Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• gairka75gairka75 Posts: 4 New Member
    Didn't make the Entry in time but here's my duck room "When Duck Calls" A Beautiful Duck Themed bathroom. Enjoy :D ID: gairka75 https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0B83B5A3A54A11E78BC67AE2CCA11599?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=gairka75&max=50&maxis=false
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    gairka75 wrote: »
    Didn't make the Entry in time but here's my duck room "When Duck Calls" A Beautiful Duck Themed bathroom. Enjoy :D ID: gairka75 https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0B83B5A3A54A11E78BC67AE2CCA11599?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=gairka75&max=50&maxis=false
    01.jpg

Hello @gairka75 :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for last week's challenge ! That is very great! :) Thankyou so very much! I hope that you will enjoy creating a room for this week’s challenge also :) I will be back soon to post about your special Ducks themed room, but just wanted to welcome you to the thread first :)
    When Duck Calls is a very nice duck themed bathroom! @gairka75 :) Very nice furnishing of the room! The pictures of the ducks on the walls looks very nice! It looks great that there are different sizes of the photos on the walls. Very nice corner bath tub nook. It is nice that you have used the triangular bath tub. The ducks look so cute on the edge of the bath tub and on the sink counter! The candle on the bath tub edge is calming for sims to see as they have a restful bath. They will enjoy listening to music from the wall speaker whilst bathing there. The natural trees themed wall pattern suits the room theme well. The circles floor print near the shower is a nice touch.
    It is a very nice duck themed bathroom! :)

If you would like to enter a room in this week’s challenge, because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your screenshot pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here,
    I can then post the pictures for you :)
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A dorm room for twins
    Gallery name of room : Twins Forever
    Origin id : carolynrosser
    Link to Imgur gallery

Pictures of the room :

Bella and Lilian are twins and also best friends. Now that they're in college, they're excited to share a dorm room--but they have very different styles. Luckily, they were able to make it work.
    WOOJrAz.png

DL8qs35.png

19umyZp.png

SZaJuJF.png

zThMUMK.png

D7zdCG9.png

6UGz4SO.jpg
    The furnishing and design of Twins Forever looks very nice and suits each of the girls so very well! @carolynrosser :) The white bubbles wall texture gives a nice look to the room. It looks great the way that the patterned wall divider separates off the two areas of the room. The street art on Bella’s wall looks very bright and great! Very nice bright and sunny red and yellow colour scheme of her section of the room! The colourful circular floor rug looks very nice! The red and yellow furniture gives a great look to the room area. The candles and flowers is a nice pretty touch on the table near the foot of her bed and the yellow modern clock looks stylish. She will enjoy checking her appearance in the full length mirror! Very nice study desk area for her to enjoy sitting on the patterned chair, doing studies on the computer. The pink and blue colour scheme of Lilian’s side of the room looks very pretty! The coloured curtains looks very nice. The patterned floor rug gives a very nice look to the area! The dirty clothes shows that she is messy! She will enjoy sitting at her desk table doing her school studies there also, and reading a book from the bookcase. The flower string wall lights are pretty for her to see on the wall as she sits there, She will enjoy watching sport on her tv, and the sports trophies shelf , bowling pin, glass framed shirt, skateboards and sports posters reflects well that she likes sport! The flower mirror is pretty for Lilian to look at herself in, Bella will like using the hair dryer and beauty products that are on the drawers. She will enjoy listening to music in their dorm room ! The girls will like having a cup of coffee from the coffee machine to help them as they do their studies.
    The colour schemes and furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
    Thank you very much for your kind comments, @rosemow! :smiley:
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @carolynrosser : That wallpaper is very cool!! Great rooms. I like both of those rugs, too.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Congrats on your Maxis fav @shakerella ! :)

Gorgeous dorm room for twins @WhiteMojo ! Love that you split it into two levels and used different, yet fitting colours for each of their part of the room. Ooooh, and so much fun to see Katie and Emma enjoying your awesome room! <3

Beautiful dorm room @carolynrosser ! Love how you kept the room coherent (eg by using the same wall/floor pattern) yet set apart both their areas through the use of colour and furniture. Very realistic room for two very different twins. B)
  • smashleecsmashleec Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2017
    So for the dorm room I wanted to be able to make it look pretty cluttered even though Bella is more of a neat person because it is a dorm and there isn't much room to put everything :smile: . I put a bunch of makeup on her dresser because it keeps up with fashion trends. I put a bunch of pillows down on Lilian's side as a little reading nook. I decided to put yoga mats in the middle because I thought that is the one "sport" Bella would enjoy and then that would be their sisterly bonding time! Something they can both enjoy together! There is a ton of stuff all over the walls because they were trying to add their personality into the boring dorm room. And of course 2 teen girls cannot be without twinkly lights all around the room!

origin ID: smashleesim

https://youtu.be/rJ8V8OJyi50

tumblr_ox3hcmrvfS1w503yxo4_1280.png
    tumblr_ox3hcmrvfS1w503yxo3_1280.png
    tumblr_ox3hcmrvfS1w503yxo2_1280.png
    tumblr_ox3hcmrvfS1w503yxo1_1280.png

My Stuff:
    Youtube
    Tumblr
    Origin Id: smashleesim
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @smashleec : I really like the shape of the room. The door area, especially. Great decorating too.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    Thanks, @joRN1414!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
    Girl Dorm Room is a very nice room for the twins! @smashleec :) The layout and furnishing of the room is very nice! The brown colour of the walls and flooring, and the pink patterned floor rug complement each other very well. It is very special that you have placed yoga mats in the room. The girls will enjoy restfully doing yoga together. The sparkly string lights on the walls look so very pretty! Bella’s side of the room looks very nice! She will enjoy checking her appearance in the full length lights edged mirror! The makeup, beauty products, and hair dryer on the dresser suits her fashion interests well! She will enjoy listening to music on the music player. The music themed pictures are a great touch on the wall. Very nice window nook. The flowers on the ledge are pretty for the girls to see when in their room. The clothes rack look nice either ends on the windows. Lilian’s side of the room suits her well! She will enjoy relaxing on the colourful cushions, having a read of a book. The sporting trophies, skate boards on the wall and basketball on the window ledge reflect well that she likes sport! The dirty clothes on the floor are a result of her messiness! The wall decor on the bedhead walls of the girls look nice. Very nice study desk nooks area of the room! The bookcases look great how they have been placed either sides of the door. The girls will enjoy sitting at the desk tables doing their studies on the computers, The soccer lamp, books and pencils on Lilian’s side on the top of the bookcase and beauty products and candles on Bella’s side are nice touches. The sports equipment on the floor is a great touch for Lilian. The school bags look great in the room.
    It is a very nice dorm room that suits well the twins! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    Theme: A dorm room for twins who have different interests.
    Gallery Name: Twin Dorm Room
    Origin ID: pepper090889
    Other: I posted a speed build on my Youtube if you'd like to check it out.

Pictures:
    zj5TG5e.jpg

mK1d7cx.jpg

7gLm08K.jpg

RN2snh1.jpg
    ofNj4ul
    The layout and furnishing of Twin Dorm Room is very nice! @pepper090889 :) The two differing sides of the room look very nice and suit the girls well! The blue colour and the brick wall texture look nice together and give a great feel to the room. Lilian’s area looks great! The sports themed pictures on her bedside wall and the soccer lamp reflect well that she likes sport. The different patterned colours of the curtains reflect the differing favourite colours of the girls, and the curtains look very pretty in the room. Bella’s bright curtains look great! The differing coloured beds look great! The candles on Bella’s bedside table are very pretty and bright for her to see when waking . Very nice study desk nook ! Bella will enjoy listening to radio music whilst using the computer to do her studies, and the beauty products and hair dryer on the shelves are great for her to use. Lilian will like reading the books that are on the shelves as well as using the computer. They will like having the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting there. The fashion pictures on Bella’s bedside wall and the wall decor shelf looks very nice. She will like checking her appearance in the full length mirror! Very nice sitting nook for the girls to enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv or reading a book. Lilian is being messy and has left her clothes on the floor! The coloured ceiling lights are a nice touch in the room. The differing coloured floor rugs add a nice look to the room. It looks great how the screen shade separates off the room areas.
    The girls will enjoy living in your special dorm room that you designed for them! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Congratulations on Duck away to the Woods and Quackers and Cheese being Favourited by Maxis! @ZKirian :) and @BUTTONSGINGER :) That is exciting!

Oh my goodness! I've been away from Simming this week and I pop in the forum first today, and see this. Wow! I'm honored. I hope to be able to create a room for this week's challenge. Everyone has had some really wonderful rooms so far. Hope to comment on them too!
    "Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
    ZKirian wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Congratulations on Duck away to the Woods and Quackers and Cheese being Favourited by Maxis! @ZKirian :) and @BUTTONSGINGER :) That is exciting!

Oh my goodness! I've been away from Simming this week and I pop in the forum first today, and see this. Wow! I'm honored. I hope to be able to create a room for this week's challenge. Everyone has had some really wonderful rooms so far. Hope to comment on them too!

Hello @ZKirian :) It is great that your room was favourited by Maxis! I will look forward to seeing your room for this week’s challenge if you are able to enter :)
    Theme for the Week: A dorm room for twins who have different interests
    Gallery Name of Room: Dorm 101
    Origin id: ZKirian
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2A9204E9A66011E7851A9EACB025E4E3

Pictures of the Room:

I tried to capture both Lillian and Bella's different personalities and interests while still keeping in mind that it is a dorm space, so decor (and space!) would be limited. Hopefully you'll see the individuality of each sister in how they decorated their half of a room. Lillian has the beige and blue tones and you can see her love of sports and she has a nice gaming system and gaming PC. Her side is definitely more messy than her sister's side! Bella's side is full of vibrant colors, fashion accessories and shows her love of music. She has all her friends' pics from back home to keep her company... she'll be quick to add more pics on the wall as she makes friends quite easily.

https://i.imgur.com/Z42hZ2I.png
    https://i.imgur.com/yzsuEwV.png
    https://i.imgur.com/0VxHqB9.png
    "Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
    edited October 2017
    ZKirian wrote: »
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EA3B91D5A66211E789499EACB025E4E3 (This was edited because I realized I forgot to include a window!!!)

Pictures of the Room:

I tried to capture both Lillian and Bella's different personalities and interests while still keeping in mind that it is a dorm space, so decor (and space!) would be limited. Hopefully you'll see the individuality of each sister in how they decorated their half of a room. Lillian has the beige and blue tones and you can see her love of sports and she has a nice gaming system and gaming PC. Her side is definitely more messy than her sister's side! Bella's side is full of vibrant colors, fashion accessories and shows her love of music. She has all her friends' pics from back home to keep her company... she'll be quick to add more pics on the wall as she makes friends quite easily.

826d7IP.png

i5dg5DZ.png

0VxHqB9.png

Updated pics... sorry about that!

These are pictures of the room in the next post :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EA3B91D5A66211E789499EACB025E4E3 (This was edited because I realized I forgot to include a window!!!)

Pictures of the Room:

https://i.imgur.com/826d7IP.png
    https://i.imgur.com/i5dg5DZ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/0VxHqB9.png

Updated pics... sorry about that!
    Dorm 101 reflects the interests and personalities of the girls very well! @ZKirian :) The differing sides of the room look very nice! Very nice brown and blue colour scheme of Lilian’s side. The sports and gaming pictures on the side and bedhead walls, the soccer lamp, the basketball and sports equipment on the floor and the sporting trophies shelf on the wall look great! Very nice tv nook for her to enjoy sitting relaxing there watching sports programs on the tv or playing console games. The books are a great touch on the desk. It is great that she has a gaming computer to play games on. Her clothes on the floor are a result of her messiness! The bed nook looks great! The sports rosettes are a nice touch on the nook wall. It is great that the large bookcase separates off the areas of the room. The bright purple, pink and blue colour scheme of Bella’s area of the room looks very nice! The floral floor rug gives a great look to the room area! The clothes rack looks great there and the music themed pennants and fashion pictures are a nice touch. It is special that she has pictures of her friends on the bedside wall to enjoy looking at. The beauty products and cds are great touches on the study desk table to reflect her interests. The flowers and candles are pretty for her to see as she sits at the table using the computer. She will enjoy sitting on the sunny yellow stool watching tv and listening to music. The pink mirror is very nice for her to check her appearance in.
    The furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    Thanks @rosemow for your detailed and supportive comments on my room. Also a shout-out to @joRN1414 and @Corwim for taking the time to comment, always appreciated. I've left favs and comments on peoples rooms within the gallery, great rooms everyone. <3
    JeJUZyk.png
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    edited October 2017
    Theme for the week: Dorm Room For Twins
    Gallery name of room: Polar Opposites
    Origin id: simfany_x0

Here is my take on the challenge.

2i7bjf6.jpg

I based it on my dorm room when I was in college. All of our furniture was the same but we could personalize it any way we wanted to as long as we didn't put holes in the wall.

For Lillian, I figured that even though she likes softer and more toned down colors...she has to still have a favorite color. And for that I chose yellow because I felt it wouldn't be TOO wild and bright.

For Bella, after reading the description, I pictured her as a really girly girl who likes pink and blue. This is why you would see a lot of body care (lotions, nail polish, perfumes etc) on her side.

I must say I enjoyed decoration Lillian's side more....probably because I am a little messier myself. :smile:

Bella:
    2lw7hpi.jpg
    2myp6dh.jpg
    qrm4xw.jpg

Lillian:
    nxq1sp.jpg
    2duecdl.jpg
    24zdn2u.jpg

• lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @steskens they're from Parenthood :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    @steskens they're from Parenthood :)

What she said. :smile:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2017
    Love all these entries o:)

I decided to join as well, although it's not as detailed as some of the rooms already here but it's Sunday evening & I felt it could be fun to do this for a bit haha. So here's my entry: it's called Twin Dorm and you can find it here.

Theme for the week: Dorm Room For Twins
    Gallery name of room: Twin Dorm
    Origin id: Joanne_Snow

juVxzvk.png
    XOdnm9K.png
    a3l4okn.png
    7u29XEA.png
    qhd8aZ4.png
    niv7zQi.png
    25X7AsN.png
    Post edited by SimTrippy on

Leave a Comment