Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #193 SOLSTICE SHOWDOWN HAVE BEEN POSTED.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited September 2017
    @ciane love that double garage door! Very spaceous for the growing fam :)

Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I'm going to start building mine today!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I have built a craftsman for #194 but need to resize the screneshots I will use for the media and for the exchange item. Hope to get to that tomorrow (or rather later today). :)

Here is the front view
    GjIVAcV.jpg

and the back view
    Bcch8sW.jpg
  • noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member

@cwaddell I like it! Just wondering are the windows and doors custom content?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Very pretty. Love the Colors, @cwaddell!

Thank you.
    noisybrain wrote: »
    @cwaddell I like it! Just wondering are the windows and doors custom content?

Thank you. Yes the windows, doors, fireplace and fireplace cabinets are Grant Park custom content by B5 Studio here.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #194 - The Hawthorne Project

NAME: cwaddell

LINK TO LOT: Craftsman, 3 bed 2 bath

LINK TO MEDIA: my build thread

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: NA

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20X20 lot in Dragon Valley. Cost is $42,519. (Cost is less so that any EA replacements for the CC will keep the total under $45,000.)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This modern house was inspired by the Craftsman houses built in California during the early 20th century. I built it on a 20X20 lot in Dragon Valley so that it could be placed on many sized lots in other towns. It has a large front porch with a chess table and rocking chairs so that the sims can easily socialize with any neighbors who walk by. There is a small back porch for easy access to the perfect garden plants in the back yard. Down stairs there is a greatroom with the living room on one side of the stairs to the second floor and the kitchen/dining room on the other side. In the back is a bathroom for easy clean up after gardening. Upstairs there is a bathroom, a master bedroom and two children's bedrooms.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: B5 Studio for items from their Grant Park craftsman collection

edited September 2017

NAME: noisybrain

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9143502

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/noisybrain/library/BnS194 The Hawthorne Project

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: family link will be posted soon
    Media link is the same as above

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, Starlight Shores, $44,995

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    The main floor living area of this adorable home features an open concept plan for the kitchen/living/dining room, 3 bedrooms including a master with an en suite bathroom and a large main bathroom with a shower/bath combo. Head upstairs to find a family lounge area large enough to accommodate an easel, a chess board and two chairs, a work area with a desk and computer, a bookcase and chair, and a workout area so our Sims can spend time together as well as increase skills. Also tucked away upstairs is a teen hangout/music room with plenty of room for a quick jam session or just hanging out. Outside living is simple with a dual swing set for the children and a partially fenced garden for the green thumb in the family.
    Included in the pictures are the Davies, the first family to take part in the Hawthorne Legacy.
    I left some walls bare so Randy can fill them up with his art (and I had to alleviate some of the budget, boy did I hit it lol.)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no cc only store content

Oh, it's gorgeous @noisybrain and I absolutely love how small, yet uncluttered and efficient it seems for routing. An absolutely awesome exterior with nice landscaping and layout as well!

@cwaddell - Thank you for the link to the doors and windows. I am sucker for good windows and doors and like to put package forms into my cc games for myself. These are awesome!

Rec'd both of them and enjoyed looking through all the pics.
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ok here goes, I was going for something different. Started out as only one floor, but that slowly changed as I found myself running out of room. So I hope this one is better, I tried to take more photos.

NAME: djsdragongirl (Leah)

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9143700

LINK TO MEDIA: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3CBCBY

36692778854_69e38f33a0_h.jpgScreenshot-101 Davies Home Hawthorne Project 1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Family is included in the house, also photo's of the family are with the house as well.

LEVEL: Beginner/Intermediate
    36732212603_33fb994b08_h.jpgScreenshot-116Piper enjoying the outdoors

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: The final cost of the house is $44,238 (F) and $26,304 (UF), I built the house in my own personal world on a 20x30 lot, but you can place anywhere you like.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: As you can see, the house is kind of plain. That is because Mr. Davies is a painter and he can fill his wonderful dream home full of his paintings. Mrs Hawthorne picked the Davies to be the first to recieve a house from her wonderful crew. When you enter this home you will find yourself standing in the livingroom area. Off to the left there is a small alcove for reading, there is also a computer desk and a half bath, you will also see a set of stairs leading upstairs. As you walk through the open living area straight ahead you have the kitchen and to the right you have the master bedroom with own bath. When you pass through the kitchen you will find another set of stairs leading up to the second floor where the kids bedrooms and spare room (which has the treadmill, chess table and easle for painting). There is also a full bathroom for the kids to share. You exit out the back door and find a telescope to your left to watch the night sky. To the right you find a path leading to a fenced in garden. This was the first house built for the Hawthorne Project and hopefully more to come.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes for criticism, Photo's all not always the best, but I try. Still trying to get it down as how to take them right. Sometimes I can do really good and other times, my mind slips and I lose track. I know there are some shots with the gridlines and I'm sorry about that. I took them while in the build mode to remind me where the lower roof goes and for the garden area.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No custom content, it's all from the store
    Leah - Wow, you got a lot in for your money. I like that there are two sets of stairs leading up. The lay out of downstairs rooms is very nice (though I would have moved the washing machine into the kitchen rather than in front of the window in the dining room). I really like all the landscaping you've done (though I would slide the bush and flowers that over run the sidewalk a bit more into the yard). Really awesome creativity on your part!
    #BnS194 - The Hawthorne Project is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Challenge #195 - The Wishes of the Dead

Erisa Bonekeeper stood, silent, on the uneven ground with its patchy, weedy, grass. She didn't like what she saw.

The Old mausoleums roof had collapsed in on itself, taking part if the walls and crypts with it. The walls surrounding the cemetery were even worse, with huge gaping holes where stones had been stolen or tumbled down to be covered by weeds. The tombstones were obscured by weeds and many had fallen or been kicked over.

There was nothing left of the groundskeeper's cottage. Indeed, the only signs that humans had been there at all any time recently was the graffiti decorating some of the standing walls and the remains of some sort of ritual in the shallow cracked remains of what might have once been a pond or fountain.

More important than what she saw, however, was what she heard. "Can you hear them?"

The sudden address from the still figure you had been picking your way towards made you jump. "I'm sorry?" You ask, stopping in your tracks. The figure turned and you nearly jump aboard the nope train to destination anywhere but there.

It was not that the speaker was horrible or terrifying to look at. She was tall and slender, and, in her black coat and pants, looked almost ecclesiastical. Her hair, long and straight, is such a pale blonde as to be almost white. Her face isn't skeletal, despite her stark features and somber expression. Instead her face reminds you of a statue you once saw of an aesthetic angel.

No, what made you nearly nope out is her eyes. All black, even the whites, with silver irises that almost appear to glow. Looking into them is like looking into eternity and that is a very uncomfortable feeling.

A faint smile touches her lips as you avert your eyes. "The dead." She says, "Can you hear them?"

Her voice is surprisingly soft, gentle with a soothing note that eases your uncertainties.

"No," you say hesitantly.

"I can."

"What do they say?" Your inquiry is cautious.

"Complaints mostly." The amused exasperated tone in her voice makes you smile. "They do not like their resting place. I am hoping you can help us with that." She holds out her hand, "I am Erisa Bonekeeper. I'm the new groundskeeper."

After introductions, during which you avoid looking at her eyes, you wave a hand at the dilapidated graveyard. "So how can I help?"

"Well, for starters. I need a groundskeeper's cottage. I do not require anything fancy. Merely a bedroom, bathroom. Some place to cook and work. With enough room so I don't trip over my lady and her boys."

"Family?" You ask curiously, uncertain who would want to raise children here.

To answer Erisa lets out a loud long whistle. From different areas of the graveyard, fast and silent as fog, come three huge dogs. The smallest of the three comes to sit next to the groundskeeper. The other two flank them. At a gesture the three sit, still as statues. "This is Lady," Erisa says, stroking the back of the nearest. "And her boys Cerberus and Dante. They guard the graveyard at night."

Privately you guess them to be hellhounds. Aloud you simply say "i see why you requested space. What else do you need?"

"New fence for the graveyard. New mausoleum. I will move the dead for you as needed. Landscaping, which I will leave to you. I wish for this place to feel welcoming. When the living are comfortable coming here, so to will the dead be."

"All of that is feasible."

"Good." she looks around, "There are 12 graves here now, but the city is going to re open this cemetery and has added land to its boundaries. They have also given a budget of 45000."

"I can do a lot with that." You assure her.

"Thank you." She turns away, walking over to kneel at one of the grave stones where she begins to weed the ground.

Brief:
    Create the graveyard on any lot as long as it's 30x40 or over. It must include:
    • a Mausoleum
    • a groundskeepers cottage, consisting, 1bedroom, 1 bathroom and the usual living and kitchen areas, an office space of some kind, with ample space for three large dogs
    • landscaping
    The styling is your choice.
    Your budget is $45,000

Sim Challenge:
    Create Erisa with whatever traits you thin would suit her and show her maintaining the graveyard.

Deadline: Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, Midnight EST
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Oooohhh!!! Nice! Would love to do something beyond just residential :)

Question @BuildnShare Does the mausoleum have to be the game rabbithole or can we build our own?
    @djsdragongirl @noisybrain and @cwaddell Awesome builds, all! So many lovely, cozy homes for the poor Davies family! :)
    Oooohhh!!! Nice! Would love to do something beyond just residential :)

Question @BuildnShare Does the mausoleum have to be the game rabbithole or can we build our own?

You can build your own :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I've never done anything like this before....sounds spooky interesting. I will give it a try :neutral: Should be fun to at least try and do this.
    I've never done anything like this before....sounds spooky interesting. I will give it a try :neutral: Should be fun to at least try and do this.
    This is exactly why we do these sorts of challenges, to give everyone something a bit different and outside their comfort zone. Good luck Leah!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    This is exactly why we do these sorts of challenges, to give everyone something a bit different and outside their comfort zone. Good luck Leah!!

@BuildnShare Ok question about this build. Does the $45,000 count what it cost's for the cemetary, mausoleum, graves, and groundskeeper house?
    I answered my own question by going back and re-reading it... Can we use the Mausoleums that are in the build to save on $$

Thank you in advance :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hey everyone! Great builds on the last two challenges. I've added a couple of them to my game :)

I'll be back for the new challenge.

I've been down with a bit of shoulder surgery and have been learning to use my left hand for the past month.
    I did try to do the last challenge but didn't get it done on the inside. I got a wireless mouse and tried to work left handed but that dang thing kept doing the opposite of what I wanted, plus I kept dropping it!! :( It's very hard to make your brain think the other way around :#

Looking forward to the spooky stuff that will be coming :fearful:
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Great builds on the last two challenges. I've added a couple of them to my game :)

I'll be back for the new challenge.

I've been down with a bit of shoulder surgery and have been learning to use my left hand for the past month.
    I did try to do the last challenge but didn't get it done on the inside. I got a wireless mouse and tried to work left handed but that dang thing kept doing the opposite of what I wanted, plus I kept dropping it!! :( It's very hard to make your brain think the other way around :#

Looking forward to the spooky stuff that will be coming :fearful:

Speedy recovery @Kgaff yeah trying to use your left hand takes getting use to. Even if you didn't get the inside finshed at least you tried and that's what counts the most. Can't wait to see what you come up with for this new challenge. And......

WELCOME BACK!
    Aw @Kgaff - I hope you heal quickly and well! I just try to get my right hand to hold a book! My left hand always ends up holding it and the right hand turns the pages. We just do some things the same way by rote! Good luck with the mouse.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Kgaff - wow, shoulder surgery, I feel you there! The most annoying part for me was trying to sleep with my arm down, I had to use a belt to strap my arm down at my side in the end. Wishing you a very speedy recovery!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @djsdragongirl @noisybrain and @cwaddell Awesome builds, all! So many lovely, cozy homes for the poor Davies family! :)

ciane wrote: »
    Oh, it's gorgeous @noisybrain and I absolutely love how small, yet uncluttered and efficient it seems for routing. An absolutely awesome exterior with nice landscaping and layout as well!

@cwaddell - Thank you for the link to the doors and windows. I am sucker for good windows and doors and like to put package forms into my cc games for myself. These are awesome!

Rec'd both of them and enjoyed looking through all the pics.

Thanks yall... I didnt ever get the chance to upload the Davies family for this challenge. I really wish there were more entries. That's ok, we've got some good competition. Im really interested in this next challenge. I have done a community lot in a while and never a cemetery, great story for the Halloween season!
    @kgaff hoping you heal quickly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top