Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    UPDATE ON GRANDBABY NUMBER TEN: As those who read my latest thread may recall, there was a scare that grandbaby number ten is a Down Syndrome Baby. My daughter had to see a Geneticist today, and have yet another sonogram. Turns out, BABY is just fine. She appears to be a girl, but like my son-in-law said, it's too soon to know that. The odd part of it is, there is a problem with the DNA. It's just not the baby's DNA that has the issue. My daughter has some kind of anomaly on one of a pair of her genes, and only a small segment at that. They will continue to monitor the baby's heart, to be on the safe side, because should there be a problem, my daughter won't be able to have the child where she had the last two babies, but at the University, instead.

I just can't tell you how relieved I am. The baby would have been well-loved and welcome regardless, but like I may have mentioned, it's already quite a full household. God is surely gracious. Thank you for allowing me to share our news. :)

Hello @GalacticGal
    It was good and a relief to hear that the baby doesn’t have Downs Syndrome. The baby would have been very special and a very much loved part of the household. if they did have this, but it is great that the new child will not have the accompanying health issues.
    I am sorry that there is an issue with your daughters DNA and an anomaly with one of her genes. I hope that the doctors will be able to assist her with this, and what it means. It is good that the medical people are monitoring the heart of the little baby and keeping a watchful eye on your daughter and baby’s health.
    I send hugs to you <3 Thankyou very much for updating us. Please keep letting us know how the pregnancy is going.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    @GalacticGal, i'm happy because you feel so relieved, and i hope both mum and baby continue to be healthy and safe! :)

@MadameLee... i am enraged to hear that your mother hit you. that is just... i mean, if she lost her patience she should have just walked away. it's not your fault she doesn't know no self control. i also can't travel on my own for different issues; i am scared to do so, but i promise, packing is quite easy when you stick to the basics. i am sorry you can't just go on your own, to avoid the plum up situation you had to go through.

@fewlines it's just with these trips I supposedly "constantly" complain and then I complain some more when I get home because I'm hungry, or in today's case (this year we didn't have anybody staying in the house during the time we're away) so we turned off the taps but DAD thought it was more important to get the stupid windows opened then me getting actually good TAP water out of the tap after a 2 weeks and a bit of having bottled water, pop, and very little tea-- you can't drink out of the tap in China and when you think we been up since 3:30am Tuesday China time, and it's 6pm North America time and it's the same Tuesday as well. Dad complained every time a situation got screwed up- the trip to Ying Ching where we're supposed to get on a cruise but heavy rain and fog made us stop in Wuhan for the night-and when we were getting our luggage in Wuhan we were at X carousel but it was on Y carousel instead. Then there's was the issue when we were heading to Bejing from Chongquing- that we first started in one line but it was for part of the other group and then we headed into the correct line but then we had to move to another counter. But today when we got to our North America city airport-we were suppose to call a guy to pick us up but when Mom called he was still in hospital and Dad said the f- word twice today. The other time was trying to figure out the custom machine w/ no employees to help.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hi Rosemow,

Just barging in to say I think it's amazing you're still so committed to your threat! Last time I was here was somewhere around page 260! It's lovely what you do for everyone :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Hi Rosemow,

Just barging in to say I think it's amazing you're still so committed to your threat! Last time I was here was somewhere around page 260! It's lovely what you do for everyone :)

Hello @SjappielovePaul :)
    Thankyou very much for your very kind and thoughtful words. I send a hug to you <3
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @GalacticGal, i'm happy because you feel so relieved, and i hope both mum and baby continue to be healthy and safe! :)

@MadameLee... i am enraged to hear that your mother hit you. that is just... i mean, if she lost her patience she should have just walked away. it's not your fault she doesn't know no self control. i also can't travel on my own for different issues; i am scared to do so, but i promise, packing is quite easy when you stick to the basics. i am sorry you can't just go on your own, to avoid the plum up situation you had to go through.

@fewlines it's just with these trips I supposedly "constantly" complain and then I complain some more when I get home because I'm hungry, or in today's case (this year we didn't have anybody staying in the house during the time we're away) so we turned off the taps but DAD thought it was more important to get the plum windows opened then me getting actually good TAP water out of the tap after a 2 weeks and a bit of having bottled water, pop, and very little tea-- you can't drink out of the tap in China and when you think we been up since 3:30am Tuesday China time, and it's 6pm North America time and it's the same Tuesday as well. Dad complained every time a situation got screwed up- the trip to Ying Ching where we're supposed to get on a cruise but heavy rain and fog made us stop in Wuhan for the night-and when we were getting our luggage in Wuhan we were at X carousel but it was on Y carousel instead. Then there's was the issue when we were heading to Bejing from Chongquing- that we first started in one line but it was for part of the other group and then we headed into the correct line but then we had to move to another counter. But today when we got to our North America city airport-we were suppose to call a guy to pick us up but when Mom called he was still in hospital and Dad said the f- word twice today. The other time was trying to figure out the custom machine w/ no employees to help.

I am sorry that you had these issues on your trip and since coming home @MadameLee
    Travelling and being in another country is very tiring and can be very stressful, and the differing hours can also be upsetting on your body. It is not good when things occur that are unplanned and difficulties arise. There was quite few things that occurred on your trip that didn’t go as first planned.
    I hope that after a rest , you and your family may feel a little better.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    @rosemow and @MadameLee i know the feeling of traveling to other countrys the worst part is recovering from the time lag since i think china is a 12 hour diffrence in time i remember back in 2010 i went to rome with my mom we took a fligh montreal paris and we had a layover in paris where we change plane for a flight from paris to rome we had not sleep the night during the flight, not only that we also had to wait 3 hours at the rome airport since they had forgoten or luggage in paris we got them on the next flight but still we had a long flight and we where tiered so the first night we went to eat and then went straigh to bed and sleep 12 hours.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    @rosemow and @MadameLee i know the feeling of traveling to other countrys the worst part is recovering from the time lag since i think china is a 12 hour diffrence in time i remember back in 2010 i went to rome with my mom we took a fligh montreal paris and we had a layover in paris where we change plane for a flight from paris to rome we had not sleep the night during the flight, not only that we also had to wait 3 hours at the rome airport since they had forgoten or luggage in paris we got them on the next flight but still we had a long flight and we where tiered so the first night we went to eat and then went straigh to bed and sleep 12 hours.

Hello :)
    Recovering from jet lag is very tiring. It can take a few days for your body to adjust back to the new time, and also to recover from the travelling itself, and all the things that you have done whilst away. Travellers are kept busy and on the go , when on a trip away, and this can be tiring on your mind and body, even though it is enjoyable and fun at the same time.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    UPDATE ON GRANDBABY NUMBER TEN: As those who read my latest thread may recall, there was a scare that grandbaby number ten is a Down Syndrome Baby. My daughter had to see a Geneticist today, and have yet another sonogram. Turns out, BABY is just fine. She appears to be a girl, but like my son-in-law said, it's too soon to know that. The odd part of it is, there is a problem with the DNA. It's just not the baby's DNA that has the issue. My daughter has some kind of anomaly on one of a pair of her genes, and only a small segment at that. They will continue to monitor the baby's heart, to be on the safe side, because should there be a problem, my daughter won't be able to have the child where she had the last two babies, but at the University, instead.

I just can't tell you how relieved I am. The baby would have been well-loved and welcome regardless, but like I may have mentioned, it's already quite a full household. God is surely gracious. Thank you for allowing me to share our news. :)

Hello @GalacticGal
    It was good and a relief to hear that the baby doesn’t have Downs Syndrome. The baby would have been very special and a very much loved part of the household. if they did have this, but it is great that the new child will not have the accompanying health issues.
    I am sorry that there is an issue with your daughters DNA and an anomaly with one of her genes. I hope that the doctors will be able to assist her with this, and what it means. It is good that the medical people are monitoring the heart of the little baby and keeping a watchful eye on your daughter and baby’s health.
    I send hugs to you <3 Thankyou very much for updating us. Please keep letting us know how the pregnancy is going.

Thank you, Everyone for all of your support. Means so very much.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @rosemow and @friendlysimmers my issue is I want to be able to go on OTHER future trips w/ my parents but Mom said because of my behaviour I'm "not" but I can't travel on my own, nor can I stay home by myself. Technically, Dad kind of needs me if he's taking the notepad computer w/ them. Because majority of the time he doesn't know how to get connected to the internet at places. I mean Mom literally threw my suitcase and my travel backpack AND my shoes out the door because she was "sick" of me-but I have no where and its even harder when my only money card would still be in the darn house.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @rosemow and @friendlysimmers my issue is I want to be able to go on OTHER future trips w/ my parents but Mom said because of my behaviour I'm "not" but I can't travel on my own, nor can I stay home by myself. Technically, Dad kind of needs me if he's taking the notepad computer w/ them. Because majority of the time he doesn't know how to get connected to the internet at places. I mean Mom literally threw my suitcase and my travel backpack AND my shoes out the door because she was "sick" of me-but I have no where and its even harder when my only money card would still be in the darn house.

Hello @MadameLee
    Your mother shouldn’t have thrown your items out the door. It was not very nice to do that. It sounds like though that she is feeling very stressed and tired after the travelling and being away, and is suffering jet lag, and it is affecting what she is saying and doing. She may not mean that the next time your family travels you are not going to be allowed to travel with them. She is just feeling upset at the moment. She knows and understands that you are unable to travel on your own or remain home alone. After a night’s sleep, the situation may be completely different. She then may regret what she said and did , and instead want you to be a part of future trips. Try getting some sleep now, and see how the situation goes tomorrow.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    @MadameLee, i think that if your parents know you need tap water (i mean, it's not like you're strangers, they have to know this) they should have taken care of that first. it's not rocket science to turn the taps back on, for 🐸🐸🐸🐸's sake. and if your mother is "sick of you" and is keen on throwing your stuff around... well, who would want to travel with her anyway, with that attitude.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    @MadameLee, i think that if your parents know you need tap water (i mean, it's not like you're strangers, they have to know this) they should have taken care of that first. it's not rocket science to turn the taps back on, for plum's sake. and if your mother is "sick of you" and is keen on throwing your stuff around... well, who would want to travel with her anyway, with that attitude.

I was thinking the exact same thing! I really can understand @MadameLee's frustration with her parents. I'm disabled, 31 years old, and still have to live at home. I haven't really gotten along with my mother for twenty years so it's frustrating.
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Ever hear the term "when it rains, it pours?" Well, my life seems to be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 flooding. This whole year has been crisis after crisis and I just want a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 break. I've had surgery, got an infection from said surgery, almost bleed out and had to have a tranfusion, and thats just the healtj bs. Never mind my roommate 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me and my fiancee over with the rent, fear of losing our place, fear of my fiancee losing his job because of his health issues, Fear we wont have enough money to pay the bills, his car being totaled, literally a day after that the car his father gave him not starting because of the key getting stuck and him needing a locksmith and finally, him putting in a two week notice for fear of getting fired. The car stuff was just this week, all back to back to back. We've had help, thank god, but it just feels like we get through one crisis and another pops and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 everyhting up. I just want to relax. And i wanted to vent because I've been keeping this all in. So yeah.
    Ever hear the term "when it rains, it pours?" Well, my life seems to be plum flooding. This whole year has been crisis after crisis and I just want a plum break. I've had surgery, got an infection from said surgery, almost bleed out and had to have a tranfusion, and thats just the healtj plum. Never mind my roommate plum me and my fiancee over with the rent, fear of losing our place, fear of my fiancee losing his job because of his health issues, Fear we wont have enough money to pay the bills, his car being totaled, literally a day after that the car his father gave him not starting because of the key getting stuck and him needing a locksmith and finally, him putting in a two week notice for fear of getting fired. The car stuff was just this week, all back to back to back. We've had help, thank god, but it just feels like we get through one crisis and another pops and plum everyhting up. I just want to relax. And i wanted to vent because I've been keeping this all in. So yeah.

Oh hun, this I get!

I've had a sh.tstorm life the past couple of years. Last month things were looking up, I finally found a college that fits me. Last sunday I got sick. Sore throat. Monday it escalated into throat inflammation and today both my ears followed. It's like bad luck just clings on people. And you don't even know why, because you work so hard!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    @fewlines @Evenstar606 mostly she's able to keep her cool-she's not always loosing her cool like today normally (like today) it's me loosing my cool. But the fact the entire water system was OFF because there was no one in the house from Sept 16 til today. According to Dad it takes awhile for the water heater thing to turn on, including him having to heat up a rag to turn the value on.
    6adMCGP.gif
    Ever hear the term "when it rains, it pours?" Well, my life seems to be plum flooding. This whole year has been crisis after crisis and I just want a plum break. I've had surgery, got an infection from said surgery, almost bleed out and had to have a tranfusion, and thats just the healtj plum. Never mind my roommate plum me and my fiancee over with the rent, fear of losing our place, fear of my fiancee losing his job because of his health issues, Fear we wont have enough money to pay the bills, his car being totaled, literally a day after that the car his father gave him not starting because of the key getting stuck and him needing a locksmith and finally, him putting in a two week notice for fear of getting fired. The car stuff was just this week, all back to back to back. We've had help, thank god, but it just feels like we get through one crisis and another pops and plum everyhting up. I just want to relax. And i wanted to vent because I've been keeping this all in. So yeah.

Hello @Misa_wants_Pepsi
    I send big hugs to you <3 I am so sorry that this year has held so many upsetting and hard times for you. It has been a very stressful and worrying time for you with your health issues and surgery, with money issues, and with your fears for your fiancée over his job. I am so sorry that you have had the car issues. It is added concerns on top of everything else that your life has been holding.
    It is good to express how you are feeling and what you have been going through in your life. It helps you inside. I hope that the way ahead is more smoother and that you won’t have difficulties arise. I hope that your fiancée finds more work that suits him better with his health.
    I send another hug to you <3
    @fewlines @Evenstar606 mostly she's able to keep her cool-she's not always loosing her cool like today normally (like today) it's me loosing my cool. But the fact the entire water system was OFF because there was no one in the house from Sept 16 til today. According to Dad it takes awhile for the water heater thing to turn on, including him having to heat up a rag to turn the value on.

Yeah, I understand! Stress sucks and it can bring out the worst in people. My mom has been stressed for the last year and a half because we had a major thing happen in the family. It's over now, but people are still trying to deal with it. Yeah, after being turned off, the water heater will take a while to heat up again.

Oh hun, this I get!

I've had a sh.tstorm life the past couple of years. Last month things were looking up, I finally found a college that fits me. Last sunday I got sick. Sore throat. Monday it escalated into throat inflammation and today both my ears followed. It's like bad luck just clings on people. And you don't even know why, because you work so hard!

Hello @SjappielovePaul
    I hope that your throat and ears feel a bit better very soon <3 Ear Issues can make you feel quite ill and dizzy,
    edited October 2017
    @Misa_wants_Pepsi and @SjappielovePaul, i'm so sorry. i also think bad luck does stick.

@MadameLee, okay, so if he said the heater takes some time to start working, which i get... he should have started on that first thing.

Yeah, I understand! Stress plum and it can bring out the worst in people. My mom has been stressed for the last year and a half because we had a major thing happen in the family. It's over now, but people are still trying to deal with it. Yeah, after being turned off, the water heater will take a while to heat up again.

But Dad was more impairment for all the windows to be opened then wanting to turn the water heater on. So is it any wonder I screamed almost like the little girl from the Descibale Me movies because Dad wasn't doing anything about the tap (he wanted me to get some from the stupid fridge which I finally ended up doing because to me it would take a month before Dad got the water on
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited October 2017
    @MadameLee... oh man... he could have opened one window, if he felt like he was in a fish tank or something... why wasn't water more important?
    @MadameLee... oh man... he could have opened one window, if he felt like he was in a fish tank or something... why wasn't water more important?

Yeah, or he could have turned the water on while MadameLee and her mom opened windows. Getting two things done at once!
    exactly!
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member

Oh hun, this I get!

Exactly! It feels like I've like angered the gods or something, or broke a mirror. I'm sorry about your throat and ears, did you see a doctor about it? I hope it gets better.

@rosemow Thank you for the Kind words. I really hope things get better soon. really

Oh hun, this I get!

Exactly! It feels like I've like angered the gods or something, or broke a mirror. I'm sorry about your throat and ears, did you see a doctor about it? I hope it gets better.

@rosemow Thank you for the Kind words. I really hope things get better soon. really

At this moment it seems to still get worse. Apparently in the last hour I developed a nasty cough :/ luckily the doctor is following the case closely. This week the contact will probably be on a daily base! It sucks to be sick now though, I'm done with sitting at home doing nothing but 'getting better' and I have important classes to attend. I want to get further in my life after a few stagnant years.

But I'm sure I'll fight through again :) and seeing what you've been through, I'm sure you're strong enough to fight through again as well!

Thanks @rosemow for your sweet words again :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top