March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs - best to worst

Hey guys!
I currently have all expansion and game packs, however I've never really been that bothered about Stuff Packs. I'm certainly not rolling in money and what with all the awesome CC out there I've never really felt a need to purchase SP's quite as religiously as the others. So they're mostly one of those things that I'll pick up if I have some spare cash - which is now! I currently own Vintage Glamour and Luxury Party Stuff and I'm in the market for one more pack.

I'd be super grateful if you guys could throw some recommendations at me. What's your favourite pack or which do you think is the best value for money? Better yet, why not rate the packs from best to worst? - You'll be helping me decide on an eventual purchasing order :p
(I did try googling this, but I can't seem to find a great deal of worthwhile information about the packs)

All packs listed, for your convenience
  • Toddler
  • Fitness
  • Bowling Night
  • Vintage Glamour
  • Backyard
  • Kids Room
  • Romantic Garden
  • Movie Hangout
  • Spooky
  • Cool Kitchen
  • Perfect Patio

I'm thinking Spooky Stuff might be relevant to the time of year, whilst toddler and kids stuff would be lower on my priority list as my sim currently does not have any children. I also live in an apartment, so maybe backyard stuff would be redundant.

Comments

• love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    Well here's my 2 cents on the stuff packs. I don't know how much help I can be to you since I only own 4- Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Backyard and Bowling Night. I would rate Bowling Night as #1, Perfect Patio as #2, Cool Kitchen as #3 and of course Backyard as #4. I am about to purchase the Toddler Stuff pack after I finish this reply.

Hopefully this will help in your decision!
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Like many others say it's really a personal opinion. You could be into something totally different than I am buuutt,

Out of the list you provided I would choose romantic garden. I've always liked that and vintage glamour. If you're into family gameplay I'd suggest toddler stuff pack though.

You know you want the... BALLPIT.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Oh didn't see you said you don't have toddlers with your family :D

But still.. the BALLPIT.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    edited September 2017
    I am going to add some pros and cons to every stuff pack instead of rating them. I think all these packs offer something unique and as others have said, it is just a matter of preferences.

•Toddler
    - Pro: new clothes and activities for toddlers. If you like playing with toddlers or if you are missing some content for toddlers than this is the pack for you.
    - Con: the ball pit texture doesn't look very good, although it is much better since the September 12th update.

•Fitness
    - Pro: a climbing wall that fits nicely into a gym. If you like active activities for your Sims, than this pack is ideal.
    - Con: it is basically only a climbing wall that is new in this pack, unless you count the fitness via television and the ear buds as extra special.

•Bowling Night
    - Pro: change any bar, lounge or nightclub into a bowling alley, a new venue that is actually really nice, so if you like bowling and bowling activities, than this is defenitely something to consider.
    - Con: to me it is difficult to find a con to this pack, because I really liked the bowling activity, but if bowling is not for you, than this might not be something you would want to buy, because all the clothes and furniture really fit into the bowling theme.

•Vintage Glamour
    - Pro: adds a vanity table and a butler NPC. I really like that children can try make-up on the vanity table.
    - Con: I haven't used the butler myself yet, but i have read about a lot of bugs with it on this forum, so you might want to consider that first.

•Backyard
    - Pro: the water slide and the lemonade tray are really nice items to have. The slide fits well into any pool lot and lemonade is just a nice drink for the kids, but also for the adults of course.
    - Con: the water slide is very big, so it does not really fit into an appartment.

•Kids Room
    - Pro: I really liked this pack, because it adds a lot of child activities and I am a fan of the Void Critters. Fits perfectly with Parenthood.
    - Con: only child activities, so if you aren't playing with children, this pack probably isn't worth it.

•Romantic Garden
    - Pro: lots of nice garden plants. I really liked the variety of the plants and the art style. Great if you are a builder that likes to make mansions with big gardens.
    - Con: garden stuff only. You might not want to consider this if you like playing in an appartment, because you barely have a garden there. It would be different though if you wanted to build a penthouse with a nice garden.

•Movie Hangout
    - Pro: the popcorn maker is a really nice addition. I use it in my cinema, so Sims can enjoy some nice popcorn during their date.
    - Con: movie hangout really is just a missed opportunity to add cinemas as venues to the game. You basically get a nice big television and some new movies for your Sims to watch, but you can't really build a functioning cinema.

•Spooky
    - Pro: given the time of year, this might be a very nice addition to the game. During Halloween I like to dress my Sims up in some costumes and organize a spooky party.
    - Con: if Halloween is not your thing, or if you don't celebrate it in your country, it might not be that special.

•Cool Kitchen
    - Pro: the ice machine is great. If you have Dine Out, you can even make your own ice cream parlor.
    - Con: only kitchen stuff and besides some ice cream to eat, no new activities.

•Perfect Patio
    - Pro: the hot tub is nice to use in the garden or in a pool. It fits with Spa Day.
    - Con: it's basically just the hot tub. Unless you like the other furniture, like me.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't have toddler. Waiting for sale. I also don't have backyard, fitness or ice cream because I wasn't interested.

Favorite: Tie between vintage glamor (i like butlers and cas) and bowling (i love cas clothes)

Middle: Spooky (I throw the pumpkin carving item into bars to give people more things to do.) Romantic Gardens (for wishing well). Perfect patio (sometimes use hot tubs)

Nope: Kids Room (don't play with kids. i got this for my real life kids to play with) , Movie Hangout (watching sims watch movies is dull) You forgot Luxury (which is horrible and very forgettable)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think my absolute fave would have to be Movie Hangout. I do love all that bohemian hippy kind of stuff.

My least favourite is Bowling Night, because I didn't expect the Stuff in it to be so limited in use - most of the clutter is directly bowling-related and totally unusable in anything besides an actual bowling-alley lot.

The Ball-Pit is no longer a reason not to get Toddlers because it was patched for free.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited September 2017
    Romantic Garden I love the evil wishing well
    bowling night bowling is a new skill and you can win a trophy
    Movie Hangout your sims can watch movies
    Spooky stuff Halloween party
    toddler great toys for toddlers and great new cas to
    backyard ice tea and water slide
    fitness rock wall is great
    Vintage Glamour butler is nice
    Cool Kitchen ice cream
    Perfect Patio hot tube

Kids Room

worst pack because the kids can't use the two toys they got autonomously
    and they don't even have wishes to play with them or buy them
    the only ones that wish to buy them are adults and they can't use them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    I love pretty much every stuff pack! I have them all except Spooky Stuff
  • Savannah_SimLoverSavannah_SimLover Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Guys, I have a problem. I'm not on the rich side here but love the sims. I want to buy the bundle option since that suits me. I don't know what to choose.

Expansion: Either GTW Or GT (I own CL and S)
    Game pack: SD Or Outdoor Retreat
    Stuff pack: Perfect Patio Or Vintage Glamour Or Laundry Day stuff

I'm not interested in any others but if you could state your opinions on the ones I have listed that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    @Savannah_SimLover Personally, I would not recommend GTW or GT. They are the oldest expansions and it shows. In my opinion, the items just aren't that great. Between the two, I'd pick Get Together. However, I'd seriously recommend Cats & Dogs. Even if pets aren't your things, the build/buy options plus the world are just great! I also didn't care for Spa Day, so I'd recommend Outdoor Retreat. Spa Day has really limited things to do, and I was disappointed with the amount of items we got with a supposed GP. My all time favorite stuff pack is Laundry, so gotta go with that!
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I'd recommend you watch this video to help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKT4UbSRuQ

It's all opinion, but he really explains the pros and cons of each pack, and it's based on a player survey.

Here's my personal opinions. I'd consider myself more of a builder than a live mode player, so a lot of this is based on build/buy and CAS items. After all, this is a STUFF pack right?

1. Laundry Day is the #1 best pack. The gameplay is realistic and I use ALL of the items regularly (which is more than I can say about ANY other pack... GPs and EPs included). The clothing and hair is nice. It's just an all-around awesome pack.
    2. You might also consider Perfect Patio because you might be able to put a hot tub in your apartment (depending on the style), and it does come with some nice wicker furniture.
    3. I don't personally have Movie Hangout but I've been wanting it because it does have SOME cool decorations. It's a very specific style, though, so check it out to make sure it's your thing before you invest.

What NOT to buy:

1. Cool Kitchen stuff was a huge disappointment. I rarely use anything from that pack.
    2. Spooky Stuff is just a whole bunch of Halloween costumes. Cool for Halloween, but not worth $10. Only thing I really like from that pack is the pumpkin carving.
    3. Fitness Stuff comes with some cool-looking workout equipment, but it's all interactions you can do with base game. There's a serious lack of new furniture/decor with this pack. Only thing I really like is the new workout clothing.
    4. I'm not a fan of Bowling Night, even though I like retro items. But these items seem very "commercial". Not things that easily fit into a residential lot. I WILL say, though, that the bowling interactions are cool. Just not my thing, I guess.

I left a few off this list because I just don't think they're what you're interested in.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    1- Kids Room
    2- Laundry Day
    3- Perfect Pation
    4- Toddler Stuff
    5- Bowling Night
    6- Movie Hangout
    7- Vintage Glamour
    8- Backyard Stuff
    9- Romantic Garden
    10- Fitness Stuff

The others are trash to be honest.
  • nude_spanude_spa Posts: 13 New Member
    My favorite are the ones that allow for new mods and least favorite are the ones that make old mods not work.
    Best = City Living
    Worst = Seasons