Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥~Romagi's Sims 3 Creations~♥♥~Bahama Breeze~♥♥

Comments

• StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    edited October 2017
    @romagi1 I'm happy with the country living area and Moorish studio and bathroom, can't wait to see them all! :grin:
    I have been doing some inspiration hunting for the upstairs apartment and have now made a second photo set for it, so the two apartments are now in separate posts. :smile:
    samnotnan.tumblr.com/private/166099482339/tumblr_oxdxgt5q7Y1rf5dyo
    I hope you like it, and that it now gives you some ideas and inspiration! :kissing_closed_eyes:

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention it earlier, but could we please make a space for an aquarium in the bedroom? My witch sim loves all aquatic creatures, and will be doing some fishing to get herself some water friends (especially wants a frog).
    Zpj9msL.png
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited October 2017
    @StutteredScreams, Thanks for the link! :mrgreen: I can definitely work with those!

An aquarium or the fishbowl? I'll look again but I couldn't find an aquarium except from the store or an SP, I think it was HEL.
    Does it need to be in the bedroom?

Upstairs bath WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

Post edited by romagi1 on
    @romagi1 OMG you're right, I was thinking of the aquariums in Sims 2. I'll have to rectify that and either purchase one from the store or purchase the SP, I'll let you know once I've decided on what I'm gonna do!
    But no, it does not need to be in the bedroom, I just wanted it to be somewhere she gets to see and enjoy it often. :smile:

As for the upstairs bathroom, I'm loving it, it looks great! The only thing I'd like to change is the accent colour. Since we have such a pink kitchen I'd like for the bathroom to feature a nice purple (like the one from the witchy bathroom picture) instead. I figure a different colour for a different room would be exactly the kind of thing my witch sim would like, that or randomly mixed colours in each room. She loves all colours! :love:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams, LOL I had the bath with purple to start and then thought no there's no purple in the color swatch so I went with the golden yellow and then added all kinds of other colors but I've adjusted the wall color and the main accent color is back to purple. :mrgreen:

The nook I wanted to put the aquarium is in the main living area right outside the bedroom door. I was thinking green for the main color in the living room with splashes of the other colors on the plant pots and decor around the room. Or did you have another color in mind? What about the bedroom color? Did you have a certain color in mind?

You can put frogs in the fishbowl if you want. I tried the turtle one since it has water in it but nope, only turtles.

@romagi1 Feel 100% free to extend on that colour palette with any and all other vibrant colours, as both me and my sim LOVE colours.
    That sounds like a fine nook to me, I do know the fishbowl works, but I'd rather an aquarium you know. :tongue:

Colour wise I'm thinking maybe blue or green or even red for the living room unless you've already used that for another, and for the bedroom I'd like the yellows and brown like in this room please!
    tumblr_oxdxgt5q7Y1rf5dyoo3_1280.jpg
    (Just with a bit more fun with the colours and accents of course).
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited October 2017
    @StutteredScreams, I had been thinking green in the living area but it's a bit too much green with all the plants so I'll try some different colors. I have a lot of Red in the science/garden room so probably something in a greenish blue teal color.

I love yellow, I truly do but it seems to be one of the harder colors for me to do. Still working on the patterns and fabric but wanted to know what you thought of the color and style before I went any farther.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

edited October 2017
    @romagi1 I'm opting for bedroom B with a little C, I'm loving the creams but can we try adding more of a bright and vibrant yellow to the accents like the bedding and curtains. :smile:

Edit: Also, I have made a decision via the aquarium and am purchasing the HEL SP, so please use that one thanks!
    Post edited by StutteredScreams on
    Zpj9msL.png
    Oooh no, I really like the yellows in this one, reminds me of lemons! :smiley:
    So I'm picking A, the one with more of that creamy tone, but I'd like a few minor changes (and I hope I'm not being too picky hehe).

1. What I'd like to do is take the large carpet (but keeping the small one as is, unless that looks too out of place) from this previous image and replace the current yellow one with it.
    PWS8k2N.jpg
    2. I'd also like to see if we can find a way to bring the beautiful mix of colours from the quilt at the end of the bed in the above picture, and combine it with the quilt pattern that I really love in the same place in the cream/yellow room image.
    3. 3rd and final wish is to change the corner mirror's pattern to something else where the colour will be like a sunset orange, as I think that would look really nice to balance both the yellow and the red.
    sky-232000_1280.jpg

Hope these suggestions work out, and that you'll like them too. :blush:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams, Pick away! LOL I really like how your vision of the kitchen turned out so I'm all good with whatever you'd like changed! :)

I changed out the larger rug and adjusted the orange in it from a rust to more of a sunset color. I can't see your sunset color so I'm hoping I went the right direction. Also, added the the sunset color to the mirror and around the room. The foot quilt is a stone pattern that only has 2 color channels so I went more sunset with it. I'll play with some other patterns and see what I can find.

@romagi1 LOL the link worked at first, but apparently someone didn't like my hotlinking, whoops. :tongue:
    Anyways, you were spot on, because I love it! The whole room really has that warm sunset vibe, I think it would be a very relaxing place to sleep. :smile:
    Zpj9msL.png
    Living room is looking awesome @romagi1! :mrgreen:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams, LOL I posted the pic and went to bed! So, I guess I don't need to ask if you like the colors? :mrgreen: I'll work some more on it tonite when I get home.

@StutteredScreams, Have a pic of the greenhouse/science room and wanted to see if it works for you. She will have like 9 plants from SN out on the rooftop patio.

When I rearranged the floor plan to make the galley kitchen her computer nook hallway got a bit larger. It's still pretty much a hallway as there are doors all around, so I was trying to figure out what to put in there. Have a pic of it. Let me know if you'd like something else in there or any color changes anywhere.

WIPS: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
    @romagi1 I am in LOVE with the greenhouse/science room, the style of it is looking so awesome! The image on the floor is so funky, is that like the graffiti skill?

I really adore the colours in that little room, I especially love the carpet, so you don't need to change a thing. I really have nothing coming to mind for the room though I'm afraid, so unless you think of something else (or I have an epiphany) I'll guess we'll leave it as a random room hehe.
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams, Yep, that would be graffiti. :) When I think of old buildings that's one of the first things that comes to mind, so yes, your apartment has been vandalized! :mrgreen: There is one more that I would like for the outside but my street artist is not cooperating! :/

On the downstairs apartment, most is in the creams, browns and greens with accents of the mustard and pumpkin. But the art studio and guest bath I tried to do in a more Moorish flavor with the red, not sure if it's brick red but it's red. So see what you think.

WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
    @romagi1 That's super cool, I hope you can get it all to work out. :smiley:
    Via art studio I'd say it's much more of a deep romantic red than a brick, but nevertheless because it's so dark and rich it looks amazing and really suits the Moorish vibe!
    I'm not 100% sold on the floor because to me it looks a lot like laminate, which I don't enjoy, but I do like the pattern and colours. Also I adore those glass stained windows! :love:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams, it's probably the angle of the shot with the gold I was trying to put in it. But, it made me remember a floor from LN that I love so I changed the studio floor to it. The pool, studio and guest bath, which is the back bedroom bath also are more in the Moorish flavor. Got a WIP so you can see the other rooms walls and a better one of the floors. Let me know what you think of the walls, colors and flooring! :)

WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

P.S. She finally did the last one I was wanting for the exterior! :mrgreen:
    @romagi1 Oooooh I LOVE that tile, the style is spot on, though I worry now the room's a little too red hehe. Could you try messing around with gold again but on this tile? Or maybe you think another colour would be better? Have a play and let me know! :mrgreen:

What I can see of the pool and bathroom is super awesome, I'm so excited for the big reveal of this build! :scream:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams, the first colors I tried picking out the redder and darker colors of the tile on the wall. This time I've tried to pick out the light flecks in the wall tile. See what you think. :)

romagi1 wrote: »
    @StutteredScreams, the first colors I tried picking out the redder and darker colors of the tile on the wall. This time I've tried to pick out the light flecks in the wall tile. See what you think. :)

That looks great Rox, I love it, it's like a rich gold and pumpkin! :love:
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited October 2017
    @StutteredScreams, Great, I'll use that color!

Edit: I put a small shared laundry room in the basement so if you wanted to add anything else later on the stairs would already be there. If you don't want laundry I can do away with it.

Edit 2: Did you have something you would like it named?
    @romagi1 Shared laundry room sounds great, how big is the room? Big enough to include a home gym down there? Shared basement reminded me about the fact that one of my sims is athletic, but he can always just use the public gym no worries. :smile:

Hmmm I can't think of anything off the top of my head, something about history, theatre, and duplex lol. Honestly if you can think of something, you should name it what feels right, after all you're the who's worked so hard on this! :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited October 2017
    @StutteredScreams, it's just a tiny room but there is plenty of room for expansion. I'll add more basement for a gym area and bath.

I'm not really good at names :/ but it will have a name! :)

Silver Screen Suites???
    @romagi1 Ooooh no, that basement is perfect I like it! I'm so with you on using the exterior brick down there, it suits it to a T! :heart:

Lord no, I think Silver Screen Suites is brilliant, the best I could conjure up was Historic Renovation Invasion! :tongue:
    Zpj9msL.png