Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    @lisabee2 Wow. Those are all so gorgeous! I've already shot the scene, but that doesn't mean I won't need stuff in the future. The last one would've worked the best. I ended up going with a kind of warehouse-turned-art-gallery thing and remade the outside of it. I needed a hedge maze kind of thing for my idea to work, but like I did, that can be created with anything. That would've made great interior shots. I'm going to download them, especially the first and last one. It's good to know they've been play-tested. It's so irritating when things don't work like routing errors and all.

The last I heard, my mom still doesn't have power. She lives very much off the main road, even off the road from the main road. It's a wonder her road is paved at all. So, it'll take a little while. She has a generator and has been making good use of her grill. The most irritating thing about losing power like that is the well pump needs electricity, so she can only flush the toilets properly when the generator is running.
    And it looks like storm José has disappeared. I haven't looked at the weather map for a few days, and I didn't see anything this morning. I'm glad.
    Another Chapter, Chapter 2.48
    NE3FA5Z.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Here I am ...keeping my promise to be PROMPT with this update. (My fingers are nothing but bloody stumps now and PLEASE forgive any typos) You the readers have chosen who goes forward. <3 FAB build by Elke Renz​

mQVWkhF.jpg

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/09/16/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-9-three-roses-and-four-surprises/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    BL weekend concludes with Chapter 2.49 Toddlers & Trouble.
    578cQId.png
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    I'm going to catch up on everyone's stories very soon, but in the mean time please enjoy an update with the Bay's. News and Introductions
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    I have 30 pages of Spanish homework today. I'm already tired, and I haven't started.
    Anyway, here's a chapter. In a few chapters, I have to slow them down to every 4 days instead of 3 in order not to run out.

CR3-10.png
    3.10: Rat Hunt
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    I have 30 pages of Spanish homework today. I'm already tired, and I haven't started.
    Anyway, here's a chapter. In a few chapters, I have to slow them down to every 4 days instead of 3 in order not to run out.

CR3-10.png
    3.10: Rat Hunt

I here that, I have so much homework due too! :(
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Hey you guys! <3
    Just wondering, any study-writing combining tips? I'm drowning in school work and barely have time to write, let alone screenshot!
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Sterretjeee I feel your pain! Personally, I set a day a week aside for a 5-7 hour writing/screenshotting binge. I work best in long sessions.troughout the week I note down bullet points and summaries of the main plot for the long run. I can recommend an app called Memo pad. I do a lot of brainstorming when biking to school as well. School is important but you should take time for yourself as well. School shouldn't be your number one. (Or maybe that's the bias opinion of an angry teen, who knows!)
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hey you guys! <3
    Just wondering, any study-writing combining tips? I'm drowning in school work and barely have time to write, let alone screenshot!

Hey @Sterretjeee ! I always set goals for my school work. For exams in my school, we always get a list of topics (questions? assignments? I don't really know what the correct word would be) we need to learn - usually around 100 topics. So I always set how many I have to do daily in order to go through them all at least twice before the exam. Which is usually like 20 topics every day and once I'm done it's simming/writing time for me. (It works great in theory, but I'm a procrastinator, so I usually waste all day doing dumb plum and I never manage to actually do the 20 topics I planned to do.)
    edited September 2017
    @CharmingMaruska I think you mean "terms"? 20 full topics would do me in.

@Sterretjeee I try to give myself a day each week to sim/write. I miss the days I had during summer when I would write, what seems like now, almost constantly. That's the only reason I have chapters to release--because I wrote them at least a month ago if not more.

@Everyone It's good for me to see that I'm not the only one drowning in homework. For me, it's pushing the middle of the semester time when everything feels like it's being unmercifully piled on. I gave up trying to read that 30 page story in Spanish. I found an English version and then just skimmed the Spanish one after that. Otherwise, I never would've finished and answered the 27 questions afterward. And don't you just love "single" questions that are like:
    1) Who is Bob? What is his job? Why is his life important?
    2) another question.

That's more than one question! That should be three separate questions, not one!
    *deep breath*
    :)
    @CharmingMaruska I think you mean "terms"? 20 full topics would do me in.

@Sterretjeee I try to give myself a day each week to sim/write. I miss the days I had during summer when I would write, what seems like now, almost constantly. That's the only reason I have chapters to release--because I wrote them at least a month ago if not more.

@Everyone It's good for me to see that I'm not the only one drowning in homework. For me, it's pushing the middle of the semester time when everything feels like it's being unmercifully piled on. I gave up trying to read that 30 page story in Spanish. I found an English version and then just skimmed the Spanish one after that. Otherwise, I never would've finished and answered the 27 questions afterward. And don't you just love "single" questions that are like:
    1) Who is Bob? What is his job? Why is his life important?
    2) another question.

That's more than one question! That should be three separate questions, not one!
    *deep breath*

I'm not sure if "terms" is correct, I don't know what it means in this context. :smile: In my language, we literally call it "Questions" but they are not really questions, but well, different topics I have to talk about during the exam. Right now, for example, I'm studying for my ob/gyn exam and the first "question" is Anatomy of female reproductive organs - corresponding chapter in my textbook is about 20 pages long. Another "question" is for example Contraception or Diabetes in pregnancy both about 10 pages long. Is that what "terms" mean?
    Uh... yeah. "terms" isn't the word. I don't know what would work best. Topics is fine. And as far as the vastness of that assignment... good luck with that! (runs far, far away into Mass Communications Major land) hehe
    edited September 2017
    Uh... yeah. "terms" isn't the word. I don't know what would work best. Topics is fine. And as far as the vastness of that assignment... good luck with that! (runs far, far away into Mass Communications Major land) hehe

Yeah, med school's not fun and games :lol: What does "terms" mean, though? I only know the word from "Terms and Conditions" :smile:

EDIT: I'm not implying Mass Communications Major is fun and games or something like that. Just that med school is terrible and bordeline torture in my opinion :lol:
    Oh, yes, I understand that med school is hard. My mom teaches nursing, and she has so many students that can't survive the first year because they expect it to be easy, thinking more of a candy-striper than doing medical stuff and learning terminology.
    Mass Communications, as I was kidding to someone, is like hippie class. "Peace, Love, and Happiness." I have a class called Diversity in Mass Media, and all we do is sit and talk about how people are misrepresented in media. It's a thing, true, but an entire class? Still, it's becoming one of my favorite classes. There's more to it when we get into real life career possibilities. (like movies, news, public relations, radio) I thank God that I don't have any more math or science to take (just the bare minimum and I've finished that).

"Terms" would be like vocabulary words--I think is a good way to describe it. A word is a term. An idea is a term. (also, a term is a period of time, but yeah. Ain't English fun? /sigh)
    Ok, chapter time. Chapter 50 Time with Toddlers
    pwHDXOy.png
    @lisabee2 Wow. Those are all so gorgeous! I've already shot the scene, but that doesn't mean I won't need stuff in the future. The last one would've worked the best. I ended up going with a kind of warehouse-turned-art-gallery thing and remade the outside of it. I needed a hedge maze kind of thing for my idea to work, but like I did, that can be created with anything. That would've made great interior shots. I'm going to download them, especially the first and last one. It's good to know they've been play-tested. It's so irritating when things don't work like routing errors and all.

The last I heard, my mom still doesn't have power. She lives very much off the main road, even off the road from the main road. It's a wonder her road is paved at all. So, it'll take a little while. She has a generator and has been making good use of her grill. The most irritating thing about losing power like that is the well pump needs electricity, so she can only flush the toilets properly when the generator is running.
    And it looks like storm José has disappeared. I haven't looked at the weather map for a few days, and I didn't see anything this morning. I'm glad.

I hope this post finds her with power and recovering well!

I am soo glad you liked the builds .. I hear you with the not play tested! I had a CUTE little home form a MAJOR builder and the sims would not go into the bathroom or bedroom .. I tried everything .. believe it or not when I took out the WALL SCONCES (yeah it made no sense) it worked! AUGH!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    SO Dear Simmers .. what is it I have on my clipboard for you? <3
    Yep the newest update! Now there are only TWO!

dOxnDFq.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/09/21/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-10-its-a-family-affair/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Ok, been going over a conversation i'm writing and suddenly a question emerged:
    If you kill your simself, is it murder? Why or why not?

(For context, it's my sim self (basically me) talking with a character and they were/are going to say 'Shouldn't you be dead by now?' Answer: 'No, you think I could kill off my simself?')
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

(For context, it's my sim self (basically me) talking with a character and they were/are going to say 'Shouldn't you be dead by now?' Answer: 'No, you think I could kill off my simself?')

The right question may be: is it a murder or a suicide? :o
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

The right question may be: is it a murder or a suicide? :o

Exactly. Would you consider it to be murdering your simself or something else?
    Just gonna drop this one off for you. :)
    Chapter 2.51
    1WHGQky.png