Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4: Parenthood

Do you think that TS4 Parenthood is worth it? What are some of the features and gameplay in it?

Comments

• LivstmeLivstme Posts: 47 Member
    Personally it is my favourite stuff pack. I feel like it enriches the day to day play of every family I play.

There are a lot more socials that make your kids and teens act their age more, such as siblings being able to mock each other's grades.

Other features include the new character values that you can earn through the way the parents interact and influence their children. For example your parents will be asked advice by their children, and their will be two options which will result in an increase/decrease in the character values that make the sims seem more unique. You can make your good sim empathetic with good conflict resolution.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Parenthood is a pretty good game pack.

Your sims can gain a new parenting skill which will help them be better at resolving their child's daily issues. The children and teens do go through phases which can cause negative or neutral moods around others. The children and teens depending on the way they were influenced will take those traits they have built up or built down will take those into adult hood either making them good at dealing with conflict, better manners. more responsible and even showing empathy.

The parents who have a decently parenting skill (lvl 3 ) can also give parenting advice to help those struggling and they can also research and look up parenting skills also. You don't need to have any skill level for them to do research but they will gain that level when they do it.

Also there is a new curfew feature as well as punishment system added so kids and teens can be grounded and there is also a dedicated fart and belch option (That is if you like causing sims to react to a little bit of potty humor).

There are a lot of neat features with it. There is a ton of new game play and helpful objects added with the game that can also hinder their personality as well as new home work projects that help them with their grades.

Sorry for the long reply but I would recommend it. Just check out some of the reviews as well to see if you like it.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It is. :) It adds so much more to what is already in the game.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    It finally gives the player a way to help mold (raise) their Simmies. It's far more hands-on, if you will. Also, our Sims can develop five Values with our guidance, not just skills. I love this GAME pack and can't get enough of it. It is very well worth it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    It definitely adds a lot of realism, which is my favorite part of the pack. When my sims are angry or uncomfortable they'll "shout forbidden words", kids will go ask their parents for advice autonomously, and sims will go talk to people about their current mood. Really there's a lot more to it than just that, but I just love the little things that the pack added to gameplay.
  • SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    One of my favourites so far, it adds to the mods I have that give moodlets different + numbers to make moods last longer, or harder to change, Finally my Sims are starting to gain life and I can play for hours now rather than quick plays just like I did when I used to play Sims 2.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    I love this game pack. It makes family play in The Sims 4 so unique.
    Not only will parenting style have consequences, but children and teens are also more unexpected. You never know when they are going into the phase and what advice are they going to ask. After the children grow up, the special relationship will be formed with parents, siblings and grandparents to show how they treated that sim during their childhood.
    It is 100% worth it, unless you aren't family player (it may get you into family play). <3
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    I do. I think it adds a lot to the game. Makes it more realistic. The only thing that buggs me is some of the phases.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I think it is the best pack thus far.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Bit late to the party - I took a break from simming for a few months but installed Parenthood and Toddler Stuff at the weekend and it is SO GOOD. I'm genuinely surprised how much detail there is in it - I love it. I've progressed my first sim from toddler to teen and I'm waiting to get home tonight to age her up and move her to the big city to start her own life. I feel like this is what has been missing with the progression gameplay and it is so good that it's fixed. Well worth it.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I do think so. I am a family style player and I think it is the best pack yet.
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    It makes gameplay so much more meaningful