Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superstar/Showtime?

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    Come on EA! Lets get this started. Where is this EP? I want! I want! B)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Superstar was the only celebrity EP that I really enjoyed. It was so difficult and it was so much fun to watch your sim struggle
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Superstar was the only celebrity EP that I really enjoyed. It was so difficult and it was so much fun to watch your sim struggle

While I enjoyed superstar, I do like the idea of sims achieving fame for reasons other than being in a celebrity career, such as being a famous author, painter, chef or comedian.
    Though a celeb pack could (and probably would) have fame-centered careers; maybe chance cards could determine whether you become more famous or not.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think depending on the plans EA has for Seasons, this is also a really important pack for a lot of people.

Fame can have such a huge effect on people's lives. Late Night had a lot to do with becoming famous, but then it was padded out with Vampires. Showtime was fun, but kind of buggy. Also it had Katy Perry in it. None of these things need doing this time (as if we needed Katy Perry before).

It's great when the animations are already prepared, like singing. It means the Devs can concentrate on gameplay. What we need is the act of getting up on stage to do whatever you plan to do - singing, music, magic, comedian - instead of your job being a rabbit-hole, and some kind of fame system.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I never understood why there was a focus on Katy Perry TBH.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »

Advertising? No, there's a more appropriate word... Something like that. Appealing to Katy Perry fans, all 5 of them?

She probably had a contract, just like all the Deisel stuff we got. Katy Perry was big back then. Never mind. The important thing is, they should
    take what was great in Late Night and Showtime, and make it better in Sims 4.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited September 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

Advertising? No, there's a more appropriate word... Something like that. Appealing to Katy Perry fans, all 5 of them?

She probably had a contract, just like all the Deisel stuff we got. Katy Perry was big back then. Never mind. The important thing is, they should
    take what was great in Late Night and Showtime, and make it better in Sims 4.

Katy perrys music back then catered to the same demographic as the sims. SO i think they thought by putting her face on a pack it would pull in new fans. Could be wrong but i bet that had something to do with it. Either way it was a terrible idea! Urgh those packs were so bad, the showtime collaboration was pointless and that sweet treats pack had its uses but overall was very random!
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I think I would like to see an EP like this. I missed out on it the first time around since I was only 10 and had no income of my own. Plus I think it would be a nice addition to TS4 and hopefully, a celebrity system similar to the one in TS3 wouldn't be implemented. It felt like my sims became famous out of the blue just for going out to a bar.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is the one expansion that scares me because I do not want a town full of celebrities or in Sims 4 case every town. If they can make it impactful and only Sims of your choice become a celebrity not random npcs not Sims that talk to a celebrity keep it completely under the player control.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    This is the one expansion that scares me because I do not want a town full of celebrities or in Sims 4 case every town. If they can make it impactful and only Sims of your choice become a celebrity not random npcs not Sims that talk to a celebrity keep it completely under the player control.

Yeah that makes sense - I was thinking though, in some career paths like social media and political, it would tie in perfectly to have your sim get to a certain level and become famous or well-known - particularly with having 10000+ followers or whatever. I don't know, I kind of like having the different tiers of society...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    I think I would like to see an EP like this. I missed out on it the first time around since I was only 10 and had no income of my own. Plus I think it would be a nice addition to TS4 and hopefully, a celebrity system similar to the one in TS3 wouldn't be implemented. It felt like my sims became famous out of the blue just for going out to a bar.

Superstar was an amazing ep! Showtime not so much. Its a shame you missed out on superstar, i was obsessed with it! Still love playing it now as i have them all on disk!
    TrixieLoca wrote: »
    Superstar was by far better than showtime, it holds a place in my heart when I think back to me gaming in the early 00s but I have to admit I did enjoy show times cas items so kitsch!

Yes! I agree 100% I adore superstar! It was such a fun ep as it was challenging and had everything! You were not stuck being a street performer like we were in showtime which felt like a chore, i despised it and it got old real quick! Superstar felt more classic hollywood etc
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love superstar! I may have spent way too much time at the weekend playing it..

Would kind of like to see a celeb system in 4 but I fear it would be quite a shallow system. I.e your sims could be famous for very little, famous for having a famous family member etc. I don't think we will get the depth of Superstar.
    I love superstar! I may have spent way too much time at the weekend playing it..

Would kind of like to see a celeb system in 4 but I fear it would be quite a shallow system. I.e your sims could be famous for very little, famous for having a famous family member etc. I don't think we will get the depth of Superstar.

I disagree - I think there is a lot of potential for it to be multi-layered a bit like Vampires where there is a system behind it, so not just ANYONE can be famous for no reason. I know there's a lot of fear from previous GPs being a bit light on the details, but with Vampires and Parenthood I think the devs have put much more effort into creating the depth aspect and I would hope that a GP like Superstar would have the same thing. I did say HOPE...

I personally wouldn't be interested if its not as in depth as superstar. If there were as system like this then i would hope there would be an option to switch if off as i wouldn't use it.
    ExxCee wrote: »

I disagree - I think there is a lot of potential for it to be multi-layered a bit like Vampires where there is a system behind it, so not just ANYONE can be famous for no reason. I know there's a lot of fear from previous GPs being a bit light on the details, but with Vampires and Parenthood I think the devs have put much more effort into creating the depth aspect and I would hope that a GP like Superstar would have the same thing. I did say HOPE...

I love those packs too! I personally would like an ep though for superstar/fame so its more detailed.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I personally wouldn't be interested if its not as in depth as superstar. If there were as system like this then i would hope there would be an option to switch if off as i wouldn't use it.

I agree. I don't think it would be that detailed. I think it would be even more shallower than Show time.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited September 2017
    This could be something they could do in a game pack. But I'm sure it'll be added at some point. This has been a popular themed pack since the first Sims. I loved The Sims Superstar and hope they add some of the game play objects from it into this game. You could have a career in film, music, and fashion. It was and still is in my opinion one of the best packs made in the series. (Fingers Crossed)
    WbUrFQm.png
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Superstar was one of my favorite EPs and I would love to see another that has a similar "feel" to it!
    edited October 2017
    Being famous for knowing famous people feels like a really cheap way to be famous. Late Night kind of flopped there.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I hope fame can be skill/job/location based too.

Like a regular businessman might not be famous, but a CEO would be in the papers and more well known, or have fame among members of the business career only.

High ranking politicians might be more widely known due to media, but local level politicians (council members etc) are only known by members of the town they live in.

Writers/musicians might be known by how many books/songs they have written, or might only gain fame from Bestsellers/Hits.

Maybe there could be Infamy ratings (red stars vs. gold, maybe) too for bad writers or terrible/evil politicians.
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Mmm... maybe, but EPs are taking forever. Pets are probably going to be the next EP and then I'm thinking seasons. If we are lucky and get two EPs this year, maybe I would expect a SuperStar EP.

Maybe this time it could be some sort of GP and hopefully if they make a superstars it will be more like the sims 1. In my opinion that was the best superstar EP

Agreed.
    I could see a celebrity game pack before an Xpack
    Maybe there could be different types of fame, instead of just one.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Being famous for knowing famous people feels like a really cheap way to be famous. Late Night kind of flopped there.

Yes. Omg that used to annoy me sooo much. I loved everything else about that EP except the stupid celeb system. I love the idea of different types of fame - that's sort of what I was hoping for with political vs celebrity (maybe even scientist?!) - I still think there should be a sportsman career path and you could gain fame through competing in events. There's so much that could be done. I really hope they're working on it...
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    As long as they allow me to keep some of my sims from becoming celebrities, I'm fine with this concept being reintroduced. I do enjoy having some of my sims become celebrities, I just don't want them ALL to become celebrities. It's difficult enough for me as it is to keep my sims poor (oh how I wish that was a problem I could weirdly complain about in real life). A celebrity system inherently makes that even more difficult. I imagine they'd probably include a reputation system in a GP/EP of this nature. That would be a nice addition as well.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.