Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Congratz @Valuzza90 @FoundMarbles B)

Thanks for the congratz ;)

Thanks @BuildnShare o:)
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Expert Results for Challenge #76 - We're Going Deeper Underground

@pronterus
    With all the signs and surveillance equipment out front, this is reminding me of a survivalist compound! I like the way you’ve concealed the lot from the street with plenty of trees. I love all the camp-like details on the landscaping and the enclosure of the veggie garden. The barbed wire fencing is a nice touch. Inside has a nice color scheme while still looking masculine. Love the back-story of the site with the pit and decontamination room. The decorative touch of the pipes in various rooms goes along with the industrial vibe. Love the cobwebs in the downstairs basement and the quirky military holdovers in Terrance’s room.

Suggestions: I would just work on your camera angles, detail shots and cropping for your showcase pictures. It’s hard to get good shots of small room, but you can find some good tips HERE.

Sim challenge: Great job! Very creative choice of traits.

@suepea
    I like the Google Photo slideshow format! This is a great option for people looking for something more like what Photobucket used to offer. Great compromise for Terrance’s love of the outdoors to have skylights letting some light underground. The above-ground landscaping is nicely done. Great use of the privacy fencing with barbed wire and the “unfriendly” cacti. Those and the murky pond are sure to keep even the nosiest of visitors away. Great entry room – I love the industrial and utilitarian touches. The rooms inside are a bit spare, but that fits with Terrance’s personality. The outdoor living room is nicely done. I love Peter’s bedroom! It’s adorable.

Suggestions: Not sure about the green paint in the lower entry area. It would have made more sense to me to have it match the upper entry. Also, in my mind, Terrance’s master bedroom was a little too fancy for his personality.

Sim challenge: "He hasn't yet decided if he needs to look for a respectable job -- Secret Agent? Mad Scientist? Or just a stay at home dad?" This says it all! Great job on bringing Terrance to life.

@FaithofKaela
    I wasn’t sure about this take on the challenge until I delved in deeper. “Hiding in plain sight” is definitely a tactic that could work for this family. They have plenty of privacy from the surrounding fence, and any peekers would just see what appears to be a private park. Love the above-ground landscaping with the fishing pond and covered BBQ area. Love the gardening shed hiding the entrance to the below-ground housing. Great use of the security doors for access to the main living areas. Great use of MOO for the interior industrial touches. Love the kitchen details. The living areas are sparse as you mention, but I understand your design choices. Peter’s room is very cute and functional. Love Terrance’s security station – the details here are fantastic.

Suggestions: Not much to add here. The design elements and attention to detail are fantastic.

@Ainsleyf
    Brilliant method of disguising this home! No one is going to just stumble in her uninvited. Nice landscaping details and good use of terrain paints. The downstairs living area has a very gothic feel to it and matches with the crypt setting. Even the plumbing looks like to comes from a different era. Great vintage kitchen. Love your use of the iron stove and cold box. The stone siding is nice as well. Peter’s rooms have great details and are nicely done.

Suggestions: I feel like you lost me with the main living areas of the home. They didn’t fit Terrance’s personality as I perceived it in the design brief. Perhaps if you’d explained it a bit more in your entry details and slideshow narration, I’d have understood your design choices better (got a little more info in the Sim entry but would have liked more).

Sim challenge: Love the title of this family! I can really see how these two would write their own story for players.

And the winner is.....

@pronterus AND @FaithofKaela

These two takes on the challenge of disguising the home couldn't have been more different, but in the end, they were both so creative and so attentive to detail that I couldn't do anything but assign a joint win. Congrats!

And the winner of the Sim challenge is......

@suepea

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @emere, @pronterus and @FaithofKaela - congrats on your wins!!! The social media sites have been updated with all the details, so don't forget to check them out facebook, twitter and tumblr.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2017
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS77 - A PARK FOR ROSE

@withlovejulien
    Rosewalk Playground is fabulous, the rose garden is the stand out for me, it’s perfect and I can see Rose giving her seal of approval.  Your use of terrain paints around the whole of the park is fantastic, and I especially like how you approached the sand pit idea. The structures are awesome, the castle play area is ingenious as is the boat with the Dr playthings and seating. Your use of MOO is great, I adore that elephant statue by the chess area. The club house is amazing and it’s great that you included a BBQ for Sims to make their own food while visiting the park. You did a great job securing the park, so that no toddlers are likely to wander off on their own.  You have included so many great touches that make this place awesome.

Suggestions: Just a small thing, but I think knowing how routing sometimes works (or doesn’t) I would have been tempted to increase the width of the castle’s 2nd and top floor and area’s.

@emere
    Using a Merrygoround as the centerpiece is just inspired! The way you have done the fencing is brilliant! You have made amazing use of the terrain painting tool, the structure of the park feels really natural.  You did a great job with the BBQ/picnic area and sandbox, and those big huggable toys by the entrance to the toilet area are fantastic!!   Those ‘runway’ lights used for the toddler play area are amazing! The Rose garden is lovely, great MOO work with the fountains and the planted rose bushes are a wonderful addition.  The place looks awesome in the dark as well.

Suggestions: A very minor thing, and possibly just personal preference, but I’m not sure that the UFO jungle gym really fits with the theme of your lot, and wonder if the pirate ship would have been more in keeping.

@suepea
    Using a building as the foundation to the park was a great idea and I love the backstory behind it. Your landscaping skills are awesome, you’ve made some really great use of the terrain painting tools. Your planting looks amazing, I especially liked the arrangement by the statue in the area by the wishing well. The house itself is beautiful inside and out, you’ve done a really great job with the fencing, spandrels and awnings.  

Suggestions: At the expert level, we really expect you to label your pictures, to give us a better understanding of what's what in your builds.  Also, some of your exterior shots feel a little unnatural, pressing the ‘tab’ button in live mode can help to get more natural ‘sim level’ shots of areas.  

@Ainsleyf
    Oh my gosh!! A Freezer Bunny Park!! I am in total awe of the creative process behind this lot.  You did a wonderful job with the fencing around the lot, ensuring no toddlers can wander off on their own, and you included some really great activities, love the cake table for birthday parties etc...You did a fantastic job with the landscaping, you did a fantastic job with the terrain painting and plant placement, the planter beds are adorable!  And those little pavillion/gazebo structures are amazing. The indoor areas are lovely, and I know you said that the entry way was a happy accident, but fluffy bunny tail!!!

Suggestions: Using the carpeting as a floor covering was great idea, but it kind of made each area feel incredibly separate from those around it, especially in the toddler play and resting area.  The event room felt really cramped, I wonder if just one more square of width would have helped it feel a little more open.

And the winner is.....

@withlovejulien

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Only found out that I won now. Thank you all! Congrats to everyone who placed as well :)
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Congratulations to everyone in the BnS Challenge #77! I appreciate the time taken to critique our builds. I always feel that I've been given at least a few tidbits of information and the encouragement to take my creations to the next level. Your kind comments and eye for detail make me look forward to coming back for more. The challenges are fun and inspiring.
    I knew when I submitted that I really wanted to have captioned my images for you. But time got away from me and I had to either submit as they were or miss the deadline. Next time hopefully I won't leave everything to the last minute!
    h2xmsbl]
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Thanks so much! Everyone's parks looked so good!

Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback and congratz to @withlovejulien <3
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    I didn't comment here?! Huh?! Thanks for the joint win @BuildnShare!! And congrats to everyone who placed, @pronterus, @emere, and @suepea!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited October 2017
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR #BNS78 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART V

@Valuzza90
    The studio you created for Rima looks lovely, I really like how you used the Mediterranean window style in there.The sketched pictures are a great touch and it’s awesome that you gave her a bit of office space to ensure she can carry out her business.  The hidden door is a lovely addition.

Suggestions: We recommend that you have the walls fully up when taking pictures for a media showcase, then you can use tab mode to get more of a Sims eye view.  Also, when showcasing your creations, more is usually better, try taking pictures from each corner of the room, so that we get a better view of the whole room.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    @BuildnShare, Thanks for your advice :)
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS78 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART V

@FoundMarbles

It is clear that you put a lot of thought into Home Refuge ! The Middle Eastern touches are evident in the architecture of the house, the colorful landscaping and the choice of interior furnishings. I especially like your use of the Vampire Pack windows; their pointed arches are just right. And your color and texture choices for the walls, windows and doors harmonize with the landscape plants and tiles. Inside, you’ve chosen wisely a more-or-less open plan for the main floor and the flow works well. The Vampire Pack rug panels were a great choice for area rugs! The flower pattern is again reminiscent of Moorish tiling. The bedrooms are thoughtfully decorated with each child in mind. You really gave the family a lot for the money! :smiley:

Suggestions: Some sort of trim or fencing at the top of each story might have given the overall appearance of the house more presence, especially if it was in a similar color to the windows. Also, the house is basically one square box on top of another. If you had built out the front doorway, for example, or an upper center window to break up the square, it might have added interest to the design.

@Laydeecee

Building a cozy home around a lovely courtyard is guaranteed to make the refugee children feel at home! The beautiful tiling, fountain and abundant plants make Sunrise Courtyard seem peaceful and inviting. The family will definitely spend a lot of time there! The open archways also help to make the courtyard seem like another room in the house. I love the cozy feeling you’ve created in the kitchen and family room, and the two bedrooms and bathroom are nicely designed. Well done! :smiley:

Suggestions: The architecture, although not untypical of Middle Eastern houses, could have been brightened up with some sort of external decoration like a wall fountain. The yard needs some landscaping, too. And I couldn’t find a musical instrument on the lot—if there was one, I missed it! A few more pictures of your lovely work would have been appreciated, too. You can never have too many pictures!

@SyddyB206

Abstract 3 Bedroom is and attractive modern house! The roofline is beautifully designed and adds a lot of interest to the house, and your choice of wall textures, windows and doors coordinate well with the modern theme. The layout of the house is unusual, but it adds to the dynamic nature of the interior spaces. I especially like your use of the brick wall in the kitchen! :smiley:

Suggestions: You appear to have had a bit more of the budget than you spent. I would have added exterior landscaping and more interior decoration to the house. Also, there were a few walls that had no covering at all—be careful of that! And I couldn’t find any fitness equipment. If it was there, I didn’t see it. Again, more pictures are always appreciated!

And the winner is:

@FoundMarbles
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @FoundMarbles!!! WOOT!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited October 2017
    @BuildnShare , Thank you for the winning placement! Your comments were spot on! @Ainsleyf , Thank you! it might have been by default because it is Sooo easy to miss items! (As we just recently talked about!) Those test plays are so vital to spotting what we may have missed, like fridges, lights and waste bins! I'm a pretty happy camper, right now!
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #BNS78 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART V

@Ainsleyf

Suburban Oasis is a very unique and beautiful creation. You have really nailed the Middle Eastern theme with the structural design and fabulous roofing. The wall textures are very fitting for this theme as are your choice of windows and doors. I love the archways to the porch, they seem to mirror the windows and door here. Very creative use of roof decorations which add impact to the build and make a statement. Great use of terrain paint to create pathways and I like how you've defined these with an earthy edging. I also love how you've used foundation to create walls and topped these with a fence, very effective! The curved corners look fabulous and make great flower beds. Going inside is instant cheeriness with your fresh and zingy colour scheme. The living areas are very homely and comfy looking, the children's artwork on the wall enhances this and the kitchen shelves are well stocked. Great to see you've made use of the debug items to add clutter for free.

Suggestions: You say "violin is to the right outside of the shot" - we judge from the shots alone so make sure all the requirements are shown. The terrain path at the rear doesn't seem to lead anywhere outside the build. I always think a build should blend in with it's surroundings so I would have stopped the path at the wall and added a gate.

@Kementari

Arabian Dreams is a beautiful name for this gorgeous Middle Eastern style home which is full of charm and character. The facade looks wonderfully stately with your great choice of fenestration and balconies, the bold yellow brings the house to life. The Mediterranean plants are perfect for the warm climate and I love how you've used terrain paint to create and highlight the planted areas and pathways. Wonderful interior layout with all rooms easily accessible. The strong colours and boho rugs provide a beautiful Moroccan atmosphere which instantly instils a sense of calm. The Hookah room is incredibly awesome, very creatively done, the cushions look so comfy here. Good to see you'd made use of the free debug items, they certainly fill a place up and the stairgate is such a wonderful idea with a toddler around.

Suggestions: Make sure you check the brief, I couldn't see any fitness equipment in any of the pics, only a yoga mat which doesn't count as it provides the wellness skill. Regarding the build I would have added a fence around the rear patio to kind of finish it off and curtains in some of the rooms with bare walls would have added more interest.

@abelhinha35

Wow, Home Sweet Home simply took my breath away, what an amazing build! The architecture is full of character and interest, very unique. The facade is absolutely beautiful and you have made a wonderful choice with the windows and doors which suit the Middle Eastern theme perfectly. I really love the balance of it all. Fantastic roofing and the addition of the roof decorations really add to the grandeur of this build. The steps leading to the upper balcony provide even more interest and give a real Moroccan feel. The beautiful pergola is perfectly placed over the front entrance, providing shade to the front porch. I also love the gate leading to the rear garden and the stepped wall here, very creative. The interior layout is well thought out and I like how you've used different floor tiles to define the kitchen area, the counter island is a great focal point. Your choice of bold colours throughout really gives this home a lot of warmth and charm.

Suggestions: I feel the upper balcony looks a little bare and could do with some division into different areas to be more interesting. I would have added lots of plants to define the different spaces you have there already and maybe added a seated area.

@FaithofKaela

Sarayimiz is a gorgeous Turkish name for such a beautiful home and I love how it translates into Our Palace, very appropriate. You have really mastered the Middle Eastern style with the architecture by using decorative arched windows and light walls, topped off with a terracotta roof. The planted borders at the front add more interest to the build and the climbers break up the plain walls wonderfully. The fruit tree draws the eye to the tower which sits majestically at the top. I love how you've used a curved wall for the enclosed garden at the rear and how you've created a play area here, together with the garden planters. Very impressive how the basketball area slots in as if the space was made for it! The interior layout is well thought out and the open plan concept provides a lovely spacious feel. It's good to see you've brought the theme inside with the warm, yet bright, colours. There is such a homely and cheery atmosphere about the place. Your paintings are wonderful and bring the walls to life. Very wise to use debug items to provide lots of free clutter, the kitchen certainly looks well stocked with all the full shelves.

Suggestions: I would suggest adding some sort of edging to the paving where it meets the grass, perhaps a low wall, fence, plants or hedging (maybe even a mixture of these). This, I think, will allow the build to blend in better with the surroundings.

@emere

Fantastic work with There is Hope, you have created a beautiful gem in true Middle Eastern style. The structure is simple but has many enhancements, such as the pergola over the front terrace and the low decorative wall surrounding the roof. The earthy exterior colours certainly evoke this theme and the contrasting tile and stone walls are beautifully adorned with climbing plants. The front is very welcoming with the bright and colourful planted areas and fountain. The interior layout works well with all rooms easily accessible and the open plan design enables a sense of space. I absolutely love the blue and yellow colour scheme, very sunny and cheery, warming the living areas beautifully. Excellent choice of curtains and rugs here and I love how you've created the wall hangings with the plants inside, really gives a Moroccan edge. The kitchen, on the other hand, is cool and provides a great contrast to the hot colours of the living space. The stone and tile walls here are wonderful combinations, very authentic looking. It's good to see you chose softer tones for the bedrooms, this provides peaceful retreats for the family.

Suggestions: I was a little disappointed you didn't provide close ups of the rear garden, I would have loved to see this area in more detail. The terrain paint at the other side of the gate here looks a little out of place to me as it doesn't really lead anywhere. I would have softened it right down to look like very worn stones in the grass.

@AIRIS6962

Wow, Inner Oasis is an absolutely fantastic build, you have really nailed the Middle East theme perfectly with the architecture, landscaping and interior design. I was most impressed to see how much you have achieved on such a low budget! I can see you have really thought out the structure well and created a very unique build with lots of detail and interest. The arched windows and doors blend in well with the stucco exteriors and the pergolas are perfectly sited. The stairs are a great diversion for the eye, leading to the upper floor and the domed roof tops the build off perfectly. The rear garden is very well laid out and you have made use of all available space. Your choice of plants is very appropriate for the Middle East climate and you have used terrain paint to create beautiful landscaping. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible and the open plan concept provides a sense of space. The bright and sunny pops of colour bring lots of interest and cheeriness to the interiors, a very happy family home. Well done for using debug items to stock the shelves in the kitchen, love how you've enlarged the olive pot here!

Suggestions: I couldn't see any fitness equipment in your pics, there is a yoga mat but that gives the wellness skill. Regarding the build all I would suggest is adding a half wall or divider between the kitchen and the living area, just to break the space up a little. A fireplace would look good on the stone wall in this area, but I do understand they cost.

@Wildling

Genie's Wish is a wonderful stately build in true Middle Eastern style. The two tone colours of the exterior walls, the railings outside the windows and roof edged with fencing all enhance the build greatly and these details provide lots of interest. The domed roof is perfectly sited in the middle. Great use of terrain paint to create pathways leading to the different areas, the fairy tale surroundings are beautiful for the painting area and the fishing pond looks great at the bottom of the garden. Very appropriate choice of plants for the warm climate of the build. The interior layout is very unique and interesting. Wonderful choice of floor tiles for the front entrance and the fountain is a fabulous focal point. I love the archways leading to the different rooms and how you've placed the curtains. The bubble blower room looks like a little haven, so relaxing and peaceful.

Suggestions: Maybe add some seating areas to the rear garden to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Regarding the interiors I wasn't sure about the wooden floorboards going different ways. I would have kept them facing all the same way to make it look more uniform and I would have used rugs to define the different areas.

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@AIRIS6962

Second place goes to ....

@emere

Third place goes to ....

@abelhinha35

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congrats to all the winners of this challenge, awesome builds all round :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@AIRIS6962 , @emere , @abelhinha35 CONGRATULATIONS! All very well done. So glad I was not judging!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Wooo!! Congrats to @AIRIS6962, @emere and @abelhinha35!!! Such an awesome collection of builds this time around!! Thanks for the critique @BuildnShare, I'll admit to having been too low on funds to afford the low wall, which is what I really wanted to do :wink:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    Congratulations to everyone who took part, you are all winners in my eyes :)
    All your builds are wonderful and have given me some great ideas for the future.
    Thank you so much for the feedback, the TV was for the fitness skill actually lol. (that does count doesn't it?) I agree with the curtains, the walls are very bare. I ran out of funds to add some lol
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Congratulation to the winner and placers. Well done to everyone that submitted this round. <3 Thanks @BuildnShare for the generous comments. <3

Congratz @FoundMarbles @AIRIS6962 @abelhinha35 B)

Thanks @BuildnShare for the challenge and our feedback o:)
    Congrats @airis6962, @emere and @abelhinha35! And thanks @buildnshare for the great challenge and critiques!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Congrats @emere and @abelhinha35 !
    Thank you very much to you all for your congrats and nice comments. And thank you very much for your detailed feedback @BuildnShare !

@BuildnShare , about the suggestions, you hit the nail. I placed the half wall between the kitchen and the living-room but I had to remove it because the budget. About the fireplace, more or less the same, the budget! LOL I made a false fireplace instead, but maybe it´s not well shown in my pictures.
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS79 - THE THIRD SISTER - CARRIE

@FoundMarbles

Carrie Secured is a fabulous traditional home with a great roof structure. The exterior design has an industrial vibe and your choice of plants is perfect for this sunny climate. The high fence and security cameras ensure Carrie's safety and I love how you've turned the en-suite into a disguised safe room, great thinking! I'm also very impressed with how many activities you've included in this build, there's certainly lots to do. The open plan living areas are designed and laid out well with a good division between the lounge and kitchen. The earthy tones provide the home with warmth and comfort and the furnishings are solid and traditional, yet classy and elegant.

Suggestions: I feel the pathways around the build are a little too modern for this style of home. I would have used terrain paint to create soft curves instead of the sharp corners and it would have saved on budget too.

@mannanna

Safe In The City certainly lives up to it's name with the high fencing, security gate and floodlights, even a side yard used as a dog run, I'm super impressed! Lovely solid architecture, very neat and compact and your choice of exterior textures compliment each other well. Gorgeous pool at the rear, again with high fencing for privacy. Going inside is very warming and cosy, the earthy tones really make this place feel homely. The open plan concept provides space and it's great how you've set the different areas out. Love how you've put the nooks to good use with yoga and a desk. Beautiful big bedroom, what a fantastic idea to provide lots of wardrobe space.

Suggestions: I feel there is a little too much greenery at the front of the house. I would have substituted the debug plants for flowering ones just to break it up. Maybe one or two less counters in the kitchen would have provided the funds for this or using carpet floor tiles to create your own custom rugs.

The Winner of this challenge is ....

@FoundMarbles

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top