Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you send your sims on dates?

I was wondering where you send your sim couples for romantic dates? I've got two restaurants, my couple has already been to one of them and the other one is a family diner and not suited for dates and I'm running out of ideas on where to send my sims to. I'd love to hear your suggestions, bonus points if the lot is already in the game or created by EA.

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2017
    Its probably boring, but I send my sims to their home lot for dates. It really bugs me that random sims will interrupt your date while out and about then your sims get embarrassed or uncomfortable moodlets because they are being romantic in front of others so I have been known to set the stage with romance lamps and set up dinner and let them have a candle light dinner at home where they can be private.

I like to set up 'moonlight' dinners on the patio and decorate with the lamps and flowers and stuff. It makes for beautiful pictures and the outdoor scene always appealed to me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Its probably boring, but I send my sims to their home lot for dates. It really bugs me that random sims will interrupt your date while out and about then your sims get embarrassed or uncomfortable moodlets because they are being romantic in front of others so I have been known to set the stage with romance lamps and set up dinner and let them have a candle light dinner at home where they can be private.

I like to set up 'moonlight' dinners on the patio and decorate with the lamps and flowers and stuff. It makes for beautiful pictures and the outdoor scene always appealed to me.

Oh, that's a fantastic idea! I think it might be nice for my sims to have their proposal at home, they seem like the kind of couple to keep that a little more private. I'll have Mabel cook something tasty and prepare a cake and all that. I had no idea it is possible to set the home lot as date destination! I would've never come up with this if it wasn't for your post and I don't at all find that boring :smile:
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Bowling alley, nightclub, pretty park, cafe, pub, swimming pool (the island in Windenburg is great for dates)...
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited September 2017
    Pretty much always restaurants. I turned the Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno into a restaurant and dates there always go very well. My advice: Replace the talking toilets with regular ones if you want to spare your sim from the humiliation of being left sitting alone so their date can catch up with the potty.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I tend to choose a simple lot like one of the parks or the Rattlesnake Juice Bar or a Windenburg pub for the first part of the date if I'm doing the requirements but after those are don me they do fun stuff like Karaoke, swimming things like tgat.
    ~ ~ ~
    Pretty much always restaurants. I turned the Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno into a restaurant and dates there always go very well. My advice: Replace the talking toilets with regular ones if you want to spare your sim from the humiliation of being left sitting alone so their date can catch up with the potty.

I don't have CL so I luckily do not have to worry about sims ditching the date to hook up with the toilet :joy:
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Karlia I could be wrong, but it seems less like a hook up and more like their catching up their good ol' porcelain buddy on how their date is going. Either way, it is one of the silliest thing one can witness in the game (and once is quite enough). :)
    I like the views in CL, but it is certainly not for everyone. But Chez Llama that came with Dine Out is also a nice restaurant. I do like to customize the places a bit though and add the woohoo bush somewhere on the lot for dates that go extremely well.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I send mine to restaurants first then to a bowling alley and then home. @Netzspannung good idea adding the woohoo bush. :wink:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Usually down to the nightclub. Bumpty bumpty bump.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Usually just to a restaurant, but sometimes either the bowling ally or a bar depending on the couple.
  • DYWBeeDYWBee Posts: 34 Member
    I always send them to karaoke bars on first dates, it's way easier to complete the tasks. Otherwise, I like to send them to restaurants and bowling alleys - sometimes swimming if I'm making it like a group date.

Lounge bars are okay, but their fun meter plummets so easily and there's always someone playing a musical instrument badly in the corner and then all my sims can concentrate on is that and so then they bundle up really close to the guy (some sort of intimidation method, I assume) and start yelling about how bad it is.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Romantic park, nightclub, bar, karaoke bar, Basketball court, restaurants, café and home.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Thanks for all your suggestions, guys! I should download a bowling alley but I don't really like having non-EA lots in my game :smiley:
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I believe there are a few EA made bowling alleys on the gallery as well @Karlia
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    There is also one in the library but it is made as a bar.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Ah, I'll have a look then! I might've missed it.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    Thanks for all your suggestions, guys! I should download a bowling alley but I don't really like having non-EA lots in my game :smiley:

If you have the pack then Oasis Springs Dust Bowl came with the game and should be in your library under Maxis made buildings :).
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I like sending them to romantic places like restaurants and bowling which I find is quite cute :D
    giphy_1.gif
    I found both the one in the gallery and the one in my library. I think the reason why I didn't recognize that as a bowling alley is that it has a bit of an odd shape! Gonna take a look at the interiors and decide which one I'll place, then I'll have my sims go for a date-and-bowl :smiley:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    My sims sometimes have dates at the spa / pool / even the gym, taking a yoga class together, get in the hot tub or sauna, etc. I sometimes take them bowling (but do this more with teens), or they go to the festivals and try foods and the bubble bar or go to the karaoke bar together. But I often send them to dinner as well actually. Either home alone, but more often at one of my restaurants. I kind of love building them then go check them out "as a customer" :D finally, there's always the park to go to, sit by the fire together, serenade one another or have a little bbq. Idk it really depends on the sims in the end and what "suits" them (and their stories). And my mood of course ;)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I tried the bowling alley and they didn't even speak to each other guess I shouldn't have let them bowl but that is one of the things I did on dates and we talked and joked a lot so I don't understand why my sims don't.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Museums are also one of the places I use for dates.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I go to various places for dates. Sometimes I take them to the park, especially if its a weekend. I also like to take them to the gym or bowling alley. I pretty much just go where I think they can have fun, but I try to keep it fresh.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    home 99,9999999% of the time.

Same. I might have the couple go to a restaurant or a pub on the first date but the second one is almost always at home. It's a lot of fun actually! You can bake a cake, serve some coffee and have a nice chat without anyone interrupting and making things awkward. Or make it more romantic with a fancy meal and nice dim lighting and flowers and formal clothing.. My favorite thing to do is to have my sim couples drink the fizzy fruity drinks from the spa day tray while sitting on a balcony and chatting. It's very casual but still intimate enough. My sim houses almost always have terraces and balconies but it works well on patios too. Just remember to lock the doors to all the rooms with computers in them.

A movie night with popcorn is also a nice idea!