Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish sims could die of illness in sims 4

Comments

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Got my interest peaked. Although the Gas and giggles could have the death by laughter.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Some more dangerous or deadly consequences would be welcome, this game as it stands is like a giant safe space, nothing nasty or fun... At all.
    raw
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I like my game being happy la la land. I don't want negativity in my game at all :D
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I guess what I don't get is the idea that sims being a positive game is a bad thing. We live in a world full of nasty, mean, evil, people.Where bad things happen to people who don't deserve it. It would be like if I said Im happy that serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer exist, or else the world would be "too" happy..idk :/
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I guess what I don't get is the idea that sims being a positive game is a bad thing. We live in a world full of nasty, mean, evil, people.Where bad things happen to people who don't deserve it. It would be like if I said Im happy that serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer exist, or else the world would be "too" happy..idk :/

To me there is a difference between real life and my game.

1) Nice gaming
    Sometimes I just want to fish a little and enjoy the scenery, mostly when my real life is hectic.

2) Exciting gaming
    Other times when I am really happy and things are great I want a little bit of challenge in my game. This is when I start my " A hero's journey "-gaming. It used to be MMO's or rpg's with a storyline of "you are the chosen one who will defeat [insert bad thing] and quite possibly make out with a cute set of pixels. Before I beat up orcs or darkspawn and had some nice cinematics at the campfire and now I'm playing the sims.

- Your husband died but you are the chosen one to take this family through the hard time. Move away of the rat infested apartment to lovely Windenburg.

- The nightclubs are full of exciting sims and hungry vampires. You could stay safely at home but you are the chosen one. You will go there and dance, perhaps even turn into a vampire hunter. Getting rid of the worst ones and buying a nice place in Oasis Springs because no vampires lives there in my save.

- Your community ended up stranded on an Island without food or electricity, oh noes. A few sims may die from hunger, cow plants or other dangerous things but fear not, you are the chosen one to bring order, food and perhaps even a bowling lane to the Island. In a few generations this will be a marvelous place to live in.

It isn't that I am happy that there is pain or suffering in the world. I just want to be part of a exciting story about surviving bad things happening, not giving up, striving forward. Before it was saving the world for certain end, now it is perhaps saving enough to move out of your dumpy starter.

If there isn't something to overcome, I don't feel the same buzz while playing. I am often trying to make the game more scary or difficult, because that makes me enjoy the stories more. I need a little bit of hard times in the middle of the story before the storybook ending that I usually give to my sims.
  • HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    I agree with this idea. It would make the game much more interesting. Hopefully a skilled modder is already on the case. Since I play my sims on a "Rated-MA" level, I want Death by Disease/Illness mod or added by the devs. Anything to keep up Sim stories.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think death by illness would raise the ratting Disney and children books have death by illness all the time
    a little princess the secret garden cinderella prince and the pauper I mean the list goes on and on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    and I think taking care of your sim would be fun are just to see how they do on there own
  • EbonyxEbonyx Posts: 3 New Member
    I COMPLETELY second this. Especially because pets can die of illness...so why can't humans (or sims)? Makes no sense.
  • EbonyxEbonyx Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Neia said:
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > Neia wrote: »
    >
    > That's probably something I would mod out if they introduce it, illness tend to spread a lot when playing rotational. It's already a pain when it turns into an epidemy but it would be even worse if they could die from it. So I wouldn't be interested in that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How did you handle it in The Sims and The Sims 2? I bet those townie Sims were a pain since it was hard to find which one was spreading the flu , and or for TS1, did you just skip the hamsters in TS1?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It was a pain. I had epidemics too, downloaded a CC medicine cabinet that cured the illness and spent a lot of time loading every single lot to put the CC cabinet and cure my Sims (and I had around a thousand households with long loading times each). Definitely not my idea of fun. One of my worst memory of TS2, and one of my most disliked feature too, though not the only one.

I think it could work well as a toggled setting for simmers like you. Personally though, I LOVE epidemics and disaster in my games (even though it makes me sad to see one of my lovely, hand-crafted townies go down)
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Ebonyx wrote: »
    I think it could work well as a toggled setting for simmers like you. Personally though, I LOVE epidemics and disaster in my games (even though it makes me sad to see one of my lovely, hand-crafted townies go down)

As long as it's moddable, that's fine for me. I doubt they would make a toggle just for that setting, because that seem a bit too much work for one tiny feature. Perhaps they could make a more general toggle for accidental death or something, but modding is basically a toggle already, just a bit less accessible.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    that would just be so cool

The only one that's classified as a disease is a laughing disease. When one of my toddler's single father got this disease the game gave me a pop-up telling me it was a real disease and that it was a mental disease. he needed to go rest in bed for 2 hours. Also, I think before they die they get red strips on their skin.
    CAUSES OF DEATH
    There are twelve + 1 causes of death in The Sims 4 as of City Living: more pack more ways to die?
    Old Age
    Overexertion
    Fire
    Drowning
    Starvation
    Electrocution
    Cow Plant
    Sauna
    Pufferfish
    Anger
    Embarrassment
    Laughter
    Playful
    Our sims do get sick. so when they are sick. you can just push them until they die. {Something I would never do If I could I would remove death from our game unless we want it.}

The thread is, I WISH SIMS COULD DIE OF ILLNESS IN SIMS 4, that's not the same as taking care of a sick sim. that should be on a different post and is a nice ideal. But most would want their sim to get better not die.

I think pets will only die of old age. If you neglect them they will be taken from you, just like our kid's babies and toddlers.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    well thats the point a lot of us do want it a lot of us like unexpected things I'm not sure why you listed all the deaths whats that got to do with death by illness ? and if you don't like when a sim dies don't save or restore your last save thats always a good way to go if you feel that way
    @Stormsview
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This so much! This game needs more consequences! Right now sims can ignore their illness and just get on with their lives. They are magically cured after a few hours.

I wish it worked like it did in the Sims 2 where sims could die of untreated illness. The other day I was playing theTs2. Bob caught a cold, but he couldn't rest properly (because 1. he was working is butt off to buy Brandi a bed; and 2.Brandi didn't have a bed so she slept with Betty and Bob slept on the sofa). Bob was dead a few days later! It certainly spiced up my game because I was not expecting it!

This basically. I love illness in the sims 2. I love the fact that it is unexpected and If you don't take steps to resolve it there could be a consequence. What's illness in the sims 4? A negative moodlet. Whoop de woo.

Medicine exists for show purposes or to get rid of the negative moodlet a few hours early. But there is no urgent use for it as most of the time the happiness moodlet over rides the sick moodlet anyway.

I've said it before and I will say it again, this game needs consequences.
    This so much! This game needs more consequences! Right now sims can ignore their illness and just get on with their lives. They are magically cured after a few hours.

I wish it worked like it did in the Sims 2 where sims could die of untreated illness. The other day I was playing theTs2. Bob caught a cold, but he couldn't rest properly (because 1. he was working is butt off to buy Brandi a bed; and 2.Brandi didn't have a bed so she slept with Betty and Bob slept on the sofa). Bob was dead a few days later! It certainly spiced up my game because I was not expecting it!

This basically. I love illness in the sims 2. I love the fact that it is unexpected and If you don't take steps to resolve it there could be a consequence. What's illness in the sims 4? A negative moodlet. Whoop de woo.

Medicine exists for show purposes or to get rid of the negative moodlet a few hours early. But there is no urgent use for it as most of the time the happiness moodlet over rides the sick moodlet anyway.

I've said it before and I will say it again, this game needs consequences.

I agree
    edited September 2017
    @comicsforlife I am not sure if it still works, but I did hear that the sad clown art will bring illness to your home. and we do have that Cursed lot trait
    This person said that their household got a strange illness and died one by one.
    If any illness happens please let us know.

Oh comicsforlife, I did not know you had talked to me. Nope, I have not had any sims to die from anything. I did try to let an elder sim die from over jogging. she could jog better and longer. she had a bug and could not die... so I just X-ed her out the game so they could have another baby.

It's a Mod extream violence. lots of blood and gore, stabbing with a big knife. That's just not the same as an illness. we need a hospital, then I am sure they would have death from illness.

(I comment just to talk on a subject, it does not mean that I am attached to the subject or care. If I know something about it or have a question. I will just post it.) I keep my sims game at a game level. I am still rather new here.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Stormsview wrote: »
    @comicsforlife I am not sure if it still works, but I did hear that the sad clown art will bring illness to your home. and we do have that Cursed lot trait
    This person said that their household got a strange illness and died one by one.
    If any illness happens please let us know.

ok but I'm sorry to say there is no death by illness in sims 4 the person who told you that is a big fibber
    and even if they do add death by illness there not going for something like the plague lol
    just something where your sim might need to stay home for a few days or get a shot for
    which if left untreated or if they push themselves to hard will make them die @Stormsview
    I also think it would be funny if sims could nag each other for not getting enough rest
    like for shame on you for getting up when your this sick complete with finger wag and hands on hip foot tapping animations
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Yas! Also funerals... never been quite sure why weddings are a thing but funerals aren't?
    Origin ID: ExxCee
    I also think it would be funny if sims could nag each other for not getting enough rest
    like for shame on you for getting up when your this sick complete with finger wag and hands on hip foot tapping animations

you do have a lot of new good ideal. :) we do seem to get what we ask for enough.
    edited September 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »

you do have a lot of new good ideal. :) we do seem to get what we ask for enough.

well I hope we get this to @stormsview :)
    and if they add fear some sims could have of needles
    and lazy sims could fake being sick and get breakfast in bed >:)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

If there were illnesses that your sim could die from it would add unpredictability and a need to look after your sims. I guess it will have to come from a mod and I would be happy to add it to my game.

Dying from illnesses would only work for active household, so that the whole town doesn't die when you are out playing perhaps.

I am one of the patreon-supporters from MCCC and apparently he is adding risky vampirism as an option to the mod.

Added some new settings around a “Risky Vampirism” feature. This allows the player to choose random chances that a Vampire Sim will pass along their vampirism to another Sim by accident through their bites.

Things like this makes it so much more interesting for me to play and I am so happy that the game is moddable. If we cannot get possible deaths ingame via Maxis then perhaps the modders will help us out.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I really hope we'll get this! I love unpredictability in the game and it is the one thing I miss the most in sims 4. Also, it would be awsome, if there were different kinds of diseases like we have in the doctor career. Some can be cured by medicine, but others would require your sim to go to the hospital, if get to work is installed. Maybe we could get all this and more in a Danger GP (instead of a stuff pack..)
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I'd like that, I don't think there are enough random deaths in the game. I've never had a sim die in TS4 (I generally play with ageing off)