Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's time for more Destination Worlds

Outdoor Retreat introduced a destination world when the sims 4 came out 3 years ago, and that included cabins sims could rent and camping activities. I think it's time for a new GP with a destination world. Whether it's a tropical destination with beaches or a desert/african destination with safaris, or an island with diving and ruins and temples etc.

I would love a GP like that right about now..
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Outdoor Retreat introduced a destination world when the sims 4 came out 3 years ago, and that included cabins sims could rent and camping activities. I think it's time for a new GP with a destination world. Whether it's a tropical destination with beaches or a desert/african destination with safaris, or an island with diving and ruins and temples etc.

Yes! I don't get why they haven't released another GP on this. The whole destination concept is already in the game, so I don't get the hold-up. I would really like a tropical pack or an Alpine pack.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • CCJLCCJL Posts: 3 New Member
    just one destination pack since the sims 4 release? its time there was another one in the making very soon surely!... I would have thought.My sims love going on holiday! but they are through with camping.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It seems kind of crazy for me that they have that folder but only the one world in it. I expect they have more ideas but I really can't tell why they're taking so long. Camping is certainly different from beaches and that's cool, but there are at least two locations people have voiced quite loudly - beaches and snowy slopes. The interesting thing is that they both contain elements of Seasons (Summer and Winter), for the person who might not be able to handle a full-specs Seasons EP.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I would love a tropical destination.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    A tropical island is such a no-brainer that I can't believe we don't have it yet. Maybe by next summer, fingers crossed. I sometimes feel like they've forgotten about vacation worlds since it's tucked under a different tab all on its lonesome.
    Ever since it's become possible to turn vacation rental lots into genuine living lots, I can't see the point of NOT doing it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Typical of this game; whatever is lacking is SLOW to come, if it comes at all!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    My sims would very much enjoy a tropical destination :) I've gotten a little bored with camping, bugs, and plants.
    maice wrote: »
    My sims would very much enjoy a tropical destination :) I've gotten a little bored with camping, bugs, and plants.

I'd like an alpine location for year-round snowboarding and skiing, and snowballing and snow angels and writing your name in the snow... So if somebody couldn't get the full Seasons EP, if it was too spec heavy (like Cats&Dogs for some people), then they would still be able to experience the wonders of snow.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want too another destination.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'm ready for a new destination world as well. I was thinking something like a tropical getaway for sims and instead of renting cabins, there could be the introduction of hotels, which hopefully could carry over to the home worlds and our sims could run one if they chose.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Agreed...
    We're in desperate need of a new destination world. I'm tired of taking my sims camping and would love to see a tropical vacation island. It would work well with the smaller scale worlds too. Personally, I'd love to see ownable beach houses and a hidden lot with Mayan Temple Ruins and a Witch Doctor NPC. :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Ever since it's become possible to turn vacation rental lots into genuine living lots, I can't see the point of NOT doing it.

What!!? You can live in Granite Falls?
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    Tropical! With some new tropical building elements for grass huts on the beach as well as buildings in the jungle - tropical vegetation - tropical menu items - tropical vacation clothes - wicker and island type furniture - tropical artwork and sculptures - please!
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I agree. A vacation game/expansion pack would be great. I vacation a lot in real life but camping is never an option lol.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I agree with this post. If we will get two game packs next year, I certainly hope that it will be a witches gamepack and a Tropical Vacation gamepack since this two are the loudest when it comes to game pack ideas. I will be shocked if they did a separate theme.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

Yep. This.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
    edited September 2017
    Rather than a beach, how about a Marina? Sure, there's a beach and palm trees for the uninspired, but also a medium-sized marina that you can swim in and play with aquatic animals, and a couple of large lots made specifically so that you can boat on the surface, then dive underwater for collectibles, and the beach can have fishing spots. Bridges and docks wouldn't go amiss either. I can see in my head how it could work; kind of like the exploration aspect of Granite Falls where lots still need to be loaded, but you can explore the area around it without loading.

I'm getting a little tired of people saying "I want to go swimming in San Myshuno Bay or WIllow Creek River" or whatever, though. Yes, I know you want to swim in the bay. And if you keep asking, sooner or later we'll have a place you can swim much more openly. But it won't be in San Myshuno.
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    Yes yes yes and yes. I can't believe we still don't have more! The first game pack was what made me so excited about the sims 4. I thought we would get a vacation spot from time to time but still nothing :(
    [quote="SimMommy05;c-16049017"]I'm ready for a new destination world as well. I was thinking something like a tropical getaway for sims and instead of renting cabins, there could be the introduction of hotels, which hopefully could carry over to the home worlds and our sims could run one if they chose. [/quote]

And hopefully there will be an option to own and run a hotel! Dine Out style. It's definitely one of the things that made Island Paradiso my favourite Sims 3 EP.
    [quote="Loanet;c-16046823"]Ever since it's become possible to turn vacation rental lots into genuine living lots, I can't see the point of NOT doing it.[/quote]

How? A mod?
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    TubbieHead wrote: »

How? A mod?

Not really, there is an option while in build mode to change lot type from rental to residential, click on the house in the upper left-hand corner and there should be a drop-down list there.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Hotels + beach + old ruins + lifesaver and water activities like driving jet ski or surfing would make a great new destination.
    I would love to learn typical dances and souvenirs like a bon voyage.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    TubbieHead wrote: »

How? A mod?

Not really, there is an option while in build mode to change lot type from rental to residential, click on the house in the upper left-hand corner and there should be a drop-down list there.

Not in my game...
  • jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    A French one with nectar making and more grape harvestables would be awesome :D I miss nectar making from the sims 3.