Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All I want for Christmas is...

Snow. And rain. And sunburn. Any chance that seasons will be a GP rather than an EP? Or will we be waiting another year?
Origin ID: ExxCee

Comments

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    Snow. And rain. And sunburn. Any chance that seasons will be a GP rather than an EP? Or will we be waiting another year?

I wish. I really want Seasons to come in a GP this year, I just don't have much hope for it. People seem happy to wait another full year for it as an expansion. I think I'll be moving on before then. *shrug* Currently loading another game as I type this
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    They may have it in the works for this year who knows it might be one of those surprise drops like they did when announcing pets. Half of the time we can never tell what they are doing anyway. I agree though OP. I'd love it too. :wink:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I prefer Seasons as EP. I think GP is a little bit too little for Seasons.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    Yeah, I'd rather have fleshed out EP than half baked game pack.. But you never know. Maybe they could continue expanding seasonal activities and interactions in some vacation packs? I'd still like an EP though
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Unless they patch in weather and add on seasonal activities with multiple game packs that fit in with the season theme I just don't think a single game pack could ever go into the details I want to see with Seasons. It would also end up costing much more to cover what we would get in a single expansion though it would be much more fleshed out as expansion packs in the Sims 4 are all worlds otherwise empty game play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I can't see us waiting another year for an expansion. I'm hoping that summer 2018 will drop an expansion. There almost done with pets, it could happen. I'm hopeful. *chews couch cushion*
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Be careful what you wish for -- they could add each season in a separate GP and you end up paying twice as much for all seasons as you would waiting for an EP. :o

When you think of what would be involved in a seasons pack, I think you need an EP for that sort of detail, where you'd leave the snow in Windenburg and travel to dry Oasis Springs, then over to Brindleton Bay where it could be raining; in Sims 3 the worlds were separate rather than interconnected so you didn't have that issue. There would also need to be some work on CAS: probably a new Outerwear category added along with reclassification of some of the current outfits as suitable as outerwear. Sims reactions to weather would also have to be programmed in -- including cats and dogs since they'll be in the game in November. And that doesn't even include any new activities or Build/Buy items -- for example if some of the features mentioned in the "off the grid" survey make it into the game, such as solar panels (and how weather effects them -- would you have to buy power during fall/winter when there's less sunlight? Or maybe battery storage for those times of the year?). I'd rather have an EP do a full-fledged Seasons pack and get it right the first time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Good grief, I sure hope It will not be another year of waiting. I am exasperated on waiting for seasons. It is my favorite expansion but never seems to get added until the very end of the series.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I don't know. I can't wait another year for Seasons. So if it's not here this year, oh well,but I'll be ignoring this game for a year or two. I'm sure there's something else that can interest me
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

It could happen if were to get a winter vacation gp next quarter but I doubt it.
    BMSO wrote: »
    They may have it in the works for this year who knows it might be one of those surprise drops like they did when announcing pets. Half of the time we can never tell what they are doing anyway. I agree though OP. I'd love it too. :wink:

Pets really wasn't a surprise. We saw the coding in patches months before the announcement.
    Good grief, I sure hope It will not be another year of waiting. I am exasperated on waiting for seasons. It is my favorite expansion but never seems to get added until the very end of the series.

I hope not too but it's looking that way. Prehaps one of the upcoming gamepacks will add a Winter Ski Location with Winter Activities including ice skating.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    But then look what happened with toddlers! Nobody saw that coming then BAM - babies! Although arguably that should have been in the base game all along... ugh I just want to play in piles of leaves! IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?!
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    All I want for Christmas, is pets!

That's right, once we've got Cats&Dogs, perhaps they'll start adding small pets in free content too?

Even though I know we're all desperate for Seasons, remember that it's not like NOTHING will come out between Cats&Dogs and then. There will be at least two Game Packs as well. I'm really getting sick of Season Speculation when there's almost nothing to go on.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wouldn't want seasons as a game pack. Seasons are too big for a game pack and I would not be impressed if each season was separated into an individual pack. Game packs are good but there would be restrictions If seasons was implemented into a game pack.
  • Although seasons would be great as an EP I would prefer if each season had its own GP. That way each season can be more in-depth and expand a bit more. Although it would be more expensive in the long run I would be more than willing to pay more in exchange for better quality and more content.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I WANT SEASONS PLEASE!!!!! I don't think it would work as a game pack though. They could add other game packs such as destination packs that can expand on a certain season. But given the amount of time/work it's taking on each EP, GP, and SP they may not expand on each season individually.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I want rain as a free update lol then seasons as a full blown EP and I'd be very pleased if they could throw in witches and a new holiday destination in between. #endwishfulthinking
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would like this too! I really hope seasons is the next expansion pack i cant wait another 2 years for it!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Seasons, done the way I'm sure you would want them to be done, will not fit in a GP, there's too much programing. I'm guessing you want holidays with interactions like gift giving. I don't want the big packs rushed. I want them full and done well.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    a werewolves GP o:)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    a werewolves GP o:)

my number 1 wish in this game
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @MidnightAura It concerns me how a lot of ideas are being scaled down into smaller Game Packs. I see the logic in them but they will never be the same as an actual EP!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Trust and believe the next EP is a year away. I hope it's seasons
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @MidnightAura It concerns me how a lot of ideas are being scaled down into smaller Game Packs. I see the logic in them but they will never be the same as an actual EP!

I agree. What's more frightening though is that some people are happy for things to be reduced to game packs. I like game packs but they are not a patch on a full expansion but sadly game packs have been better than many of the expansions for the game.