Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches

mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I miss playing Witches. They were really the only thing I cared about in any Supernatural pack
I wouldn't mind seeing just a Witch pack.
Here are some of my ideas. My apologies if this has been discussed before.
Is anyone else really wanting witches back, like me? What would you like to see your Witchy Sims be able to do?

Some of my current ideas
  • I want my kitty to be a familar
  • I'd like them to beable to manipulate the crystals you find in the game
  • Make crystal mood jewelry
  • Makes potion
  • Can become an Empath and manipulate others moods
  • Can plant medicinal herbs.

Comments

• RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    Witches would be fun as long as they are not evil..
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    They should add moon phases and the phase could help or let you do certain rituals and spells
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I want a Wizard of Oz type of World with Witches.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Romzarah wrote: »

IMO Witches would be really fun when they're evil >:)
    a256aFi.gif
  • adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    I wait only for Witches and the weather, these are the only reasons why I do not play Sims 4)
    I would like the magic of voodoo and Bayou world for witches and yes, we should have a choice as in vampires, a good or very evil witch*.*
    giphy.gif
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

I agree with you there. ^^

I would love them be able to use the cluck like a chicken spell again like in TS2 Apartment life. Always funny to watch.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    adele_kat wrote: »
    I wait only for Witches and the weather, these are the only reasons why I do not play Sims 4)
    I would like the magic of voodoo and Bayou world for witches and yes, we should have a choice as in vampires, a good or very evil witch*.*

Yes! I loved having my witches live in Twinbrook in TS4. I'd be so on board with voodoo or hoodoo. maybe your sim can learn to raise the dead?
    Commune with spirts.
    Have a fortune teller career
    Or a 'Neighborhood Witch' Aspiration that requires you scare neighborhood children. Maybe spooky trees on the lot can add to magical abilities, providing boosts.
    ok sorry for the ramble. :)
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member

Yes! I'd like to have the option of having an evil witch as well.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2017
    Only thing is I really hope they don't call males warlocks. I always hated seeing "good warlock " etc, considering the word warlock literally translated to oath breaker. They're considered scum or coven betrayers. In some lore they even sould their souls to demons for more power.

No such thing as a good warlock. A male witch is simply referred to as a Witch. The term witch is gender neutral, so are the terms Mages and Wizards. That's actually a pet peeve about Harry Potter. Witchcraft and Wizardy are two completely different types of magic.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would rather have a MAGIC pack. This would allow us to make any type of magical creature we want, be it witch, genie, fairy, wizard, etc. With the same powers system as vampires where you earn stronger and more in depth power with experience, it could be a lot of fun. Some could have magic naturally, some could use spells from herbs and/or ingredients, some could use runes, etc. IMO, an over all MAGIC pack will give us much more flexibility to create anything we want.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had an inappropriate witch family in TS3, a mother and son. There was a nephew in the family who was a clumsy witch, boy was he funny with his misfiring spells. I think he was my favorite. I like to play them with all different personalities whether they be good, evil, or mischievous. I liked learning the spells and mixing potions.
  • JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    Honestly, what I would like in witches would be something similar to vampires but instead of things being unlocked at certain levels, witches have branches of magic they can learn. There could be a generic magic path and then there can be branches of magic, several if there can be. Maybe the generic branch if kinda elemental with fire and water, but then you have garden magic which deals with plants and potions, healing magic that helps Sims with healing and health, death magic which deals with manipulating ghosts and dead things in general, stuff like that.

Ideally, no magic would be locked behind being "good" or "evil", like in Sims 2, but rather the spells they use can be used for good or evil. Maybe that healing witch can cure themselves of sickness by transferring it to another Sim or a death witch can help reunite a granddaughter and her grandmother by summoning a ghost or a garden witch can cure or poison. It all depends.

And imagine if people came to your Sim, knowing that they have magic, and ask for favors or pay your Sim to make potions or whatever. Maybe they'll gain a reputation for being a helpful witch, maybe they'll have a reputation for doing bad. Good witches get gifts, bad witches may have to deal with angry Sims who'll bring around mobs to fight them.

Then of course, maybe you can have high magic and low magic? Like, there's spells that only witches can do but then you have charms and stuff regular Sims can do. Maybe witch Sims can make and sell these charms or a regular Sim can research and make their own. It can add uses to collectibles, like the gems and flowers. Get a quartz and some roses, put them together and BAM! A pouch that makes flirting easier or whatever. Has three charges before it's gone. Maybe witches make it last longer, maybe regular Sims fail more often when making such stuff.
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

I agree with you there. ^^

I would love them be able to use the cluck like a chicken spell again like in TS2 Apartment life. Always funny to watch.

As long as players have the choice as to good or evil fine.. Otherwise, another GP not worth my money..
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    And gingerbread-house type items for you to build cottages for your witches... and hollow trees. OMG someone get the devs in here right now I need this :scream:
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I miss the neighborhood and the duells from Making magic. The neighborhood was so magical and different! Also, if you don't know about it, there was a stage for two witches to duell. You chose the spells your witch was using and depending on the spells (based on your magical abilities) and the amount of power you had, you either won or lost. I would LOVE this. I like that vampires can do sparring, but would prefer to be able to control the outcome more.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Different personality traits affecting the spells you can learn.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Different personality traits affecting the spells you can learn.

Traits having more impact on game play is always welcome in my game. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    They should add moon phases and the phase could help or let you do certain rituals and spells

I would love to have moon phase game play.
    Zombies ruined it for me in TS3. I refused to allow full moon phases in order to avoid zombie spawns.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I miss the neighborhood and the duells from Making magic. The neighborhood was so magical and different! Also, if you don't know about it, there was a stage for two witches to duell. You chose the spells your witch was using and depending on the spells (based on your magical abilities) and the amount of power you had, you either won or lost. I would LOVE this. I like that vampires can do sparring, but would prefer to be able to control the outcome more.

I would love to have magic duels in the game :smile:
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    And gingerbread-house type items for you to build cottages for your witches... and hollow trees. OMG someone get the devs in here right now I need this :scream:

A dark version of sweet treats would be rad