Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you miss the The Sims 2 site?

2...Next

Comments

• fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    edited September 2017
    Please Ea Bring Back The Sims 2 Exchange i Want Download Aladdin Palace with Jafar Sim :'(
    Post edited by fake on
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't know why they closed the old sites, they were good place for retro simmers to hang up easily.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know why they closed the old sites, they were good place for retro simmers to hang up easily.

If TS3 site was still open I would be over there, lol, it was a lot of fun though I don't love TS3 as much as TS2. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

It costs money to maintain those sites, sadly.

I'm glad they just named the Sims 4 website thesims.com, so that we don't have to migrate to a new website each time a new entry is released.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited September 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

If TS3 site was still open I would be over there, lol, it was a lot of fun though I don't love TS3 as much as TS2. :)

@Cinebar: I got an account for downloading people's creations other there but I am sad the forum is closed. I have not a huge interests in sims 4 only a little, meeting sims 4 friends is absolutely great I am happy I got friends in the sims 4 community I love them so much but sometimes I don't know why, we feel better at our place if we are retro simmers with people who stucks at the same game as you and even for nostalgics who can't play anymore sims 2 or sims 3 to be there , hanging up, sharing remembers, reading stories etc as plenty mentionned the storyboard of the sims 2 official forum, i am sure it's good for them too being off the complains and the negativity, the frustrations sims 4 brings with it.
    B)

@icmnfrsh :
    @icmnfrsh wrote:
    I'm glad they just named the Sims 4 website thesims.com, so that we don't have to migrate to a new website each time a new entry is released.

Yes plenty of and even advertizings aren't an enough income from sites and I understand them, it's better to all hang up in the same forum for all games but I am the feeling we're much here in the official sims 4 forum and they don't bring back all the favourite old features people appreciates as stories etc. Just old conversations we don't want to bump years after because no one will reply you or warm you politely.

-- hmm it's always open a big deal! Between the relief of being all there no more changing the forum and the feeling of being too much not in our place. Or that's just my own feelings ... I might be wrong !
    Just both point of views is right.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I wish we had never lost all the data from the old sites. My simpage from The Sims 2, all my uploads, blog entries. All gone. :'(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, I wish we had never lost all the data from the old sites. My simpage from The Sims 2, all my uploads, blog entries. All gone. :'(

Yeah, and the old BBS had so many tutorials and helpful things and special downloads from creators like CokeBuilder etc. I hate to see good stuff and information just get destoryed and trashed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    All these creativity and advices are gone forever :'( .
  • fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    i miss Aladdin Palace lot and Ursula sim from The Sims 2 Exchange :'(
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    I had a number of downloads up on the TS2 site along with a number of entries in my guestbook that I lost in the transition (unfortunately, I couldn't get the site to load for me when it was announced we should have been able to still get in to download and save what we had so never really had the opportunity to save any of that nor my downloads). However, I also understand EA's position where they felt it was an "old" game and that they likely needed the space on the server along with a need to cut costs. Unfortunately, for better or worse, this happens with most games over time. It's just a reality.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Yes i do, i remember joining it, back in 2004. it was great
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    i love the sims2 site i miss it
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Memory lane!
    I remember that website looking at it.

It's been such a while though.
    I love how the website looks.. especially the 2005 variant.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Really loved that site as well. Favourite part was the stories and videos, but there was so much of everything there a 'quick visit' usually turned into more hours than I care to think of. It was more of a place by and for the simmers, not a mouthpiece for the company.
  • jmattgamingjmattgaming Posts: 18 Member
    Aww I miss the Exchange :(
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I miss it mostly because I can't download the free Maxis objects anymore.
  • Zango11Zango11 Posts: 133 Member
    I miss the stories section- I used to love reading stories there! I even wrote a few myself (and now I'm in the process of writing a play- see it all started with the sims!)
  • lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 31 Member
    yes i love this story
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I LOVED reading the stories!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top