Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinion: small lots

I love big lots, don't get me wrong. But I also like the challenge of creating houses or bars/museums/etc in a confined space. I would love to get a whole bourough in an upcoming world filled with small lots (20x15, 15x15, 10x15, 20x10, stuff like that).
Please guys, tell me I'm not the only one who wants something like this! :)
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    You are definitely not the only one. I love both the 64x64 lots and the really small ones!
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Yes! I love doing mini-builds and seeing how much you can squeeze in to a confined space. 20x10 would be a challenge though...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I never know what to do with bigger lots. I am not a builder and most bigger lots in the gallery are huge mansions, which I am not a fan of playing in or parks, which I have enough of. Almost all premade maxis stuff requires 30×20, so I would love more of those. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I end up short on small lots the most. Even 20x30 lots can feel too big. When I want Sims in a smaller home, they often end up with a huge yard, and often in a neighbourhood that feels rich based on the streetscaping, nearby parks, backdrop buildings, etc. It's like the 80% of the available lots have been designed for the top 20% of the population. My bottom 20% gets "feels right" housing; it's the 20-40 or 50 band that can end up nagging at me when I'm housing them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I love big lots, don't get me wrong. But I also like the challenge of creating
    houses or bars/museums/etc in a confined space. I would love to get a whole bourough in an upcoming world filled with small lots (20x15, 15x15, 10x15, 20x10, stuff like that).

no no no. We could not even make a toddler park. and if you made a Vet hospital, where will they park. on a different lot? :D dogs need room to play.
    we are getting one 64/64 and two 40/40's already. and then maybe some smaller ones. but never start from the bottom. that's just for leftover space. :s
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that wants more of them!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I love the small lots! I love the big ones, too, of course, though I've yet to fill one up so I end up with a decent house and still tons of space. But I LOVE squeezing something into a small lot. It's just such a different build and living dynamic.

Eventually I'll do a legacy on one of Newcrest's 20x15 lots. Would LOVE to get a big family on a tiny lot.
    a63ftuN.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited September 2017
    Some stats :
    • 64x64 : 2
    • 50x50 : 4
    • 50x40 : 1
    • 40x30 : 25
    • 40x20 : 1
    • 30x30 : 6
    • 30x20 : 44
    • 20x20 : 7
    • 20x15 : 8

98 lots in the 7 home worlds. Apartment lots, Special lots and Granite Falls aren't counted.

The most of the time I convert 30x20 lots from The Sims 2, but they are 20x20 lots because 10x20 was used by the street/sidewalks.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    I love big lots, don't get me wrong. But I also like the challenge of creating houses or bars/museums/etc in a confined space. I would love to get a whole bourough in an upcoming world filled with small lots (20x15, 15x15, 10x15, 20x10, stuff like that).

That's fine as long as it was a type of world that called for only those size lots, like say a 'city' but we see we can't alter the 'city' so my problem is not being able to change a 20x15 lot into a 64x64 lot like I can in TS2 and TS3 by simply moving stuff around. The limits on players in designing their worlds is horrendous. It's back to TS1 days, but even there we had more control than we do now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited September 2017
    I quite like smallish lots - 20x20 and 20x15 lots can be great fun to build on. Plus I have a soft spot for double and three storied houses, which can be quite spacious inside without needing a large footprint.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I like the smallish lots for starter homes and to save money up for bigger lots. But I notice I tend to use the 40x20 / 40x30 lots a lot. As they're the perfect size for a big family. Lots of space for the house, for a garden, and for a backyard with all kinds of activities. :)
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2017
    I like a variety of sizes, but yes! Definitely could use some more small lots. Sometimes I come up with ideas for retail, and then I think, ugh, I have to use an entire lot for that, when really I only need a small space (and I don't have any of them left anywhere, so it would mean having to bulldoze something I'm already using), so a few small lots - even smaller than what we already have- would be so useful for me.