Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s your favorite legacy challenge and why?

I’m interested in trying a new legacy challenge (besides the original basic format). So what is your favorite version of the legacy challenge and why?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I have to go with Pinstar's Legacy. You're probably suggesting that as the original one. It's the ONLY one I've played, and I started with Sims2. Played it then, played it in Sims3 (although I didn't finish the challenge in 3). Was more than delighted to see it revised for Sims4. Played it and finally finished it. I don't play Sims4 every day, so it took just a tad over one year. What I like about this challenge, is that due to the 'rules' set up, I have managed to learn more about each iteration from the playing of it. Plus — I have experienced many firsts in the course of the challenge. Got my very first alien abduction, had my very first born in game alien. Things that I was missing out on suddenly occurred. Even having my first random 'death'. Yes, you sometimes have to push your way through a challenge, but I have learned to focus on which career I wanted to complete and I am a character person. If I can't identify or have some kind of empathy for a character, I won't watch a TV series. I set books aside, unfinished, too. So, in the game I select a Sim and make that one my focus. I set goals for the Sim and work at achieving them. One of my later generations even was able to purchase a restaurant. That ended up wildly fun. Had the would be heir come aboard as a new manager. Even had his uncle do the same to give the current heir a bit of a break. Then the uncle started making costly changes and the family was not doing well, financially. Made for some great story fodder, since I blogged about my Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    @GalacticGal you have a link for this challenge rules?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    As a matter of fact, I do. https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/

This is new since we got toddlers: https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/toddler-random-trait-generator/

Once you're on the site, you should be able to find the child/teen/YA random trait generator. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have to go with Pinstar's Legacy. You're probably suggesting that as the original one. It's the ONLY one I've played, and I started with Sims2. Played it then, played it in Sims3 (although I didn't finish the challenge in 3). Was more than delighted to see it revised for Sims4. Played it and finally finished it. I don't play Sims4 every day, so it took just a tad over one year. What I like about this challenge, is that due to the 'rules' set up, I have managed to learn more about each iteration from the playing of it. Plus — I have experienced many firsts in the course of the challenge. Got my very first alien abduction, had my very first born in game alien. Things that I was missing out on suddenly occurred. Even having my first random 'death'. Yes, you sometimes have to push your way through a challenge, but I have learned to focus on which career I wanted to complete and I am a character person. If I can't identify or have some kind of empathy for a character, I won't watch a TV series. I set books aside, unfinished, too. So, in the game I select a Sim and make that one my focus. I set goals for the Sim and work at achieving them. One of my later generations even was able to purchase a restaurant. That ended up wildly fun. Had the would be heir come aboard as a new manager. Even had his uncle do the same to give the current heir a bit of a break. Then the uncle started making costly changes and the family was not doing well, financially. Made for some great story fodder, since I blogged about my Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.

I love the basics of that challenge :smile: It works well and I loved hearing how it helps you with your gameplay!
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I'm playing the Not so Berry challenge right now, and I've been able to make it farther than any other legacy challenge I've tried before. I think it is because each generation has specific goals so I always have something to strive after.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    My favorite is the ISBI challenge with Pinstar's rules as the base. It only gets more fun the more sims live in the home...at east for me. Its fun to see how many of the children will actually do their homework and how many of the family will make it to bed on time, go to the bathroom on their own without going in the floor/in their pants, etc.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    Otoyo wrote: »
    I'm a lover challenge is a favorite of mine.

I haven't heard of that one. What's it about (or where can I find the rules)?
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    My favorite is the ISBI challenge with Pinstar's rules as the base. It only gets more fun the more sims live in the home...at east for me. Its fun to see how many of the children will actually do their homework and how many of the family will make it to bed on time, go to the bathroom on their own without going in the floor/in their pants, etc.

That sounds fun! Just saw those rules and I could see it being interesting :smile:
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've only ever tried the basic one (Sims 2) and a matriarchy (ongoing in The Sims 3). My Sims 2 one was almost a patriarchy, but I only decided to have sons after my generation 2 heiress became part of the bloodline.

I always thought the apocalypse challenge looked interesting, but I felt that it was too hard because you had to keep track of so many things. And when Sims 2 expansions added new careers, it only got harder. Looks interesting to watch, but I wouldn't play it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I've only ever tried the basic one (Sims 2) and a matriarchy (ongoing in The Sims 3). My Sims 2 one was almost a patriarchy, but I only decided to have sons after my generation 2 heiress became part of the bloodline.

I always thought the apocalypse challenge looked interesting, but I felt that it was too hard because you had to keep track of so many things. And when Sims 2 expansions added new careers, it only got harder. Looks interesting to watch, but I wouldn't play it.

I love how you played in the two previous games as well! Didn't do it in Sims 2, but Sims 3 had a long family line (not playing the challenge, but managed to keep the family going).
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    The ISBI is probably my all-time favorite (shameless plug is sort-of-shameless). But I've also enjoyed the Alphabetacy Legacy (26 gens rather than 10, each gen is a letter in the alphabet) and the DITFT (Differences In The Family Tree, though I don't think that's been updated to TS4). The Alphabetacy speaks to the love of naming themes for me, and the DITFT gives me an excuse to try out jobs/skills/personalities that I might not normally play.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Here are the rules: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/821243/the-sims-4-im-a-lover-challenge-10-generations/p1
    I am not too sure what about it I liked, but I really enjoyed trying to make stories for sims that included each of the goals that had to be fulfilled for the generation.
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    The ISBI is probably my all-time favorite (shameless plug is sort-of-shameless). But I've also enjoyed the Alphabetacy Legacy (26 gens rather than 10, each gen is a letter in the alphabet) and the DITFT (Differences In The Family Tree, though I don't think that's been updated to TS4). The Alphabetacy speaks to the love of naming themes for me, and the DITFT gives me an excuse to try out jobs/skills/personalities that I might not normally play.

Sound like some fabulous challenges! Thank you for the suggestions!
    Otoyo wrote: »
    Here are the rules: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/821243/the-sims-4-im-a-lover-challenge-10-generations/p1
    I am not too sure what about it I liked, but I really enjoyed trying to make stories for sims that included each of the goals that had to be fulfilled for the generation.

That sounds really cool! Thank you!
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @Otoyo DITFT has been updated to Sims 4! :)
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I really wish someone would take this over and update it for the new packs. It seems like the creator abandoned it. Random legacy was my favorite in sims 3 and 4

• OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    edited October 2017
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I’m interested in trying a new legacy challenge (besides the original basic format). So what is your favorite version of the legacy challenge and why?

I've never tried any legacy challenge before.... Until last night. I started with one female sim- the blonde in my avi- and added a sim I made into her apartment building. Things were going good until my game froze. Her name is Hayley Clarkson and her love interest's name is Alex Brooks.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    HillyBeth wrote: »

I've never tried any legacy challenge before.... Until last night. I started with one female sim- the blonde in my avi- and added a sim I made into her apartment building. Things were going good until my game froze. Her name is Hayley Clarkson and her love interest's name is Alex Brooks.

A new legacy is always fun. So much potential. I hope you have fun!
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Thank you for those links! The random legacy intrigues me.
  • SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member

Thanks for link, sounds fun. I saw this line in the instructions for that challenge.."Don’t want an Extreme start but still want to use the new 64 x 64 lots? This is probably a dumb noob question, but where can I find the new 64 by 64 lots?

Right now I'm just doing my own challenge I made up. I'm playing a male and I am going to have a baby with 100 women. I'm on number 21 so far.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    @SodaGnome in Winderburg are two of them and one where the Myshuno Meadows is.

And there will some in the new EP Cats and Dogs.
  • SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    @SodaGnome in Winderburg are two of them and one where the Myshuno Meadows is.

And there will some in the new EP Cats and Dogs.

Oh great thanks.