Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite game packs ?

What are your favorites so far? Mine are Outdooretreat, Parenthood, and Vampires.

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Base game, get together, get to work, toddler stuff pack. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @Stormsview none of those are game packs tho..
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Vampires and Parenthood
    I honestly just love them. I feel like the Game Pack team did REALLY well this year. The items, clothes, gameplay etc I just love those packs.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2017
    My two favorites (gamepacks):

1. Parenthood <3
    2. Dine Out <3

Parenthood is #1 in my heart, I've never felt so connected with TS4 untill Parenthood. But Dine Out also had some great outing moments for a girls brunch, romantic dates, or just a family outing :smiley: . Not to mention I really like owning desserts or breakfast restaurants too <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2017
    I actually love all of them, I think the order would be something like this:
    1. Parenthood
    2. Dine Out
    3. Vampires
    4. Spa Day
    5. Outdoor Retreat

But ... it doesn't say much cause I couldn't play without any of them, except maybe Outdoor Retreat. But I've only recently started to really change the vacation world & include more fun things to do/ venues, so I'm liking it better now. Spa Day is super low in the list but I use it all the time, probably more than I use Vampires but I do love having supernaturals in my game for when I'm done playing the usual type of sim life (until witches come around, because those I just really, really, really miss & play a lot in TS3). Dine Out as well, I absolutely love this GP, it's what made me have hope for Sims 4 again (that & CL lol). Finally, Parenthood adds a lot of small things & mechanics and is mostly number one because it introduces deeper changes to the overall mechanics of the game, which I think was very much needed. So it completes a lot of the family play that was sorely missing before & rightfully gets to go on top. :)
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I love 'em all too. It's kind of like asking which child you love the best. They're all wonderful in their way, and together they make a great family.
    I guess my order would be:
    1) Vampires
    2) Outdoor Retreat
    3) Spa Day
    4) Parenthood
    5) Dine Out
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Here's my ranking...like other have said, all of them have been very well done though...
    1.Parenthood (hands down the best, the most gameplay of all the packs in my opinion)
    2. Dine Out (I love creating my own restaurants and the amount of customization is great, however I do wish you could be a waiter or hostess as well)
    3. Vampires (great customization of vampires strengths and weaknesses, great CAS, and great furniture, however it feels very niche gameplay)
    4. Spa Day (Spas are fun to visit with lots of interesting activities, and I love yoga, meditation and the wellness skill, however my sims rarely visit spas)
    5. Outdoor Retreat (My least favorite game pack, the vacation world feels empty and boring, not much to do, and I barely ever use the herbalism skill)
  • MikaScarletMikaScarlet Posts: 34 Member
    I don't have Outdoor Retreat, but my favorite so far is Parenthood with Spa Day and Dine Out tied at second, then the Vampire Pack. Really wish a Witch Pack is coming soon in the future.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    vamps :>
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Vampires! <3

Everything else is just filler for the mortal cattle. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    Parenthood is amazing!
  • XyrathiaXyrathia Posts: 3 New Member
    Vampire and Parenthood !
    Parenthood give me envision how it looks like when i have kid laters :D
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Vampires and Parenthood
    I honestly just love them. I feel like the Game Pack team did REALLY well this year. The items, clothes, gameplay etc I just love those packs.

Yeah I hope that team get a great Xmas bonus - they really deserve it.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Ally0507Ally0507 Posts: 54 Member
    Ouh. This is a tough one. I think, all of the expansion packs and Parenthood...But in all honesty, I love all the packs so far. They all add something kinda special to the game and you can always use one or the other item!
  • OceanBeautyIIOceanBeautyII Posts: 27,012 Member
    edited October 2017
    I only have Outdoor Retreat and Vampires so I'd have to say those two. I've seen reviews for the others but there's a major difference between playing a game yourself and watching someone else play it.
    Outdoor Retreat
    I like the Outdoor Retreat because it can feel like the camping experience it was meant to be. The tents, inflatable beds, buyable chairs and herbalism skill is great! And can also let your alien sims have sort of an adventure learning more about the planet they crash landed on. Although, when I saw the bear moodlet for the first time I actually panicked and went looking around for a bear.
    11ujp7s.jpg
    Some fearsome bear...

Vampires
    Before vampires came out, I was about to stop playing TS4 entirely and I'd barely had the game for four months. I was so excited when I first saw this game pack's trailer and I knew I wouldn't be leaving the game forever. When I first played the game I fell in love with it and still love it to this day. The dark forms, the powers with required weaknesses, the Moonlight Falls-like neighborhood and more had me amazed. This one game pack and this one game pack alone kept me invested in The Sims 4. I haven't bought a game pack since but because I love vampires way too much I'll be entertained for a while.
    Oh yeah, the duels are cool, too.
    n4ysy1.jpg
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    11ujp7s.jpg
    "I don't care that you're tired of the woods. The public restrooms are for people only!'"

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Vampires. I use its content the most. I haven't acquired Parenthood or Dine Out yet, though.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't have spa day, but I love the ones I have. I would rank them by used most to least:
    1. Parenthood
    2. Dine out
    3. Vampires
    4. Outdoor retreat
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    I don't have spa day, but I love the ones I have. I would rank them by used most to least:
    1. Parenthood
    2. Dine out
    3. Vampires
    4. Outdoor retreat

Same, I have those four-game packs
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    How can anyone like Parenthood LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Simple because we family players like family play.
    edited October 2017
    I am a family player but I hate kids in this game due to that pack.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Any particular reason ?
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

The joy of imperfection <3. Before parenthood and toddlers, I was able to have up to 13 kids with soo much boredom or hardly a challenge....the teens were random roomates that didn't pay rent and the kids were just "Hi mommy I did my homework today!" :lol: . I used to kick out the teens out just for being freeloaders and the kids would just be there....as random homework robots. Meanwhile the poor baby object only reminded me of how dull parenting and family life truly was :weary: the hoooorrrrrooorrrr. It's no wonder I was gone for so long :lol: .

Parenthood saved me from the impossible perfection/dullness of TS4's original family life. And if it wasn't for it as well as toddlers, I honestly don't think I would have had hope in TS4 at all. So I give it a badge of "the unicorn" for it's rarity and love and care. <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    Any particular reason ?
    They feel harder to manage because they do things that you would have to deal with as a real parent. If that makes sense.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641