Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❖ MAFIA ULTIMATE LIST ❖

Comments

• FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    I thought of several mechanics my game could use. I am going to list them, can you guys name which ones you want? You can name multiple. I want to get a taste of what the people want in a game, cause I want it to be as fun as possible! :)

A. Night start
    B. No unvoting, the vote you start with is permanent until the next day
    C. No Lynch is not allowed
    D. Everybody has a cool role
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start
    I. Characters based off of members of the community!

A (unless you're going to have mafia night kill on night start. If you do night start for cops to get a headstart, that'd be great. :3)
    C
    D
    F
    I (Would we vote for the character, or the player in this case?)

Do you mean like, you request the player(s) you want to me? Like, for example, say Rose and Sub are characters (which they msot likely will be, unless they stop playing mafia :D ), and for some reason, you just wanted to be one of them, you could request them? Is that what you mean? And then I try to get you the character you want?
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I thought of several mechanics my game could use. I am going to list them, can you guys name which ones you want? You can name multiple. I want to get a taste of what the people want in a game, cause I want it to be as fun as possible! :)

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

A (unless you're going to have mafia night kill on night start. If you do night start for cops to get a headstart, that'd be great. :3)
    C
    D
    F

Do you mean like, you request the player(s) you want to me? Like, for example, say Rose and Sub are characters (which they msot likely will be, unless they stop playing mafia :D ), and for some reason, you just wanted to be one of them, you could request them? Is that what you mean? And then I try to get you the character you want?

I think she means, say I am silent. Would she vote silent or kitty. :D
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'm the only one that likes the can't unvote thing xD I thought that would be cool tbh.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

B, C, D, I

Idk what semi open means

It means that the host gives some insight on what some of the roles could possibly be, but they could be inaccurate, or there could be different ones, etc

I think it means the players get a list of possible roles, right?

Yes. POSSIBLE roles. So say I was doing a set up with 2 doctors, 6 VTs, and 3 mafias (just some random roles thrown there), I could say something like:
    Some possible roles in this game could be a cop, 3 doctors, and 4 mafias, and 3 VTs (or something like that). And if I were using that horrible random set up that I listed above, you see I gave some insight on what COULD be a role, but it may not be accurate.

That's not semi open. That's being deceiving.
    "All semi-open setups can be found here. Semi-Open is a type of setup where the moderator has revealed all of the roles that can possibly be in the game. However the exact distribution of these roles is unknown to the players, but roles that are not on the list cannot appear in the game.

As an example, a moderator may promise that only Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, and Roleblocker can be in the game. No other roles can be in the game. It is perfectly valid for no Doctors or two Vigilantes to be a part of the actual setup, though."

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Semi-Open_Setups

Basically, you cannot say how many of each power role is present, but you can only say the types of power roles present in the game.

Another version of a semi open game could be where a player how is night killed doesn't have their power role revealed. (But players already know all the number of power roles in the beginning).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

I like open setups the most as long as people don't mass claim their roles. So annoying. XD

I'm okay with closed set ups but it depends. I just played one at the Ultimate Mafia forum and it gave me a headache one time trying to put the puzzle pieces together.

My fav semi-open set up I've played was Keyen's Charge Me Up:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Charge_Me_Up!
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

B, C, D, I

Idk what semi open means

It means that the host gives some insight on what some of the roles could possibly be, but they could be inaccurate, or there could be different ones, etc

I think it means the players get a list of possible roles, right?

Yes. POSSIBLE roles. So say I was doing a set up with 2 doctors, 6 VTs, and 3 mafias (just some random roles thrown there), I could say something like:
    Some possible roles in this game could be a cop, 3 doctors, and 4 mafias, and 3 VTs (or something like that). And if I were using that horrible random set up that I listed above, you see I gave some insight on what COULD be a role, but it may not be accurate.

That's not semi open. That's being deceiving.
    "All semi-open setups can be found here. Semi-Open is a type of setup where the moderator has revealed all of the roles that can possibly be in the game. However the exact distribution of these roles is unknown to the players, but roles that are not on the list cannot appear in the game.

As an example, a moderator may promise that only Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, and Roleblocker can be in the game. No other roles can be in the game. It is perfectly valid for no Doctors or two Vigilantes to be a part of the actual setup, though."

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Semi-Open_Setups

Basically, you cannot say how many of each power role is present, but you can only say the types of power roles present in the game.

Another version of a semi open game could be where a player how is night killed doesn't have their power role revealed. (But players already know all the number of power roles in the beginning).

Oh XD It is so confusing!!! I probably won't do Semi - Open anyway. I was just curious if you guys liked the idea.

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

I like open setups the most as long as people don't mass claim their roles. So annoying. XD

I'm okay with closed set ups but it depends. I just played one at the Ultimate Mafia forum and it gave me a headache one time trying to put the puzzle pieces together.

My fav semi-open set up I've played was Keyen's Charge Me Up:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Charge_Me_Up!

I would make sure that mass claiming wouldn't happen, trust me, I have thought about it XD

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

C
    D
    F

I think she means, say I am silent. Would she vote silent or kitty. :D

Kitty. In Looney Toons game, you wouldn't vote Bugs Bunny, you would vote me, if I had that role.
    Mafia Stats

Well, yes, as the host, a semi open set up could be hard for the host as well.

Also, if everyone has a power, it will also be very hard for you to keep up cuz you have to remember to take note of every single PM you get. The order how it's done is also hard to understand. Like if a traitor is being recruited by the mafia, and let's say 30 mins later the cop investigates the traitor, will the traitor be shown as mafia or not, etc....

If you look at the Charge Me Up one, there's a resolution mechanic for it:
    The Resolution is the following, from highest to lowest priority:

– Mystic

– Commution

– Redirection

– Jailkeep

– Friendly Neighbour's Message

– Protection

– Nightkill

– Investigation

– Recharge

So yeah. I'd rather you just do a simple setup. Perhaps one where there isn't a lot of power roles, cuz it might be too overwhelming for you, since this is your first time. :)
    832XG3D.gif
    If I do decide to do a set up where there are a lot of power roles I may ask somebody to help me make sure I got the night actions and all that jazz and stuff... correct. Maybe I might do a set up where just the majority of people have a PR. It would be cool to have 3rd party roles in the game, too.
    Mafia Stats

If I do decide to do a set up where there are a lot of power roles I may ask somebody to help me make sure I got the night actions and all that jazz and stuff... correct. Maybe I might do a set up where just the majority of people have a PR. It would be cool to have 3rd party roles in the game, too.

Okay but I think you should really get a co-host or something if you want to do something like that.

Just know that if it's a close set up, it's important to not make any errors in giving the players info cuz it might ruin the gameplay. For example, the player just assumes the info they're getting is correct and try to put all the clues and info together but since the info is actually wrong, it will make them get the wrong idea and stuff.
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member

I could Co-Host. Then again, I dont have much experience with that kind of thing.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt

I could Co-Host. Then again, I dont have much experience with that kind of thing.

I think it will be good if you could co-host. It eliminates any errors cuz you both would be able to double check and stuff if things don't tally. :)
    832XG3D.gif
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

A
    B
    C (I wonder though that YOU want this ^^ You always dislike random lynches on day 1, don't you?)
    G
    I (Me as a character would definetely be easily expressed... Or marionette :D Ask Em.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rose's mafia will be over soon with only 6 players left. I already started the thread for my mafia :)Here is the link.
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

A, B, C, D, E, I.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    @FloppyFish what's up with your profile pic? Looks like jail bars.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• naninani Posts: 5,563 Member

I'm not the only one who sees that ? :o
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    nani wrote: »

she's jailed :joy:
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    TRibbo24 wrote: »

But why?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    TRibbo24 wrote: »

But why?

I don't know.
    MAFIA STATS
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member

A. Night start
    E. Closed set up
    F. Semi - Open set up
    G. Open set up
    H. Day start

I remember our games back then. We don't allow unvoting. I'll choose B and C here since it gives me memories, and also E and H and D.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Also if you're hosting a role madness game and this also includes any game you host, you should always use Natural Action Resolution.
    1. Copy
    2. Hide
    3. Bus Drive
    4. Block
    5. Redirect
    6. Protect
    7. Miscellaneous
    8. Kill
    9. Recruit
    10. Inspect

I don't also mind if all of you design your own game, just make sure that it's balanced and it's not too overpowered. I'd like to review the game setup you're trying to create though, but I want to join the game, so I think I won't.

For more info about NAR, you can check it here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution

You don't actually need to strictly follow it, but it's recommended to follow it if you are unsure of a role or somethn. Otherwise, use your common sense in sorting night actions.

Okay but I think you should really get a co-host or something if you want to do something like that.

Just know that if it's a close set up, it's important to not make any errors in giving the players info cuz it might ruin the gameplay. For example, the player just assumes the info they're getting is correct and try to put all the clues and info together but since the info is actually wrong, it will make them get the wrong idea and stuff.

Oh and also this.

If a mod-error happens, you NEED to address the issue asap. Ask the players if they like to continue the game if you really made a big mistake, but also note that you shouldn't spill everything as players may still want to continue playing. Just let people know that you made a mod-error first before telling people what's the reason behind it.

Lastly, I can be your game reviewer Floppy if you intend to make your game open, but I won't if it's closed since I'll play the game. I can also be your co-mod if you really need me bahahaha

i think i will host my kirkwell mafia first instead of my smaller one. :)
    MAFIA STATS
  • Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2017
    There's a mafia ultimate list?! :o ...But what is this other list that Broncos keeps mentioning?