Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can not log in to sims3community

Invalid Login Information. Please try again . I can not log in

Comments

• hetisemmahetisemma Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the same problem, seems to be a problem for a lot of people. I can't login to Origin, EA or the Sims community (so I made a new account just so I could complain about this) because my credentials are invalid but when I try to get a new password, I don't receive an e-mail. On downdetector, twitter and tumblr people are complaining about this too since yesterday.

I really hate this because now I can't play the Sims.
  • hetisemmahetisemma Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyway, I just contacted EA help on Twitter and it seems they've been dealing with this and fixing this issue for individual users, so maybe that's worth giving a shot? I'm still waiting on a reply but I'm seeing replies to people with the same problem where they state they can help them.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Yesterday I could not log on origin in . I need to change my password do to have never change it before .It 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me till today to get them to e-mail me so I could do that. after changed my password I was able to log in on sims3 com. then I later I went back on and it did not work.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    Yesterday I could not log on origin in . I need to change my password do to have never change it before .It plum me till today to get them to e-mail me so I could do that. after changed my password I was able to log in on sims3 com. then I later I went back on and it did not work.

You need to contact EA directly if you have account issues
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    This happens from time to time, although it has never prevented me from logging into Origin, just into Sims 3. The error message says "This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying." Hope EA fixes it soon. It's been over 3 days now for me. I'm in the UK. Usually I just grin and bear it until it suddenly gets fixed.
  • kitylinda2kitylinda2 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @gmomasue said:
    > Invalid Login Information. Please try again . I can not log in

I'm having the same problem. I just created this account to ask for help; my original account is Kitylinda ( http://forums.thesims.com/pt_BR/profile/Kitylinda ) and I didn't changed or forgot my password, I was going to log in after a while and this message appears: "Invalid Login Information. Please try again." I tried again and again and it's always the same message. I tried to log in my EA and Origin account (that have the same email) and the same message appears, I'm afraid I was hacked. So I tried to get a new password but the email to confirm it simply doesn't appears in my mailbox. What can I do??? There's a way I can get my account back, 'cause if I don't all the stuff I bought in The Sims 3 website and games installed in origin will be lost.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    This isn't going to help in all cases especially if there is currently a problem with one of EA's servers, the one that handles account authentication. But it certainly helps in many others, including after an EA server issue has been fixed.

The game, the Launcher, and the website utilize Internet Explorer's resources for those on Windows (for Mac users, it's probably Safari). Even if you never use IE yourself as a web browser and have never set up Favorites, the easiest thing to try is clear IE's cache and cookies with the option to retain cookies for Favorites switched off.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Some players on Windows 10 tell us they don't have IE at all, but that is impossible. It must be in there someplace even if the operating system is hiding it from you; a search might help reveal it. It wouldn't hurt to do similar procedures for Edge and the other browsers, but those aren't really what the game is using.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • kitylinda2kitylinda2 Posts: 3 New Member
    Just got my account back! You have to get in contact with EA so they will send you the necessary emails
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This isn't going to help in all cases especially if there is currently a problem with one of EA's servers, the one that handles account authentication. But it certainly helps in many others, including after an EA server issue has been fixed.

The game, the Launcher, and the website utilize Internet Explorer's resources for those on Windows (for Mac users, it's probably Safari). Even if you never use IE yourself as a web browser and have never set up Favorites, the easiest thing to try is clear IE's cache and cookies with the option to retain cookies for Favorites switched off.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Some players on Windows 10 tell us they don't have IE at all, but that is impossible. It must be in there someplace even if the operating system is hiding it from you; a search might help reveal it. It wouldn't hurt to do similar procedures for Edge and the other browsers, but those aren't really what the game is using.

IE does exist. All they need to do is search for Internet explorer. Yes it hidden. I have used that to clear the internet cookies and that stuff. I use windows 10.