Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the clothes line looks to bulky

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    To be really "eco" it would have just the one line between two posts or one line attached to the outside house wall with a clothes prop to hoist the line up in the middle. Your four lines and hoists are just too modern and presume that you will have a large garden or lot to put it in.

In old tenements in Scotland there was sometimes a pulley hoist for drying clothes that could be pulled up high inside the kitchen or hallway out of the occupants' way as there was no outside space and clothes etc., dried by the warm air rising. They are still being made by Pullymaid!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    To be really "eco" it would have just the one line between two posts or one line attached to the outside house wall with a clothes prop to hoist the line up in the middle. Your four lines and hoists are just too modern and presume that you will have a large garden or lot to put it in.

In old tenements in Scotland there was sometimes a pulley hoist for drying clothes that could be pulled up high inside the kitchen or hallway out of the occupants' way as there was no outside space and clothes etc., dried by the warm air rising. They are still being made by Pullymaid!

that sounds like what I'm use to @Mchap353
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    It look more like an ornament in my opinion but I'll take what I can get. It's a shame they haven't done a simpler less fancy looking version alongside the chosen one. Some variety would have been nice
    edited September 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »

that sounds like what I'm use to @Mchap353

They already attach festival lights to houses with flags, etc., on them. Perhaps they could use/adapt the item for putting clothes and towels on as well.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    DIIFZjUUMAAWnBW.jpg:large

Lol this might just be me, but i really hope they don't peg the shirts by the shoulders, haha its how my husband does it if he ever does laundry and it drives me crazy!

why does it hurt the shirts ? @leashahampton

it can stretch the shirts out of shape and you need to either wash them again, or iron them - Lol im OCD when it comes to how i do washing :D

How do YOU hang them? I've never never used a clothesline so I'm just asking. If you use clothes pins you have to pin them up some how right?
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member

Lol this might just be me, but i really hope they don't peg the shirts by the shoulders, haha its how my husband does it if he ever does laundry and it drives me crazy!

why does it hurt the shirts ? @leashahampton

it can stretch the shirts out of shape and you need to either wash them again, or iron them - Lol im OCD when it comes to how i do washing :D

How do YOU hang them? I've never never used a clothesline so I'm just asking. If you use clothes pins you have to pin them up some how right?

So you peg them in the bottom corners of the shirt, so they hang up side down
    rzsH227.png
    edited September 2017

well it looks like there going to hang them by the shoulder I'm pretty sure that there clothing is magic so it shouldn't hurt them I mean they put there clothing on like wonder woman use to by spinning into them lol @leashahampton
    also I think some blankets would look good on the line even if we cant wash them it would look nice
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Anyone got a pic of it?

Here's the one that I shared on twitter @Xoxk9 :smile:

While there are certainly a wide variety of different clotheslines out there, such as the type that @kwanzaabot posted, this style is the one we've chosen to go with for this pack. If we create alternate versions, they'd still follow this same basic shape with the same number of lines.

Is there a version without the spandrel things on the poles?

That's what modders are for ;)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @rinre33 wrote: »
    It look more like an ornament in my opinion but I'll take what I can get. It's a shame they haven't done a simpler less fancy looking version alongside the chosen one. Some variety would have been nice

We don't know what other styles are coming.
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I thought Graham said that this was the only style coming?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited September 2017
    rinre33 wrote: »

I hope not, that would make the clothesline really out of place in many different styles of houses...

I mean, TS3 Ambitions gave us only one clothesline but it's a very generic one so it can fit in most places... (And unlike washers and dryers, we didn't get anymore clotheslines in later packs or the store)
    Omri147 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »

I hope not, that would make the clothesline really out of place in many different styles of houses...

I mean, TS3 Ambitions gave us only one clothesline but it's a very generic one so it can fit in most places... (And unlike washers and dryers, we didn't get anymore clotheslines in later packs or the store)

If it is the only style available (which I hope it is not) then I hope we get many swatches including a warn out one. As you said, it would be difficult to fit it in a variety of builds otherwise.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I really would like without spandrels, a fancy and simple version would be perfect.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    I hope they add a bag/basket of clothes pegs!
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I want one of those small spinning washing lines because they're compact and great for small gardens unlike that other one...
    giphy_1.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    The one my Mom had and years later, the one I had were pretty basic. No frills models. LOL I know it seems to many to be on the clunky side, but I'd like to see it in the game. If you have a fancier than thou house with all the frilly stuff on the porch, as in Victorian style, the spandrels may very well fit in.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2017
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Anyone got a pic of it?

Here's the one that I shared on twitter @Xoxk9 :smile:

While there are certainly a wide variety of different clotheslines out there, such as the type that @kwanzaabot posted, this style is the one we've chosen to go with for this pack. If we create alternate versions, they'd still follow this same basic shape with the same number of lines.

Speaking of alternate clothes lines @SimGuruGraham is it possible that you add a more modern version of the clothes line? Like this (with steel instead of wood; this one would fit the basic shape):
    9349973001098.jpg

And why are there on clothes hanging on the fourth line?
    a256aFi.gif
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2017
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Yay! Everyone can be happy :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

They might have multiple swatches... Some with and some without the bracket. All they would need to do is make the bracket transparent on some swatches.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    What world was this video recorded in?
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    What world was this video recorded in?

I'm going to guess either Windenburg or Brindleton Bay
    I like the way it looks @SimGuruGraham :) I like the way the wind blows to
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    A version without spandrels ! Perfect ! :)