Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what was the best mods conflict detector?

As the title says.. I need a program to check if my mods are still up to date and if they are conflicting with eachother or the version of the game. I dont remember what i was using cause it has been a while.

Help highly appreciated!

Comments

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @FurSimsOriginal mod conflict manager has helped me in the past for ts4.
    http://modthesims.info/d/561550
  • iEllaLouiseiEllaLouise Posts: 55 Member
    I've never used Mods. Do they break your game? my friend just downloaded the serial killer mod and it messed up her game and she lost all her saves. I wanted to make my own post about this but apparently I need to comment on more threads before making my own..?
    Please let me know is it really worth the risk?
    Also if it messes up my game I can uninstall and reinstall it right and that will reset my game to normal and without the mods?
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I've never used Mods. Do they break your game? my friend just downloaded the serial killer mod and it messed up her game and she lost all her saves. I wanted to make my own post about this but apparently I need to comment on more threads before making my own..?
    Also if it messes up my game I can uninstall and reinstall it right and that will reset my game to normal and without the mods?

I have always used mods. If you dont use mods that change gameplay, you dont have to worry so much. Sometimes mods can be outdates, yes. So once in a while i check it with the mod conflictor, but you will know that soon enough in your game.

I make my own mods too and check them before uploading on my website. I also have a tab there for simmer to report it if theres something wrong with it somehow. That makes everything better for smooth game :)
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I have that mod, I haven’t had any pobrlems with it.

When getting a new mod, especially one that changes gameplay, it’s good to backup your saves just in case. (Just a copy the folder to the desktop)

So if you have any problems, remove the mod and put your old saves that you copied back in the game. Or if it’s a really bad bug, you can uninstall it and reinstall it before putting your saves back.
    Hope I made sense
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    > @iEllaLouise said:
    > I've never used Mods. Do they break your game? my friend just downloaded the serial killer mod and it messed up her game and she lost all her saves. I wanted to make my own post about this but apparently, I need to comment on more threads before making my own..?
    > Please let me know is it really worth the risk?
    > Also if it messes up my game I can uninstall and reinstall it right and that will reset my game to normal and without the mods?

I can't imagine playing without mods now. I use to play without any mods. I think my mods are worth the risk. I scan everything as soon as I download it. I go to good sites and I love playing with mods. If you decide to use mods make sure you keep them up to date especially after any major updates that Origins is quite fond of giving us. I would recommend Deaderpool's MC Command Center if you wanted to try out a good mod to see if you like it or not. I was hesitant at first but it was the first mod I ever installed and keeps me from trying to remember all the cheat codes for the game I use. I keep it up to date and love it. I have never had any troubles with this mod. It's worth I think.

I haven't tried the Serial Killer mod since I don't have any evil Sims but have heard it's a cool mod.

If you have Origins you should be able to reinstall the game on to your computer.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    @FurSimsOriginal mod conflict manager has helped me in the past for ts4.
    http://modthesims.info/d/561550

Thanks for that link. Does it also check for "bad" CC? Like something that might cause the game to crash? Or just for mods that conflict with one another or don't match the current version? I haven't updated to the current patch yet because it is 15Gb and I don't have that much bandwidth left in my billing period-- I have to wait until April 12 to update.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @Suceress it only checks for mods that conflict with each other. If you are worried about broken Mods you can always check the category for Mods Bugs & Issues, there is usually a thread for the latest patch that lists broken mods/cc. @luthienrising hosts the threads and she is really great at keeping track of what Mods are broken and subsequently updated. The thread will also contain information on broken CC and whether or not you need to batch fix with Sims 4 Studio.

The March patch did not have any reported issues. The last patch with problems was the February patch for Jungle Adventure. You can peruse that thread here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018/p1
  • annieh79annieh79 Posts: 13 New Member
    thr mod conflictor dector will not connect to my pc at all how to fix it
    annieh79 wrote: »
    thr mod conflictor dector will not connect to my pc at all how to fix it

I get an error saying that the Mod cannot connect to the server but, I still get a pop-up for scan settings, despite the error. When I choose scan, the program works fine.
  • Lyria_Aracka33Lyria_Aracka33 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks, to all, this was very helpful, but i still can't figure out how it works. I installed it as i would with a normal mod. Is that wrong?? please let me know, Thanks again.
    Thanks, to all, this was very helpful, but i still can't figure out how it works. I installed it as i would with a normal mod. Is that wrong?? please let me know, Thanks again.

I have seen mixed reports as to whether this is still working but, this is the most recent version of the MCD: https://ts4-package-conflict-detector.software.informer.com/amp/1.9/

Please delete the version you have and download this one instead. Do not place it in your Mod's folder. Place it on your desktop. It will not work if it is anywhere inside the Sims 4 folder.
    edited June 2019
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

I have seen mixed reports as to whether this is still working but, this is the most recent version of the MCD: https://ts4-package-conflict-detector.software.informer.com/amp/1.9/

Please delete the version you have and download this one instead. Do not place it in your Mod's folder. Place it on your desktop. It will not work if it is anywhere inside the Sims 4 folder.

There is also a version by Scumbumbo that appears to be working. Please read the entire page before downloading. Again, do not place this inside the Mod's folder and be sure to I've the other version you installed.
    http://modthesims.info/d/618042/ts4-package-searcher-windows-only.html