March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...are you going to buy the laundry pack?

Comments

• JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    So apparently laundry won.
    I'm gonna be skipping this pack.

How about you? :*

Why are you skipping it? I'm excited about it. I liked washing and drying clothes in TS3.

71rbpi.png
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to pay $10 just to do laundry in the game.

On a serious note, the concept is nice but I won't be buying it.

They should have added laundry in a free update just like they did with toddlers. It kind of reminds me of the "Fitness Stuff pack".. you are basically paying $10 just for a climbing wall that will get boring after 5 minutes lol.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Where do you vote for these packs?

We had both in TS3

Good preserving might come later I guess. Makes you wonder if they already created these features.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Marcelina wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to pay $10 just to do laundry in the game.

On a serious note, the concept is nice but I won't be buying it.

They should have added laundry in a free update just like they did with toddlers. It kind of reminds me of the "Fitness Stuff pack".. you are basically paying $10 just for a climbing wall that will get boring after 5 minutes lol.

Agree I get bored very quickly with stuff packs. It's the premium content is the reason why I buy them for but the laundry one. Is it going to be a SP or GP?

It should come with quite a few items we don't have.

• JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    It wasn't my first choice but I was happy with how the pack was going until laundry was picked. I'm not gonna buy it. Laundry in Sims 3 got tedious at best. I haven't gotten most of the Stuff Packs I want so I'm definitely not gonna buy a pack with laundry as the main focus.
  • SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2017
    I was thinking only a few days before I heard about this pack, how much I wanted my sims to be able to do laundry/have washing machines again.

It's odd, because, as I told my boyfriend, I get more excited about my sims doing laundry, than doing laundry in RL.

I guess, I just like my sims having plenty to do while they're at home. Whether that is entertainment-based things or domestic chores. The more stuff they can do at home, the more I like it.

So, yes I will be buying it.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Unless it woos me over like nothing else for the clothing/build stuff, which I don't know that it will, nope.

I only recently played Sims 3 with laundry for the first time and I absolutely despised it. All it came down to, for me at least, was more busy work. I already can barely let my sims deal with what messes they already create before I just deal with it myself. To have even more stuff for them to clean and pick up would, I think, drive me completely insane.

Ultimately, it's not my play style. I get the element of realism etc that comes with it, and I do think it should be an optional part of the game, but I play for the interactions between the sims and for building. All of the details that come with actually running the household get to me after a while.

Just, not for me. After maybe two Sim days of doing laundry in Sims 3, I deleted the washer and clothesline because I just couldn't do it.

I do honestly really like the style that was picked in regard to fashion and decor, though. That part, as they say, is my jam.
    a63ftuN.png
  • georgeandjudycasgeorgeandjudycas Posts: 191 Member
    Blah! I hated the laundry in the sims 3. I never used it. So I don't think I'll be buying it.
  • VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    I am not really interested in laundry so I will have to wait and see what else the pack contains before deciding if I should give it a pass or not.
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Even though I don't think anything I voted for won any of the vote stages, I'll be buying it because it's $10.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I've no interest in the laundry portion itself. I don't want to wash and fold clothes in real life and I'm not too keen on watching my sims do it. However, I like a lot of the proposed furniture and a few of the CAS items so there we are.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    didn't buy any stuff packs except kids room, void critters awesome activity for kids
  • MeikoRoseMeikoRose Posts: 10 New Member
    I can't wait! I loved laundry in Sims 3 and have been waiting on this for ages!
  • Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    Laundry is about as interesting as watching paint dry.
    However; if the pack contains anything somewhat worthwhile I might consider it when it's on sale.
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
    Laundry looks great if your a builder. But admit myself it can get annoying when you have to have a laundry basket in every room unless Sims litter dirty pile every time they remove them.

• bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    when is this pack going to be available?
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I'll buy it but I have so many exp./game/stuff packs to buy already that I will probably let it wait a bit.
  • AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Laundry looks great if your a builder. But admit myself it can get annoying when you have to have a laundry basket in every room unless Sims litter dirty pile every time they remove them.

It has actually been confirmed that you only need 1 laundry basket in a house (or floor? I don't remember the exact wording) to get all the dropped laundry.
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    I'm going to buy it.... It's not what I ultimately wanted to win... But I still think the objects are worth having!

It has actually been confirmed that you only need 1 laundry basket in a house (or floor? I don't remember the exact wording) to get all the dropped laundry.

Oh good. It will be nice to build a laundry room in a basement.
    Well it's an improvement not having littered clothing everywhere B)

• AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member

Oh good. It will be nice to build a laundry room in a basement.
    Well it's an improvement not having littered clothing everywhere B)

Agreed
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    The pack objects look great. Can't wait for the wicker furniture. Will be buying for sure.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Well, I will be buying 2 laundry's. I need one for the upstairs and downstairs. we have a big home. I should get a pack for the kids too so they can do their own laundry. ;)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm not buying it. One because it's laundry and no disrespect to anyone who enjoys it but it's not my idea of fun in a game. I don't always use it in the sims 3 but I never paid 29.99 specifically for laundry when I bought the EP so I love the pack I just don't always use the feature. I can't say I want to buy housework for my sims to the tune of 7.99 I hope those that buy it enjoy it though.

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I'm not buying it. One because it's laundry and no disrespect to anyone who enjoys it but it's not my idea of fun in a game. I don't always use it in the sims 3 but I never paid 29.99 specifically for laundry when I bought the EP so I love the pack I just don't always use the feature. I can't say I want to buy housework for my sims to the tune of 7.99 I hope those that buy it enjoy it though.

The maids have very little to do, make them do your laundry ;)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor