Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashes

CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
In my sims save, every I'd say sim hour, the game crashes. However, it's only when my two sims are on their home lot. It's a fairly big build, but I haven't had trouble with it before (well I have, but that's resolved), so I wouldn't think it's that. Still possible though! So details. I opened my game, and at exactly 9pm it crashed. Okay. Re-opened the game later that day, crashed at 9. Did this maybe 4 times. Then I decided to get my sims to travel to the park to test it. It did not crash! Great! Went back home, about an hour later it crashed. Hm. It did this when I tried a big park (can't remember the name oops) too, so it's not just that lot type. It's probably not important, but after the first crash I added a proper large backyard to the house. I downgraded it a bit to see if that would help, no luck. I added lots and households and filled up Newcrest, that didn't work (surprise surprise). Details about my game save in case it's somehow relevant, my female sim is a young adult and has 30 children, pregnant with her 31st. Her fiancée lives with her and they had recently moved. Also the previous problem I had was after 3~ minutes of loading the lot it would crash, that fixed itself. Maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow, but I'll post anyways. Sorry for rambling about presumably irrelevant things! :smile:
EDIT: I moved their house onto a penthouse, and that fixed it. Thanks for the help!!
Post edited by CaityCupcakes10 on

Comments

• CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    Some information that should also be added:
    I use mods. MCCC, baby shower, sleepovers, and a bunch of Maxis Match CC. I got some from Tumblr and some from TSR.
    Her spouse is also a young adult.
    I'll add more as I think :lol:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hello
    The crashing could be the result of the home being large and having a lot of furnishings in it. These things can cause crashing. Having many plants in a garden or water features can also cause issues, depending on if your computer system can handle it.
    Cc/mods can also cause issues.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try lowering the graphics settings and see if that helps

Move your whole mods folder to the desktop, load the game, and see if the issue remains.

If you have crashes when your sims are also in other parts of your game, it would be good to post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
    edited September 2017
    Thank you, I'll try all of them! :heart:
    Update: I did, except for the DXDIAG info because it's only occurring in that save on that lot. Nothing worked :confused: Oh well?
    Post edited by CaityCupcakes10 on
    You're welcome :) It may be an issue with the home. It may be best to move your sims to a smaller /different home and test to see if the crashing remains. It may also be caused by cc that you have in the home.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Hi @CaityCupcakes10

This is a known crashing issues, seems to affect certain saves.

Here's the thread at AHQ if you want to contribute there: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Sims-4-save-crashing-at-9pm-every-time/m-p/6235145
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2017
    Hello
    Try moving your sims to another home and test to see if your game crashes at the new home.
    Edit : I didn't see that you had updated the earlier post.
    edited September 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try moving your sims to another home and test to see if your game crashes at the new home.
    Thanks for helping anyways! :blush: I'll try my dxdiag now since I don't have many options :lol:
    crinrict wrote: »
    Hi @CaityCupcakes10

Here's the thread at AHQ if you want to contribute there: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Sims-4-save-crashing-at-9pm-every-time/m-p/6235145
    Oh, thank you! :smiley:

How do I paste my files to pastebin? Haha sorry :lol:
    Hello
    Are you having the same issue crashing occurring if you move your sims to another home? Is it only happening at 9pm, or at other times as well? If you aren't having issues at other homes, you may need to have your sims move to the other home.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Thanks for helping anyways! :blush: I'll try my dxdiag now since I don't have many options :lol:
    crinrict wrote: »
    Hi @CaityCupcakes10

Oh, thank you! :smiley:

How do I paste my files to pastebin? Haha sorry :lol:

You can basically just export the dxdiag and add them to the post at AHQ.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

For other times, if you want to post information to pastebin, you can highlight the text where you saved it, right click it and press “ copy” , then “ paste” it on the pastebin page in the box there. Then press “ create new paste” Then copy the adress of the page, and paste it in a post on the forums.
  • KPoteetKPoteet Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got the sims 4 for my pc a few days ago. Today i got the sims get to work pack and downloded it. It said there was an update for the game. I did the update and loaded the expantion pack in and now my game wont even open. It keeps crashing and i getting kind of mad. Plz HELP.
    KPoteet wrote: »
    I just got the sims 4 for my pc a few days ago. Today i got the sims get to work pack and downloded it. It said there was an update for the game. I did the update and loaded the expantion pack in and now my game wont even open. It keeps crashing and i getting kind of mad. Plz HELP.

Hello @KPoteet
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If after doing the above, the issues remain, it would be good to post your DxDiag info here.
    Click OK
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
  • AlyxanaAlyxana Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello. My game keeps freezing/crashing on a particular save at 9pm (or 7pm) every night. I can't get past this time. I've tried moving and regenerating the Sims 4 folder, I've tried switching to 32bit, I've tried turning off the Online setting, I've turned off the Origin In-game, I've tried lowering my graphics, I've tried moving houses, no one has anything in their inventories, I've tried removing my toddler and townie sim. I don't know what else to do. I am playing in a massive legacy mansion with a lot of items in the house, but moving houses didn't seem to solve the issue. This has only been happening since we bought some expansions and stuff packs a little while ago. We picked up Parenthood, Vampires, Get Together, Spa Day, Movie Night, and Romantic Garden. I really don't know what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, here's my DxDiag
    https://pastebin.com/tDu6UfGY

BTW: My household is a created adult couple, nearing elderhood, a young adult daughter and her townie husband and their toddler, and a second teenage daughter of the main adult couple.

> @rosemow said:

>
    > Hello @KPoteet
    > Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.
    >
    > Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go, to Game Library in Origin. Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > If after doing the above, the issues remain, it would be good to post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    > Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    > and post the link to the file here
    edited September 2017
    Hello @Alyxana
    It would be best to update your Nvidia graphics cards drivers. Go to the MSI site, search for your computer model , and download the updated drivers.
    Is your Sims 4 game installed on C Drive or D Drive? Your C Drive is low on free space and that can cause issues. It would be best to install it on the D Drive. Also it would be best to move the Documents folder to the D Drive also.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

With the issue with your game crashing at 9 pm each night, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Sims-4-save-crashing-at-9pm-every-time/m-p/6235145
  • yadirrrayadirrra Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, i'm also having issues with TS4. I use mods also. I tried to remove all the mods from my game but either way when i try to go to edit in CAS my game crashes, with or without the mods put in the game. Is it because my PC is 32 bit now? it used to be 64.
    yadirrra wrote: »
    Hi, i'm also having issues with TS4. I use mods also. I tried to remove all the mods from my game but either way when i try to go to edit in CAS my game crashes, with or without the mods put in the game. Is it because my PC is 32 bit now? it used to be 64.

Hello @yadirrra
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    Click OK
  • AlyxanaAlyxana Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks @rosemow for your quick response. My Sims 4 and the EA documents folder are all on the D drive as the C is the solid state and it only has the operating system on it and that's about it. Thanks for letting me know my drivers were out of date. I had no idea.

I spent the morning updating all of my drivers, several were out of date, and was hopeful that maybe that would fix the issue. Sadly, I logged back in and poof, crashed again. This time at 7pm. So to test a theory I loaded up an old save with the same family in a smaller house. It was also before the baby had aged up into a toddler. It seemed to run with no issues. So maybe it was the house, I thought. To test and see if it was the house that was causing the crashes I created a brand new couple (no kids) and placed the house from my library into the world. I've been playing in it for several hours now with no issues.

My guesses at this stage are the crash was coming from the toddler or maybe it was coming from the amount of legacy inventory (mostly created paintings. I think I had 50 of them in the house as decorations). I'm not sure what the problem actually was, but since I'd rather play the house than the family I'm okay starting over with a new family. Maybe someday I can actually get a legacy to last longer than 3 generations. Lol.

Thanks again for your help.
    Alyxana wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow for your quick response. My Sims 4 and the EA documents folder are all on the D drive as the C is the solid state and it only has the operating system on it and that's about it. Thanks for letting me know my drivers were out of date. I had no idea.

I spent the morning updating all of my drivers, several were out of date, and was hopeful that maybe that would fix the issue. Sadly, I logged back in and poof, crashed again. This time at 7pm. So to test a theory I loaded up an old save with the same family in a smaller house. It was also before the baby had aged up into a toddler. It seemed to run with no issues. So maybe it was the house, I thought. To test and see if it was the house that was causing the crashes I created a brand new couple (no kids) and placed the house from my library into the world. I've been playing in it for several hours now with no issues.

My guesses at this stage are the crash was coming from the toddler or maybe it was coming from the amount of legacy inventory (mostly created paintings. I think I had 50 of them in the house as decorations). I'm not sure what the problem actually was, but since I'd rather play the house than the family I'm okay starting over with a new family. Maybe someday I can actually get a legacy to last longer than 3 generations. Lol.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello
    You’re welcome :) I hope that you will enjoy playing the new family and have no further issues.
  • OperationOperation Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello Simmers, I need help with my game.

I wanted to play the sims 4 again so I started a new game. I wanted to play it in a different way the I ever have to date. I purchased a lot and setup a tent and some camping gear. My idea was I wanted to do as many things for free as possible. This is where my troubles started. As I travel from lot to lot over time maybe an hour of gameplay my game crashes hard. My computer restarts as if recovering from a critical error. I check my event viewer and I can see an event at the time of the crash but I don't understand it. At first I figured it was just a random crash so I loaded the Sims 4 up again and about 30 minutes to an hour later after traveling from lot to lot Bam Hard crash system restart.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.161011-0600)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7976
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/28/15 19:05:11 Ver: V1.40
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8&SUBSYS_32321462&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3072 MB
    Shared Memory: 1023 MB

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_1462D976&REV_1000
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8010 (English)

Drive: C:
    Free Space: 163.6 GB
    Total Space: 476.9 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB ATA Device

Drive: D:
    Free Space: 150.5 GB

Drive: E:
    Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), , 0 bytes

Latest drivers for video card installed.

Expansions installed.

Get to Work

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat

And I have a few Stuff Packs.

No mods installed.
    edited October 2017
    Operation wrote: »
    Hello Simmers, I need help with my game.

I wanted to play the sims 4 again so I started a new game. I wanted to play it in a different way the I ever have to date. I purchased a lot and setup a tent and some camping gear. My idea was I wanted to do as many things for free as possible. This is where my troubles started. As I travel from lot to lot over time maybe an hour of gameplay my game crashes hard. My computer restarts as if recovering from a critical error. I check my event viewer and I can see an event at the time of the crash but I don't understand it. At first I figured it was just a random crash so I loaded the Sims 4 up again and about 30 minutes to an hour later after traveling from lot to lot Bam Hard crash system restart.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.161011-0600)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7976
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/28/15 19:05:11 Ver: V1.40
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8&SUBSYS_32321462&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3072 MB
    Shared Memory: 1023 MB

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_1462D976&REV_1000
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8010 (English)

Drive: C:
    Free Space: 163.6 GB

Drive: D:
    Free Space: 150.5 GB

Drive: E:
    Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), , 0 bytes

Latest drivers for video card installed.

Expansions installed.

Get to Work

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat

And I have a few Stuff Packs.

No mods installed.

Hello @Operation
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue occurs when playing that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try lowering the graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Try lowering the in game screen resolution.

Try playing the game in windowed mode and see if the issue remains.

Close any open windows on the desktop when playing.

Go to Windows Update, and make sure that your computer is uptodate with patches.
    Post edited by rosemow on
    Thanks for the suggestions. It's my personal belief that the game has a critical code error somewhere. It's also possible that my combination of hardware is causing an issue. I think what I'm going to do is test this play style on my much more powerful computer running windows 10 with a GTX 1080ti and see if I have the same problems.

Again thanks for your suggestions.
    Thanks for the suggestions. It's my personal belief that the game has a critical code error somewhere. It's also possible that my combination of hardware is causing an issue. I think what I'm going to do is test this play style on my much more powerful computer running windows 10 with a GTX 1080ti and see if I have the same problems.

Hello
    I hope that you won’t have these issues when you test playing your game on your other computer.
    If you weren’t having the computer issues before starting the new save game, it would be good to start another new save game on your computer and see if the issues occur in that new save game also.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member

Technically, you shouldn't be having problems with the game with your MSI computer. My guess is the new Origin or the game isn't very compatible with Windows 7. I think I've seen some people using Windows 7 with problems with the game. But it's not very common either.

Your Windows 10 computer should be able to handle the game properly. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    After playing for a couple of days I have had no issues on my windows 10 machine. So it's probably not hardware as said in the last post. It's probably windows 7.
    After playing for a couple of days I have had no issues on my windows 10 machine. So it's probably not hardware as said in the last post. It's probably windows 7.

It is good that you have had no issues playing on your windows 10 computer.