Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen Game Pack: Developed Ideas

SoullessDollsSoullessDolls Posts: 105 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I originally posted this as a comment to someone's request for a teen life pack.

Now that I have the ability to start discussions, I have done so to keep from losing the information in an unrelated thread. This really isn’t a thread about whether these game packs are good or bad ideas. (Lots of those threads already exist.) Please be kind to one another.

Teen Life Game Pack: (I would call this a game pack. Not an expansion pack. Not enough content.)
    Sims would have a new life stage between child and teen called "preteen"

CAS/Life State Notes:

-Should be taller than a child but shorter than a teen
    -Should not have any restrictions on outfits except bras and facial hair (more on this later)
    -Should have to start with acne no matter how they're designed
    -Should have an entirely different range of voices
    *Boys should sound squeaky, girls should sound deeper than their child self.
    -Should acquire traits/values at an incredibly accelerated rate
    *Preteens are probably the most impressionable young people. The adult world is still very new to them. They change all the time. Their entire personality and outlook on life is transient. (Hormones have something to do with that.)

Preteens should have the following animations and/or options:

-Parents have the ability scold preteens for wearing makeup or scold them for wearing an inappropriate outfit

*Depending on the preteen's relationship with their parents, this can trigger an "ACT OUT" event (where the player has absolutely no control of their Sims choice of misbehavior.) There could be a total of 5: Pushing items off surfaces, taking off their shoe and throwing it at their parent, running away (more on this later), screaming at their parent, or pretending submission and sneak/wearing the item/ makeup anyways.)

*All of these would be relative to their traits and acquired value levels. For instance, preteens well on their way to self assured and responsible would pretend submission and sneak/wear the item or makeup anyways.
    *After that, it would be up to the player to handle the discipline (as developed in Parenthood.)

-Preteens should have the option to runaway from home if their relationship with either parent dips below X.
    *Running away should take the preteen into a rabbit hole where the player doesn't find out where the preteen went until their parent(s) receive a phone call from one of the preteen's relatives or close friends or the cops.

-Preteens should have the ability to get rid of their acne by washing their face once a day for 3 days or using herbal remedy or mirror
    Preteens should be able to follow their big brother or sister around/ show up and crash their sibling's events
    Parent Sims should have the ability to set a bed time for children and preteens. The player would get a notification of the parent warning them that bed time is in an hour. That would help people stay on a schedule for work and school.

-Preteen should have trait/value chance cards that integrate with Parenthood. For instance, Mom says that it's time to go to bed, but you looked at the clock and it's barely 8pm. Do you follow instructions or talk back? *Talking back doesn't necessarily always have negative consequences. Sometimes, that is the only way to insist a change. Maybe if the Sims grades are above a B+ preteens can request a bedtime change.

-Preteen should have the ability to "Ask their Parent for a Ride to X." (A lack of independence is a HUGE annoyance for ALL preteens.) Basically, a preteen or a child Sim shouldn't be able to travel away from home WITHOUT their parent's permission.

-Parents have the ability to take away a preteen's phone (which grays it out for the player for the duration of the punishment)

Special events/animations for preteens:

-Female preteens should sit on the toilet and "freak out" which basically calls the nearest same gender adult relative to the bathroom. If their is no same gender parent, the other parent or a care giver can assist them.
    *This calls for some truly hilarious animations for a single dad Sim with a female preteen.

-Male preteens should stand can stand in the bathroom and peer into their pants. There would be no mosaic needed as the Sim is just "pulling the waistband" enough to see themselves. *They should have the ability to freak out and get the same kind of attention from their parents/and or caregivers.

-Parents should have the ability to "suggest a bra" to their female preteens
    *Which calls for some pretty funny face expressions for the female teens
    *Having a parent suggest "wear a bra" should unlock the bras for preteens

-Male preteens should automatically try to shave the first time they use the mirror (*this should result in cuts; should go away in 1 day)
    *Parents should have the ability to "suggest we wait on shaving" which will gray out the option for the player

Romance and relationships for preteens:

-Preteen should have the ability to "crush" on a Sim.
    *If your preteen has a crush and they're present on the lot, a low relationship with that crush will cause them to a: hide around or behind an object or turn around to primp.

*If your preteen has a high relationship with that crush, they should be able to a) lock themselves in a bathroom to "daydream" about their crush. and this should affect their relationship with that Sim -- but only on the active Sim's panel. Basically, they could work themselves up all the way into something like True Love without ever really interacting that way with the target Sim.

*Otherwise, they should have toned down romantic interactions like "complimenting appearance" and asking the Sim out for a (chaperoned) date (which requires taking a teen or older to a lot w/ them along with their crush.)*Chaperones should have the ability to "break it up" when preteens "embrace"

Teens should have the following animations and/or options:

-Have the ability to "plan an escape (or runaway)" from home if their relationship with either parent dips below X.
    *Plan an escape should take the teen into a rabbit hole where the player doesn't find out where the preteen went until their parent(s) receive a phone call from one of the preteen's relatives or close friends or the cops.

*The teen should be gone longer than a preteen, think 4 days. That's a seriously long time in the Sims (depending on life span.) Players should be able to alter the outcome of this excursion with chance cards. For instance: "Your Sim has run out of money. They have to make some cash quick or they'll be out on the street. Do you try to get a job at the nearby gas station or do sleep in the school locker room?" (This doesn't always result in being brought home by the cops. Sims w/ a high enough charisma skill could away with it.)

Teens and romance animations/game play:

-Teens should have the ability to purchase a promise ring for their significant other which "freezes" their romance relationship bar. Basically, a promise ring excludes that couple from relationship culling.

-Teens should get "text" chance cards from their crushes that totally effect their personalities and relationships. An example chance card would be: "Your crush just sent you a text and asked for the answers to tonight's homework. Do you text them the answers or do you politely remind them that cheating is wrong?" The outcome will depend on the Sims' traits.

-All male and female teens should have the ability to "daydream" beneath the sheets in their beds. The animation is like a one-sided woohoo. This is a very important phase for ALL well adjusted adults. (*Male sims should have the unique ability to "daydream" in the shower.)

-I think parents should get the conversation options: forbid a teen to date X (which should instigate an ACT OUT animation of cursing, throwing stuff, or pushing things off shelves (maybe even planning an escape or running away if the relationship is low enough between the parent and child). If the teen has a high relationship w/ their significant other, they'll ignore their parents and suffer the consequence of a slight relationship decease every time they're around that parent.

Special events for teens:

-Teens should have the ability to go a prom rabbit hole:

*It should function like a special event in the sense that a) you have the ability to plan your Sim's outfit, B you have the ability to select a date from their relationship panel & and their outfit, C) you have the ability to pick your method of transportation (hire limo, ask parent to borrow car) D) you have the ability to pick 1 of 5 prom picture poses E) you have the ability to select whether your sim runs for prom queen or king.

*There should be mandatory chance cards. Maybe 3.) These chance cards should really really affect the overall success of the evening. For instance, "Your best friend snuck in some juice to the dance. Do you take a sip or stay sober?" *Again, this calls for super funny animations of drunk/stumbling teens.

*Your teen will come home from the prom with a mini story about their adventure, a crown if they ran for court, and prom pictures (as selected per the player). They might also come home drunk, which should enable a parent to select a punishment.

*It would also be very funny if this pack introduced the ideas of hangovers to the Sims preteen and older. Seems strange that they do all that drinking and never either build a tolerance or get a hangover. (Very simple to use the sick code and enable people to cure hang overs w/herbal rems or medicine.)

-CAS changes:
    If bras weren't unlocked for your preteen, they're unlocked when the turn into teens.
    Male teens can now use the mirror to unlock their shaving skill. (I'd say it only takes 3 levels). At level 3, they unlock all facial hair in CAS.

Other general inclusions:

-Preteens/teens should have the ability to vandalize community lots by: spray painting on a building, writing a message on a bathroom wall, breaking the bathroom mirror, using toilet paper to decorate a residential lot. (I'd like to see some mail box smashing too.)
    -Preteens/teens should have the ability to hide and scare strangers or hide and throw eggs at strangers

-Parents should have the ability to enroll their children (of all ages minus toddlers) into a boarding school rabbit hole.
    -Parents should have the ability to call the school and check up on their child.

*This should generate a progress report for the parent to look at. Basically, their child's traits, skills, and achievements all in one place.
    -Parents should have the ability to go to school (a rabbit hole) for a parent teacher conference. (*And depending on how the Sim is doing, there should be some ramifications to the game play. Good grades means that parent asks the teen whether there's a privilege they'd like. Bad grades allows the parent to take away a privilege, like "no computer." (You know how much Sims love the computer. They'd die.)

-Preteens/Teens should have a conversation option that allows them "correct pop culture trivia" "ask about woohoo" "ask for money"
    -After School programs need to make a comeback for ALL ages

-I think it would be really neat to see an new event for all minors called "sleep over" and it can only take place on a Friday or Saturday.

Also, the reason I would include a new life stage is because I think that the teenagers NEED to stay versatile game pieces for a lot of people. However, we also need the ability to shape who they're becoming and we need more interactive game play. The preteen life stage is a neat way of preserving what we love about Sims 4 teens and adding the things we miss from teenagers in previous games.

As for items, other people have a better idea of what they need to play their teens/preteens to the fullest. For me, I would suggest: a teen room trash clutter (w/books, electronic cords, old shoe boxes, fast food boxes, etc.) and bunk beds.

I might also suggest that teenagers have special items like body spray (which gives them a crazy helpful moodlet of some sort.)

'Mkay, those are my ideas so far. Enjoy. Feel free to add your own!

ETA - Omg, we need a graduation event/party. Maybe I'll find time to jot down some ideas soon.

-SD
    Woody: You, Are, A, Toyyyyy! You're not the real thing. You're an action figure. You are a child's play thing!
    Buzz Lightyear: You are a sad, strange little man. Farewell.

Comments

• Options
      mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
      Hmm... that seems cool but preteens would just be there. I can see what your saying, it's a good idea, but we already have toddlers!
      Oh hamburgers!
    • Options
      edited September 2017
      @ShanTheEmolga - I appreciate your feedback. I'm not entirely sure I understand the relationship between the preteens and toddlers. Personally, I think the best thing about my idea of preteens is the ability to QUICKLY catch up on any parenting you wanted to achieve.

It would be a lot easier to instill something like responsibility or other traits earlier, which gives people more time to enjoy their teens lives and families. For me, Parenthood is super challenging time management issue right now.

I have lots of teenagers that don't really have set value systems because I'm busy w/ everything else.
      Woody: You, Are, A, Toyyyyy! You're not the real thing. You're an action figure. You are a child's play thing!
    • Options
      mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
      @ShanTheEmolga - I appreciate your feedback. I'm not entirely sure I understand the relationship between the preteens and toddlers. Personally, I think the best thing about my idea of preteens is the ability to QUICKLY catch up on any parenting you wanted to achieve.

It would be a lot easier to instill something like responsibility or other traits earlier, which gives people more time to enjoy their teens lives and families. For me, the Parenthood is super challenging time management issue right now.

I have lots of teenagers that don't really have set value systems because I'm busy w/ everything else.
      I see your point. :)
      Oh hamburgers!
    • Options
      Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
      I love it you see the Pre-teen as a lifestage like I do. not just to fix the height of teens but to actually feel the gap with the actual life stage and all your ideas and points I really love. Yes I hope the devs see this thread.
    • Options
      @Briana2425 - Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the concept. (Frankly, I really want the parenting pack to level off a little bit. Super labor intensive.) And I hope the they see it too!
    • Options
      MellodyLMellodyL Posts: 3 New Member
      I love it!!! I hate that the game totally skips over the Awkward stages of pre teens such as Acne, Girls getting their first periods, Body changes in girls and boys such as breasts, facial and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hair, changes in oder, and I wonder why the game does not broach the subject of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because it definitely happens at that stage especially with the boys. O and don't forget the Boys voices changing, and teen Crushes

Then as the game advances they should allow teens to have relationships with other teens and there should also be some teen peer pressure as well. These are all a part of growing pains.
    • Options
      @MellodyL: I totally agree. Thank you very much for the feedback. The voice changes and peer pressure change cards are included in the thread above. Like you, I'm not sure why the game skips over those physical changes either. It's kind of a big deal. We'll see what they come up with in the future.
    • Options
      KitAceKitAce Posts: 38 Member
      I am personally against life stages being included in a pack. If we're getting a new life stage, it should always be in a patch, we have proof this CAN happen with the famous Toddler Patch.
    • Options
      @KitAce - That's a very interesting perspective. I'm not against the idea at all. I will say that the teen game play is kind of a pointed issue. Based on what I've read on this forum, I'm not sure the majority of players would appreciate a mandatory life stage like preteen. I mean, the toddler thing was almost a controversy. There were, like, petitions and stuff about that. Frankly, I'd have to hear more from the people who are interested in the idea before I made up my mind about something like that. Either way, I appreciate the feedback. Thank you!
    • Options
      KitAceKitAce Posts: 38 Member
      @SoullessDolls sorry for possibly coming off as ignorant and/or harsh and brutal. I actually like the idea of Tweens and more Teen stuff. I just believe Tweens should come in a patch.
    • Options
      @KitAce - You did no such thing, and there's no apology necessary. I truly appreciate the feedback. It was a very interesting perspective, and one that I haven't heard before. Your addition was valued. Promise. (Plus, I'm not that subtle. You'd know if I were being sarcastic. (wink))
    • Options
      BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
      > @SoullessDolls said:
      > I originally posted this as a comment to someone's request for a teen life pack.
      >
      > Now that I have the ability to start discussions, I have done so to keep from losing the information in an unrelated thread. This really isn’t a thread about whether these game packs are good or bad ideas. (Lots of those threads already exist.) Please be kind to one another.
      >
      > Teen Life Game Pack: (I would call this a game pack. Not an expansion pack. Not enough content.)
      >
      >
      > Sims would have a new life stage between child and teen called "preteen"
      >
      >
      > CAS/Life State Notes:
      >
      > -Should be taller than a child but shorter than a teen
      > -Should not have any restrictions on outfits except bras and facial hair (more on this later)
      > -Should have to start with acne no matter how they're designed
      > -Should have an entirely different range of voices
      > *Boys should sound squeaky, girls should sound deeper than their child self.
      > -Should acquire traits/values at an incredibly accelerated rate
      > *Preteens are probably the most impressionable young people. The adult world is still very new to them. They change all the time. Their entire personality and outlook on life is transient. (Hormones have something to do with that.)
      >
      > Preteens should have the following animations and/or options:
      >
      > -Parents have the ability scold preteens for wearing makeup or scold them for wearing an inappropriate outfit
      >
      > *Depending on the preteen's relationship with their parents, this can trigger an "ACT OUT" event (where the player has absolutely no control of their Sims choice of misbehavior.) There could be a total of 5: Pushing items off surfaces, taking off their shoe and throwing it at their parent, running away (more on this later), screaming at their parent, or pretending submission and sneak/wearing the item/ makeup anyways.)
      >
      > *All of these would be relative to their traits and acquired value levels. For instance, preteens well on their way to self assured and responsible would pretend submission and sneak/wear the item or makeup anyways.
      > *After that, it would be up to the player to handle the discipline (as developed in Parenthood.)
      >
      > -Preteens should have the option to runaway from home if their relationship with either parent dips below X.
      > *Running away should take the preteen into a rabbit hole where the player doesn't find out where the preteen went until their parent(s) receive a phone call from one of the preteen's relatives or close friends or the cops.
      >
      > -Preteens should have the ability to get rid of their acne by washing their face once a day for 3 days or using herbal remedy or mirror
      > Preteens should be able to follow their big brother or sister around/ show up and crash their sibling's events
      > Parent Sims should have the ability to set a bed time for children and preteens. The player would get a notification of the parent warning them that bed time is in an hour. That would help people stay on a schedule for work and school.
      >
      > -Preteen should have trait/value chance cards that integrate with Parenthood. For instance, Mom says that it's time to go to bed, but you looked at the clock and it's barely 8pm. Do you follow instructions or talk back? *Talking back doesn't necessarily always have negative consequences. Sometimes, that is the only way to insist a change. Maybe if the Sims grades are above a B+ preteens can request a bedtime change.
      >
      > -Preteen should have the ability to "Ask their Parent for a Ride to X." (A lack of independence is a HUGE annoyance for ALL preteens.) Basically, a preteen or a child Sim shouldn't be able to travel away from home WITHOUT their parent's permission.
      >
      > -Parents have the ability to take away a preteen's phone (which grays it out for the player for the duration of the punishment)
      >
      > Special events/animations for preteens:
      >
      > -Female preteens should sit on the toilet and "freak out" which basically calls the nearest same gender adult relative to the bathroom. If their is no same gender parent, the other parent or a care giver can assist them.
      > *This calls for some truly hilarious animations for a single dad Sim with a female preteen.
      >
      > -Male preteens should stand can stand in the bathroom and peer into their pants. There would be no mosaic needed as the Sim is just "pulling the waistband" enough to see themselves. *They should have the ability to freak out and get the same kind of attention from their parents/and or caregivers.
      >
      > -Parents should have the ability to "suggest a bra" to their female preteens
      > *Which calls for some pretty funny face expressions for the female teens
      > *Having a parent suggest "wear a bra" should unlock the bras for preteens
      >
      > -Male preteens should automatically try to shave the first time they use the mirror (*this should result in cuts; should go away in 1 day)
      > *Parents should have the ability to "suggest we wait on shaving" which will gray out the option for the player
      >
      > Romance and relationships for preteens:
      >
      > -Preteen should have the ability to "crush" on a Sim.
      > *If your preteen has a crush and they're present on the lot, a low relationship with that crush will cause them to a: hide around or behind an object or turn around to primp.
      >
      > *If your preteen has a high relationship with that crush, they should be able to a) lock themselves in a bathroom to "daydream" about their crush. and this should affect their relationship with that Sim -- but only on the active Sim's panel. Basically, they could work themselves up all the way into something like True Love without ever really interacting that way with the target Sim.
      >
      > *Otherwise, they should have toned down romantic interactions like "complimenting appearance" and asking the Sim out for a (chaperoned) date (which requires taking a teen or older to a lot w/ them along with their crush.)*Chaperones should have the ability to "break it up" when preteens "embrace"
      >
      > Teens should have the following animations and/or options:
      >
      > -Have the ability to "plan an escape (or runaway)" from home if their relationship with either parent dips below X.
      > *Plan an escape should take the teen into a rabbit hole where the player doesn't find out where the preteen went until their parent(s) receive a phone call from one of the preteen's relatives or close friends or the cops.
      >
      > *The teen should be gone longer than a preteen, think 4 days. That's a seriously long time in the Sims (depending on life span.) Players should be able to alter the outcome of this excursion with chance cards. For instance: "Your Sim has run out of money. They have to make some cash quick or they'll be out on the street. Do you try to get a job at the nearby gas station or do sleep in the school locker room?" (This doesn't always result in being brought home by the cops. Sims w/ a high enough charisma skill could away with it.)
      >
      >
      > Teens and romance animations/game play:
      >
      > -Teens should have the ability to purchase a promise ring for their significant other which "freezes" their romance relationship bar. Basically, a promise ring excludes that couple from relationship culling.
      >
      > -Teens should get "text" chance cards from their crushes that totally effect their personalities and relationships. An example chance card would be: "Your crush just sent you a text and asked for the answers to tonight's homework. Do you text them the answers or do you politely remind them that cheating is wrong?" The outcome will depend on the Sims' traits.
      >
      > -All male and female teens should have the ability to "daydream" beneath the sheets in their beds. The animation is like a one-sided woohoo. This is a very important phase for ALL well adjusted adults. (*Male sims should have the unique ability to "daydream" in the shower.)
      >
      > -I think parents should get the conversation options: forbid a teen to date X (which should instigate an ACT OUT animation of cursing, throwing stuff, or pushing things off shelves (maybe even planning an escape or running away if the relationship is low enough between the parent and child). If the teen has a high relationship w/ their significant other, they'll ignore their parents and suffer the consequence of a slight relationship decease every time they're around that parent.
      >
      > Special events for teens:
      >
      > -Teens should have the ability to go a prom rabbit hole:
      >
      > *It should function like a special event in the sense that a) you have the ability to plan your Sim's outfit, B you have the ability to select a date from their relationship panel & and their outfit, C) you have the ability to pick your method of transportation (hire limo, ask parent to borrow car) D) you have the ability to pick 1 of 5 prom picture poses E) you have the ability to select whether your sim runs for prom queen or king.
      >
      > *There should be mandatory chance cards. Maybe 3.) These chance cards should really really affect the overall success of the evening. For instance, "Your best friend snuck in some juice to the dance. Do you take a sip or stay sober?" *Again, this calls for super funny animations of drunk/stumbling teens.
      >
      > *Your teen will come home from the prom with a mini story about their adventure, a crown if they ran for court, and prom pictures (as selected per the player). They might also come home drunk, which should enable a parent to select a punishment.
      >
      > *It would also be very funny if this pack introduced the ideas of hangovers to the Sims preteen and older. Seems strange that they do all that drinking and never either build a tolerance or get a hangover. (Very simple to use the sick code and enable people to cure hang overs w/herbal rems or medicine.)
      >
      > -CAS changes:
      > If bras weren't unlocked for your preteen, they're unlocked when the turn into teens.
      > Male teens can now use the mirror to unlock their shaving skill. (I'd say it only takes 3 levels). At level 3, they unlock all facial hair in CAS.
      >
      > Other general inclusions:
      >
      > -Preteens/teens should have the ability to vandalize community lots by: spray painting on a building, writing a message on a bathroom wall, breaking the bathroom mirror, using toilet paper to decorate a residential lot. (I'd like to see some mail box smashing too.)
      > -Preteens/teens should have the ability to hide and scare strangers or hide and throw eggs at strangers
      >
      > -Parents should have the ability to enroll their children (of all ages minus toddlers) into a boarding school rabbit hole.
      > -Parents should have the ability to call the school and check up on their child.
      >
      > *This should generate a progress report for the parent to look at. Basically, their child's traits, skills, and achievements all in one place.
      > -Parents should have the ability to go to school (a rabbit hole) for a parent teacher conference. (*And depending on how the Sim is doing, there should be some ramifications to the game play. Good grades means that parent asks the teen whether there's a privilege they'd like. Bad grades allows the parent to take away a privilege, like "no computer." (You know how much Sims love the computer. They'd die.)
      >
      > -Preteens/Teens should have a conversation option that allows them "correct pop culture trivia" "ask about woohoo" "ask for money"
      > -After School programs need to make a comeback for ALL ages
      >
      > -I think it would be really neat to see an new event for all minors called "sleep over" and it can only take place on a Friday or Saturday.
      >
      > Also, the reason I would include a new life stage is because I think that the teenagers NEED to stay versatile game pieces for a lot of people. However, we also need the ability to shape who they're becoming and we need more interactive game play. The preteen life stage is a neat way of preserving what we love about Sims 4 teens and adding the things we miss from teenagers in previous games.
      >
      >
      > As for items, other people have a better idea of what they need to play their teens/preteens to the fullest. For me, I would suggest: a teen room trash clutter (w/books, electronic cords, old shoe boxes, fast food boxes, etc.) and bunk beds.
      >
      > I might also suggest that teenagers have special items like body spray (which gives them a crazy helpful moodlet of some sort.)
      >
      > 'Mkay, those are my ideas so far. Enjoy. Feel free to add your own!
      >
      > ETA - Omg, we need a graduation event/party. Maybe I'll find time to jot down some ideas soon.
      >
      > -SD

Ooo Teen Lifestyle Stuff, it could be called (Like the Sims 2: Teen Style Stuff)

Teen Lifestyle Stuff/Gamepack (which ever one is fine)

A new stuff/game pack that redefines teens. Make your teens more like teens with Teen Lifestyle! This adds more cool and stylish outfits to represent today's trends! Teens have their own furniture/objects that really suites them! A beanbag chair or papasan chairs! Teen Lifestyle also includes a new a life stage that puts more into adolescent development: Preteen. No longer a child but not yet a teen...simply in between!
    • Options
      LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
      I feel like Teens have been a little ignored. We finally have Toddlers and things only Toddlers can do, but Teens have been neglected, even when we didn't have Toddlers.

The main problem with people wanting Tweens is that the Teens we have are only barely distinguishable from Young Adults. If they looked a little younger it probably wouldn't be such an issue.
      Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    • Options
      EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
      edited September 2017
      Loanet wrote: »
      I feel like Teens have been a little ignored. We finally have Toddlers and things only Toddlers can do, but Teens have been neglected, even when we didn't have Toddlers.

The main problem with people wanting Tweens is that the Teens we have are only barely distinguishable from Young Adults. If they looked a little younger it probably wouldn't be such an issue.

But now I wonder...
      What did Parenthood game pack do then? It added new clothing that looks great on teens, mood swings, childhood phases and school projects.
      While I do agree that teens need some more things, this game pack did great job on making teens into teens.
      Post edited by EgonVM on
    • Options
      Teens need prom and complain to parents about their break ups (
    • Options
      fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
      I agree to an extent. I'm not too worried about getting preteens but I do think the existing teens need a revamp. I don't care too much about the height because in real life most teens are as tall as their parents, but I do think they need more actions / activities for just them. This goes for elders in my opinion as well.
    • Options
      > @fidelis_x0 said:
      > I agree to an extent. I'm not too worried about getting preteens but I do think the existing teens need a revamp. I don't care too much about the height because in real life most teens are as tall as their parents, but I do think they need more actions / activities for just them. This goes for elders in my opinion as well.

Teens need prom and graduation.
    • Options
      > @SoullessDolls said:
      > @KitAce - That's a very interesting perspective. I'm not against the idea at all. I will say that the teen game play is kind of a pointed issue. Based on what I've read on this forum, I'm not sure the majority of players would appreciate a mandatory life stage like preteen. I mean, the toddler thing was almost a controversy. There were, like, petitions and stuff about that. Frankly, I'd have to hear more from the people who are interested in the idea before I made up my mind about something like that. Either way, I appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

(I'm not sure the majority of players would appreciate a mandatory life stage like preteen.)

Eh, half and half XD
    • Options
      EgonVM wrote: »
      Loanet wrote: »

But now I wonder...
      What did Parenthood game pack do then? It added new clothing that looks great on teens, mood swings, childhood phases and school projects.
      While I do agree that teens need some more things, this game pack did great job on making teens into teens.

I think the Parenthood Pack made raising children of all ages more immersive. I think people complain about the lack of preteen/teen game play because it's such an important and all consuming part of childhood. Everything changes when you grow something new, and there's a lot of special firsts that only happen for teens.

For me, Parenthood made the game more immersive but it also made it a time management nightmare. I have LOTS of teen walking around without value systems because I literally couldn't do it and keep up with everything else. I also have lots of teens that spend a lot of time doing...pretty much the same march to adulthood. It's a little difficult to tell a unique story.

To me, beyond mood swings, there's nothing unique or valuable about a game piece beyond its versatility. Then again, that's just me.

• Options
      fidelis_x0 wrote: »
      I agree to an extent. I'm not too worried about getting preteens but I do think the existing teens need a revamp. I don't care too much about the height because in real life most teens are as tall as their parents, but I do think they need more actions / activities for just them. This goes for elders in my opinion as well.

I agree that that elders definitely need more activities too. That sounds like the beginnings of a Family Life or Retirement Gamepack.
    • Options
      CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
      Preteens wouldn't be needed if EA would have bothered to create teens in the first place. The game shipped with only three life stages: child, adult, elder (elder having very little difference from adult, really).

I would just like EA to correct the life stages that have been half-baked or missing since the very beginning.
      I3Ml5Om.jpg
    • Options
      Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
      It's not about looking older, thinking that people stop 'complaining' no I see Pre-teens as a new life stage all together. Like @SoullessDolls says it's a crucial time especially changing from being a child and into a teen it's the in between stage. They gave us Parenthood to me the teens acts a little immature now but stop me for wanting Pre-teens which in fact I've been wanting this life stage since Sims 2 and back than I was a teen myself playing. (So imagine my look of surprise when a dev thought up a pre-teen life stage for Sims 4.) Whoever thought up that life stage I want to say thank you and keep reminding them about the idea.
    • Options
      StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think it would be a great new Sims game. ...Called Preteens Aventures.. because preteens get into a lot more trouble and are more adventurous than other ages. :) I think they could do a lot more with this ideal than just a game pack. :)
      we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
      Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    • Options
      Cynna wrote: »
      Preteens wouldn't be needed if EA would have bothered to create teens in the first place. The game shipped with only three life stages: child, adult, elder (elder having very little difference from adult, really).

I would just like EA to correct the life stages that have been half-baked or missing since the very beginning.

I know right.
    • Options
      marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
      I originally posted this as a comment to someone's request for a teen life pack.

Now that I have the ability to start discussions, I have done so to keep from losing the information in an unrelated thread. This really isn’t a thread about whether these game packs are good or bad ideas. (Lots of those threads already exist.) Please be kind to one another.

Teen Life Game Pack: (I would call this a game pack. Not an expansion pack. Not enough content.)
        Sims would have a new life stage between child and teen called "preteen"

CAS/Life State Notes:

-Should be taller than a child but shorter than a teen
        -Should not have any restrictions on outfits except bras and facial hair (more on this later)
        -Should have to start with acne no matter how they're designed
        -Should have an entirely different range of voices
        *Boys should sound squeaky, girls should sound deeper than their child self.
        -Should acquire traits/values at an incredibly accelerated rate
        *Preteens are probably the most impressionable young people. The adult world is still very new to them. They change all the time. Their entire personality and outlook on life is transient. (Hormones have something to do with that.)

Preteens should have the following animations and/or options:

-Parents have the ability scold preteens for wearing makeup or scold them for wearing an inappropriate outfit

*Depending on the preteen's relationship with their parents, this can trigger an "ACT OUT" event (where the player has absolutely no control of their Sims choice of misbehavior.) There could be a total of 5: Pushing items off surfaces, taking off their shoe and throwing it at their parent, running away (more on this later), screaming at their parent, or pretending submission and sneak/wearing the item/ makeup anyways.)

*All of these would be relative to their traits and acquired value levels. For instance, preteens well on their way to self assured and responsible would pretend submission and sneak/wear the item or makeup anyways.
        *After that, it would be up to the player to handle the discipline (as developed in Parenthood.)

-Preteens should have the option to runaway from home if their relationship with either parent dips below X.
        *Running away should take the preteen into a rabbit hole where the player doesn't find out where the preteen went until their parent(s) receive a phone call from one of the preteen's relatives or close friends or the cops.

-Preteens should have the ability to get rid of their acne by washing their face once a day for 3 days or using herbal remedy or mirror
        Preteens should be able to follow their big brother or sister around/ show up and crash their sibling's events
        Parent Sims should have the ability to set a bed time for children and preteens. The player would get a notification of the parent warning them that bed time is in an hour. That would help people stay on a schedule for work and school.

-Preteen should have trait/value chance cards that integrate with Parenthood. For instance, Mom says that it's time to go to bed, but you looked at the clock and it's barely 8pm. Do you follow instructions or talk back? *Talking back doesn't necessarily always have negative consequences. Sometimes, that is the only way to insist a change. Maybe if the Sims grades are above a B+ preteens can request a bedtime change.

-Preteen should have the ability to "Ask their Parent for a Ride to X." (A lack of independence is a HUGE annoyance for ALL preteens.) Basically, a preteen or a child Sim shouldn't be able to travel away from home WITHOUT their parent's permission.

-Parents have the ability to take away a preteen's phone (which grays it out for the player for the duration of the punishment)

Special events/animations for preteens:

-Female preteens should sit on the toilet and "freak out" which basically calls the nearest same gender adult relative to the bathroom. If their is no same gender parent, the other parent or a care giver can assist them.
        *This calls for some truly hilarious animations for a single dad Sim with a female preteen.

-Male preteens should stand can stand in the bathroom and peer into their pants. There would be no mosaic needed as the Sim is just "pulling the waistband" enough to see themselves. *They should have the ability to freak out and get the same kind of attention from their parents/and or caregivers.

-Parents should have the ability to "suggest a bra" to their female preteens
        *Which calls for some pretty funny face expressions for the female teens
        *Having a parent suggest "wear a bra" should unlock the bras for preteens

-Male preteens should automatically try to shave the first time they use the mirror (*this should result in cuts; should go away in 1 day)
        *Parents should have the ability to "suggest we wait on shaving" which will gray out the option for the player

Romance and relationships for preteens:

-Preteen should have the ability to "crush" on a Sim.
        *If your preteen has a crush and they're present on the lot, a low relationship with that crush will cause them to a: hide around or behind an object or turn around to primp.

*If your preteen has a high relationship with that crush, they should be able to a) lock themselves in a bathroom to "daydream" about their crush. and this should affect their relationship with that Sim -- but only on the active Sim's panel. Basically, they could work themselves up all the way into something like True Love without ever really interacting that way with the target Sim.

*Otherwise, they should have toned down romantic interactions like "complimenting appearance" and asking the Sim out for a (chaperoned) date (which requires taking a teen or older to a lot w/ them along with their crush.)*Chaperones should have the ability to "break it up" when preteens "embrace"

Teens should have the following animations and/or options:

-Have the ability to "plan an escape (or runaway)" from home if their relationship with either parent dips below X.
        *Plan an escape should take the teen into a rabbit hole where the player doesn't find out where the preteen went until their parent(s) receive a phone call from one of the preteen's relatives or close friends or the cops.

*The teen should be gone longer than a preteen, think 4 days. That's a seriously long time in the Sims (depending on life span.) Players should be able to alter the outcome of this excursion with chance cards. For instance: "Your Sim has run out of money. They have to make some cash quick or they'll be out on the street. Do you try to get a job at the nearby gas station or do sleep in the school locker room?" (This doesn't always result in being brought home by the cops. Sims w/ a high enough charisma skill could away with it.)

Teens and romance animations/game play:

-Teens should have the ability to purchase a promise ring for their significant other which "freezes" their romance relationship bar. Basically, a promise ring excludes that couple from relationship culling.

-Teens should get "text" chance cards from their crushes that totally effect their personalities and relationships. An example chance card would be: "Your crush just sent you a text and asked for the answers to tonight's homework. Do you text them the answers or do you politely remind them that cheating is wrong?" The outcome will depend on the Sims' traits.

-All male and female teens should have the ability to "daydream" beneath the sheets in their beds. The animation is like a one-sided woohoo. This is a very important phase for ALL well adjusted adults. (*Male sims should have the unique ability to "daydream" in the shower.)

-I think parents should get the conversation options: forbid a teen to date X (which should instigate an ACT OUT animation of cursing, throwing stuff, or pushing things off shelves (maybe even planning an escape or running away if the relationship is low enough between the parent and child). If the teen has a high relationship w/ their significant other, they'll ignore their parents and suffer the consequence of a slight relationship decease every time they're around that parent.

Special events for teens:

-Teens should have the ability to go a prom rabbit hole:

*It should function like a special event in the sense that a) you have the ability to plan your Sim's outfit, B you have the ability to select a date from their relationship panel & and their outfit, C) you have the ability to pick your method of transportation (hire limo, ask parent to borrow car) D) you have the ability to pick 1 of 5 prom picture poses E) you have the ability to select whether your sim runs for prom queen or king.

*There should be mandatory chance cards. Maybe 3.) These chance cards should really really affect the overall success of the evening. For instance, "Your best friend snuck in some juice to the dance. Do you take a sip or stay sober?" *Again, this calls for super funny animations of drunk/stumbling teens.

*Your teen will come home from the prom with a mini story about their adventure, a crown if they ran for court, and prom pictures (as selected per the player). They might also come home drunk, which should enable a parent to select a punishment.

*It would also be very funny if this pack introduced the ideas of hangovers to the Sims preteen and older. Seems strange that they do all that drinking and never either build a tolerance or get a hangover. (Very simple to use the sick code and enable people to cure hang overs w/herbal rems or medicine.)

-CAS changes:
        If bras weren't unlocked for your preteen, they're unlocked when the turn into teens.
        Male teens can now use the mirror to unlock their shaving skill. (I'd say it only takes 3 levels). At level 3, they unlock all facial hair in CAS.

Other general inclusions:

-Preteens/teens should have the ability to vandalize community lots by: spray painting on a building, writing a message on a bathroom wall, breaking the bathroom mirror, using toilet paper to decorate a residential lot. (I'd like to see some mail box smashing too.)
        -Preteens/teens should have the ability to hide and scare strangers or hide and throw eggs at strangers

-Parents should have the ability to enroll their children (of all ages minus toddlers) into a boarding school rabbit hole.
        -Parents should have the ability to call the school and check up on their child.

*This should generate a progress report for the parent to look at. Basically, their child's traits, skills, and achievements all in one place.
        -Parents should have the ability to go to school (a rabbit hole) for a parent teacher conference. (*And depending on how the Sim is doing, there should be some ramifications to the game play. Good grades means that parent asks the teen whether there's a privilege they'd like. Bad grades allows the parent to take away a privilege, like "no computer." (You know how much Sims love the computer. They'd die.)

-Preteens/Teens should have a conversation option that allows them "correct pop culture trivia" "ask about woohoo" "ask for money"
        -After School programs need to make a comeback for ALL ages

-I think it would be really neat to see an new event for all minors called "sleep over" and it can only take place on a Friday or Saturday.

Also, the reason I would include a new life stage is because I think that the teenagers NEED to stay versatile game pieces for a lot of people. However, we also need the ability to shape who they're becoming and we need more interactive game play. The preteen life stage is a neat way of preserving what we love about Sims 4 teens and adding the things we miss from teenagers in previous games.

As for items, other people have a better idea of what they need to play their teens/preteens to the fullest. For me, I would suggest: a teen room trash clutter (w/books, electronic cords, old shoe boxes, fast food boxes, etc.) and bunk beds.

I might also suggest that teenagers have special items like body spray (which gives them a crazy helpful moodlet of some sort.)

'Mkay, those are my ideas so far. Enjoy. Feel free to add your own!

ETA - Omg, we need a graduation event/party. Maybe I'll find time to jot down some ideas soon.

-SD

I think you have some wonderful idea here.
        Agreed.
        Origin ID MichaelUKingdon