Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Awww shucks, thanks!!! I don't think moderns are my forte, but found looking at pics of real houses on the internet and trying to replicate them gives me my best results.

A very good strategy!
    I (have a stack of "New in Homes" that I seem to never get around to studying.) My best builds have come from trying to recreate buildings from real life. I tend to look at heritage buildings and sites. Not always so useful in the challenges but in Gallery I have a "Brunswick Hotel Toronto", a "Shotgun" house from New Orleans, a 1920's "Swimming Pavilion" from Sunnyside Toronto and a few local Niagara area houses as seen on the street. Not a single one has served for a challenge entry!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Awww shucks, thanks!!! I don't think moderns are my forte, but found looking at pics of real houses on the internet and trying to replicate them gives me my best results.

A very good strategy!
    I (have a stack of "New in Homes" that I seem to never get around to studying.) My best builds have come from trying to recreate buildings from real life. I tend to look at heritage buildings and sites. Not always so useful in the challenges but in Gallery I have a "Brunswick Hotel Toronto", a "Shotgun" house from New Orleans, a 1920's "Swimming Pavilion" from Sunnyside Toronto and a few local Niagara area houses as seen on the street. Not a single one has served for a challenge entry!

I prefer to use the imagination for the challenges, however, I enjoy to make a note of real rooms that I can recreate in The Sims 4 :)
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Ainsleyf, @FoundMarbles and @Valuzza90 - I tend to use images and real houses as inspiration, however, sometimes something will just come to me and I find that these are often the builds I prefer!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2017
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS78 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART V

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited October 2017
    CHALLENGE #79: The Third Sister - Carrie
    FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: 20x20
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 43 481
    TOTAL COST: 44 981
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157661173211708
    LINK TO GALLERY DOWNLOAD: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F455B92FA9AC11E7811C87718D98F3FB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: The distinct feeling I got from this brief was that Carrie loves the outdoor but still wants to feel secure, therefor I built Carrie a log cabin with two security cameras, one in the back and one in the front. The building took most of the cost but it is quite spacious. The reason for this decision was so that Carrie can make changes as her family grows.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A (MOO / DEBUG / SHO)

IhWG3Rw.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @abelhinha35 - Awesome build and a-frame idea! I really like the front planters and the second story patio overlooking the pool! Cool!!
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS78 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART V

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Why do I have to make my homes so large, that I run out of money to finish them?? Been working on a build all day and I really don't think I'm going to do it justice on this budget. Gah!!!
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Your builds are always great, @faithofkaela! I'm sure it'll be fantastic. I always like the budgeted ones although once and a while a really BIG budget is nice!!
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    @NHuband @Ainsleyf @FoundMarbles and @abelhinha35 those are all great builds! It's making me nervous about mine... lol

Also, random. The last time I entered I just needed pictures but now everyone (or almost everyone) seems to have an imgur slideshow. Is that required? Is it the best way to post my pics? Or can I just link to my showcase thread?
    Also, random. The last time I entered I just needed pictures but now everyone (or almost everyone) seems to have an imgur slideshow. Is that required? Is it the best way to post my pics? Or can I just link to my showcase thread?

See page 1 of this thread for more detailed info, I only copied the relevant lines:
    "Your media should include a variety of screenshots to best showcase your entry. Please include at least one clear shot of the main floorplan of the build. If your build has multiple floors, please take a screenshot of each floor. Your media must be in the format of a slideshow, no videos, please."

I hope this helps. IT DOES NOT need to be imgur, people just seem to like that format and it is really user friendly.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

See page 1 of this thread for more detailed info, I only copied the relevant lines:
    "Your media should include a variety of screenshots to best showcase your entry. Please include at least one clear shot of the main floorplan of the build. If your build has multiple floors, please take a screenshot of each floor. Your media must be in the format of a slideshow, no videos, please."

I hope this helps. IT DOES NOT need to be imgur, people just seem to like that format and it is really user friendly.

@oXseashellXo - @FoundMarbles is indeed correct. No, you don't need to create a separate imgur slideshow, we just need to see you media, in whatever format you like! You can, of course, create an imgur slideshow if you wish, it is very user friendly and it also hosts your pictures so that you can post the bbcode here on the forums.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @Ainsleyf and @oXseashellXo. :) Loving everyones take on this challenge. Great builds everyone. <3
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS78 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART V

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks @FoundMarbles and @BuildnShare I did look at the first post with all the rules, but it was so long that I must've missed the information about pictures :neutral: it was nice of you guys to help out :smiley:

• LaydeeceeLaydeecee Posts: 11 New Member
    > @FoundMarbles said:
    > @Laydeecee Love the court yard, it is so very appropriate, and the exterior is very reminiscent of middle east housing! Well done!

>
    > This round seems to have brought out the best in everybody! :)

Thank you-I don't usually participate in group things like this, but everybody has been so kind and helpful-I really want to do it again ( just wish I could make my own links :-) )
    edited October 2017
    FORUM ID: @FaithofKaela
    ORIGIN ID: @FaithofKaela
    LOT: Carrie's Craftsman
    LOT COST: $2,500
    BUILD COST: $42,309
    TOTAL COST: $44,809
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UpHJa
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome Home! This 1BR/1BA home has been decorated with earth tones as per the client's request. It has an open plan living space, containing kitchen, dining area and double height living space. The double height tower could always be converted, should the client wish to expand in the future. The master bedroom features an en-suite as requested and houses both a shower and freestanding bath. It has a fenced in pool area to the rear.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always :smiley:
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    zA3G59O.jpg

COpqZth.jpg
    Laydeecee wrote: »
    >
    Thank you-I don't usually participate in group things like this, but everybody has been so kind and helpful-I really want to do it again ( just wish I could make my own links :-) )

I know exactly how you feel, commenting on a few posts will hasten your advent to full membership. In the mean time people on the thread will always make your links go live. It only took me a short time. I joined the site on the last day of January and I think I'd made the grade in about a week to 10 days. According to my profile page I've only visited the forum about 40 times since Jan 30. I do love how supportive these threads are and helpful other Simers are.

You do wonderful builds so stay with it! :smiley:
    edited October 2017
    Laydeecee wrote: »
    >

I know exactly how you feel, commenting on a few posts will hasten your advent to full membership. In the mean time people on the thread will always make your links go live. It only took me a short time. I joined the site on the last day of January and I think I'd made the grade in about a week to 10 days. According to my profile page I've only visited the forum about 40 times since Jan 30. I do love how supportive these threads are and helpful other Simers are.

You do wonderful builds so stay with it! :smiley:
    @Laydeecee - Yep, just keep commenting and you'll be a full member in no time! And I agree with @FoundMarbles, would love to see more of your builds, as they are all stunning :smiley:

Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Hi all! :)
    I have been pretty quiet lately in this forum (and thread) but now it's time to post another entry. I hope that is okay.
    I've been playing the "Off the Grid" challenge, lots of fun, I recommend it :) but I sneak in here now and then to see what's up. I started a few previous challenges but didn't get them ready on time. :( I especially liked the diamond one.
    Anyway, my entry:

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID:Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID:Mannanna
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A86BB677ABA111E785A67AE2CCA11599?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Mannanna&max=50&maxis=false
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Safe In The City
    LOT COST:$1,500
    BUILD COST: $43,497
    TOTAL COST: $ $ 44,997 ( I used up every penny, haha )
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/2tUU0
    ENTRY DETAILS: I pictured Carrie as some sort of celebrity gone broke but still wanting it all. Thus she got high security guarding against fans, and two closets for all her different outfits. Crappy appliances cause she probably won't cook anyway and if she did she wouldn't notice the difference :) The house is decorated to her specs in browns and ocra with red splashes.
    Upstairs can be divided into more bedrooms if need be.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    XlkQtl3.png?1
    j0S68cA.png

Now off to look at the other entries!
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Oooh, all the houses look so beautiful! I was really struggling with the budget and now I look enviously at all the pretty interiors. ...and I totally forgot about that security camera. That wallpaper you used is so crazy and I never use it but you make it work so nicely @FaithofKaela ,love your interior.

• jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    FORUM ID: Oliana
    ORIGIN ID: jadeiam
    LOT: The Hawthorne House
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 42,938
    TOTAL COST: 44,938
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Hawthorne House
    ENTRY DETAILS: Beautiful earthen tones lend this little house a serenity you will love. Open plan living dining and kitchen, large windows for natural light, one bedroom, one and a half bath, pool, security system and outdoor lounge area. Peaceful house for the single or coupled simling.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    k112bJt.png
    ewhB7z6.png
    edited October 2017
    FORUM ID: oXseashellXo
    ORIGIN ID: oXseashellXo
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/74D35A7DAB1511E783F787718D98F3FB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=oxseashellxo&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,500
    BUILD COST: $42,492
    TOTAL COST: $44,992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Kdjjl
    ENTRY DETAILS: Secure Patio is an eclectic, eco friendly home. The exterior is comprised of reclaimed wood and pre-fabricated stone (prefabricated stone is better for the environment because it requires less mining.) The earthy interiors have a nature theme with brown and green as the primary colors - green is sometimes considered a neutral (especially when combined with brown, as in nature brown soil grows green grass). The open concept living/ kitchen/ dining area has a bar, a bass (guitar) and plenty of comfortable seating for large parties all warmed by the grand fireplace. A half bath is located near the large kitchen area. The master suite has a very soft and natural color palate for relaxing nights after crazy days. The luxurious master bath has a separate room for the toilet, and a half wall separating the sink from the soaker tub. The only access to the private patio is through the security room where Carrie can conduct background checks on all sims who wish to enter. Red arrows indicate sims must leave as access is denied and green arrows lead to the large earthy patio if sims are allowed access. The patio features a large pool, a bubble blower, a basketball court, and a dining area. The house is placed on a 20x40 lot, but only needs 20x30 lot space currently. This is for the future expansion. I recommend enlarging the pictures in the slideshow (they are sized to fill a desktop screen).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

LrUbKMF.jpg

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS79

The deadline for this challenge is 11th October 2017
    Post edited by oXseashellXo on
    Oh wow! I love how everyone's builds are turning out!

@FaithofKaela that craftsman style home is very well organized! I really like the multi-story living area.

@mannanna I really like how you have multiple stories on this budget! I had a hard time fitting everything into my little one story home and staying in budget. That must've been difficult, but you pulled it off!

@Oliana your build is very will done! the colors are really pretty and the kitchen is the perfect size. I also really like how you've laid out all of the rooms, it's a really creative space saving layout!

I dunno if I'm gonna enter again for a while. It took me 2 days to build the house and then more than a week to work through the pictures and slideshow! I kept going through the pictures and finding one tiny little thing that I wanted to change, (like the coffee table or the terrain paint). Then I'd have to delete all my old pictures and take all new pictures with the new item/small change... It was so frustrating! I am really impressed by everyone that enters these challenges consistently, it's a lot of hard work!
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry:

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: expert
    LOT: Cocoa
    LOT COST: 2,000 (Asphalt Abodes at Newcrest)
    BUILD COST: 42,929
    TOTAL COST: 44,929
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mU8BF
    ENTRY DETAILS: I try to keep the same idea from the band challenge (the first and only one I have from this sisters). Carrie's room was brown at my house so I used that color as the main one. Also the name Cocoa evoques a a definite taste, sometimes bitter, but that can be cozy and sweet. Cocoa is a house designed for Carrie, a member of a band. As I remember for the first challenge, she loves brown, play the bass and likes to exercise. So all this activities are available at Cocoa (not bass but a guitar). Also she can have parties or band hangouts, but at the same time she can take a break and relax. Music is everywhere. There is only one entrance to the house with a surveillance camera. It is an illuminated house, but the windows are placed to avoid lurkers. It is a modern house with modern interiors but with an eco touch to make the ensemble more cozy (and less modern I hope lol).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

2tfzaBv.png
    11DY91Q.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top