Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carnival/Circus SP

I'd love to see something which we could use to improve community lots like parks. A circus/carnival pack could introduce lots of fun options, from the obvious food stands (popcorn/candy apples etc) to more exciting things such as:

- Warped mirrors for making halls of mirrors;
- Unicycles/juggling balls/other items for sims to practice with (children as well as adults, so they could do shows!);
- Stages/bandstands for parks where sims can perform;
- Rides for toddlers through to adults (spinning teacups anyone!?);
- More fun lighting/build items to create interesting outdoor areas;
- More outdoor clothing, although I see more of that will be coming with Cats & Dogs...

There is already some content from City Living and Get Together which would support this sort of SP, and I'd just love something which would add a bit more depth to the otherwise quite boring parks/community lots... thoughts?
Origin ID: ExxCee

Comments

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    This could not be a SP but a GP. SPs only have two new items, all the rest is just things we have in the game already.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wouldn't mind a full Carnival Pack, but I'd be happy with a small six person Merry-Go-Round with animal figures your sim can ride. And it should be available for kids and up to ride. It could be placed in parks or public areas.

I would also like the two (clown and spooky) small roller coasters that we could build. The ones with the objects that your sim would fall into or spin on or get hit by. I loved those S1 coasters.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think a game pack would be better because there's a lot they could do with this idea. Like add new Careers, lot types, and gameplay
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Can't say I'm all for this idea.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited September 2017
    I would love a circus/carnival stuff pack, but I would prefer to see it as part of a game pack - something like Sims 1 Makin' Magic, which included fairs and funfair items and gameplay. I am not suggesting that real magic should be included - that should be in a separate GP, along with witches/wizards (and maybe fairies).
    If it were in a GP, it could have it's own world like vampires does. Then, it wouldn't take up space in our regular worlds and we would have more of an adventure traveling to the Carnival grounds. Plus, maybe it could be just a carnival during the day, and a spooky, haunted carnival at night.

Picture in your minds the map of GF. The lots up front could be different areas of the overall carnival. Instead of walking through the woods to go places you would walk through the carnival with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagons and trailers for the staff and restrooms.

Each lot could have a theme. Kiddieland for small kids and toddlers. Scream Mountain could be the giant roller coaster and a smaller coaster, The Boa Coaster, that threads thru the giant one. One lot for games of chance to win prizes and one lot with a huge merry-go-round that changes to a scary-go-round at night. The pretty dancing horses turn into horses from Hades that snort fire and it can spin super fast and make sims ill.

The food carts could be sprinkled throughout the carnival grounds and serve weird, spicy or dangerous food (puffer fish) at night. There would be signs and posters of the bearded lady or the strong man or the dancing bear just like the posters of old.

There could be a lot with a tent for different types of entertainment that's a rabbit hole and notices pop-up when a new show is about to begin. Inside, things, both good and bad, could happen to your sim. Maybe the clowns splashed you with water or a horse stepped on you foot because you were too close or your sim won the door prize and gets to start the show from the center ring with the Ringmaster.

The big lot far away could be the haunted house and we can follow our sims into it and interact with objects. There could be floating chairs, mirrors that are distorted, ghosts. If you pull a lever, a trap door opens and you fall to the basement and must figure your way back out. Or a hidden door opens and your behind the walls trying to find where that eerie sound is coming from. Could it lead to the Doctors secret laboratory? Will he catch you? Will you become his next experiment? Or maybe you sit in a chair and it and the wall spins around and your in a hidden room full of weird objects. But don't touch until you figure out the puzzle or bad things happen.
  • jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Just the thought of popcorn balls and cotton candy makes this sound so cool! And roasted peanuts!
  • ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    I would buy this pack for sure! Having rides would be amazing!
    There would definitely need to be a creepy and unpredictable element to it. Maybe if your sims spend too long in the hall of mirrors they could come out looking (temporarily) like their reflection. Or sims who ride too many times on the ghost train could be literally frightened to death. Or your sim couple could take a ride through the tunnel of love to boost their romantic relationship, only for it to backfire and have the opposite effect.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    There would definitely need to be a creepy and unpredictable element to it. Maybe if your sims spend too long in the hall of mirrors they could come out looking (temporarily) like their reflection. Or sims who ride too many times on the ghost train could be literally frightened to death. Or your sim couple could take a ride through the tunnel of love to boost their romantic relationship, only for it to backfire and have the opposite effect.

I *LOVE* that idea. Having warped sims dying on the ghost trains xD
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If it were in a GP, it could have it's own world like vampires does. Then, it wouldn't take up space in our regular worlds and we would have more of an adventure traveling to the Carnival grounds. Plus, maybe it could be just a carnival during the day, and a spooky, haunted carnival at night.

Picture in your minds the map of GF. The lots up front could be different areas of the overall carnival. Instead of walking through the woods to go places you would walk through the carnival with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagons and trailers for the staff and restrooms.

Each lot could have a theme. Kiddieland for small kids and toddlers. Scream Mountain could be the giant roller coaster and a smaller coaster, The Boa Coaster, that threads thru the giant one. One lot for games of chance to win prizes and one lot with a huge merry-go-round that changes to a scary-go-round at night. The pretty dancing horses turn into horses from Hades that snort fire and it can spin super fast and make sims ill.

The food carts could be sprinkled throughout the carnival grounds and serve weird, spicy or dangerous food (puffer fish) at night. There would be signs and posters of the bearded lady or the strong man or the dancing bear just like the posters of old.

There could be a lot with a tent for different types of entertainment that's a rabbit hole and notices pop-up when a new show is about to begin. Inside, things, both good and bad, could happen to your sim. Maybe the clowns splashed you with water or a horse stepped on you foot because you were too close or your sim won the door prize and gets to start the show from the center ring with the Ringmaster.

The big lot far away could be the haunted house and we can follow our sims into it and interact with objects. There could be floating chairs, mirrors that are distorted, ghosts. If you pull a lever, a trap door opens and you fall to the basement and must figure your way back out. Or a hidden door opens and your behind the walls trying to find where that eerie sound is coming from. Could it lead to the Doctors secret laboratory? Will he catch you? Will you become his next experiment? Or maybe you sit in a chair and it and the wall spins around and your in a hidden room full of weird objects. But don't touch until you figure out the puzzle or bad things happen.

Soooo many possibilities. I really really hope they consider something like this... I think it would just be amazing. Is this the world where the Sad Clown originates?
    edited October 2017
    @ExxCee He would be the mayor! LOL! :D

My thinking is it would be something different, which is what the devs would like to work on. and a throw back to the magic town in sims 1.
    ExxCee wrote: »
    Soooo many possibilities. I really really hope they consider something like this... I think it would just be amazing. Is this the world where the Sad Clown originates?
    But of course!
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Leave the circus part out. The city already looks like a circus.