March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cow Plant/ need help

For the life of me I can't seem to successfully grow a cow plant. What steps do I need to take? Please help!
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You should probably post this in General Discussion since the Cowplant is base game not expansion IIRC.

Growing a Cowplant isn't much different than growing any other plant, other than the fact the plant needs a LOT of space -- you can't plant it in a planter box, you have to put it directly in the ground. I think it's like a 3x4 or 4x5 area it needs to develop. Then just water and wait -- it takes a while to grow. You can find the Cowplant Berry by fishing (the small pool behind the park in Oasis Springs is often a good spot) or if you have a rocket ship you can sometimes get one as a reward for one of the missions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2017
    Do you have a cowplant berry?

If you don't, there are some fishing locations that sometimes yield the berry
    OR
    You can create the cowplant berry by grafting a snapdragon onto a strawberry to create dragonfruit, then graft dragonfruit onto snapdragon. This will create a hybrid plant that produces the cowplant berry. Once you harvest, you plant it else where and voila! Cowplant.

Hopefully this answers your question!

Edit: Spelling
    294i51u.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @JunoSims I couldn't remember the grafting recipe to create a cowplant berry -- thanks for helping out. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Thank you both for your answers. I don't have a cowplant berry. I guess that would help. Thanks for letting me know about the fishing spots and what plants to graft. This is very helpful. :)
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    @vessme @stilljustme2 Glad I could help! I have a lot of gardening Sims, so I tend to use the grafting method quite a bit. Carl's Sim 4 Guide has a looot of really good information, which is where I learned how to create the cowplant berry (You can also create a deathflower!).
    294i51u.jpg
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    And some tips to get your sims house prepared for their new cow plant mutant pet: if you put a radio next to her, she will dance! You can also bring her inside once it's fully grown, a vase will appear under the roots, it's adorable. I love cowplants :D
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    And some tips to get your sims house prepared for their new cow plant mutant pet: if you put a radio next to her, she will dance! You can also bring her inside once it's fully grown, a vase will appear under the roots, it's adorable. I love cowplants :D

That's so cool, @Livinity I didn't know any of that. Can your Sim put the cowplant in their inventory?
    I ask because Smucky grew one in Granite Falls, but she never got the credit "grow a cowplant" in the Biologist aspiration. I was thinking that she could take it home and maybe it'd count there. If not, Lilith Vatore will take it home to her apartment and put it next to her radio.
    Also, if you go to the Romance Festival, chances are you can harvest a Dragonfruit, and maybe a Snapdragon at the same time.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member

That's so cool, @Livinity I didn't know any of that. Can your Sim put the cowplant in their inventory?
    I ask because Smucky grew one in Granite Falls, but she never got the credit "grow a cowplant" in the Biologist aspiration. I was thinking that she could take it home and maybe it'd count there. If not, Lilith Vatore will take it home to her apartment and put it next to her radio.
    Also, if you go to the Romance Festival, chances are you can harvest a Dragonfruit, and maybe a Snapdragon at the same time.

Hello @TheLibrarySim
    Putting the cowplant into the family inventory and then back out again helps “ grow a cow plant” to register.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    It's nice that @rosemow answered your question because I had no idea haha
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @TheLibrarySim
    Putting the cowplant into the family inventory and then back out again helps “ grow a cow plant” to register.
    Thanks, @rosemow! Unfortunately, Smucky's cowplant is in Granite Falls, so she can't go to Build Mode to put it in her inventory.
    But that's okay-she's grafted a snapdragon/dragonfruit plant and she's getting a number of cowplant berries.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @TheLibrarySim
    Thanks, @rosemow! Unfortunately, Smucky's cowplant is in Granite Falls, so she can't go to Build Mode to put it in her inventory.
    But that's okay-she's grafted a snapdragon/dragonfruit plant and she's getting a number of cowplant berries.

I hope that the growing of her cowplant goes well :)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

I had no idea you could do that. Now I'm going to have to start bringing Cowy inside. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• 1Kim1151Kim115 Posts: 39 Member
    You should probably post this in General Discussion since the Cowplant is base game not expansion IIRC.

Growing a Cowplant isn't much different than growing any other plant, other than the fact the plant needs a LOT of space -- you can't plant it in a planter box, you have to put it directly in the ground. I think it's like a 3x4 or 4x5 area it needs to develop. Then just water and wait -- it takes a while to grow. You can find the Cowplant Berry by fishing (the small pool behind the park in Oasis Springs is often a good spot) or if you have a rocket ship you can sometimes get one as a reward for one of the missions.

My problem is that mine die after they devour a couple of sims. Granted they have all lived outside and have been cared for with Sims with high gardening skills but still. What am I doing wrong?
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @1Kim115 do you feed it? the cowplant eats sims when it gets hungry so if you see it with a cake sticking out it's hungry. If you leave it too long without feeding or it not eating sims, it'll die.
  • 1Kim1151Kim115 Posts: 39 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @1Kim115 do you feed it? the cowplant eats sims when it gets hungry so if you see it with a cake sticking out it's hungry. If you leave it too long without feeding or it not eating sims, it'll die.

Honestly I have no idea. My Sim's get plenty of autonomy. Sometimes I don't notice. :D
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    1Kim115 wrote: »
    ]Honestly I have no idea. My Sim's get plenty of autonomy. Sometimes I don't notice. :D

ah, yea it happens to me to and i tend to not pay attention to it either. It may just be a case of it dying of starvation.