Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Valley Medieval Makeover

2...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Warrior Training Grounds is very nice! :) The pool looks very creative in the shape of a sword! The water fountain features look very nice! The bridge looks great over the top of it. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the building! Each of the levels looks very nice! The flooring gives a great look to the rooms, Very nice bistro level! It looks great how the tables and chairs are set up there for sims to enjoy sitting and eating their meals. The plants and flowers are nice touches there. The archery, martial arts and fitness level looks great! The archery items, training dummies, and treadmills look very nice how they are placed there for sims to enjoy using, Very nice relaxation level! The large circular water fountain feature in the middle of the level looks very nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tubs, enjoy spending time in the sauna or enjoy a relaxing massage.
    It is a very nice venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you, @rosemow. :) Your always thorough comments are always very welcome. :)

The amusing thing about the massage tables is that you can essentially force any NPC to give you a massage. All you have to do is click a massage table, and select, "Get a massage from..." and then select the NPC. It will work for any NPC (I believe, although you might need a minimum relationship with him), as long as he is on the lot. It will interrupt him, and he will go over and give you a massage!

Your whole town becomes your personal massage service! :D
    edited September 2017
    Green Miller Grocery
    Originally The Local Grocer
    A revamp of Dragon Valley's grocery store / diner

dvgrocery-revamp-00_orig.jpg

While the grocery store lot normally doesn't need a lot of activities, because Sims DO seem to hang out there, I felt that it needed something. There are a few picnic tables, barbecue areas (in the back, as well as in the front), the mill wheel from the Old Mill set from the Sims 3 store for fishing in, and some playground toys for children and toddlers that occasionally get dragged there by their parents.

I also included two of the Fruit and Veggie Stands that come with the Al Fresco Market, also from the Sims 3 store. This gives Sims an alternative way to purchase groceries if they choose.

I also added to the landscaping, although that's more cosmetic than functional.

I didn't actually add a lot; I didn't want to crowd things out, and it doesn't really need a whole lot. The building itself is rather pretty, and perfectly fitting with this world.
    dvgrocery-revamp-01_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-02_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-03_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-04_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-05_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-06_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-08_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-09_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-10_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-11_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-12_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-13_orig.jpg
    dvgrocery-revamp-14_orig.jpg

This lot does not have a tomb. Probably one of my few recent lots that doesn't. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    The makeover of the Grocer/Diner looks very nice ! :) The flowers there look very pretty! It is nice that there are bbq areas in the front and back areas on the lot. The type of dining seats and the stone picnic tables suit well the world type. Sims will enjoy cooking meals there and eating the food in the outdoors air. It is great that the mill water wheel is in the build. The market stands are great there to buy produce from . Sims will like getting honey from the hives. It is great there is playground equipment and a sandpit for kids to have fun playing in.
    The makeover looks great! :)
    Ok, so, I was very hesitant about how I would revamp the fishing lot (I am not good at landscaping, and that's mostly what you'd need to make this interesting), but now I don't have to! @CatDog123 made an absolutely gorgeous lot that can replace the fishing lot in DV. Pictures can be found here.

Although... I'm not sure if it might not be a tiny bit too large to replace the actual fishing lot. His is 64x64, and the fishing lot in DV might be 60x60. If that's the case, though, my suggestion would be to place this on one of the 64x64 lots, and then we can bulldoze the fishing lot on the 60x60 and turn it into something else. Like a festival lot. Then DV would have two festival lots, and that would be cool. :)

He placed two fishing spawners, but of course you can add more. Be careful of turning the lot, though. Every time you turn a lot with spawners, they duplicate. If you turn it twice, you'll end up with eight fishing spawners, with probably most of them underground. So I would suggest not turning the lot when you place it. :)
    @rosemow, thank you for your kind words. You always notice all of the details. :)
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Sorry for my silence, out of state at present. Had taken screenshots but plum ran out of time to post before I left. Promise some updates when I get home :)
    Sorry for my silence, out of state at present. Had taken screenshots but plum ran out of time to post before I left. Promise some updates when I get home :)
    That's OK, CM! I didn't know you've been out of town, but I hope it's for something fun, not something serious. ;)

I need to organize the pictures from some of the other builds I've finished, then upload the lots and the pictures. But I've been wanting to actually play in game the past couple of days, so haven't. :D
    For work. Nothing too bad, but missing home and bf.

• NirvanatjeNirvanatje Posts: 35 Member
    milaskywalker i love the miller house very beautifull
    Nirvanatje wrote: »
    milaskywalker i love the miller house very beautifull
    Actually, it's not a house, it's the grocery store rabbithole for DV. I have made a miller residential lot (it's in my studio), but it's not part of this revamp.

I'm probably not going to redo any of the homes. I absolutely can NOT keep on a budget, so I'd make the homes too expensive for their current residents. :)

I may remake some of the homes that don't have residents, because if costs of those go up, it won't matter as much. But I think CM does a better job than I do on residential homes (you should SEE some of the things she's made!), so I'll probably stick to the commercial lots. :)
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Hello @MiaSkywalker , has this project been abandoned?
    @zei Hi, thanks for your interest. I don't know that it's been abandoned so much as... significantly stagnated due to life and such. I do have several builds that I need to upload and add here, I should get to that. :)