Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    ChrisLLR2831ChrisLLR2831 Posts: 74 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey guys! What do you think of this? If you like witches, you might be interested in this discussion too. Sorry if this is breaking advertising rules, but I really think you'll enjoy the read.

THE SIMS 4: GODS AND MONSTERS
    Post edited by ChrisLLR2831 on
  • Options
    robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    I seriously hope they do something cool with witches! I was also thinking it would be cool if in a future university pack they would have magical classes for those who are witches! Love expansion packs complement each other!
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    amarnthus wrote: »

YES! Add the ability to make covens if you have GT and this is exactly what I want to see too!
    Wow, I never ever thought of that but - yeah, what a great idea! Thank you!

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If we are lucky enough to get a small world with witches like we did with vampires. I would like, instead of a park in the middle, a common area where venders with carts are located that sell different ingredients for different spells. Maybe, if your sim hasn't practiced enough to level up, some venders refuse to sell them certain ingredients. They could also be venders that sell wands and caldrons and brooms, etc. In the middle, there could be the challenge arena where you can challenge another witch to a duel. There could also be the broom riding arena from S3. Maybe a fortune teller.

I would absolutely LOVE that! Let's keep this going so hopefully the powers that be at EA will give us a lovely witchy Halloween gift!
  • Options
    Also, I noticed that with the vampire packs they included a very familiar style of vampire. Anyone ever watch Buffy or Angel?

So with witches, I think they need to include the Charmed theme. By that I mean, have their magic.

LOVED Buffy and Angel...was not so much a fan of Charmed. So I kinda hope they don't go that way. But some of the suggestions here I really love, like having good, bad and neutral witches which actually depends on gameplay. And maybe personality. I kinda feel like someone with the Evil trait should not be able to be a "good" witch no matter how many "good" spells they cast. Ditto someone who is already "Good" being able to become an evil witch. And when they cast a spell in opposition to their alignment via personality trait they should suffer some negative consequence for doing so. Those who do not have either good or evil traits should acquire them dependent on the types of spells they use the most!
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I want every supernatural being to have their own GP, like Vampires had. Vampire GP is really great and if all others is made in their own GP too, it would be amazing! Then they all will be very complete and unique.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I definitely want witches and magic back in my game. I had a lot of supernaturals in TS2 and I miss that part of the game. It was okay in TS3. Not what it could have been, and I want to be able to have hybrids.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    I definitely want witches and magic back in my game. I had a lot of supernaturals in TS2 and I miss that part of the game. It was okay in TS3. Not what it could have been, and I want to be able to have hybrids.

Right there with you. C'mon EA, get this to us in time for Halloween!
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    I don't think magic should be restrict to witches, just make a cute magic gamepack.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    If they added Witches I think it'd be fun to have a Spooky Festival of sorts.....have sim musical concerts, the vendors etc idea that one simmer here had, and an opportunity to "send up sparks" (sort of like it is for fireworks) to show excitement over said concert (kind of how people use lighters to light up the night and sway to music), and have places to see gypsies for getting their fortunes told! :)
  • Options
    I don't think magic should be restrict to witches, just make a cute magic gamepack.

I would be all for that if, by say using an object included in the game pack, any existing Sim could BECOME a witch and thus unlock the cool witchy skill lines which would be separate from the other magical goodies that any Sim could use.
  • Options
    So I guess we're not getting anything awesome like witches for Halloween this year? *cries*
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Remember the charms in The Sims Makin' Magic???
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    So I guess we're not getting anything awesome like witches for Halloween this year? *cries*

Why do u say that?
  • Options
    gothekstarfiregothekstarfire Posts: 2 New Member
    I miss lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron. The sound of bubbling brew. I even miss the alchemy station. I adore the idea of the magic being added to the game again, possibly even to rival vampires and their covens, but I'm hilariously simple. A functional cauldron is plenty enough for me, but I'd want the greatest for you all.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    IMO, if a MAGIC pack is done similar to the vampire pack, you should be able to create any magical creature you want. You could have a young, beautiful Samantha Stevens (Bewitched) type of witch or an old crone type witch like from Grimm's Fairy Tales or a young beautiful witch that turns into an old crone. Even Genies or Fairies could be possible with blue skin and pointed ears or ivory skin with wings. Also, Harry Potter witches and wizards could be done. Setup the way vampires are, you would have complete control over how your sim looks and how they obtain their powers. Born magical at birth, studies spells, cooks potions or uses runes, you create your magical sim your way.

This is what I would like.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm getting ready to start a new game and converting Forgotten Hollow to a witches world. Possibly making a club to act as a 'coven'
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

The sims I mostly play in my saves are quite ordinary but I place several special sims in all my saves to make the world feel more exciting and provide a little bit of variation in my rotation. Evil ghosts, colorful aliens and deviant vampires are now a given in my saves and I would love to add possibly evil witches or magic users as well.

For my evil vampires I give them traits like mean and hot-headed. Now with the parenthood game pack I also give them traits like no compassion or argumentative, no emotional control. When I play these households they will fight other sims, go out into the world and drink plasma. They also have clubs for using vampire powers and drinking plasma. I want some vampire-sims to be truly terrifying, unfortunately they are still quite often seen pleasantly chatting away at the park with other sims but it is what it is. I try to train them to be bad as much as I can.

I would like to be able to do the same thing with magic users, making some sims really scary and others that watch out for the sims around them.

I would love some really good magic-sparring!! Pretty please, it is so exciting to see my sims battling!
  • Options
    mandyyportomandyyporto Posts: 181 Member
    the supernatural expansion on sims 3 was actually my favorite, so yeah, i would love something supernatural besides vampires on sims 4, espicially witches... Too bad we don't have anything yet, it would have been fun to actually play something for this halloween.
    oau8f7.jpg
  • Options
    ManicPenguinManicPenguin Posts: 4 New Member
    I registered my EA account, just to post here. Just to say.... Bring me the supernaturals! Bring me the witches, the fairies, and mebbe some expanded ghosts? I have vampires, and I loved the Sims 3 Supernatural. I want that in Sims 4! Coffee fueled exclamations over.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I registered my EA account, just to post here. Just to say.... Bring me the supernaturals! Bring me the witches, the fairies, and mebbe some expanded ghosts? I have vampires, and I loved the Sims 3 Supernatural. I want that in Sims 4! Coffee fueled exclamations over.

Welcome to the Forums! :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options

Welcome to the forums. I, too, love the supes. I'd like a magic pack. Then, if it's done similar to vampires, we can create any magical creature you want. Witches, fairies, genies or Harry Potter type wizards.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want witches, but I don't want to have just standard witch-craft. All kinds would be good. When you become a witch, you can learn one type of many. We've already seen VooDoo.

I want to see Forgotten Hollow expanded for our Werewolves and Witches. There's not enough room for all of them in the one, and it feels messy to have three separate worlds for things so similar if one could be given more neighbourhoods.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I want witches, but I don't want to have just standard witch-craft. All kinds would be good. When you become a witch, you can learn one type of many. We've already seen VooDoo.

I want to see Forgotten Hollow expanded for our Werewolves and Witches. There's not enough room for all of them in the one, and it feels messy to have three separate worlds for things so similar if one could be given more neighbourhoods.

I would rather they have their own worlds to live in.

The magic GP should have a village surrounding a marketplace where you can buy or barter for ingredients or spells, similar to Makin' Magic where you had venders with different items to purchase.

A werewolf world should be surrounded by a thick forest with an open field in the center. This is where the werewolves have their battles for leadership. There could be a big bonfire and a throne for the victor to sit on, maybe a giant tree stump that was hit by lightning and has been converted into a throne with spooky branches reaching up to the night sky.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I haven't read through the entire thread and have no clue what was said already.

Witches are my absolute favourite Occults in TS3, and I really want them to return to TS4!
    I know that there were good, evil and neutral Witches in TS2, but having never played with them and only reading the description, it sounds limiting and... meh...
    I absolutely loved them in 3, and I want them to stay about the same in 4, however, I would like to have them improved quite a bit.

The Vampires set the Bar pretty High, and I will be absolutely destroyed if they don't top them.

First, I want Child-Witches to have some spells too. Not many, but some useful ones.

Second, I want more different types of wands as well as staves, but I also want them to be optional. No forcing me to use any Wand whatsoever.

Third, I want them to have bonus interactions with the voodoo-doll. Lots of, actually. Positive and negative ones.

Forth, I want a fully developed Witch (Maxed out Skills, all Spells unlocked) to have at least 6 Categories of Spells at his/her disposal, with a set of at least 10-12 spells per category. A Newby can start with 2 or 3 categories and only 3-5 spells per category.

Fifth, I want each and every one of those Spells to be useful and unique. No recoloured copies of each other with slightly altered numbers.

Sixth, I want at least 50 different Potions to brew.

Seventh, I want Henges, Magic Circles, Totems and Altars be functional. They should provide functionality to very powerful rituals that become even more powerful when multiple Witches perform it. Those Rituals should have an effect on the entire neighbourhood and last anywhere from a few hours to several days. Those Effects may Include:
    Weather Changes (Seasons EP or Weather GP required, make it snow, let it rain, summon fog, create thunderstorm...)
    Rat Plague (Rats Everywhere, City Living required)
    Make everyone Sick (Get to Work)
    Flowers Everywhere.
    [Instert Spell] is applied to everyone outside of the Lot. (Townies)

Eight, I want flying brooms like in Sims 3. I don't care about there not being an open world and therefore no need for them. I still want them, and I want them to be functional.

Ninth, I want crystal balls, cauldrons and more things. At least for Decoration. I would love if Cauldrons are used for brewing.

Tenth, I want several Witch-Hats to choose from, I want some of the outfits to have capes or cloaks on them, and I want several Necklaces with mythical and magical symbols.

Eleventh, I want Witches to be able to own Owls, Ravens, Toads or something similar.

Twelfth, I want a really long beard, like the ones from Dumbledore, Gandalf, Merlin or my Father. if it doesn't go below the chest, I will not be satisfied.

Thirteenth, I want some magical Plants for the garden like Mandrake, Nightshade and others.

Some Stuff is more important to me than others.