Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where the Willow Walks ~ (4/12/19)

EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
LWY1Jpz.gif
"Down by the water, under the willow, sits a lone ranger minding the willow.
He and his wife once lived happily, planted a seed that grew through the reeds."
"Willow" - Jasmine Thompson

This is the tale of Adriel and Theran - two names often heard whispered in tall creation tales but brushed away by many in Atalan to be silly folklore. Many believed Adriel and Theran to be two original gods of varying relation (siblings and rivals the most common); some think them to be silly children's stories to teach of morality. One book published by a rogue historian challenged all of the previous assumptions declaring Adriel and Theran lovers across ages that created a stir among the masses until it was discredited and shoved to the public as romantic nonsense. Yet what many had yet to realize was that the truth was much closer than they thought.

[Home] ~ [Disclaimer] ~ [Chapter List]

Chapters
00 ~ The Storyteller
01 ~ A Lesson in Science
02 ~ Adriel and Theran
03 ~ The Nine Generals
04 ~ Nyenni
05 ~ The Battle of Atalan
06 ~ The Pioneer
07 ~ Marie's Bluebells
08 ~ The Academy
09 ~ You Won't Last Here
10 ~ Family Day
11 ~ The Academy Chronicles
12 ~ Love Lines
13 ~ Don't Forget to Breathe
14 ~ The Snow Wars
15 ~ One Winter Morning
16 ~ Catrina Miser
17 ~ An Uneasy Feeling
18 ~ The God of Knowledge
19 ~ Walks Like a Duck, Talks Like a Duck
20 ~ The Complex Study Of Love

Where the Willow Walks is my current baby; this story has been on my mind for the past year and my primary focus for the past 6(ish) months! This story is very folklore-y and takes place in the same world as The Reapers Legacy, Song of the Nightingale, and Faction of the Lost Ones (my 3 other stories). This story will be passed between several narrators as it tells the story across many, many years. Any thoughts and comments are always welcome!
Post edited by EiraRose on

Comments

• EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    Author's Note - So I'm using this story as my main focus for SimNoWriMo on Boolprop! Ergo, the goal is to get as many updates out as I can for the month of September! This should be exciting and I hope anyone who reads it enjoys it too!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9a8cWjO.gif

03 ~ The Nine Generals

Torig imbued more than breath, but a piece of his soul and energy into nine spirits - his nine generals.
    Author's Note - Off with a bang for SimNo; ~ 4,000 words and 55 pictures! Woo! This update kicked my butt with editing though. Imma go take a breather now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OAE9nlx.gif

04 ~ Nyenni

A spirit’s bond with it’s other half is the most pure thing I can ever describe.
  • MikeWoolfMikeWoolf Posts: 39 Member
    Nice lol
    MikeWoolf wrote: »
    Nice lol

:smiley: Thank you!
  • MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    Lovely chapter as always, Livvielove! I adored your edits and especially the foreshadowing...ugh it messed with my heart. GAH. (Clutches heart)
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
    Mpart wrote: »
    Lovely chapter as always, Livvielove! I adored your edits and especially the foreshadowing...ugh it messed with my heart. GAH. (Clutches heart)

:heart: Thank you!!! I worked really hard on the edits for this chapter. I'm glad you like them! It makes all those hours spent worthwhile! :smiley:
    edited September 2017
    Author's Note - Update 3 for SimNo; this puts me roughly halfway there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KKOwIMJ.jpg

05 ~ The Battle of Atalan

She took the hit herself… and shattered into fragments.
    Author's Note - Update 4 for SimNo! With this chapter I've ALMOST completed my goal at a nearly +4,000 words more. I now sit at a happy 9.3k words (out of 10k). Happy, happy, HAPPY day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hB5FbSG.jpg

06 ~ The Pioneer

"Sometimes you have to be the pioneer to learn something new."
    Author's Note - I did it! Woo! 12k words for the month of September! That means my SimNoWriMo is completed with gold! :heart: I'm so excited it would happen on this chapter too, as this was one of my most emotional chapters. I really poured my heart into trying to convey emotions so any and all feedback is appreciated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ABXZOt9.jpg

07 ~ Marie's Bluebells

“Promise me you won’t stop learning… but more importantly, that you will never… never stop pursuing whatever it is that makes you happy.”
    Author's Note - One last one for SimNoWriMo! Ending with a bang 6k words and 114 pictures! :heart:
    Small warning, there's some language in this chapter that wasn't present before. It's pretty common in my stories (and a lot that I've seen) but this is just so some aren't caught by surprise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6ZycdqQ.jpg

08 ~ The Academy

J'ai reussi, maman, papa.
  • ALittleSimALittleSim Posts: 111 Member
    nice lol
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin
    Patronus: Lynx
    My Studio: Studio
  • MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    The chapter was absolutely amazing, Livvielove! While I would have to agree it was a nice chapter, I can't say I agree on the lol part unless we are talking about Stefan and Sam. It's a bit awkward thinking it's funny when Robert was crying about his dead mother....
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
    @MoonstoneHorsey Uh...Thanks I guess?

@Mpart :heart: Thank you. Stefan had me dying with his pit nonsense. :lol: Poor Robert is still grieving though. It's only been a week, so he's got a ways to go to recovery.
    Author's Note - So this chapter comes from a very familiar, deep, and dark place in my life. When I was in the darkest point of my life, I was 16, not unlike Robert. I went through a very traumatic situation that left me torn open for a very long time and would lead me into a horrible depression and PTSD. It would take me years before I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm finally there.
    This chapter is long, heavy, and follows the mind of someone suicidal.
    The point of this chapter isn't to glorify it, but to show the gritty realness that many people face each day. To those of the world who have thought about, or actually committed, suicide: you are not alone. I hope you never forget that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hu9Yp9e.jpg

09 ~ You Won't Last Here

“You won’t last here, Robert.”
    Tell me something I don’t already know.
    Author's Note - It's been a while and I'm sorry! I had some things I needed to get sorted, but that's been taken care of and I'm back at it full swing! I hope you enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MzJrMsr.jpg

10 ~ Family Day

Yet despite all the progress he made, which perhaps was minor in the grand scheme of things, he was chained to the impending doom that was Family Day.
    He just wanted to get it over with.
    edited April 2018
    Author's Note - Happy 1-year anniversary, Willow!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20ldv9u.jpg

11 ~ The Academy Chronicles

Happy 1-Year Anniversary, Where the Willow Walks!
    U3N5Pb7.jpg

12 ~ Love Lines

Granted, his future always felt hazy to him. All he knew is he wanted to do something that made him feel fulfilled… and so far that calling was Spirits.
    Author's Note - SimNaNoWriMo has started! Update 1 for SimNo is out! Trigger warning: this chapter contains some slight imagery of violence with a knife.
    sTW5bH9.jpg

Don't Forget to Breathe

Your existence is not secure here. Keep your head down. Don’t look up. Breathe.
    edited September 2018
    Author's Note - Round two for SimNo. I've got 2 more updates in the wings ready to be released as well, I just don't have the energy to do it all at once, so I've scheduled them with a few day break inbetween. Forwarning: The end of this chapter is very picture heavy, and the entirety of next chapter is pictures (no words). I tried something different for this chapter, so any and all feedback is appreciated! :smile:
    B8SXiKL.jpg

The Snow Wars

"In wars of snow, you'll find no mercy to be had Jake."
    edited September 2018
    Author's Note - No words for this chapter, just pictures. Hopefully it's true what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words. :smile:

4Xh35ey.jpg
    Author's Note - last update for this story required for SimNaNoWriMo! Gold has been achieved, so I'm swapping in for Faction of the Lost Ones to aim for a double-gold! Fingers crossed!

9qWIH3m.jpg

Catrina Miser

She looked so different yet the same all at once.
    edited September 2018
    Hey everyone!

I'm updating all of my stories to alert people that I will be going on a 3 month hiatus. Read about it here!
    In the meantime, I'd appreciate any feedback on the things brought up in my note, and will continue to update my Tumblr with teasers and hype for my strong return in 2019!
    Thank you for your time and patience with me!

Lots of love,
    Livvielove
    Post edited by EiraRose on
    Alright, it's the first of the year, and I'm BACK!

I have a note to update everyone on my status (it's the same for all of my stories). Here's looking forward to 2019!

Willow's first chapter will release next Friday, the 11th. :heart:

Thanks for all your patience with me!
    edited January 2019
    Ran behind tonight, sorry about that! The chapters always go up at 6, even if my links are late.

UCjuhbj.jpg

An Uneasy Feeling

"Those monsters snatched Emelia right out of her bed... I could kill them for that! They claim to be vampires but act like they have no self-control!"
    Author's Note - Sorry, I'm behind on getting this out. All my chapters are released on Fridays at 6pm. It's simplest to say I was out of town and unable to update direct links. In the future, should I ever be late again, know that you can find my newest chapter via the last linked chapter at the very bottom, "newer post." Sorry again.

2vPcxGY.jpg

The God of Knowledge

He figured that Professor Luken had worked for the God of Knowledge, but he never would’ve imagined it would’ve looked like this.