this and be done with it since we didn't have laundry of any kind in the first place. :o (Oops!) If they would have added laundry with, say, City Living, or Parenthood, etc. then we would have already had laundry in place and this pack would have made more sense. Then they could have the washtub and clothesline in the eco-pack and it could have been more like the "Off The Grid" sub-theme that almost won out over laundry. ;) So while it is a good idea to let us vote, they should have given us the option of a laundry SP or an eco SP and not sidetracked us by showing a washer/dryer within the idea of an eco pack! :s Great idea to let us vote, but bad implementation on what they let us vote for! :'(
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I wasn't happy that on the one pack we got to decide on it came down to something as simple as laundry that could've been added to the Parenthood or some other type of pack. I thought it was a good chance to get content that we hadn't had before. I haven't been on in weeks. That said, I like both the name and icon that won. I didn't think about cupcakes until I saw someone mention it, but I think the laundry basket stands for chores and not just about the machine. Also, since they added normal machines, I didn't like the idea of the pack being named anything rustic. Rustic left the building when machines were added. I like the choices that won and I think they are appropriate for the pack that is being made. :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

No, haha.

They might make a separate pack for real Eco/energy saving items tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

No, haha.

They might make a separate pack for real Eco/energy saving items tho.

@DeKay , they really should :) because we were fooled into thinking we were getting an eco pack. :(
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I missed the Vote cause of real life stuff, but I do not really care bout this pack anymore since it is not a Eco friendly pack like it should of been, they should stop saying it is a Eco Friendly pack cause it is Not one, again that is how I feel bout it, I still am not sure I will buy this pack or not will have to wait and see what it looks like in the end to make My mind up then.
    I missed the Vote cause of real life stuff, but I do not really care bout this pack anymore since it is not a Eco friendly pack like it should of been, they should stop saying it is a Eco Friendly pack cause it is Not one, again that is how I feel bout it, I still am not sure I will buy this pack or not will have to wait and see what it looks like in the end to make My mind up then.

@BlueBlack007 , yes, a lot of people are upset about that. :s:'( But I haven't heard them call it an eco-friendly pack in a while, so I think they are hoping we just forget that part of it. :| I think they tried to steer us back toward an eco-friendly pack when with the other sub-themes we voted on (Carbon Conciousness, Food Preservation, & Off the Grid) , but Laundry won that vote, so I think they had to give up on the eco-friendly theme when laundry won. :/
    (BTW, I love your avatar! o:) Are those Japanese Chins? They are too adorable! <3<3<3 )
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »

BlueBlack007 , yes, a lot of people are upset about that. :s:'( But I haven't heard them call it an eco-friendly pack in a while, so I think they are hoping we just forget that part of it. :| I think they tried to steer us back toward an eco-friendly pack when with the other sub-themes we voted on (Carbon Conciousness, Food Preservation, & Off the Grid) , but Laundry won that vote, so I think they had to give up on the eco-friendly theme when laundry won. :/
    (BTW, I love your avatar! o:) Are those Japanese Chins? They are too adorable! <3<3<3 )

The only thing that bothers me is the rustic buy mode items that we're gonna get in this pack cuz at the time a lot of people voted for it since the theme looked more eco-friendly. :(
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    I'm so excited for laundry to be in the game ahh! <3
    DeKay wrote: »

BlueBlack007 , yes, a lot of people are upset about that. :s:'( But I haven't heard them call it an eco-friendly pack in a while, so I think they are hoping we just forget that part of it. :| I think they tried to steer us back toward an eco-friendly pack when with the other sub-themes we voted on (Carbon Conciousness, Food Preservation, & Off the Grid) , but Laundry won that vote, so I think they had to give up on the eco-friendly theme when laundry won. :/

The only thing that bothers me is the rustic buy mode items that we're gonna get in this pack cuz at the time a lot of people voted for it since the theme looked more eco-friendly. :(

@DeKay , I can see how some people could be upset at that. On the other hand , I love the rustic theme! <3 I wish we had a rustic themed Game Pack or Expansion Pack. But it is rather ironic that the rustic look to the items in this pack were inspired by a theme that won't even end up being in the pack even though it was the winning theme! :/:D
  • AntonGladerAntonGlader Posts: 54 Member
    I get what you are saying about Laundry "hijacking" the Eco Theme, I agree I would love a Eco pack but I wanted laundry so bad! But maybe in the future a "living of the land" kinda pack or more eco friendly choices can be made?

I just think the community wanted laundry so bad and indeed me too!
    I get what you are saying about Laundry "hijacking" the Eco Theme, I agree I would love a Eco pack but I wanted laundry so bad! But maybe in the future a "living of the land" kinda pack or more eco friendly choices can be made?

I just think the community wanted laundry so bad and indeed me too!

@AntonGlader, yes, it is a shame! :( We should get a laundry pack because that is what the majority of people want. But we should get an eco-friendly pack since that is what the majority of people voted on in the first place. :s Unfortunately we can only get one for now, unless they surprise us somehow, but I highly doubt it since we already voted on the rest of the furniture and decorations, and therefore this pack is already at its limit of items once we add in the laundry items.
    The problem is even more convoluted since laundry wasn't even a theme for the original pack we voted on, but they showed a washer and dryer in the eco-friendly option. Some people didn't care if we had an eco pack and only voted for it in order to get laundry, but others didn't care if we had laundry and voted for the actual theme we were being presented with. Then during the vote to fine-tune the "eco pack" and give it more focus, EA tried to get out of this conundrum by giving us a choice between laundry or one of 3 other eco-themed choices, but most really wanted laundry! :o This is awful for eco-friendly players who were looking forward to an eco pack. :'( But, at least we will still get an eco-friendly washtub and clothesline! o:)
    But I hope you're right and they give us a Game Pack with and eco-friendly theme so those who really wanted this will be rewarded! <3 And I hope they learn the lesson of being careful what you put in a picture next to a theme you want the public to voted on! ;):p
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    I will probably get this one at some time but as laundry is not a big deal in sims for me it might wait. And as I did not vote I really don't have room to whinge, lol. That said, I would have liked the clothes pin best. Big it does look like a laundry basket but when I saw it small in passing I could not fathom why you had put a cupcake up for vote. B)
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    I do hope the next one is the darker side....
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

@BlueBlack007 , yes, a lot of people are upset about that. :s:'( But I haven't heard them call it an eco-friendly pack in a while, so I think they are hoping we just forget that part of it. :| I think they tried to steer us back toward an eco-friendly pack when with the other sub-themes we voted on (Carbon Conciousness, Food Preservation, & Off the Grid) , but Laundry won that vote, so I think they had to give up on the eco-friendly theme when laundry won. :/

Yup they are Japanese Chins, the Tan and white is My Lil Man, and the Black and White is My lil Girl, they are both the Reason I even bother to get out of bed every day :) , I am hoping that they added that Breed into the Pets pack, otherwise I will not be able to use the Pet pack, it would be a waste of money for Me If I can not add My Fur Babies into My game, in the Previous Games I have to use CC to add that Breed into them, I can not use CC in the Sims 4, so I am hoping for them, Thanks glad you like My Fur Babies, :)
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member

I concur WHOLEHEARTEDLY
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    That is clearly a laundry basket. Definitely NOT a cup cake. Lol!!!
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell

Yup they are Japanese Chins, the Tan and white is My Lil Man, and the Black and White is My lil Girl, they are both the Reason I even bother to get out of bed every day :) , I am hoping that they added that Breed into the Pets pack, otherwise I will not be able to use the Pet pack, it would be a waste of money for Me If I can not add My Fur Babies into My game, in the Previous Games I have to use CC to add that Breed into them, I can not use CC in the Sims 4, so I am hoping for them, Thanks glad you like My Fur Babies, :)

@BlueBlack007 , when my husband and I lived in an apartment we had a neighbor that had a Japanese Chin who was just a joy! o:) She couldn't decide if she wanted to like your face or have you rub her belly, so she tried to do both at once! <3
    Maybe I'm a bit biased since both Japanese Chins and Pugs have flat faces and large eyes, but I think your Fur Babies are gorgeous! :*
    Since other versions of The Sims pets packs didn't have Japanese Chins, were you not able to make a dog that looked like them at all? :'( I really hope Japanese Chins are included in Cats & Dogs! :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    See? They do listen to us. The new laundry basket looks good @SimGuruGraham
  • strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    @PugLove888 @JojoMOMSTER

Not sure if you use CC but The Plumbob Tea Society created a whole packed based around what this pack should have been (minus theres no gameplay item lol ...so no jam making or solar panels yet :( )

clickie
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I’m not one for cc usually, but I might make an exception for that one, thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top