Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove crime scene objects?

chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
Does anyone know how to remove this? I just moved a family into an apartment at San Myshuno, played for a little bit, but this crime scene object stays on. I tried the hidden objects and move objects cheat, did not work. It drives me crazy. :(

J49eaJF.png?1

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    It's part of the apartment, like the fireplace in one of the other apartments. I don't think you can remove it. Sorry. :(
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I always cover it with a round rug so I don't have to look at it, but after playing for awhile green "fumes" will come from the area and it'll smell, giving your sims a tense moodlet. You can try to clean it using a mop and sometimes it'll make the smell disappear for a period of time, but it keeps coming back. I don't know if there's a way to make it stop permanently. It gets annoying after awhile.
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Green fumes? Yikes.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Umm.. Once I had a fire and the ground got scorched. And not like, terrain ground, but just the normal default ground. It wouldn't go away so I bulldozed the lot. Do you have a saved version of the apartment without the dead body thingy? You could save that somehow and then bulldoze, and put in the clean version of the floor.

This is how you can save an entire apartment: simscommunity.info/2016/11/06/city-living-how-to-save-apartments-to-the-gallery-intact/

Wait actually can you bulldoze apartments? Idk.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Unfortunately I don't have a saved version of that apartment, but it's a small apartment anyway, I don't mind redoing it.

I did bulldoze that particular apartment and rebuilt it. The only thing about bulldozing an apartment is everything will be gone but the exterior walls, windows and the main door will stay.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I thought we could just click on it and delete it. I know I got rid of it once, but it was back when City Living first came out.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2019
    If anyone is still interested I recently came across this: Spazi's Mods - Removable Body Chalk Outline: https://spazismods.tumblr.com/post/168787221225/removablebuyable-body-chalk-outline
  • GrayLeafYTGrayLeafYT Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ClassicalSim said:
    > I always cover it with a round rug so I don't have to look at it, but after playing for awhile green "fumes" will come from the area and it'll smell, giving your sims a tense moodlet. You can try to clean it using a mop and sometimes it'll make the smell disappear for a period of time, but it keeps coming back. I don't know if there's a way to make it stop permanently. It gets annoying after awhile.

THE TENSE EFFECT IS JUST THE RATS IN THE WALL LOOK closly ON THE WALL THERE SHOULD BE A HOLE AND RATS LIVE THERE TO REMOVE IT GO TO BUILD MODE CLICK ON IT PRESS SELL GO TO LIVE MODE AND THATS IT
  • GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    That Outline is the reason the rent on that apartment is so low. The lore hints at it.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, considering this thread has been inactive for quite a bit I'm going to go ahead and close this off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top