Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    I just looked back on the Journye build and I realised how much I've grown

That's great to hear @SyddyB206 - that is the whole reason we started these challenges, to help people grow as builders :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Hi guys, it's been a super long time since I've participated (building with a deadline can be rough with real life and everything) but I have some extra time now and built the house for Carrie.

Unfortunately while playtesting I realized I forgot the exterior trash can and now I'm over budget. I've cut back as much as possible, but without moving to a smaller lot or sacrificing important items there's nothing more I can do. I reduced the amount to $24. Will this disqualify me?
    Hi guys, it's been a super long time since I've participated (building with a deadline can be rough with real life and everything) but I have some extra time now and built the house for Carrie.

Unfortunately while playtesting I realized I forgot the exterior trash can and now I'm over budget. I've cut back as much as possible, but without moving to a smaller lot or sacrificing important items there's nothing more I can do. I reduced the amount to $24. Will this disqualify me?
    Hello @oXseashellXo, how lovely to see you back here! We don't disqualify for being over budget, but it might hurt your scoring a little. However, what's $24 between friends, right????

GArBA5W.jpg
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Hello @oXseashellXo, how lovely to see you back here! We don't disqualify for being over budget, but it might hurt your scoring a little. However, what's $24 between friends, right????

Thanks for the heads up! I'll do my best to find some way to reduce the cost, if not, I won't sweat it :smile:
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks @Ainsleyf <3 Your sims help a lot to figure out what to do. I always struggle with "real" houses.

Oh, @BuildnShare I remember the band challenge :D Maybe that was one of my first attempts to build something modern. I think I have not improved much :p That story was good. I just read about the second sister :o and now we have the third. OMG now I need to find something not too modern :|
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@Laydeecee Love the court yard, it is so very appropriate, and the exterior is very reminiscent of middle east housing! Well done!
    @Kementari Love the gate on the stairs and the bunk bed! Also loving the sun room (?) with the arches, bubble thing and pillow seats.
    @Ainsleyf Very cute and beautiful exterior, yes'em you is an expert fo shor!
    @abelhinha35 Just absolutely phenomenal!
    @FaithofKaela Dang, you always blow me away!
    @emere Love the exterior tile work and inside the stone kitchen is an inspiration to m,e, beyond that I love the clean simplicity of the interior.

This round seems to have brought out the best in everybody! :)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • NHubandNHuband Posts: 12 New Member
    I am not sure I understand where I am supposed to submit an entry for this new challenge. I am new at entering challenges!
    NHuband wrote: »
    I am not sure I understand where I am supposed to submit an entry for this new challenge. I am new at entering challenges!
    Hi there @NHuband and welcome to Build n Share!! This is the place to submit an entry for the challenge, you will find the entry form on the first post of the thread! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Laydeecee Love the court yard, it is so very appropriate, and the exterior is very reminiscent of middle east housing! Well done!
    @Kementari Love the gate on the stairs and the bunk bed! Also loving the sun room (?) with the arches, bubble thing and pillow seats.
    @Ainsleyf Very cute and beautiful exterior, yes'em you is an expert fo shor!
    @abelhinha35 Just absolutely phenomenal!
    @FaithofKaela Dang, you always blow me away!
    @emere Love the exterior tile work and inside the stone kitchen is an inspiration to m,e, beyond that I love the clean simplicity of the interior.

This round seems to have brought out the best in everybody! :)

You're makin' me blush over here @FoundMarbles :blush::blush::blush:

I agree, this round had some truly impressive creations :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Thanks @FoundMarbles and I totally agree with the comments on the all other contestants. :)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @BuildnShare you should have a series where the townies need new houses!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    @SyddyB206 - that's actually an intriguing idea.....
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    I'M REALLY PLUM! I finished my build to the penny, photographed it all, loaded it to imgur AND THEN I began test play. It was all going so well until I asked her to cook. "There is no fridge"!! I had to delete it from gallery, delete the imgur album and redo the whole kitchen to get a fridge in and on budget. Now, tell me that is not a good laugh! :D
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • NHubandNHuband Posts: 12 New Member
    CHALLENGE #79: The Third Sister - Carrie
    FORUM ID: NHuband
    ORIGIN ID: NicHub
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) - Starting out
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery) - Civic Cliffs on
    LOT COST: 2,000.00
    BUILD COST: 42,784
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) - 44,784
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) - https://www.photosnack.com/NicHub/challenge79thethirdsistercarrie.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) - I have built a single level one bedroom home for Carrie using browns, greens, and orange. She has a half bath in the main area of the house and an ensuite in her bedroom. The back yard has a pool and tall hedging for privacy. The open concept kitchen and livingroom, along with the large windows, makes the space bright and appear larger.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry - yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) - none

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) - Starting out
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) - https://www.photosnack.com/NicHub/challenge79thethirdsistercarrie.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) - I have built a single level one bedroom home for Carrie using browns, greens, and orange. She has a half bath in the main area of the house and an ensuite in her bedroom. The back yard has a pool and tall hedging for privacy. The open concept kitchen and livingroom, along with the large windows, makes the space bright and appear larger.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry - yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) - none

Very Clean Design, NICE!
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID: FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Carrie Secured
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 43491
    TOTAL COST: 44991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Nb62S
    LINK TO GALLERY DOWNLOAD: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D0C186E7A70D11E787BA87718D98F3FB?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Carrie Secured&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: A great home for for security minded. Excellent night lighting, two surveillance cameras and a bathroom that also serves as a "Safe Room" . It also boasts a private power box. It has a very high privacy fence and a matching Gate that is kept locked. Carrie has 4 vegetable patches with a total of 16 various plants. An apple tree is just starting to grow in the front near a mature cherry tree. She has all the tools she needs for the garden. There is a pool of generous size, a paved patio and walkways, a guitar, Chess, and fitness via the TV or punching bag. Bonus! With all this security it is comfortable. There are even pool change rooms separate from the main house! The lot was very large for the price and I think that allowed me to provide a little more external luxury. A pretty nice place with an open layout and a traditional appeal. There was 9 left in my budget but I get into trouble trying to use up small amounts...'thought I'd quit while ahead!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A (MOO / DEBUG)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YiFP4li.png
    AZJmXtZ.png

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS79

The deadline for this challenge is 11th October 2017

@NHuband - nice!! But, don't forget for your entry to count as an official one, you'll need to provide us with a link to the download.
    GArBA5W.jpg

A Note about debug: DO NOT place pots and frying pans as debug clutter. Soon after you start your test play they will upset your Sims with a terrible, rotten stink!
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    I'm with ya, @foundmarbles. Was done, or so I thought. Then realized I had no trash can, I found a couple of unpainted walls and needed a light in the downstairs bathroom. No big deal except I was within $2 of budget. SO I re-did it, took all the photos and was going to upload when I realized I'd completely forgotten about terrain paint. Yikes.

Love the house. The landscaping is really sweet and you definitely got it within the not-too-modern category that I'm having trouble with. Your secret doors are awesome and the pool area is great, and we used so much of the same furniture it's actually amusing. You'll see as soon as I paint the plum terrain!! Really like the bathroom safe house. Made me giggle! Cool!

@nhuband - awesome first entry. Love the round windows in the bathroom and all the French windows and doors! Cool!
    edited October 2017
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Suburban Privacy
    BUILD COST:43490
    TOTAL COST: 44990
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/sgrQP
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built on Nookstone lot in Oasis Springs. Open floor plan with loft style bedroom and roof garden. I went modern because it's the only thing I could make work with my interior plan, but I hope it's not too modern. Made the sisters, but haven't held a pool party yet. Will edit to add if I get any good shots.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: Z61Pisn.pngfp9QWMK.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Suburban Privacy
    BUILD COST:43490
    TOTAL COST: 44990
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built on Nookstone lot in Oasis Springs. Open floor plan with loft style bedroom and roof garden. I went modern because it's the only thing I could make work with my interior plan, but I hope it's not too modern. Made the sisters, but haven't held a pool party yet. Will edit to add if I get any good shots.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

Looking good so far! Where is your slide show link? I see what you mean about the furnishings. I'm looking forward to the house tour!
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    @Ainsleyf your lot is beautiful!
    Thanks so much @foundmarbles and @valuzza90! And thanks for letting me know I forgot the link. oops!
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Thanks so much @foundmarbles and @valuzza90! And thanks for letting me know I forgot the link. oops!

LOL! I am so happy to see someone else give the bathroom a toilet plunger! Anybody with children knows a plunger near the toilet is a "Must Have". Nice looking place. I really wish I could get it together to do decent moderns. Yours are great.
    Awww shucks, thanks!!! I don't think moderns are my forte, but found looking at pics of real houses on the internet and trying to replicate them gives me my best results.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top