The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

So...are you going to buy the laundry pack?

Comments

• JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    So apparently laundry won.
    I'm gonna be skipping this pack.

How about you? :*

Why are you skipping it? I'm excited about it. I liked washing and drying clothes in TS3.

71rbpi.png
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to pay $10 just to do laundry in the game.

On a serious note, the concept is nice but I won't be buying it.

They should have added laundry in a free update just like they did with toddlers. It kind of reminds me of the "Fitness Stuff pack".. you are basically paying $10 just for a climbing wall that will get boring after 5 minutes lol.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,134 Member
    Where do you vote for these packs?

We had both in TS3

Good preserving might come later I guess. Makes you wonder if they already created these features.
    Origin ID

Marcelina wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to pay $10 just to do laundry in the game.

On a serious note, the concept is nice but I won't be buying it.

They should have added laundry in a free update just like they did with toddlers. It kind of reminds me of the "Fitness Stuff pack".. you are basically paying $10 just for a climbing wall that will get boring after 5 minutes lol.

Agree I get bored very quickly with stuff packs. It's the premium content is the reason why I buy them for but the laundry one. Is it going to be a SP or GP?

It should come with quite a few items we don't have.
    Origin ID

• JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    It wasn't my first choice but I was happy with how the pack was going until laundry was picked. I'm not gonna buy it. Laundry in Sims 3 got tedious at best. I haven't gotten most of the Stuff Packs I want so I'm definitely not gonna buy a pack with laundry as the main focus.
  • SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2017
    I was thinking only a few days before I heard about this pack, how much I wanted my sims to be able to do laundry/have washing machines again.

It's odd, because, as I told my boyfriend, I get more excited about my sims doing laundry, than doing laundry in RL.

I guess, I just like my sims having plenty to do while they're at home. Whether that is entertainment-based things or domestic chores. The more stuff they can do at home, the more I like it.

So, yes I will be buying it.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • MondayMonday Posts: 358 Member
    Unless it woos me over like nothing else for the clothing/build stuff, which I don't know that it will, nope.

I only recently played Sims 3 with laundry for the first time and I absolutely despised it. All it came down to, for me at least, was more busy work. I already can barely let my sims deal with what messes they already create before I just deal with it myself. To have even more stuff for them to clean and pick up would, I think, drive me completely insane.

Ultimately, it's not my play style. I get the element of realism etc that comes with it, and I do think it should be an optional part of the game, but I play for the interactions between the sims and for building. All of the details that come with actually running the household get to me after a while.

Just, not for me. After maybe two Sim days of doing laundry in Sims 3, I deleted the washer and clothesline because I just couldn't do it.

I do honestly really like the style that was picked in regard to fashion and decor, though. That part, as they say, is my jam.
    a63ftuN.png
  • georgeandjudycasgeorgeandjudycas Posts: 191 Member
    Blah! I hated the laundry in the sims 3. I never used it. So I don't think I'll be buying it.
  • VibseVibse Posts: 98 Member
    I am not really interested in laundry so I will have to wait and see what else the pack contains before deciding if I should give it a pass or not.
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Even though I don't think anything I voted for won any of the vote stages, I'll be buying it because it's $10.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I've no interest in the laundry portion itself. I don't want to wash and fold clothes in real life and I'm not too keen on watching my sims do it. However, I like a lot of the proposed furniture and a few of the CAS items so there we are.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 68 Member
    didn't buy any stuff packs except kids room, void critters awesome activity for kids
  • MeikoRoseMeikoRose Posts: 10 New Member
    I can't wait! I loved laundry in Sims 3 and have been waiting on this for ages!
  • Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    Laundry is about as interesting as watching paint dry.
    However; if the pack contains anything somewhat worthwhile I might consider it when it's on sale.
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
    Laundry looks great if your a builder. But admit myself it can get annoying when you have to have a laundry basket in every room unless Sims litter dirty pile every time they remove them.

Origin ID

• bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 422 Member
    when is this pack going to be available?
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,068 Member
    I'll buy it but I have so many exp./game/stuff packs to buy already that I will probably let it wait a bit.
  • AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Laundry looks great if your a builder. But admit myself it can get annoying when you have to have a laundry basket in every room unless Sims litter dirty pile every time they remove them.

It has actually been confirmed that you only need 1 laundry basket in a house (or floor? I don't remember the exact wording) to get all the dropped laundry.
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    I'm going to buy it.... It's not what I ultimately wanted to win... But I still think the objects are worth having!

It has actually been confirmed that you only need 1 laundry basket in a house (or floor? I don't remember the exact wording) to get all the dropped laundry.

Oh good. It will be nice to build a laundry room in a basement.
    Well it's an improvement not having littered clothing everywhere B)
    Origin ID

• AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member

Oh good. It will be nice to build a laundry room in a basement.
    Well it's an improvement not having littered clothing everywhere B)

Agreed
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 238 Member
    The pack objects look great. Can't wait for the wicker furniture. Will be buying for sure.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,602 Member
    Well, I will be buying 2 laundry's. I need one for the upstairs and downstairs. we have a big home. I should get a pack for the kids too so they can do their own laundry. ;)
    Regretting not buying all the Sims 3 packs when they were on sale. :s
    (Q) Which pack do I regret most buying?
    (A) Sims 4 base game.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,702 Member
    I'm not buying it. One because it's laundry and no disrespect to anyone who enjoys it but it's not my idea of fun in a game. I don't always use it in the sims 3 but I never paid 29.99 specifically for laundry when I bought the EP so I love the pack I just don't always use the feature. I can't say I want to buy housework for my sims to the tune of 7.99 I hope those that buy it enjoy it though.

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,602 Member
    I'm not buying it. One because it's laundry and no disrespect to anyone who enjoys it but it's not my idea of fun in a game. I don't always use it in the sims 3 but I never paid 29.99 specifically for laundry when I bought the EP so I love the pack I just don't always use the feature. I can't say I want to buy housework for my sims to the tune of 7.99 I hope those that buy it enjoy it though.

The maids have very little to do, make them do your laundry ;)
    Regretting not buying all the Sims 3 packs when they were on sale. :s
    (Q) Which pack do I regret most buying?
    (A) Sims 4 base game.