Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2018
    I know I have posted this list a few times but I want people to see it and add more stuff to the list or get ideas for their own list. :wink:

These are my suggestions:

- Alarm Clocks
    - wake up more than 1 hour before they go to work
    - faster eating, bathing, and toilet runs
    - relaxing in bed
    - a workbench to make bouquets with the flowers
    - a workbench to make something with crystals and metals (maybe jewelry)
    - shelves big enough to display large crystals, fossils, insects, and frogs
    - fish not go bad in the refrigerator or give them a timer like the food (I hate when I fish away from my neighborhood and the fish are going bad before I can get back)
    - Or a container to put fish in so they don't go bad
    - more recipes to use all the fruits and vegetables
    - insects can be caught in parks
    - after you identify a plant the bushes are also identified (Get a ton of the same plants when looking for new ones)
    - the collector butterfly (it a pain trying to find collectables)
    - more fruits and vegetables
    - sprinklers (it takes forever to water plants)
    - toddlers
    - less multiple births
    - larger neighborhood with venues
    - have children's skill rollover to teen and so on
    - ethnic jewelry (don't know what it's called like the India headband)
    - ethnic clothing (like sarong)
    - piercings
    - be able to put your own pictures (like with music)
    - fully adjustable lifespans
    - working elevators or escalators
    - ladders
    - dating service online
    - favorites and astrological signs
    - stackable display containers for insects and frogs
    - other tabs for career, camping, and etc.
    - weather
    - cars would be nice
    - able to know how much time is left when you are on vacation
    - some kind of indicator what wrong with the baby
    - job: daycare
    - more starter homes
    - future (like the one in sims 3)
    - cuddling in bed
    - robbers
    - police to arrest robbers
    - firemen/women
    - snuggling while sleeping
    - more hairstyles for toddlers
    - more clothes for toddlers
    - more matching colors (it gets annoying when you have a color scheme and one piece just won't match)
    - celebrities
    - fish tanks that hold more than 6 fish types
    - headbands separate from hair
    - be able to swim in ocean/lake
    - In depth genealogy
    - teens sneaking out at night
    - more lots
    - added skills: cleaning, drums and bass
    - favorite music
    - swings and slides for children
    - color wheel or something like it so I can match my furniture.

I'll keep adding everything I want as I think of them.
    Post edited by Dee West on
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Bunk beds!
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    If I could choose just one thing to be added to Sims 4, I'd pick the first thing on the original poster's compiled list.

Body hair.

Lack of body hair a legitimate issue for me, and to exclude it is, well, very exclusive and makes me feel sort of awful.

Come on Sims 4! If you can do facial hair, you can do body hair! I BELIEVE IN YOU.

I need this more than anything. Forget seasons, pets, anything. I just want body hair options.

Sims 4 does a lot to be inclusive and accepting, and this is something I need in that department.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Free_SpiritFree_Spirit Posts: 4 New Member
    I think Sims should be able to interact more with each other. It may be too much to ask for but I like the idea of Sims that are in a relationship sitting on each others laps, leaning against each other on couches, actually cuddling in bed, things like that. At the moment the ways Sims interact is so stiff and plastic, I wouldn't mind a little bit more freedom with that type of thing. Also sitting positions and things like that would be really cool, adding a little more personality to Sims. I would also love an option for like teens and kids to sit on kitchen counters, tables, arm-rests, stuff like that. I know there are mods for this type of thing but I'm not a huge fan of mods and I feel like they should be in base game... idk, I'm probably asking for way too much, I just think it's a cool idea.
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    I played the doctor career for the 1st time today. It's fun but could use a lot of improvement.
    More hospital staff; orderlies pushing food carts, mopping the floors, wet floor sign, Sims can slip and fall
    Patients in wheelchairs
    Sounds of ambulances leaving and returning.
    A baby ward would be cool
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    there should be an option to not match hair colors so that sims can have different hair colors with different outfits
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • AriaSaeryenAriaSaeryen Posts: 70 Member
    I really would like octagonal roofs to be brought back.
  • KayT91KayT91 Posts: 2 New Member
    I really wish we could build apartments, adjust height of individual rooms, own and drive cars, more roofing options, more ways for children to learn lift skills (like easy bake oven lol), sprinklers, more fruits and veggies, incorporate need items to cook specific recipe and not charge per meal, seasons w/ specific holiday, buyable cleaning supplies (broom, mop, vacuum, sponge w/ needed ownership to clean), more outdoor playsets (added recolors to match garden pack), more lot options (hate this presized bologna), tattoos (more variety, more options to place, sizeable), different shaped stairs, infant/toddler: cribs, changing table, mobile, customize infant outfit, identify gender before birth, more careers, barn animals w/ corresponding options (harvestable milk and eggs, ride horse)
    When my detective arrests a suspect, I'd like for them to actually be handcuffed and not just standing there.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I'm not a big builder in the Sims, but I really REALLY wish to be able to change lights color and intensity in build mode. Unless it's possible now, then please tell me :) If not, it'd make the game easier for sure.
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    question? is there some mod or cheat for chanchig tipe of lot on secret places lot? example-i wanna change in sulivan glade lot tipe from specific to restaurant. is there som mod for that or cheeat?
  • KitAceKitAce Posts: 38 Member
    New CAS relationship options,

-Boyfriend/Girlfriend
    -Stepmother
    -Stepfather
    -Stepbrother/sister

The ability to automatically make a cousin instead of making a sibling sim, giving them a child and removing them.
    Another thing I'd like to see fixed about the detective career, is when my cop returns a prisoner to their cell she closes the wrong door. That is so messed up.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    More selfie poses would be nice

selfie10.jpg

That picture freaked me out. Like I had to a double take and now I think I will have nightmares. What game is that?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited September 2017
    What game is that?

It's not a video game, just it's a free 3D software that you can use to create a scene (pose or animation).
  • ericsbaneericsbane Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey all I don't as a general rule post on game forums but this topic really got me to thinking about some of the issues that I think should be addressed in Sims 4. Some of these I think might even touch on ideas for stuff/expansion packs.

We need a country "World"
    I think we need a country world with maybe 3 empty lots at most.
    The background would be similar to granite falls. (i.e. you don't see high rises and buildings in the background.) The purpose of this lot would be for future updates that might incorporate farming or the like. (Imagine the ability to Harvest chicken eggs here or get milk from Cows, and plenty of space for large gardens or farms.)
    This farming DLC could of course include a lot of the "Off The Grid" items that people were asking for in the Stuff Pack that folks just voted on. (Wells, Windmills clotheslines etc) I think that all those items would be better suited to this "Farming/Country World" Expansion Pack to begin with, as it really makes no sense to live "Off the Grid" in a subdivision.
    This Country World should be filled with trees and ponds to really give a a mountain/backwoods kind of feel. This environment is something I really liked about Granite Falls, and I was sorely disappointed that I could not simply buy a lot there.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    question? is there some mod or cheat for chanchig tipe of lot on secret places lot? example-i wanna change in sulivan glade lot tipe from specific to restaurant. is there som mod for that or cheeat?

I think you can change the lot when it's not owned in Build mode. Some lots we can not change.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't know if these things would fix the sims 4 but it would make it more fun. I would love to see more interactions between sims that are not talking animations. Like playing catch with your kid, swinging them around, playing tag, cops and robbers, doing cartwheels, showing off, bragging to friends, and showing off. Bunk beds would be great for my larger families. Preteens and babies not connected to their bassinet. More interactions between family members. Like showing off a new sibling to a toddler or letting them hold their new sibling. I would also love more interactions between adults. Especially on dates. Like playing footsy, sharing food, throwing a glass in another sim's face, kissing over the table, and proposing. I just want more interactions between sims and less with objects!
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm not a big builder in the Sims, but I really REALLY wish to be able to change lights color and intensity in build mode. Unless it's possible now, then please tell me :) If not, it'd make the game easier for sure.

Laws yes! This is such an oversight. It's so ridiculous that I have to commandeer a Sim to go to a community lot that I'm renovating, just so that I can adjust the lights.

I don't get how Sims 4 can be so revolutionary in some areas of build mode, then be so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 backwards in areas that should have been no-brainers.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    A Evil/Mean sim (Criminal career) in a Infamous club with Mean social/Fight activities in a Mean Vibe lot, the result is ... nothing.
    The sims aren't able to be wicked, it doesn't exist in that world.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    More selfie poses would be nice

selfie10.jpg

Imagine if this is what sims looked like lol. It's freaky but cool.
    edited September 2017
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    let's pretend we have two houses on one lot. we should have the option to choose if one has a foundation, and if one doesn't. maybe just choose which walls, because like, what if you want a platform on the ground floor? when trying to make one, all of the other walls have a foundation, and it's annoying. we should also be able to apply wallpaper to the inside of foundation that's above basement stairs. but the first idea is desperate because... farms! barns don't have foundations, but farm houses usually do! >_<
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png