Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Cedar Cottage

AellaniiAellanii Posts: 88 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 3 Builders
5kzeo499azriy4hzg.jpg

ugujquti2g10ivuzg.jpg

1keuiymjk9kw1k9zg.jpg

t4ka4fwqj247ulbzg.jpg

fz8cx51pbccdk45zg.jpg

The Cedar Cottage
1 beds : 1 1/2 baths : 20 x 30 lot
§37,744 unfurnished : §75,880 furnished

The epitome of charm, Cedar Cottage exudes comfort. Graced with abundant flora, the deep lot provides ample privacy. Featuring an open design concept, the ground floor includes a living room, sun-room, kitchen, dining room turned library, and a half bath. A loft bedroom and adjoining full bath complete the residence. Outside awaits a unique fire-pit past the spacious rear deck. Perfect for those looking to retire or for that quiet holiday retreat. Contact an agent today!

Yes CC* : No CAP
EPs : SPs : Store Content
Sim Tested : Custard Approved

u05m1d10gd13tj7zg.jpg

f717oidyfse2bfdzg.jpg

olopa0h4q5ouxorzg.jpg

gbodm847770sr8mzg.jpg

nj0cvnzvo9pwlopzg.jpg

1odugc61og7naybzg.jpg

This is my first official upload for TS3. It's heavily influenced by a home I found online. I was originally searching for inspiration for an old Build 'n' Share challenge called The Golden Years. Please let me know if there's anything wacky with the house. I tested during the placement of furniture and play-tested at the end. I only wish I'd included a laptop or another rocker, as sims fight over those! Enjoy nonetheless!

*LilyOfTheValley@TSR
Post edited by Aellanii on

Comments

• Jen1129Jen1129 Posts: 267 Member
    Adorable! Nice job on the building, decorating, and landscaping of this cottage. Keep up the good work!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The Cedar Cottage is very nice! :) It looks a very warming and homely home. Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks great! The texture of the exterior gives a very nice look to the home. The flowers and plants in the outdoors areas look very pretty! The hives will be great for sims to collect honey from. Very nice fire pit nook for sims to enjoy sitting around the fire keeping warm and toasting food. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wooden texture of the walls gives a calming natural feel to the home. The floral patterned floor rugs are pretty touches, The sofa and armchairs sitting areas in the living room are very nice for sims to relax there, and have a chat. The white type of seating used looks nice. It is great that there is a loft bedroom!
    It is a very nice home! :) The picture of it in wintertime is very pretty!
  • AellaniiAellanii Posts: 88 Member
    Jen1129 wrote: »
    Adorable! Nice job on the building, decorating, and landscaping of this cottage. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! It only took me forever. I'm so slow because I'm indecisive.
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Cedar Cottage is very nice! :) It looks a very warming and homely home. Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks great! The texture of the exterior gives a very nice look to the home. The flowers and plants in the outdoors areas look very pretty! The hives will be great for sims to collect honey from. Very nice fire pit nook for sims to enjoy sitting around the fire keeping warm and toasting food. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wooden texture of the walls gives a calming natural feel to the home. The floral patterned floor rugs are pretty touches, The sofa and armchairs sitting areas in the living room are very nice for sims to relax there, and have a chat. The white type of seating used looks nice. It is great that there is a loft bedroom!
    It is a very nice home! :) The picture of it in wintertime is very pretty!

Thank you! You always post such wonderful critique. It's very helpful and friendly.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Wow, what beautiful detail dear! Very epic design! Don't let it be your last! Amazing creation!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Wow, what beautiful detail dear! Very epic design! Don't let it be your last! Amazing creation!

Thank you, Bree! I love so many of your builds; glad you came by! :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Love the look of your cottage, both inside and out. Great job.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Love the look of your cottage, both inside and out. Great job.

Thanks so much!
    You make fantastic builds, by the by. :blush:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited October 2017
    These are beautiful! I'd download, but I don't use CC, but just had to compliment how charming this home is! wonderful work you do.
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    My goodness, this is a beautiful build! It is so cozy!
    These are beautiful! I'd download, but I don't use CC, but just had to compliment how charming this home is! wonderful work you do.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I tried so hard to avoid uploading CC, but that one piece escaped me. Doh! :s
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    My goodness, this is a beautiful build! It is so cozy!

Thank you very much! :)
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    I keep looking through the pictures trying to find anything to actually critique, but just keep thinking about how perfect it is! The old floral designs, the heavy woods, even the trees and bushes! Very well done! It's like a place I would expect to find IRL.
    Zayven wrote: »
    I keep looking through the pictures trying to find anything to actually critique, but just keep thinking about how perfect it is! The old floral designs, the heavy woods, even the trees and bushes! Very well done! It's like a place I would expect to find IRL.
    Thanks so much! I had reference photos and tried to do my own thing, but the original charm could not be undone!
  • KaileeAnnKaileeAnn Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg, how pretty! I love it. :smiley:
    KaileeAnn wrote: »
    Omg, how pretty! I love it. :smiley:

Thanks much!
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 200 Member
    love this Cedar cottage house, reminds me of Bed and Breakfast .
    This house be great for a sim legacy, where the parents/grandparents live here and the kids and grandkids come over for the holidays to visit

Can i download this house without CC? :D
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    it feels so warm and cozy!
    love this Cedar cottage house, reminds me of Bed and Breakfast .
    This house be great for a sim legacy, where the parents/grandparents live here and the kids and grandkids come over for the holidays to visit

Can i download this house without CC? :D

I can try to upload a version without. It might take me a bit, as I've been short on time recently. Thanks for the kind words and interest!
    Envyfan wrote: »
    it feels so warm and cozy!

Thank you! :D
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    Wonderful job!
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

Wonderful job!

Thank you! :)